Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Peony, The Hoosier State Flower: Orientation to sun

Communities > Forums > Article: The Peony, The Hoosier State Flower
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Peony, The Hoosier State FlowerReplies: 5, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

March 15, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9043517

I did not know that about peonies: that they are sensitive to their orientation to the sun.
I will need to watch that when I transplant them.
The article did not point out that peonies are long lived perennials.
I have several which are over 30 years old.
vanislandgirl
Ladysmith, BC

March 15, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9043931

I love all my Peonies! And the different colours and sizes. I even have one tree peony that is about 4 feet high now. It also shows new growth early in the year. I don't know it's name, beautiful yellow single flower. It even flowered well in to the Fall. Many of mine have a story how how they came to live with me, which makes them even more special to me.
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

March 15, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9044233

Aah! they grow in Canada's banana belt also.
I planted a tree peony a few years ago,but it did not make it through the winter here.
Now I am trying to germinate seeds for a yellow tree peony: paeonia ludlowii.
Perhaps if it goes through winter as a seedling and I plant it in a sheltered part of the yard???
We shall see.
vanislandgirl
Ladysmith, BC

June 18, 2012
8:33 AM

Post #9169891

Good morning, I have had one or two fail. They don't seem to do much the first year or two, and then take off. My first large one is doing well. Other are really growing well this year. let me know if the seeds work? Please.
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

June 18, 2012
12:28 PM

Post #9170219

Will do---let people know if seeds germinate or not.
It may take another winter?

beckybecky312

beckybecky312
heze
China

October 3, 2013
7:52 PM

Post #9677395

i know very much about peonies.if there are some questions,you can ask me,i will be gald to help you. Because i have grow peony for over 10years.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Peony, The Hoosier State Flower Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Indiana state flower flowerpainter 0 Mar 19, 2012 5:33 AM
Nichols Arboretum leanderson 0 Mar 19, 2012 8:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America