AuthorContent
JenDion
Litchfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9043530

Hello All,

I'm writing today on behalf of the Litchfield Area Garden Club, in Litchfield NH. Our State Butterfly is the Kerners Blue Butterfly, and it's host plant is specifically wild blue lupine. The butterfly is now endangered in NH. We are working with the highschool Ecology Club to increase the concentration of wild blue lupine in the area, to (hopefully) increase the numbers of the butterflies. If any of you have an abundance of seed of it, that you would not mind donating, we would be very appreciative. Feel free to d-mail me with any questions.

Thank you, and Happy Gardening!

Jennifer Dionne
LAGC President

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 24, 2012
10:31 PM

Post #9055928

If your still looking at the end of this season,I may have, to send you some.I have a few only had not collected any seeds from them.Good hopes and wishes with your project,we have a few of those butterflies here in Indiana if were talking about the same thing,only I thought they hosted only on wild hyacinth.
James
v4bernsje
Midwest City, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9059215

You could try contacting local wildlife preserves that host the butterfly and see if they know of anywhere local that has seeds or plants.
JenDion
Litchfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

March 28, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9060424

Thank you both for your replies! We are working with the Ecology Club at our local high school, and I know they have been in touch with the State regarding support, etc. They have secured some seed and have started growing plants, but we are hoping to increase their seed supply so that more plants can be started.

Thank you both so much!
Katlian
Carson City, NV
(Zone 6b)

March 29, 2012
1:46 PM

Post #9062179

Have you contacted the New England Wildflower Society? Many native plant groups host seed exchanges.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America