Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: How was your day? #332

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 206, Views: 940
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9045529

Please join us in casual chat. We love our pets & we enjoy sharing our experiences here.

I had office help most of the day. I had to help Truffles handle the stress again... she needs ear & chin massages quite often. :-)

Thumbnail by Tammy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9045533

Aww, what a good boss you are. If you have an opening, I think I will apply as I need massages quite often too, but I prefer the back massage!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 16, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9045543

What a cute picture! Thanks for the new thread.

BonnieB, enjoy your DGD for the weekend. Those broken foots are NOT fun. Sounds like the boot/shoe I had.

DH is handling what pain there is just fine, work is falling apart and he spent a great deal of time on the phone with them
talking them through some procedures and repairs. I offered to drive him in and he could sit and elevate /supervise. Trust me, I had alterier motives.

My eyes are still bothering me, and the light from the monitor isn't helping. I have my sunglasses on right now and look a sight but it helps somewhat. If I don't have my contacts in...I can't see anything. SO, to take them out and attempt to walk...without tripping, cook, or what is needed, is nearly impossible.

BUT going to go do exactly that for the night.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9045560

BonnieB - I'm not sure I can find time for more office assistants like the ones I have already. Its hard to get my work done when I've got to take care of them. lol

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 16, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9045575

Andre is back to nearly normal. I am carrying my stick(tire checker, heavy with a metal band on the end)when we are out.
It looks like my thumb will be back to normal soon and I can get back to crocheting. Do to money-or lack of it I will have to wait until the first of the month to send the one I have finished. I just hope I can unlearn the tricks I learned to be able to hit the space key with my first finger. It works but it throws all my typing off!!!

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9045576

Tammy, thanks for the new thread. Great assistant!!

Debbie, I hope your eyes improve. Now don't go leaving your DH along the side of the road.

I hope I find a 2X4 while cleaning - I got an automated message that they will deliver my washer between 7-9 pm. My request was for morning. The phone call was at 9:38 - after the store closed. We have no street lights and I have only one little porch light. The store opens at 6 am tomorrow and I will be calling. I am about 2 miles from the store but I guess they don't have their own delivery team.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9045593

Sandy, sorry I think I forgot to "speak" to you in my other post. I have forgotten, what did you do to your hand? Sure hope that is is quickly gone, and that you can get back to the knitting. I love my shawl. It is so handy to tuck it in a side pocket of the purse I am using, and it has come in handy a couple of times in restaurants, when I get chilly. Seems like most stores turn the AC on early and have it so cold that you need something around your shoulders.

Tammy, I understand about the job. I knew that one of them had spent the day with your DH and skipped work, and with spring coming, I thought maybe you would want to fill that vacant position!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9045596

I have all the office help I can handle but if you want to join me in the garden to get things cleaned up for spring, you are hired BonnieB!

I'm falling asleep. I finished my book last night so will do something light for a bit and zonk out fast.

Good night everyone!
Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9045609

The bruise is still spreading on top of my foot..and it is still painful...
I worked outside today and transplanted some roses..I am getting an order ready to mail tomorrow..

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 16, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9045614

BonnieB no problem. A can fell out of the icebox and hit my thumb, braking the nail and the I get a infection in it. Had just came in from working in the yard and had not washed my hands yet. Infection is cleared up, but thumb is still sore and I am losing a layer of skin-all on the side that hits the space bar.

Now I am really going to bed.

Good night.

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 17, 2012
2:56 AM

Post #9045751

Morning everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day. Did you all know that St. Paddy was born in Wales?

Looks like our forecasted weekend weather of mid 60's and clear is not going to happen. But I will take mid 50'sF anytime especially at this time of year.

Thanks for the new thread Tam. Truffles certainly looks like all of your stress relief efforts are working. Every morning when I first look out I can visualize Gary and the kits going for their morning walk.

CC apptment went well. W is down another 5 lb much to his dismay. I am going to have to buy him a smaller pair of jeans. The Palliative Care doc increased the strength of his BT meds, increased nausea meds and sent him for a x-ray of his left shoulder. She fears the bone cancer has spread due to some new areas of intense pain. I chuckled when she asked W if he had some BT med with him. He replied that I always carry some, so she suggested given the look of pain on his face and his painful way of sitting he should be taking one right now. Hopefully he listened carefully to her little lecture about taking BT and obviously needed to be upping the amount each day. She also suggested he graze all day, have 3 Boost a day - just generally eat whatever and when ever he wants.We will see how that goes,lol. Dr Harle mentioned to me when W was out walking with the oxygen monitor that she is literally shocked that he is still with us. I told her it was pure Mott stuborness. He spent the remainder of yesterday and will all of today sleeping and resting - the trip into the CC takes a lot out of him.

Have been up for a few hours so think I will try and go back to sleep for a bit. Will BBL

Dianne

This message was edited Mar 17, 2012 10:45 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9045784

good morning

{{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}}}}}}

Tam thanks for the new thread

waving at everyone

s and a

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9045809

Andre and his cone
Sandy and andre

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107
Click an image for an enlarged view.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9045863

Sandy, that last picture looks cool with the shadows on his face - he looks like he's morphing into something else.

Dianne, I wish we could come up with something that DH would eat. Hopefully he will drink the shakes. (((HUGS)))

I'm doing my first load of laundry in the new washer. I thought I was going to cancel it. I called the store this morning and they arranged for someone at the store to deliver it. First he couldn't get the water turned off - then he said the valve was broken and I would have to get it replaced to get the water in the washer. He got the valve working and - Eureka - I have a new working washing machine. He turned it on and I could barely hear it. The bathroom and furnace share a wall. The water hookups are in the wall. You should see the dust from the furnace. I don't think it's from the furnace it's from the blowing. Poor man was covered in dust. And I vacuumed what I could last night.

This is a long weekend for me. I took Monday off for my birthday. It's a cold gloomy gray day here. Perfect day to stay in and do laundry. hehe First load is done - I may have to put a timer in there - can't hear the washer.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9045869

Good morning, sun is out but we had more rain overnight, so it needs to burn off some of the moisture before it is a good day to be outdoors.

Waiting on DS as he is supposed to come by, and if the visit is short, DGD and I are going shopping in Louisville. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sandy, awww, Andre looks like it doesn't bother him that much, but I am sure certain things really do. Give him a big hug from me.

Elsie, isn't it amazing how quiet the new washers are? Since mine is in a separate room, and I usually keep the door shut, I am always going to check to see if it is finished. Is yours the HE kind? Heaven help me is someone pulls any of my appliances out, as I am sure there is enough dirit to start some seeds behind/beneath them.

Dianne, I am assuming that your DH is letting the pain get started before taking the pain meds. Try to help him understand that he needs to keep them in his system to be more effective. Hope he rests and recovers from his trip out today. Hmmm, would be nice if someone told me to eat whenever and whatever I wanted, I would be three feet wide, I think in a short time.

Well, waiting to see if we are shopping or staying home.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9045899

Good Morning!

Sandy - I love those pic's of Andre, especially the third one. He just looks so cozy & fuzzy.

Dianne - does W enjoy dark chocolates? It sounds like some high calorie treats would be a nice addition to his grazing, though I guess you'll want him to have foods dense with nutrients. I found a recipe I like for very healthy cookies. They are not sweet (though you could add sugar to make them sweeter). They have oatmeal, banana, coconut, almond (ground into a flour) and dark chocolate. They are a like a meal that tastes good. :-)

Loretta - I'll be over with my laundry in a flash! So glad you got the washer & its installed and working so quietly for you. Enjoy your long weekend.

Melva - sounds like you are doing well with your rose business. :-)

I need to make devilled eggs & apple crisp for a potluck tonight. I have a scratchy throat but feel good otherwise so won't cancel unless it gets worse. I will make sure I'm scrupulous keeping my hands clean while cooking.

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9045911

BonnieB, it isn't HE but I'm amazed at how little water is in the rinse cycle. I am doing towels - we'll see. The first load I did on gentle and they came out rather wrinkled. i'm guessing it's the lack of water in the rinse. At least it's not shaking the house. I hope you get to go shopping.

Tammy, I hope you are not coming down with anything. MMM deviled eggs and apple crisp - I'll be right over. I know you check out recipes - someone has an appetizer - asparagus, cherry tomatoes and parmesan - baked. It's a pretty dish and I bet it's delicious.

I think I will have to stop with the laundry since I don't have a dryer. hehe

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9045930

Andre is no longer wearing it as he is not licking. We are both happier with out it.

Going out to do a little yard work.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 17, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9045934

DANG! BRB

This message was edited Mar 17, 2012 9:32 AM

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 17, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9045938

No words needed...

Enjoy your day!

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 17, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9045964

Debbie, I have a 4x4 and remember I do have that nasty cattle prod if you need it.

Glad Andre is free from his cone although he sure didn't look too agitated by wearing it. Seeing lots of Canadian licence plates Sandy?

How do you like your new hair colour Bonnie? Does your DM want to change her hair colour now? I seem to remember her doing that one time after you changed your hair colour and your nails. Hope you had a better sleep last night. Sure wish those docs could get you feeling better Bonnie. How long are you at the shores condo this time?

BonnieB Quill just swooned when she saw the photo of her Mr B. lol She has been busy chasing squirrels away from the bird feeders. My goodness they are bold. Last night Quill and Stormy spent most of the night communing with the coyotes.The coyotes are very vocal right now for some reason.

How is your DGD's injury healing Bonnie? Is she able to go to school?

Tam the cookies sound interesting. I would love the recipe. Right now DH has lost all interest in his fav - dark chocolate. In fact he doesn't even want the ice cream bars he asked me to buy. Basically nothing interests him food wise. Have you finished the Hildenbrand book? I have read a couple of her books and really enjoyed them.

Congrats on the new washer Elsie. Are you getting a dryer too? My dryer is on the fritz right now and I am lost without out. Should be fixed by Tuesday IF the parts come in.

My niece who is getting married in Oregon in August is going bananas trying to organize her wedding from India. And of course she wants everything perfect.Her fiance has never been married before so they are doing it up just dandy fine. Laura has only been to Oregon once and that was at Christmas so she doesn't know the area and what is available so is relying on the net and her future MIL. It is so nice to see her so happy, she certainly dserves to be.

Adina how are things with you?

Vicki bet the store is going crazy with Easter things right now. How are you handling the craziness or hasn't the bedlam hit yet?

Melva, how is your foot?

Dianne

This message was edited Mar 18, 2012 12:20 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9045985

Dianne we see them all the time, they and the other snow birds should be heading home soon

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9046034

Well the apple crisp is hot out of the oven and the deviled eggs are all deviled in the refrigerator. I have picked up the living room a bit and will start organizing my papers in preparation for taxes. ugh.

I'll type up the cooking recipe in the recipe forum and link back here in a bit Dianne. And yes - I finished "Unbroken". About 25% of the book was annotations of source materials. She meticulously documented each conversation and every interview, be it phone or email. The book is just amazing as is her subject. She said that when she finished Seabiscuit she never imagined every finding someone that would fascinate her as much but when she met Louie Zamperini, she knew she had to write his story. And he was an absolute pack rat so had all sorts of information and photos. She also said he had an impeccable memory, even when he was in his 90s. Definitely recommend it.

BRB
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9046042

Here's the link to the healthy cookies:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1247350/
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 17, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9046071

Yum...apple crisp. It is a rainy yucky day here...apple crisp sounds like a good idea!

Dianne, you are one of my all time heroes. You're amazing. As is Warren. (And I vote for the cattle prod for Debbie)
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9046098

I have seen cattle prods in action...(on cattle) and it seemed extreme for them..so I vote for the 2x4...
My foot is better today.
Made a lunch of chicken breasts, onions and mushrooms and those cute little potatoes (I bought them mainly to plant)
We broke down and turned on the A/C it has been hot the last few days...Graham even got to go outside yesterday.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2012 11:53 AM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9046125

Its been hot here too Melva. DH hooked up the evaporative cooler for the greenhouse today. Its supposed to get in the 80s in a couple days. And its glorious outside here. I exerted an unbelievable amount of willpower in resisting going outside to prune & weed so that I could get my taxes going. I've gone through my stack of papers (2yrs worth since I skipped it last year) and filed everything. I just made a pile to shred - will do that later. Now I have just the papers I need for the taxes.

Lee - wanna come help? I'll give you a nice piece of apple crisp? :-)

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9046185

In the 80's here...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9046222

here also

s and a

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9046273

Dianne, DM did not comment on my hair - translation - she liked it and will be attempting to copy. LOL! She threw me in the muck and hung me out to dry this week emotionally on three different topics. And each time that she perceives that she has "won" encourages her to be more bold in her next approach. Sigh... It is very depressing as there is no solution to this problem. So happy that W's pain is manageable. The fact that he is still with you is a testament to your fine care.

Tammy the photo of Pixel at the top of this thread could be on a calendar page. She on that rug is a beautiful combination.

Melva sorry your foot is still aching.

Sandy, poor Andre. Hope he can continue without using the collar.

Elsie, finally enjoying the new washer - Woo Hoo!!!!

Debbie - awwwww that pink bird sure does look good next to those shamrocks. Happy St. Paddy's Day.

My hair is a light ash brown with almost platinum highlights. I like it. It is soft. The blond was getting too brassy/bright/something?

H.O.W. managed to break one of his new expensive toys from Petco. He learned how to dismantle it the second day it was here. Friday night he took it apart and lost a part of the toy somewhere in this house. The toy was on the LR floor, running, but the mouse was gone. I have looked everywhere, Margarita moved all the furniture today. We both looked everywhere. The missing part is nowhere to be seen. He is one in a million!

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9046281

Bonnie I would hate for him and Andre to get together!!!! Your hair sounds nice.

What kind of day I am having. I did some gardening-transplanted some milkweed with there caterpillars on them.Planted 4 other plants. Emptied some soil from old pots into the wheelbarrow for tomorrow when the yard guys come. And I spent hours trying to clear the my Recommendations on Amazon-am I bored or what? Now I am looking for some Audible books double bored!!!

Waving at everyone.

Sandy and Andre
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 17, 2012
2:11 PM

Post #9046284

Tammy I'd come help but it's all rainy and cold her and I'm all cozy here with Miss Maddie.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9046334

Sandy, this is my new hair color.

Thumbnail by greersfolly

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9046350

That is a very nice color!!!!

My day is getting more boring every minute, my friend across the street wants me to come over and listen to her speech for school!!!!

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9046374

Bonnie, your hair looks great! Too funny about HOW. I was watching that show on Animal Planet about cats. They had a round mat like toy with a thing in the center. You turn it on and a mouse runs around the outside of the mat. He was trying to get a cat to play with toys rather than attacking the other cat.

It turned into a beautiful day here. I had the windows open and laundry drying outside. I've had a few short naps this afternoon.

I'm taking Debbie's suggestion and looking for shoes.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9046412

Elsie, this first photo is of the toy that he destroyed. We cannot find the mouse which is attached to the stick. When the toy is operational, the maroon fabric circular cover is unfolded over the disc and mouse. The mouse runs around under the cloth.

The second photo is of the other successful toy I purchased. The mouse tail flicks randomly through the two slits for a seven minute period once the state button is depressed.

Both cats love both toys.

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 17, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9046466

That's a pretty color Bonnie.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9046471

Bonnie, the first one is the one I saw on Animal Planet. Can you stick something else on the end - maybe a ribbon?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 17, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9046522

OK, I have missed a lot...Bonnie and others. WHO is HOW???

Love the color Bonnie, very nice and "spring like".

Elsie, I think you should go shoe shopping...your on a roll.

Had visitors today. Shannon came first, seemed very chatty, which was good. Stayed long enough til DS got out of work and she had him follow her to the apartment and fix her computer and hook up the TV in her bedroom. It is OK, she brought me a large bottle of RC as she heard I was out and in "dire" need.

The Jeanna and Joe came over, had pizza with us. I haven't seen Joe since Christmas. He leaves in the morning going back to Kentucky for another week or two on railroad.

DH is still alive.

Melva, defiantely a need for cattle prod...the others are right...and high voltage on it would work wonders. I would NEVER EVER use it on a helpless animal!

Lee, I did my jig...sorry you missed it.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9046596

I am home, only had to listen to the speech 3 1/2 time. She had to have the speech filmed. I told her after it was over I thought about smiling at her-showing my one front tooth and showed her what I meant, she cracked up.
Oh I found out they have 2 huge rolls of bubble wrap, so I know where I can get some!!!

I have been looking for books for my Kindle and I found this one-"Paleo Breakfast Recipes 50 Delicious Caveman Diet Friendly Breakfasts" surprisingly the recipes looks good and the book is free.

Dianne HOW is H--l On Wheel

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 17, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9046607

Thanks Sandy...that was me with the "H.O.W" and I knew it soon as I read it. I am having some issues. lol
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9046617

Good evening, I have had a busy day, but it was sort of like spinning wheels. DS called and said that he and his SO were coming to spend some time with DGD. We had planned on going shopping, so we stayed here, and they stayed until about 3:00. I did take DGD to have her nails done, then we rested a bit, and went out to eat tonight. While they were visiting this morning, I mopped all the floors, 2 bathrooms and the kitchen/dining room and the entry way. Stripped 2 beds and threw the sheets in the washer. When we got in from eating, I remade the beds, so we will have clean fresh sheets tonight.

Bonnie I love the hair color. It is sort of similar to mine. Did you copy from me? hehe. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so you should be flattered that your DM likes your hair. I know that it irritates you, and it would me too. I thought the role of mother's was to support the children, and it makes no difference how old the children are. Seems like your DM lives to compete with you. Sending ((hugs)) to you.

Sandy, what a good neighbor you are to listen to a speech 31/2 times. But practice is important when you are preparing a speech. You can write it, and it seems long, but when you start to speak it, suddenly it gets short. Glad Andre is doing well without the collar. What do your yard men do? My yard man is my DH and he does as he pleases!

Debbie, Paul must be keeping you busy waiting on him. Gosh, guess he thinks that you owe him for taking care of you. That is the way men normally think.

Lee, wish you could have had my weather today. in the low 80's and lots of sunshine.

Elsie, now you need to work on getting a dryer for this winter. I like clothes hung outside in good weather, but you need one for the winter. While you are looking for shoes, will you shop around for me some? I wear a 7 1/2 medium, but they need to be deep enough to accommodate orthotics. Not a very easy find.

Tammy your apple crisp and deviled eggs sounded really good. Hope that everybody likes them, but hey you need to bring home a little of the apple crisp.

Melva, when will you be able to plant out your onions, and other things? Our last frost free date is May 10, but I bet my DH starts planting things way before that time. He did last year, then we got a ton of rain, beat the ground down, and he ended up having to plant everything over.

Dianne, here's hoping that you got to get out a bit today and go for a nice walk if the weather was decent. I have been wanting to go for a walk in the woods, but will carry a gun with me, as the coyotes are getting very bold. We see them in the daytime and that is just not natural. DH says it is their mating season, so that is why they are so active.

The weather here is threatening storms tonight. We have the thunder and lightening already, and Mr. B is firmly planted under my bed. Poor little guy, he is terrified of thunder. Dianne, hide Quill's eyes and don't let her read that about him. He would be so embarrased to have his favorite girl know that he is a cowherd in storms. He came to greet me when we came home from eating out, and right back under the bed he went. Maybe I can coax him out to snuggle with me in bed tonight. He will try to get as close as he can, and sometimes I think he is going to try to root in under me.

Well, need to check my email, and then I am heading to bed.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9046628

Debbie, glad you had some family for a visit. Are your eyes improving?

Sandy, that was so nice of you to listen to the speech.

BonnieB, you have tired me out. My Dad may try to hook up my dryer on the front porch. But I don't think a dryer will last long in the cold weather. My parents had a washer and dryer in the bathroom. I took the dryer out. The dryer was almost touching the toilet. Too tight for me. So I only have the washer. Every once in a while I would like a dryer. but I'm guessing I save a bit on electricity. I love clothes hung outside to dry. They smell so good.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 17, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9046654

My eyes are not improving. I was beginning to wonder if I am allergic to the drops, so called the eye doctor. Got reemed out for still wearing contacts too much...and not applying hot compresses enough. At least 10 minutes every 2 hours. It is nearly impossible.

And I swear, DH is eating us out of house and home. He is not using his crutches, which is OK, but he should on the stairs. Was funny...the kids were here, he had the crutches. Minute they were gone...crutches down and walking. Sigh.

I know he took very good care of me this last year...but honestly...that isn't what the issue is. He has a horrible attitude.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9046673

I have been spending a good deal of time watching the Decorah Eagle live cam. I keep the little 12" laptop tuned to the site. They also have a "Social Session" on the site where viewers can register and then post comments. I lurk mostly, but post now and then. When I joined the session tonight they were on someone for using "LOL", saying they had stopped using that. The person seemed like a newby and was sort of hurt by the comments. I piped up and posted, "What's the big deal about LOL? Why can't we accept everyone?" Someone responded to me, "greersfolly: we were over that 6 minutes ago. Let's move on." I responded, "So sorry. I just popped in. Kindness, please, kindness." and others on the session rushed to my defense. YAY!!!!!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012

Post #9046674

BonnieB the yard guys do what I ask them too. Tomorrow if they get here , they will work on building and planting a raised plant bed.

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2012
7:29 PM

Post #9046680

I am planning on putting most things in containers...

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9046740

BonnieB we have the same name, might as well have the same hair color. My house is ready for guests again, too. Margarita cleaned the casita today. At this point it is impossible for me to make a bed, run a vacuum or even stand in one spot for a long time without my back feeling like it is going to positively break in two right below my waist in back. Some days it also hurts when I walk long distances - I have to stop and bend forward to relieve the pressure. My DGD's enjoy manicure's, too. I shall never forget the time when Claire was very young and I said we could all get a design painted on our nail while getting a manicure - meaning a design on one nail on each hand. When I looked over at Claire she had ordered a design painted on all 10 fingernails. One hand was finished. (They only charged me for two nails. Thought it was hilarious)

Debbie, do take care of those beautiful, big, blue, eyes. Ignore the gorilla in the room. See, Shannon came home when she felt she had proved herself...and she came bearing a gift. RC is hard to find around here. How is the college boy doing? Sweet of Jeanna and Joe to share their precious time together with you. Those kids really love you, mom. It just dawned on me that H.O.W. must have carried that toy mouse outside.

Tammy you sure did pick crowd pleasing items to take to the party. Who doesn't like deviled eggs and apple crisp? Yummmmmm! I bet there were no leftovers to take home.

Elsie could dad build an enclosure for your dryer if you put it on the porch? Running a high watt light bulb in there could keep a small space a little warm and dry in cold damp weather.

Back to the eagles.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9046776

Bonnie your back sounds like you have a degenerating disc. I feel for you.

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 17, 2012
8:41 PM

Post #9046815

Sandy, what are you doing up this late? Did you get a nap in today?

That feeling across your back ...does it burn? Then shoot up the spine? Sounds like what mine feels like, I can't stand at the kitchen sink for long, it just hurts so bad. The walking makes it burn aross the back and around the hips.

I hope being at the beach helps you relax some...although I worry about the ride down and sitting so long. IS DM going to the beach house? I know the boys are going with you.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
9:17 PM

Post #9046851

No, no, no, Debbie, this is not the long trip. I am flying down. I am on the Rules & Regulations Committee for the condo association We have a meeting on Saturday morning which is the reason I am making a trip down there at this time. However, since I have to be there, I might as well make the most of it, eh? Two weeks at the beach seems like what the doctor ordered - by myself. Boys will be here with the pet sitter. They will come with me later this summer when Moe drives us down in my car. M & M will come for one week during that time.

The pain does not shoot up my spine, but it does burn and impedes my walk. It feel like my body is going to be cut right in two right at my waist. I have to stop and sit down until the pain leaves.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 17, 2012
9:32 PM

Post #9046860

This crazy cat of mine is sitting on the remains of the toy with the missing mouse and crying for it to work. Tell me why he cannot go find where he put it??? He knows where it is!!!!!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 17, 2012
9:59 PM

Post #9046869

LOL at HOW. What a terror he is Bonnie. A loveable one though. Glad you are getting away by yourself Bonnie, maybe you will be able to get some real rest without having anyone or anything or disturb you.

As I expected my guy slept most of the day. His left shoulder is really bothering him so I hope the Pal Care doc gets the results sooner rather than later. W did perk up when I made dinner - boiled dinner with corned beef and veggies. We always have corned beef on St Patrick's Day and I wasn't going to let the tradition fall by the wayside. He enjoyed what he could eat of it so that made the extra trip this morning into the village really worthwhile.

Was able to work outside this afternoon in shorts and a sleeveless Tee - it was wonderful. I carried out a chair and W was able to bask in the sun for awhile. After he had a little nap in the sun I walked him around to see what was sprouting in the flower gardens. He kept saying "I wasn't supposed to be here to see this - this is wonderful."

Lee ,your afternoon of snuggling with Maddie sounded great. I looked today on Kijiji and there was an 8 mon old German Shepherd that needed to be rehomed. I was soooo tempted but reality clicked in. I just don't have the time right now that the wee darlin needs. Her colouring was very much like Maddie's. Sure hope she gets a new home soon.

Tam I am going to try out the recipe this week. I will probably have to add a touch of sugar to satisfy W's tastebuds. Just happen to have some bananas here.

Elsie do you have a clothesline in your yard or some other device to hang your clother on to dry?

Take care of yourself Debbie! Don't put everyone else first please.

Dogs need out = chat time with the coyotes. I don't blame you BonnieB being armed while walking. There are certain times of the year here I do the same. Some of our coyotes have been quite oversized the last couple of years. The Ministry of Natural Resources think they are a wolf x.

Dianne

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 18, 2012
3:31 AM

Post #9046966

Good morning. I am on morning eagle watch. It is always fun to watch the first exchange of the day. Still too early for dad to come down off branch where he roosts at night protecting mom and eggs. Mom just awoke, preening, stretching, rolling her eggs, doing her shimmy down over them, and going back to sleep. This gal really likes her beauty sleep.

I found the black mouse for Stetson's toy a few minutes ago. It was under the sofa. Margarita didn't look under there!!!!!! I had to get down on the floor with a flash light to look under there. Of course, my two assistants were right on top of me looking also.

(((((Dianne))))) what a poignant moment to hear W say he wasn't supposed to be there to see those flowers. You are doing such a wonderful job of caring for him. So happy he enjoyed your corned beef. I cooked mine yesterday. Put it in the crock pot late last night. This morning it is so tender and juicy. I am thinking of corned beef, biscuits and eggs for breakfast this morning.

I think I need my tea about now.

BBL,
Bonnie

This message was edited Mar 18, 2012 4:34 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2012
4:02 AM

Post #9046974

Good morning everyone

Debbie I am usually up that late, working on other things. Problem is I always wake up way to early also.
This morning is was because of the Owl calling out side.
I did read to late last night so I feel it this morning.

I found Andre's AKC papers and his birthday is March 21's and he will be 7 years old. I can not believe that it has been that long and I have not killed him yet. LOL

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 18, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9047018

Morning!

I am such a slug. Was so tired yesterday. Don't know why as I got plenty of sleep.

The weather here is beautiful and will be. The last week of the month looks like we will be in the 50's which I will gladly take.

Dianne I teared up when you talked about W's day outside. It's your love for each other that is helping work that miracle. Wish you could of gotten that pup but understand the time is not right. Hope today is nice and you have another wonderful day!

Have to go and make breakfast! Sausage gravy and biscuits.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 18, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9047021

Vicki - TGIS!!!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9047053

WOW -- thought things were quite quiet... when i was reading the other day... I never finished, got interrupted by DH and closed the laptop... never did see Tammy's new thread link...

Vicki -- I too welled up when reading W's comment about the day.

Holy Cow... certainly hope everyone is feeling better soon... feet, eyes, back... spring is upon us... have to be fit as a fiddle to get working in the yard...

brb, hear glass breaking...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9047062

Good morning, have had coffee read the paper, and now ready to head out to church. Have a roast and potatoes in the oven, so just a side will finish up lunch.

It is beautiful here, so hoping that I have an outside afternoon.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9047073

Checking the forecast... looks like 3 more 80 days... then mid-50s and rain. We do need the rain, I was hoping for some over night and didn't get any.

I need to transplant some huge clumps of monarda and was hoping for mother natures help with the watering.

A 'double walled' glass fell over in the sink... Kids -- they'll never learn. The thing was about 10" tall and bottom heavy, it got bumped, fell over and broke - thankfully in big pieces instead of shattering.

BonnieB -- weather depending I"ll be heading to Wisc on Easter Sunday to open the office the next day on Monday. If the weather is crap, i'll wait til it clears a bit.
once the water in the Park is turned on, folks start filtering in, so the office should be open... probably 4 hrs a day... I'll probably do 10-2.

DH and I are heading up on Thursday [I'd like to go Wed] -- have to get our Dues Mailing out, which includes our Newsletter -- providing the Mgr has it all printed, it's a lot of collating and stuffing envelopes.
I do it all from home, and email the Mgr to start printing [I'm not there to watch him -- which sometimes he needs] so I hope it's getting done.
He also sent me an email after we got home from our trip - asking me when we were coming up... has a bit of a laundry list of things for me to do, like the bank statements since Feb that he never did.
So -- I"ll be busy a few days, then home for 2 weeks before i turn around and go back for the start of my "summer".

~~ looking out the window... another beautiful blue sky day.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 18, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9047080

Hi everyone! I had a quiet week-end with the kids gone. They went out to visit Petre's sister again...so I had time to rest and do some things I couldn't do with the little one around.
I've started tomatoes and sweet peppers, some hot too, and some flowers : petunia, viola, portulaca and blue columbines from Tam.
Weather is great so warm in the 60s, hopefully the snow will melt more. I still had to shovel and dug out the hycinths yesterday, then trimmed the mums. I also have to trim the thuja which I will make as a hedge because it's been very damaged under so much snow. Also, had to pick up some "presents" the doggies left in the garden while they could get inside...not anymore, the drifts are shrinking day by day!
I also had a cold but it's better now, just coughing a bit.
Thanks for the compliments about my article, I'm glad you liked it.

Dianne, sending more hugs and prayers for Warren and you. Glad he could eat the beef.

Bonnie, the color of your hair is very well on you! I like the toys, so cute! Take care with the pain and rest more.

Elsie, congrats for the washing machine! I'm glad it works so well!

Tam thanks for starting a new thread! Your help is too cute! I also hope you don't come up with somehting, take care. The apple crisp, aaaah!

Sandy, glad the finger is healing well.

Vicki, how are you today? Feeling more rested?

BonnieB, I'm tired after reading all the cleaning you did !LOL I hope you get some rest today.

Terese, who broke the glass?

Melva, feel better soon!

Posting some pics with the doggies.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 18, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9047132

Oh Adina they look to be so gentle with Nicolas! Glad you had a nice weekend. Sometimes they are few and far between. HAve to get my tomatoes started. Would like some nice plants to put outdoors this year.

Debbie there are lots of woods around my place to hide things! LOL Sometimes thoughts like those make us feel better.

BonnieB sorry you didn't get to go shopping but I see you made other plans to go. How is the gh working out since DH is now fishing?

Bonnie sorry you are having so much pain and other things going on. But you did find the mouse! Hair looks really goood. Am looking forward to seeing more pictures of it. Well you actually!

Elsie sounds like you are having a jolly good time with the new washer.

Tam I need to make an apple crisp one of these days.

The house smells so good. Made rolo turtles for DH. I will have a few. Breakfast was a hit. Then made banana bread in muffin tins and the windows are open and the house smells so good!

There are banana muffins on the table help yourself. I need to get out side and do a few things. I have until 11 before I rest before work.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 18, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9047174

Great pics Adina!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9047230

Good Morning!

I just disappeared my post by hanging my palm too close to the touch pad. Arg!

Quick recap - Freddies under the weather again. Looks like he never got over the infection (or he got in another scrape). This time its on the back side of his ear. I made a hot compress w/epsom salts and got it draining. If he doesn't feel better tomorrow, he's going to the vet again. Poor guy.

Bonnie - love the new color!

The apple crisp & eggs were big hits. I used 3lbs of apples and a stick of butter. And brought home 2 servings. The eggs a hit too - but I had forgotten to tell my hostess that I was bringing them so she had soup for us too. So we ate the eggs lightly and everyone got to take home a few for later. :-)

I'm making my healthy chocolate cake next. I finished my taxes - they are eFiled & printed. I am amazed at how much I had to pay this year. But that's why I get for selling some old stock and getting the state rebate of part of the solar panel installation. Both pushed me into a higher tax bracket. I guess really a good problem. :-)

BBL
Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 18, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9047296

Dianne I am leaky faced too from reading Warren's comment...I always have you both in my thoughts..does Warren know he has a cheering section in all of us? Give him a gentle hug from me, please.
Corky came in last night with a dirty butt...he might need a bath today..hope not..not sure how I would manage it...last time he was bathed I was able to use the sink, he is too big fo that now...he will be 4 years old this Saturday, the 24th. I made his birthday the same as mine so I would not forget it.
The roses have started their show...seven of them are blooming now and lots more are 'fixing to bloom'
We are supposed to have a lot of rain Monday and Tuesday that will help them along. I need to move seedlings into protected spots too much rain will drown some of them.
Going to use Phil's camera to take some pictures...wish me luck.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2012 10:47 AM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 18, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9047303

Was just hoping for pictures Melva!

Took a couple myself while I was outside.

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9047326

Everybody love the cute doggie pics. Looks like they are enjoying the beginning of spring. May go out and take a few of my blooms later this afternoon.

Have to take DGD home, but that will be later in the afternoon.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9047333

Time got away from me. I was gonna make that cake before lunch and when I put it in the oven it was almost 1pm! But its done and I will have it for a little over a full weeks' worth of desserts. The sun has emerged so, I am done with my taxes and so I'm heading out to sow some seeds, do a little pruning and maybe even plant some garlic someone gave me.

Love the picture of Ty - he's got such a sweet face!

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 18, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9047385

This is Mutabilis and the picture is from a couple of years ago.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.142594
Harrisons Yellow..couldn't find my picture..
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.177641
Archduke Charles
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.142595
Smiths Parish
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.31163
Noella Nabbonand
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.31163

I am going to try to take some more
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9047394

Bonnie, I hope your back improves. It sounds like my back pain. Can you re-attach the mouse?

Dianne, big hugs for you and Warren. I'm glad the weather is mild so Warren can enjoy it.

Tammy, poor Fred. I hope he's okay. I wonder if you can put bacitracin on it.

Vicki, beautiful garden shot. And Ty - he's such handsome guy.

Lee, how are you two doing?

Adina, enjoy your time alone. Love the pictures!!

I have gotten not a lot done today. I have had a nap. I think a load of laundry. Then I have to block my new scarf. I just don't know where I will put it to dry.

Dianne, I don't have a clothes line. On my front porch I have long nails in the roof rafters. I hang laundry on hangers on the nails. I also hang them on the shower rod.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 18, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9047578

I have some plants coming this week...two clematis, Josephine and Rebecca (a red) black raspberry plant...coreopsis, and a red buttterfly bush...oh! and a coneflower it is called Marmalade and it is gorgeous!
http://www.greatgardenplants.com/index.php?pageId=939

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9047676

Well I'm channeling Melva today & am propagating my favorite shrub - a deutzia called Magician. Its probably not the right time of year but I pruned it and decided to take a bunch of cuttings from the pruned material.

Well... I got a lot done (but a tiny amount compared to all that's needing to be done!) I cut down the old peony folliage, reset the stakes, pruned two shrubs & a tree and did some weeding. I also got the rest of my tomato & pepper seeds sowed. I have to look up some that Adina sent me. :-)

Dinner is cooking - delmonico steak w/broccoli & green beans. Yum!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 18, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9047682

Tam, we had delmonico steak with baked potato and applesauce, DH also had corn. Wish I could have my broccoli or brussel sprouts. Soon.

Just came in from an outting with Izzy. Strange as it is...I have leaves on my lilacs. NEVER get them before 1st of May.
I took DS back to college, 2 hours up...hour of shopping...and 2 hours back. Will be honest, the time alone in the car was enjoyable. Stopped at Country Max and wanted a little gray bunny so bad, but got the weeks supply of cat food and left. Came in at 5:15, and DH was eating dinner at 6:00. So no stopping all day.

Will catch up more later.

Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9047696

Debbie -- yanno what's really strange in my flower beds... ?

my Buddlejas never lost all of their leaves... had them all winter.
I have two, a Black Knight and a pink one -- dont recall if i ever knew the name...

but - can't trim them back since they still have leaves... most bizarre.

**typo

This message was edited Mar 18, 2012 4:41 PM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9047722

The yard guys build the first raised flower bed but we decided that we wanted it deeper so no plants in it till next month. A lot of my potted bushes are now in the ground. Yard is getting there.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre who is tired out from helping. LOL

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9047736

Debbie - my DH is making mashed potatoes to go with his steak. I made him some gravy. Do you have a feel for when they'll get you off the warfarin?

Terese - you could still prune those buddleya's back, even if in leaf.

Well.. dinner was good but I was starvin' so I kinda inhaled it. I'll have some cake later. :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 18, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9047760

Tammy, he told me May 1st I could stop it. BUT...whats a month right, if I made it April 1st? I don't go back and see him til August for a follow up. I am active and doing everything needed. He said I could "technically" have gone off of it when I saw him end of February, but with me he wanted to "error on the side of caution as I am not a text book case". I feel so special.

I did the same thing with dinner, kind of inhaled it.

Today is my SIL Andys birthday...and he got a very special present doing chores this morning.
Meet "AJ" aka Andy Jr. LOL That is one BIG baby...just a couple hours old in that picture.

The one below was born last week and is a week old today. He had to move AJ and mom into the barn and get them cleaned up, it wasn't supposed to be a "field delivery".

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9047769

what an adorable calf Debbie... just wanna scratch his chin...and let him suck on my hand... such a neat sensation, til they get little teeth. ;-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 18, 2012
4:59 PM

Post #9047790

The one on the right is definately adorable. Andy said the one on the left, born today, is huge. And has a longer hair/coat like its mom. He is worried it might get sick as it was raining and born in the mud/muck. SO he is in the barn, warm and cozy with the Mom on a clean bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9047794

Oh I agree! He's a cutie for sure.

I managed to burn a finger. Left the spatula leaning against the hot pan and melted the plastic. When I picked up the spatula, the melted plastic coated my finger and burned it before I could get it off again. owie.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9047807

Tam sorry for your burn

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9047845

Oooo, ouch Tam. Burns are one thing that i find so painful.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9047924

Debbie, those calves are adorable. The one with Andy does look big. I'm enjoying seeing the lambs and calves on the way to work.

Tammy, if you have white toothpaste - try putting some on your burn.

It was a beautiful day today. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow too. I have the day off so I may do more of nothing. Or I may try to find a new kitchen trash can. I can't believe it's been so hard to find one. Oh yeah I'm going to buy some shoes tomorrow.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9047963

Melva, loved your rose pictures. You must have a beautiful yard. Could you take a picture of it, and what is blooming in it?

Debbie what a precious sight. We noticed Friday driving through the country that there were twin calves, looked to be newborn, mamma was laying down, and we supposed that she was giving birth to the 3rd. Wish I had noticed exactly where we were so I could go back and check on that.

By the time I took DGD home, and drove back home, it was about 4:00. Sat and rested a bit, then helped DH with some project. That has been the sum of my day. Tomorrow, I have to set aside some time to do some paper work. It seems like it appears overnight.

Tam, ouch, on the burned finger. You will find that it is probably one that you use for everything tomorrow. Put some white toothpaste on it, I think it coats it and provides a barrier so that air doesn't penetrate it and cause the pain. When air is cut off to a burn, it ceases to burn. Odd isn't it? My deceased FIL was a person who could remove fire from burns. He was supposed to pass it on to a girl in the family, but he was killed in an accident before he did that. He took the fire out of a bad burn for me years ago, and I can attest to the validity of it. It is not some mumbo jumbo. All he did, and I only remembered it after I was relieved of the pain was to put his thumb and first finger in his mouth, then touched the burn with those fingers. I was reluctant to have him do it, but he went all around the burned area, touching it lightly, and instantly the burn was gone. Didn't leave a scar or anything. At the time I didn't know of his "gift" but DH told me about it later.

Terese, many things around here never did go dormant. I think that is why we are seeing so many early blooms on things. My Bradford pear trees are all in full bloom, daffidoils, hyacinths, another little woodland flower that I can't remember the name of, and other trees have buds on them. Around here we have many redbud and dogwood trees in the wild, and I noticed today that the redbuds are beginning to show color.

Sandy was the bed not deep enough? How many landscape timbers high did you make it? If you are going to have it done, might as well do it right the first time.

Tammy have you had any luck with starting woody plants from cuttings? I have tried several times, and I have never gotten one to root. If you have a foolproof method of doing that I would sure love to know how it is done.

Bonnie, how are you feeling today? Have you had the back pain before? My DM had osteoporosis in her spine, and when the vertabrae would break, it would cause her pain. She didn't know what was going on until she was put in the hospital (for another reason) and they did an MRI and found that. I sure hope that is not what you are experiencing. ((hugs)) to you.

Dianne, so glad to hear that Warren got to go out and experience the good weather. I too got teary eyed about his statement about not supposed to be around to see the spring. A good opportunity to witness to him, if you are so inclined, only God performs miracles like that. In addition your good nursing skills haven't hurt the situation either.

Vicki, I suppose that you are still in your work week. I never can keep up with your schedule. I am so glad I am retired,and I don't have to think about the meetings that are scheduled for the next day. Feels good not to have to be up and dressed and out the door, some mornings before it was even daylight. Since I retired, I never schedule anything for early morning! A real luxury.

Well, gonna check my email and head off to bed. Just corraled Mr. B and put ear drops in his ears. He has been shaking his head all day. He gets allergies in the spring, and I suppose this is the start of that. I always keep the ear drops on hand, and usually about 3 days worth of it, and it is cleared up. While he is ticked at me, might even go ahead and give him his monthly flea and heart worm meds. Really pi** him off all at once.

Good night.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9047979

Tam place honey on the wound and cover with a bandaid, honey is great for burns

BonnieB I was only able to get 12 landscape timbers this month. But we decided it would not be deep enough because of the roots of the dead tree trunk, that is in the center of the bed. Going to grow vines on it. Going to get 12 more to raise that bed to 6 high. the other bed that will be attached to the end of this one, will be shorter, only 4 high. So will need a total of 24 timbers. And more soil. Lots of more soil!!!
But it is already looking better

Going to call it a night.

Good night everyone

Sandy and andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9048035

speaking of ticks... Pulled one off Bud today... it was still very small, didnt look like it had been attached long.
Time to get the tick and flea stuff on... boy he hates that.

getting ready for bed...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #9048270

Good morning everyone. Been up sense 5am but been busy. Andre and I just get back from a 2 mile run.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9048304

Good Morning.

BonnieB - I've started a few things from cuttings but in the fall. This is the first time I'm trying in the spring. Will let you know how it works.

Thanks for all the advice on the burn. My finger tip hurts a little but not all that bad. So it wasn't a bad burn.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9048333

Good morning, beautiful day here, but I have to deal with paper first!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 19, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9048366

Lovely Monday morning...NOT! So far we have a mssing cat we can't find anywhere and are terrified she got out (Lexi) and
I bust my lip open big time with a flashlight.

We have both combed over every inch of this house and can't find her. She is all black and very shy, hates it outside...so praying she isn't out there. Yet, if she is in the house she isn't letting on!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9048391

Morning! Breakfast will be leftovers from yesterday. One less thing to do today! LOL

Ty got his flea and tick meds last week already. He hates it also. So right after I did it we went outside. He almost immediately dropped and rolled. Did some sniffing and dropped and rolled in some leftover snow. For awhile he kept doing that. Was so funny to watch. But after he did all that he was fine.

Tam glad it was not a bad burn. Very lucky.

Sandy that raised bed sounds so neat. Some day I will splurge and do that. Where do you get your soil for it? Run that boy run him!

BonnieB I have a couple of checks to write out also. But might get outside and get some fresh pussywillows. The ones I have in the house are 2 years old. I see lots of them along the wet fenceline. I hear the geese! My days off almost always are monday and tuesday. Hardly ever changes.

Speaking of work. I never told you guys on friday night it started storming just when we closed. The city sirens were going off. Got some heavy rain and some lightning. Not much for boomers. On the way home thankfully it was a short stretch only! It started raining real hard I could tell my tires weren't connecting real good and it was so dark I couldn't tell my headlights were on. Not something I want to experience again real soon. Got past that spot and things were dryer.

Better go and do what I need to do!

Will be back.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9048393

Deb we crossed! Lexi come out come out whever you are! I mean this seriously! Right now you are scaring mom!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9048397

Debbie -- hope you find Lexi.

I always get nervous when i can't find one of the kitties - and we only have 2

Nice morning here... i'm hoping for rain, but it's been missing us each time. we are so dry.
checked the weather... it's going to be warmer than i reported the other day... no 50's
70's thru the week, then into the 60;s.

I was reading on FB that folks around me have been turning on their AIR... it's been that warm,
but i'm not willing to turn it on... even though the house has been 78-81degrees
the other night i thought i was gonna over heat... 3 showers that day.

nuff whining...

have to get going about the day...

OH -- found a bunch of sliced apples and chopped rhubarb in the basement freezer...

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9048404

What you going to make Terese?

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9048498

thinking a cobbler of sorts...

but -- since i really can't eat that sort of 'stuff' -- when i bake, i do it while at the Park and take it to the guys who do 'coffee clutch'
DH says they all sit and 'solve the problems of the world' -- and I swear, most the guys are worse gossips than the women of the Park.
So -- I'll probably do it next month... I had just forgotten that it was all there.

One old timer in the Park is a farmer... guess he has a lot of apple trees and always is handing out bags of apples in the Fall.

The Rhubarb is mine... and one of my plants have leaf'ed out already... so i'll have MORE in a few months.

Lexi been found yet??

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012

Post #9048503

No! Debbie posted on FB also.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 19, 2012

Post #9048506

We JUST found the brat! Hiding in our closet under DH's bathrobe hanging on the back of the door. She is fine. Doesn't understand what our problem is!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9048508

Cage her!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9048517

YAY.

we found out this morning, that Lucky [ the hellion] has learned to open the screen door... DH found it open and he was in the back yard.
...and he's the one that still climbs the chain link fence... so he can not be out unsupervised.

so now... i can't keep windows open more than 2" -- i'm hoping this was a one time thing... because i'd hate it if i can't keep the slider open.

the rascal...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9048542

Vicki I bough the soil at Home Depot they have a sale going on right now 98 cent a bag, plus we emptied soil out of old pots. Just went and get 15 more bags and a water lily,it might be blue but the leaves are red so I will be happy with any color.

Andre is being good and all the other animals are taking up the slack!!! LOL

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #9048556

Sandy we don't have a Home Depot. Menards won't let another company come in. They threaten too move out if they do. Menards employs lots of people here and they are based from here.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 19, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9048615

Wow! It's really interesting to read the chain after everyone else...I've gone through a whole panic about Lexi missing...to relief she was found in the span of less than a minute.

I need another cup of coffee...I'm all worn out.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 19, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9048644

Lee, she scared me. Our new "front door" doesn't latch right and we were both afraid she somehow snuck out (or the dog let her out). Even went to neighbors to see if they had seen her...and...my mistake, called the Vets office (two of them) to let them know. Now I will be getting a TON of calls for long haired black cats. Told them we found her...but I know how that works! lol

Now if my lip would stop throbbing...its a beauty.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 19, 2012
9:10 AM

Post #9048653

Are you icing it?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9048678

Glad that Lexi is found and okay.

Finished all my paperwork, so now I can go out and play

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 19, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #9048684

Yep, have ice on it. Do not drop a metal flashlight on your face.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 19, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9048718

I hate posting 5 pictures! What a waste of space and time. Will go back to no more than 3.

LOL Lee!

Deb so happy she is found.

Greenish pussy willows.

Ty hiding

New bouquet

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9048869

We are supposed to get a lot of rain and Graham was outside...so I went and retrieved him...he did not want to come back inside but I figured now was better than tonight when it will be raining...it will be too cool for him tonight too...
http://www.wfaa.com/weather
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9048875

I ordered some more plants...is there no end to this??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260972026199?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
this one too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380417292299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
look at this!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380417292299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
had to have this Columbine too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260971298993?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 12:49 PM

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 12:52 PM

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 12:54 PM
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 19, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9048893

Hurrah Lexie is found. My heart was in my mouth when I read she was missing. Our 2 are only allowed out on the deck but we have to be with them. Sassy the perfect, sweet little girl seems to like taking a header off of the second story deck. Scares the heck out of the 2 of us but doesn't seem to bother her at all.

Love pussywillows Vicki - ours are no where near ready. The ice is starting to come out of the lake but has a long ways to go before our bay is open. We are the last area on the lack to have the ice go.

Worked outside this morning while a friend came and spent some time with DH. I am sure it was wonderful for both of us!!! The guys played cribbage which I think is good for W as it keeps him concentrating on something.

Melva, exactly how do you get Graham to come inside? I've always wondered that. Its not as if he is a small turtle or a dog or even a wiley cat.

Debbie sending peaceful, calming thoughts your way. How many more weeks does DH have to stay home?

Going to go out and work a bit more. I have lots to do - the garden was completly neglected last summer so needs a double shot this Spring.

First Day of Spring tomorrow! woooo Hoooo! I always thought it was the 21 st but the newsguys keep saying tomorrow. Perfect summer day for the start of Spring.

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9048918

Spring what is spring? I think it lasted all of 15 minutes down here, we are in full blown SUMMER!!!
Way to hot!!

Dianne glad you get a relief day

sandy and andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 19, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9048924

LOL SAndy! I hope this doesn't mean your summer will be cool.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9048933

I would love a cool summer, but looks like we will be in the triple digit temps soon

S and A
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
12:38 PM

Post #9048934

We have to pick Graham up and tote him inside...when he gets too big to do that...not sure how we will handle it.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9048979

Melva, all of them are pretty. When they get going, I may try to bum some seeds from you. I have the purple and a black one. The black is very striking.

Did some weeding, and DH mowed the yard and used the weed eater, just about ready to have supper.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9049051

Bonnie do you mean the coneflowers?
I am getting ready to prepare the snapper for dinner...going to have green salad and a mix of frozen vegetables that have a gingery sauce...I was able to divide the frozen fish into 2 pieces so I should have leftovers for tomorrow. They had rainbow trout on special at the store but a woman came and bought it all...over $250.00 worth of fish! I wanted some too!
So far the weather is holding..but there is a line of thunderstorms approaching from the West.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260971298993?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9049084

Debbie, glad you found Lexi. I wonder if the company yesterday made her hide. I am pretty sure the RX for your lip is an ice pop. I wonder if the pharmacy would deliver?

Terese - the cat guy on Animal Planet says if you put some of the fence tilted down a cat won't even try climbing. I am sure Lucky would disprove that.

Vicki, love the photos - Ty is just so cute. Interesting about Menards. When HD moved in all the smaller hardware stores closed up. And that is where you could get some help. When I am at HD or Lowes I feel like I would have a better chance of a good response at Fashion Bug.

Sandy, it sounds like you are making great progress with the raised bed. How big is it?

Tammy, I hope you get out to enjoy this lovely weather.

Dianne, that's great to spend the nice day outside.

Still no kitchen trash can. Maybe I need to check on Sears and HD. I did pick up a new pair of long kitchen tongs. I need really long arms to get the stuff out of the new washer. The tub doesn't spin around so I can get to the stuff on the far side. I have to strain to get a sock off the bottom of the washer on the near side. Over the agitator - no way. I got the soft sided tongs so I don't scratch the tub.

It's another beautiful day here. I wish I were up to some yard work. Later in the week it's supposed to get up to 78.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 19, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9049170

Hi everyone. Everything pretty stable around here, though DM has run into some type of serious sounding snafu at the AARP tax preparers place. I could not truly understand the problem, she was describing over the phone, so I asked her to call me when she got home so I could go over and talk with her in person. I was out with Connie and Jo. What I heard was,"...?" bank A did not transfer the account over to bank B like they should have. Over $200 per month of bills have gone unpaid (what bills??? I have no idea) for years." How could this go one without someone sending notice of an unpaid bill? As I said, I will go over there and see what's going on. She found out she could not get $35K cash from her life insurance policy. I knew that but let her find out for herself. She also found out that she could not claim money she pays to Monique as a income tax deduction. I knew that, too, but let the tax preparer tell her that. See, I avoided two confrontations by keeping my mouth shut. Am I learning or what?
The boys are back from the vet. They look mighty nice all combed out. Everybody checked out a-OK on their physical exam. Waiting for results of routine Senior Profile - blood & urine - on Swiper. He is still sleeping off the effects of a little gas given so they could use the electric clippers on him to remove some mats. He goes berserk if he even hears the sound of those clippers so he has to have a little gas to be groomed.

Dianne I am amazed at W's spirit. The fact that he will play games is amazing to me. My DH shut down totally when he was battling cancer. I know those hours in the yard lightened your mind and spirit. I hope you can get outside more.

Debbie i have almost, and I say almost, gotten to the point where I do not panic over a missing cat anymore because, honestly, not one time has the dang cat really been missing! It is always casually lounging somewhere safe and comfy watching me run back and forth growing more and more anxious by the minute. Glad Lexie is safe.

Elsie the clothes washer at the shores condo is too deep for me, too. I have a hard time reaching item that are stuck to the bottom of the drum. Thanks for the tip of buying a pair of tongs to use in the laundry room.

Falling asleep here. Need a power nap.

BBL,
Bonnie
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9049185

I am shutting the computer down for a while.
http://www.wfaa.com/weather/radar?radar=64242082&img=5&c=y

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9049186

Elsie it is 8 x 8 feet and the next one will also be 8 x 8, that way we do not have to cut the tempers. LOL

It has been one of those day. Have been to the grocery store 3 times to day. I wish I could find where I put my brain, if I could find it maybe I can remember where I put other things and remember what I went to the store for!!!1

S and a

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9049202

Oh Bonnie ... i forgot to comment yesterday... I think time at the Shores condo - for some a lone time will be just what any DR orders... just sitting and watching the ocean, or going for walks... sounds like some fabulous time. I'd be envious...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9049210

I was talking to my mom a lil bit ago...

we've been low 80's for about a week, she is in Southern AZ and has a high of 46 today!! Brrrrrr

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9049243

Hello

Well the crud stalking me finally caught me. I worked 'til about 3:00 and just didn't feel up to it any more. I sent my boss an email and crawled into bed for a nap. Its not horrible horrible (like Bonnie's crud) but sore throat, runny nose, a cough and general feeling of not being well. It was a glorious day here too. :-(

Bonnie - You'll have to take us some pictures of your handsome and well groomed fella's. And pat yourself on your back for me too. You are wising up on handling your DM.

Debbie - glad you found Lexie safe & sound. We have come to the same place as Bonnie on our missing kitties. We'll just take the place apart, three times over and no cat. As soon as we give up, out comes the missing kitty. Its gotten to be a challenge just to find their hidey hole. And what is it with dropping stuff on body parts with this crew anyway? Ice cream sounds appropriate to me. :-)

Vicki - that drive home sounds scarey! Ty is such a good boy, taking his meds and getting over his irritation so quickly. :-) I would think you could call up a landscaper to get soil, or just have your DH move some for you. So interesting about Menards.

Terese - do you pack up a cooler for such items as those frozen apples & rhubarb?

Loretta - I'm sorry but I got quite a chuckle at the visual of you pulling socks out of the back of the washer with those tongs.

Melva - that must have been some sale for someone to buy it all up! That or they are having a huge fish fry like BonnieB does. How much does Graham weigh now? Or how big is he?

BonnieB - you are earlier than we are with the mowing. I bet I've got another week before its needed here.

Lee - I hope you had a good day after you calmed down from all the drama here this morning. :-)

Dianne - I'm glad you are getting outside. Its so soothing to ones soul to be outside.

Tam
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 19, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9049245

Debbie, am modifying our bubble wrap suit design to include face mask.

Hey Tammy - we cross posted so am adding...Hey Tammy!

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 3:01 PM

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
4:06 PM

Post #9049252

Quoting:
Terese - do you pack up a cooler for such items as those frozen apples & rhubarb?

Tam -- it's only a 2.5hr drive, but generally I pack up some times -- sometimes enough food to get us thru a day
but yes, i'll put those freeze packs in them... but sometimes if it's enough frozen stuff, i dont need the freezer packs - the fruit is in ziplocs bigger than the ice packs... so they should do the trick for the ride up.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9049308

Bonnie, I'm sure you can sympathize with the tax person. I hope you can figure out what DM did. Hope the boys tests come back okay. I have a rather long set of barbeque tongs. I've been using them to reach for things for quite a while. I have one of those grabber things but it fell apart. I know this may be a stupid question but is it okay for you to fly with your leg problem?

Tammy, I hope you have some of your chicken soup to get you better. Feel better!!

I think I'm going to watch some TV and knit.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9049312

Graham is about 12 pounds...
Cooked the fish..it was good but I wwould still prefer steak!
We just never get fresh fish around here so don't think the price was really a factor...the store is flying in fresh fish every Friday...this week they are going to have Tuna steaks, going to get some and grill them outside.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9049315

Tammy sorry you got the viral crud..what helped me was the liquid Theraflu it has a warming effect and was very nice.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9049357

thanks Loretta & Melva. I pulled some chicken noodle soup out of the freezer so I'll have it for tomorrow. I had frozen yogurt to help soothe my throat. You know - medicinal purposes only. :-)

I soaked Freddie's ear with some Epsom salts tonight. He is feeling better today but seems to have another bump where he had the first abscess. It wasn't ready to open & drain though - I soaked it for quite a while too.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 19, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9049369

Tam was readying and waiting to hear on Freddie. I think part of the reason Lexi was hiding was Huck & Daisy have it in for her. Poor baby! I wrapped her up in a blanket and tried having some cuddle time...she "growled" at me the entire thing. Sadly, that is funny to me because she sounds like a baby lamb. She just grumbles non stop about everything...sounding like a lamb.

If we were not having trouble with the front door latching (screen/storm) I wouldn't have gone on the massive hunt. BUT I was in and out several times late last night running the garbage out to the curb and was afraid she got out. She ALWAYS escorts me down to the bathroom at night...and I didn't see her since 6:00 last night.

The pop cicle helped...ready for another already. DH wants a dish of ice cream while he is "Dancing" trance.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9049427

Well I'm just glad she's safe Debbie.

I'm off to read for a while. I need to start a new book. Or maybe just read a magazine a bit and go to sleep as early as I can.

Good night everyone
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9049446

Tam good night

I think I am going to find something to read also

good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9049462

Good evening. I guess it was a productive day, but gosh, I hate dealing with the paper work, paying bills, balancing check books, etc. I have a long "to do" list for tomorrow, but it mostly consists of telephone calls that I need to make.

That front bed that I have been working on weeding, is finally gotten to me. It seems the more I pull the more that come. I am going to catch DH gone, and I am using the Roundup on it. One of my friends sells daylilies and she uses Treflan as a herbicide and swears that it is better than Preen. I think I waited to long to use the Preen this year, but who knew that summer would come so soon?

I need to take some pictures tomorrow. My Bradford pear trees are in full bloom, a weeping cherry, my daffidils and I have many kinds of them. Noticed my peonies are up about 6 inches.

Tammy, I sure hope that you can get something to take and knock the crud for a loop before it gets started.

Melva, Don't know what I was thinking, it is the columbine that I have that is black. I don't have any coneflowers at all. Gosh Graham is a hefty fella isn't he? I forgot what kind of turtle he is. Here the only kind of turtles we have are the snappers, and I am NOT carrying one of them outside. I guess we are so lucky that we have fresh fish all the time. My DH fishes, and we have pan fish, bass, crappie, bluegill, and catfish.

Bonnie, see, if you just keep quiet, DM will find out these things, and she will be mad a whoever told her about it, and not you. Glad the boys are groomed and home, bet they look spiffy.

Vicki, your DH has that bulldozer, so it shouldn't be a problem getting dirt moved. Grin, I sort of want to borrow it for a day here! Now that is a pretty picture in my mind.

Lee, don't get too upset with what is going on with this group. Although banged up, we seem to always land on our feet, and heal.

Debbie, glad that Lexi was found safe and sound. Miss Boots used to do that to me. She would disappear, and I couldn't find her. Finally discovered that she had torn a hole in the box springs, and would crawl inside to take a nap. I patched that hole, and put some plastic on it, and she couldn't get it torn.

Dianne, I hope you had another good day weather wise, and that you were able to get Warren outside for some fresh air.

Terese, think that whoever recommended the bent fence, it has to be bent over at the top, toward the yard, where he would be climbing. I don't know if that works, but it would be worth a try. Good find in the freezer. I have one that if I did some diving, I probably could come up with some goodies too.

Elsie, the visual of you with the tongs made me chuckle, but if it works, who am I to say it is sort of unorthodox. A rake would work too! Hey, I have seen those children's toy rakes, and they may just b something you could use. I have a little trouble getting things out of the washer, have to stand on tiptoe, and lean waaaaay in. Hope DH doesn't find me one day, head first in the washer needing to be rescued!

Well, I am going to read until time to go to bed. May take a book and go to bed and it won't be long before I fall asleep.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9049468

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can grow between my fence and the trees as a screen? Bamboo or a tall grass?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9049477

Elsie, be careful of the bamboo. Most of it is invasive, and if not planted in containers set into the ground, it will take over the whole yard. I would opt for some tall ornamental grass, but it will take a few years for it to fill in if you want it to be solid. Or consider some medium/tall shrubs. Some blooming ones would give you some color and some privacy. Things like a mock orange, or a sand cherry, viburnum, flowering quince, etc. Can't think of others right now, but all bloom, and would look really good.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9049481

I was going to say the same about Bamboo.

I've never had it, but read a lot of comments on it, and it's evasiveness -- and hard to get rid of.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9049493

I guess I need to get to a nursery to check some grasses out.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 19, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9049502

Tammy both boys are so exhausted by their ordeal today they have been sacked out since they came home around 3:00 this afternoon. One cannot see the benefits of the grooming when they are squeezed up in tight balls snoozing. Good news, both of them gained weight. They are both on the light side for their age and breed. Swiper is 17 lbs 14oz. - up from 16 lbs. Stetson is 16lbs 8 oz - up from 15lbs 8 Oz.

Elsie it is safe for me to fly. I have no clots and no circulations problems, I plan to wear the compression stockings on the plane anyway just to keep the swelling and pain down. Today was the first day I did not wear them and I feel it tonight. They do not make the swelling go away. They do greatly minimize the degree of swelling and they do prevent the pain that comes with the excessive swelling.

Tammy so sorry you have come down with that nasty virus. Take care of yourself and don't push your body too hard. You know the drill.

Melva glad your fish turned out well. I wonder if the woman who bought all that fish owned a restaurant? Does Corky beg for fish while you are cooking? I had boiled crawfish twice over the weekend from my local grocery where the boil them outside a few times a year. Stetson kept hounding me for one. I knew he would not like it because of all the seasoning, but i had to give him one each time. He rejected it, of course.

I SuperGlued the mousey to the plastic arm that made it go round and round under the cloth. So far so good. It is holding.

Terese I hope my two weeks at the shores live up to my expectations.

Gonna watch the eagles for a little while and DWTS.

BTW: DM did not call me when she got home so I did not call her either. I will go over there tomorrow while Monique is there. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to understand what happened with the banks and non-payments...and thank you for the pat on the back, Tammy. I need it. I somehow have to make her understand why I have to make major changes to her financial portfolio. Based on what I tried to explain to her last week, her grasp of the present situation is that she is short on $$$ so she is going to save money by cutting expense generated by Monique's employment. The reality is we have to generate $$$ by liquidating assets to AFFORD Monique's employment. I haven't tackled that problem yet. She said to me, "I am not going to fly Monique all over the country anymore and pay for all her meals, and take her on trips. She can stay home. And I can still live my same lifestyle." Which means, she does not want to hear that she has to stop her run away spending on clothes and mail order catalogs. She will have to understand that if Monique stays home - she stays home. And folks, she is not going to like that!!!!!!

WOW! Stetson just now stretched and got up from his sleeping position. Maybe I should send H.O.W. for a comb out more often. LOL.

Gonna go watch my eagles.

Bonnie

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 8:12 PM

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 8:13 PM
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9049548

Graham is a Leopard Tortoise...full grown he will weigh 80 something pounds.
The fish was bland..I forgot some ingredients of the marinade...turns out it was important ones...Corky did ask for some fish but I didn't share it with him...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9049555

Quoting:
she stays home. And folks, she is not going to like that!!!!!!

Oh Bonnie... i recall her asking why you both can't sell everything in TX and move to The Shores... and your answer was Monique... and she was like... "oh yea" -- knowing it would be hard to live without her help.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9049781

Good morning

s and a
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9049786

Good morning, have been up since 5:00, used all the sleep that was in me, I guess. I have had my coffee, and read the paper. I am dressed to head out to the bank and post office just as soon as they open.

I have no clue what I will do today, but our temps are supposed to be 83. I guess I could open the pool.NOT!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
4:40 AM

Post #9049788

I have been up about that long, had to take out the trash.

s and a
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 20, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9049799

Morning all. Feel like I am inside a sealed envelope. Man is it foggy outside. Thought I might take Warren out for a little ride since I need to go to Wilton for cheese. My plan was to go out early but the fog certainly will certainly delay the excursion.

The peepers are out with a full chorus. Guess the weather has tricked them too.The noise factor from the Canada Geese has settled down immensely. And ya know, even the loudest noises that come out of the bush bother me so much less than the sound of traffic, loud music not of my liking and people's shouting and arguing. In fact they really don't annoy me at all. Why is it people do not understand when they are on water or on the shoreline their voices carry?. I have been privy to too many conversations that I would refer to as private topics far too personal for perfect strangers to hear.

Bonnie you 'did good' handling your DM's situation. Three cheers!!!! Has your DM conveniently forgot that a Retirement/Nursing Home will be her next place of residence? I find it interesting that she gets so vile when you try and talk finances with her yet you are the person she calls when things don't go the way she thinks they should. Let's face it you are damned if you do or damned if you don't Bonnie, no matter what the issue is with your DM. (((Bonnie).

Tam how are you feeling this morning? Better I hope. Let Truffles and Pixel take care of you.How is Fred this morning?

Debbie how are things on the home front now you are empty nesters again? How is your lip?

Lee any new pics of our Maddie ? When I was cleaning out the upstairs fridge this morning I thought of you and something you had said awhile back. There must have been 10 maybe 11 little dishes all covered over but with tiny bits of food in each one. Warren always says he will finish it later but he forgets what's in the fridge. I remember you saying you, your DF and DS had lots of similiar containers in your parents' fridge exactly the same. Heaven forbid I throw something out because sure as shooting W will want to eat the one I threw out.

Elsie did you enjoy your day off yesterday? Beautiful weather for you to spend outside.

Time to clean the stove - not that is doesn't need it. BBL to see how everyone's day is unfolding.

Dianne

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 20, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9049801

Morning Sandy and Andre. Wonder who else is up?

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9049802

Morning...

roast in the crock is done... i sent the kid an email last night to turn it to low when he got home from work. Nope, still blasting on HIGH.
add veggies this morning. will be adding a rutabaga later.

gonna be 83 today and 84 tomorrow. in all honesty ... i hope it cools down soon. I'm not turning on my A/C ... in March? that is just against my principle - just like no heat before Nov.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9049804

Oh -- i forgot to add... no rain over night, and i just checked the radar... it's all in MO and IA... nothing in our area.
I needed some rain to make it easier to dig perennials today. Oh well.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9049848

That reminds me I need to add stuff to my slow cooker and then take the brat for a run

s and a
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9049979

Back from running the errands, and DH was gone, so grabbed my hidden container of Round Up and sprayed a couple of places. Saw him pulling in the drive, and I hid the container in the shrubs, so that he wouldn't see it, and have to listen to his speel about how he dislikes it, yada yada.

Need to finish up the laundry room, just a few touch ups, gonna take curtains down in the family room, and my bathroom and get them washed and hung back up. Whatever else falls into my path.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 20, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9049985

Lol,lol Bonnie. That sounds exactly like something I would do!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 20, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9050029

Me too! Gosh I do that kind of stuff all the time! I figure it is better than dirty looks or hearing about it. He can be so much like his mom at times! LOL

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9050033

Well, we are back home. Left here at 5:55 this morning, went to get gas and coffee for the road...and off to PT for DH.

He wasn't even in there 20 minutes! But we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, so that was nice. Stopped at the new Tractor Supply in the next town over, and got Izzy her new food, cat litter and a bag of wild bird seed. SO much cheaper than Walmart & even Country Max.

Dianne, my lip is a mess. Couldn't figure out why people were stairing, didn't think it was that bad...until I used the restroom to wash up at Cracker Barrel. Those lights just lit up what I couldn't see at home. Big purple area and a chunk show up bright. Someone probably thought I was a battered woman.

Bonnie, I agree, you handled your DM perfect! Just let the others tell her...and she will look to you for an explanation when she doesn't understand. YOU so need this time away. Its a good good thing. Glad the boys have a clean bill of health...and that they put a bit of weight on. For their long bodies and bigger bone structure they need just a few more. I bet HOW and Swiper look so handsome after their combouts.

BonnieB, I was laughing about the Roundup. My DH doesnt' care for it either, but he will use it in certain areas. With him I have to hid Sven dust...he puts it on everything!

Vicki, where are you?

Lee, we need a Tuesday song...I am dragging this week!

Elsie, did you go shoe shopping? Find anything? My DD got a new washer, I was thinking of you. Hers doesn't have an agitator in it...and she has trouble reaching. Will have to tell her about tongs!

sandy, what are you putting in the crock today? I need to come up with something creative. DH and I had a talk about
cooking and eating for two...instead of six. This is gonna be fun!

Going to run the vacuum and get the house opened for some warm air, it is warmer outside than inside!

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 20, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9050048

Storms over Houston this morning. The power winked once, Sure am glad I am not flying today. The airport is on ground stop.

My vet called a few minutes ago to tell me Swiper's blood panel was 100% normal. Said he will not call if urine is also normal. In closing he said to give Swiper a big kiss from him. I thought that was pretty funny.

Staying home today except to visit DM.

Bonnie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 20, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9050060

Debbie I am here. Have been posting elsewhere and writing out the bills. Which are now ready for the mailbox.

Trying real hard to be sociable on other threads.

Yesterday was an interesting day. Not! I know you girls would of cried for me if you had known. BonnieB does as I posted it over there on Coffee.

I tried to start what I thought was going to be a little fix it project. Until DH came over to check it out as his wasn't going well. So he decided to do what needed done forever it seems.

After lunch we went out and started moving and cleaning things. We thought it was the squirrels that had eaten in to bags of potting soil. A bag of mulch in the corner. Which DH started to clean up and I was working and watching him. He jumped and a RAT ran out! I'm like was that a RAT? Yep! He continues(he is such a trooper even if he makes me mad). Then he is working in another spot and finds a dead one in a big container. Working in another spot and finds a skeleton of one. What a mess they made.

Then he decides I need to move my hens and chicks plus all the rocks. I say no way. Will move the h+c plus rocks they are by but not everything. I could of cried when I think of how hard I worked and they were finally looking how I wanted them to. Well getting there anyway!
He is making comments like it is funny but probably trying to cheer me up! He has no clue!

So tonight I think he is going to try and cut the posts down so the building is sitting level again or as close as possible.

Gone

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
8:26 AM

Post #9050064

Debbie I started with 6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, chicken broth, a can of Campbell's Caramelized French onion soup, one large onion chopped up and a package of mushrooms.
This morning I added Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots cut up small. Last I added rice and drained cans of corn and sweet peas. Oh I added some salt and garlic last night
Planing to use the left overs as fried rice with eggs.
Took a taste before I added the rice and last 2 veggs and it was good.
I have 3 different size slow cookers

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9050084

Sandy that does sound good! Maybe I will make the chicken breasts I have and some cream of mushroom soup over rice. DH isn't a great lover of rice like me, but if it has something over top he will eat it fine. I use brown rice so it is healthier.

Oh Vicki, finding the rats would have freaked me out too. I have had "pet rats" but the "wild ones" no way! Glad Ty didn't get ahold of one of them.

Tam, were your ears ringing. We went over to the new Tractor Supply and it is is "chick week" and they have huge tubs with baby chicks (yellow & yellow/;brown mix) and also some baby ducks. I didn't say anything but "awwww" and dh just said "NO". I just don't understand.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 20, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9050093

I think I will go out and work in the GH as it has the same smell as the shed did! Darn dirty RATS! DH plugged up a hole there sunday.

Oh baby chicks lots more pleasant to think of!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9050174

I need some advice.
I do not know if I have said anything about the calls for a Rebeca Brown. The first ones where about follow up's for request by her for loans.
This newest one is scary as some one wants to serve a warrant for a bad check. I was not quick enough to get the phone number to call them back to tell them she does not live here.
Is there some where I can call to tell people that she has never lived her, nor has she ever had this phone number?

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #9050183

Sandy, do you have caller ID on your phone so you can look back and see the number that called?

AND...also be reassured, if she has a phone number listed to your phone...does NOT mean she has an address to your house unless they said so.

It could be something like a scam, or it could be a legal issue. Usually if there is a Warrent to be served, it is done thru the local sheriffs department. You might try there. Should be a local number listed so you don't have to call 911.

Good luck
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #9050210

There was no phone number listed for the caller
The phone number being used it the one we have had for over 50 years.
I made a number of calls: to the no-emergency number for the local police, the court and the Attorney office. The last said that they think it might be a collective agency. Looks like some one was stupid enough to give her a loan. I told the police officer I talked with that if I found her they might be looking for me!!!

Sandy
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

March 20, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9050222

I don't know how much rain we got but it rained for about 12 hours..ther are puddles in the field across the street. Corky had to go out this morning but he sure did not want to...he took me from door to door (guess he was hoping it wasn't raining out one of them) he finally went out but he was not happy. I left a window open for him and went back to bed...he is now asleep in his bed..the carpet is wet where he walked...he was a wet cat! The storms moved out, think they went to Houston so Bonnie is in for it.,lots of thunder..the long, rumbling kind that you get in the Winter/Spring.
We are having steak tonight..it is thawing now. I am going to make a salad to go with it and we will have brocolli and cauliflower too.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9050493

Sandy, we get calls all the time for people who don't work there and never did. Wonder if they just give out a number.

Vicki, I love your hens & chicks. I hope they are still where they were.

Debbie, so how are your eyes? I got the new tongs at marshalls - fairly long and sort of spatula like at the end.

Tammy, how are you feeling? Did you whip that bug out of you?

Dianne, it was foggy here too. I hope it cleared up and was nice. I did enjoy my day off yesterday.

Bonnie, good news about the tests for Swiper. Did you meet up with DM? I picked up some rotisserie chicken spice today. I'll let you know how it turns out.

My DM sent me this link - I really liked it.
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

I spoke with too many people with nasty attitudes today. Glad I'm home.

I spoke with my friend last night - the one who had a heart attack around Thanksgiving. She has had vertigo for about a month. Actually it sounds like when she tries to walk she loses her balance - she doesn't have that funny feeling when she is sitting down. Her DD is taking her for tests. She mentioned her slurring her words. Made me rather nervous but she has been to the doctor and they have no answers. Her DD thinks they may have thinned her blood too much. Of course she won't go out and get a cane.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9050513

Howdy - I didn't realize I hadn't posted this morning. But I see not.

Vicki - that area looks so nice with the semps all filled out. Boy do I hate rats! We had them in the barn. After a lot of discussion and a few attempts at live traps, we finally decided to use poison in the upper barn, where our kitties don't go (then. They get in now). They are a problem with the chickens of course. (((((Vicki)))))

BonnieB - tell that DH of yours that round-up is used on most US grains. A tiny amount used on your property is a drop in the ocean. If he worries about round up, he needs to buy only organic foods. I think its something like 90% of all soy in the US is treated with round-up. Also big percentage on wheat, rye, corn etc.

Congratulations Bonnie of the 100% normal blood work on Swiper! Good to hear the boys are putting on a little heft too. When do you leave?

I'm still at the office. I'm gonna close down and head home to make dinner.

BBL
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9050552

Did you check out the Bing image?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9050597

Elsie, I did...it is beautiful. That purple matche my lip!lol Eyes are not doing well. I have had warm compresses on them all day. I will be glad to go back to the doctor Thursday.

DH got the OKay to drive and "don't baby the knee" today. He hasn't had vicodin in 36 hours, just on motrin. Said he can't go back to work until doc sees him April 5th. I don't know why he can't do deskwork...and I am not being nice.

Got a "cute" note from DS. He asked a young lady to dinner...but needed money to pay for it til he gets paid Friday. Honestly, I think this is his first REAL date. Not with groups of friends, not in town and local girl...a real college kid on the town date.

Tam, are you feeling better? How is Freddie doing? My Hucky had an "accking" incident today...but it was fluid...not food. So, not sure what was happening.

Vicki, I love the hens & chicks also. Filled in very very nice.

Be back...

debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9050607

Fred seems to be doing better but I am still fighting the good fight with this crud. I did work a full day.

Loretta - those crocus on bing are glorious! Debbie - your face must be glorious too. :-)

I cancelled my outing with a friend tomorrow. We were going to have dinner & facials. We've moved it out 2wks. I would think I'll be well enough to enjoy it by then!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9050617

I was able to crochet a little to day. The first injury to the thumb is almost completely healed but I came up with another small problem. A small painful blister like sore on the ball of that thumb but I think it is also healing.

I am going to go watch some TV.
Every one have a good night

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9050655

Good Night Sandy.

Hey everyone - isn't it SPRING today? Happy Spring!

Good night
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9050697

YES! It is spring! Happy Spring!

I sat down to watch a show at 3:00...and woke up at 4:45. Getting up at 5:15 this morning did a number on me.
I took Izzy out to play and she actually got tired and layed down in the grass.

I am a bit disappointed but can't complain...its been a lovely week weather wise, but high on Saturday is 60...and going down from there for the next week.

Saturday is also DSs 19th birthday. So throwing a get together quick for the siblings. He wants raspberry pretzel dessert.

Tam, some down time and resting needs to be in order it sounds. You don't want it to get worse! Took Bonnie forever to shake hers.

Sandy, did you burn yourself maybe? Get some rest.

Happy Spring...and tomorrow is Happy Hump Day!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9050717

Good evening. I did accomplish a little today. No specific complaint, just feel blah today. I did get all the RoundUp put down where I wanted it. Went out and watered in the greenhouse. I have got lots of tomatoes coming up, and other things.

Elsie, I don't see how you deal with mean people all day. That has got to be very depressing for you. Did you ever think about humming Oh what a beautiful morning, while you are looking up information for them? Might just make them in a better mood.

Sandy, sorry I didn't speak to you last night. Hope that your thumb will heal fast and you can get back to your crocheting.

Tammy, glad you postponed the day with the friend. I am sure you will feel better and enjoy it more.

Bonnie hope your visit with your DM went well.

Vicki, sorry that you have to move the rocks and hen and chicks. I think postage on the rocks would be a bit high, but would love to have every one of them.

Debbie, hope you get a better report on Thursday with your eyes. And hope your lip heals by then too.

Melva, I heard about the flooding in your area. Hope everything is okay now.

Lee, has your weather improved? Last you said it was rainy and chilly.

Have a Dr appointment in Louisville tomorrow, and I will be gone most of the day. Plan on going to Sam's and shopping at a mall on the way, and maybe a stop at Trader Joes, and Penzeyz. Plus I need groceries, so that should keep me busy for awhile.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9050737

BonnieB, will keep you in thoughts and prayers as you go to the doctor. Is this the eye follow up? Travel safe.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9050800

No Debbie this is the follow up on precancerous cells. I have to go every 6 months.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 20, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9050817

Oh Bonnie, definately sending prayers all is well.

Here is my mess of a lip. NOTHING compared to what Sandy went through with her broken nose and eye, just sore.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 20, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #9050834

Hi friends. Poor mom had such a difficult time understanding the situation, It was pathetic to witness. The issue: Mom found out that HOA and rear yard gardening fees were 6 months in arrears. Monique thought they were being paid by bank draft because no bills ever came to the house. In reality there are coupon payment booklets for both accounts. I did not use the coupons because I paid the bills by electronic checks. Monique had the booklet for the yard service, but not the HOA. She must have lost it. My office has been gleaned, piece by piece. I do not have it. Anyway, DM blamed bank A for not paying these bills all these months because she told them to transfer that money to bank B (Does that even make sense? No. But that was her story and she was sticking to it.) When I tried to explain that I had been playing the bills online, she thought they were then being paid twice and they owed her money. She wanted to fight me over the fact that those two bills were paid by bank draft. That was never true. That was the first battle of the war. She finally seemed to understand and accept that fact. We then decided to take early withdrawal of the CD instead of selling the land. So we all go to bank B where the first thing she wants to tell the bank officer is that bank A never transferred her money over to bank B and they have not been paying her bills for 6 months. Of course, it comes out all disjointed. The bank officer is looking at me with a ,"Am I awake or is this a nightmare?" look on her face. I try to get mom back on track, she is calling for Monique (who is in the lobby) to help her tell her story...angry that Monique is not standing behind her. And folks, that was the good part. She thought the CD had more $$$ than it actually had. Well, if it didn't have the amount she remembered - somebody took her money. Sigh. She knows what she remembers!! We walked out of bank B with her reasonably content with the redistribution of the funds in the C D, still in accounts in bank B. No sooner than her butt hit the seat of the car, she was trying to understand why Bank A had never transferred her money to bank B and paid those bills. She wants to pay those two bills by credit card now, because she gets money back from her credit card payments...only she lumps both bills together and talks about paying the total of the two bills in one payment. The HOA is sending paperwork to set up CC payments, I doubt the yardman will be equipped to do so. Calgon take me away. I guess SW Airlines will have to do.

Changing cat toilets is fun after dealing with that.

If only she would learn to trust that what I am telling her is the truth life would be so much easier for both of us. But no. She wants to prove that she is right

Bonnie
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 20, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9050855

You know I am in a class all day and I come in to check on you guys wondering how Bonnie and Melva are doing with bad weather supposed to be in Texas and instead Bonnie has hurricane Mom to deal with, meanwhile Debbie's been in a bar fight or something...

Just can't leave you all unattended... :-)

Waving to everybody!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 21, 2012
12:06 AM

Post #9050973

Lee I love your humor. Hurricane Doris (mom) and H.O.W. I am truly blessed!

Debbie in a bar fight! What a visual image that creates! I can just see her in her saloon girl outfit tossing the cowboy who mistreated the saloon cat right out of the double front doors and having the swinging door come back and hit her in the lip! Oh, someone help me I am ROTFLOL!

Gonna try to get some sleep now. Moe comes at 9:30 this morning for the trip to the airport. I feel sorry for my boys.

Bonnie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

March 21, 2012
4:15 AM

Post #9051067

Morning everyone! Who else is up?

Safe travels today Bonnie. You so need this time away from Katy.

~~~~~ to all.Need coffee.
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9051071

good morning,

dianne been up but did not feel like getting out of bed

{{{{{{{{Bonnie}}}}}}}}}} I know how you feel, my dad was impossible.
have a safe trip

Debbie i saw a huge roll of bubble wrap, enough for both of us

no was not a burn, probable a reaction to soap getting under the bandaid- I have those kind of sores caused by soap some times . but usually not this bad

waving at everyone

s and a

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9051131

And Lee got me a gigglin' too.

Good Morning!

I'm coughing & sneezing but actually feeling better today.

I talked to my boss last night. I am so glad he called me - I had a situation which required his input. He's so busy he often does not read his emails or listen to his voice mail.

Today - I have a woman coming up from Wayne (main-line Phila area) to pick up some tufa. She just sounded so happy that she could buy some. (This is from our flower show display). Sun I have the last buyer coming for tufa. It looks like I'm going to make the group a good amount on the show - a first in many years. :-)

Off to work... lots of conference calls.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9051144

Good morning. Slept well, and woke to another beautiful day. Had my coffee, but the dratted paper person didn't deliver the paper. Never can judge when it will arrive.

Lee you keep us so off balance, that it deflects all the problems that everybody has. Thanks for your sense of humor.

Bonnie safe travels today, and enjoy every second of it!

I need to head to the shower and get moving toward Louisville. Gonna be a action packed day, but looking forward to it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 21, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9051165

ROFL, yes, I was in a bar room fight, got thrown into the saloon doors...which actually the garage doors are a LOT alike. Nobody messes with my saloon cat. ROFL, where does she come up with this stuff.

Although the lip feels better this morning, it is now the color of my Eeyore coffee mug and brusing I can see down the side of my nose. I can hardly wait til my eye doctor sees this...he gives me a rough time already. lol

DS reports he had a "nice date, was back to the school by 8:30, finished his homework and then skateboarding until 1:00 a.m. HOWEVER, I have quite a few scrapes and bruises when you see me so don't panic." I just replied "Glad all went well...and regarding the scrapes and bruises...remember that when you see me too!" LOL

Bonnie, safe travels...and get some deep breaths in...walk in the ocean water on the beach if you can.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9051191

My DM is losing it. I just came back from running Andre and she asked "where were we going?" Like what??? I asked. "you get me up to go some where" she was fully dressed.

So WE are going OFF!

Talk to y'all later

Sandy and a tired Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 21, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9051479

Hey this plane has WIFI for $5. I can watch my eagles on an App.

Came close to missing my flight this morning. At 7:55 it dawned on me that Moe was picking me up at 9:30 for an 11:00 flight. I am one hour from the airport. I quickly checked his reservation & my plane ticket & saw that the times were correct. I called him immediately. We both had a moment of panic then vowed to meet outside my home in 30 minutes. We both were on time. I was at the airport in plenty of time,

I did not sleep one minute last night. I was not the least bit tired. Was in the best of spirits and had not the first pain. What's up with that?

Should be landing in about 30 minutes. Have 75 minute drive to the Shores or paradise as DM calls it.

TTYL,
Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 21, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9051480

Hey this plane has WIFI for $5. I can watch my eagles on an App.

Came close to missing my flight this morning. At 7:55 it dawned on me that Moe was picking me up at 9:30 for an 11:00 flight. I am one hour from the airport. I quickly checked his reservation & my plane ticket & saw that the times were correct. I called him immediately. We both had a moment of panic then vowed to meet outside my home in 30 minutes. We both were on time. I was at the airport in plenty of time,

I did not sleep one minute last night. I was not the least bit tired. Was in the best of spirits and had not the first pain. What's up with that?

Should be landing in about 30 minutes. Have 75 minute drive to the Shores or paradise as DM calls it.

TTYL,
Bonnie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

March 21, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9051485

Bonnie no pain as you left it home or knew you were leaving it home! Sorry!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #9051525

that was bad Vicki! true but bad. lol

I'm taking a break. I sold the ladies (mother & daughter) their tufa plus a dozen plants. The more I sell from here, the fewer I have to lug to the April meeting & June plant sale. :-)

And two conf calls down and two to go. I've got minutes out for those behind me and I'm all set for the two to come.

Bonnie - so glad to hear you are leaving your pain and worries behind. And that you & Moe pulled off the late adjustment to your schedule!

Sandy - Enjoy the adventure today.

BonnieB - curious to hear how your day goes. Hopefully a good report from the skin doctor. (I'm trusting my memory of your post yesterday so hope that's right!)

Debbie - I bet you just make the day at the eye doctors' with that colorful face of yours. :-)

Truffles put in a good 6hrs in the office today but she'd had enough about 30min ago. Pixel spent the morning in her spa (the guest bathroom bathtub). But she just went into work as I was coming down for a break w/a cup of tea. So I guess I'm covered with office assistance today.

Freddie seems to be feeling well today too.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 21, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9051567

Tam, when the doctor calls me back...he comes to the hallway entrance, and says "Trouble". Not Debbie, not Mrs. G...Trouble. Has been this way for 8 years now. Of course I love it and give it right back to him.

Izzy and I have spent more time outside than in...although not doing much but bird watching and grooming her. Came inside and ran the vacuum, at which point DH (not dear) got up and plopped on the floor to do some stretches right in front of where I was. I got up and left.

I agree with Vicki, Bonnie you left the ache and pains in Texas! Have fun. Going to go listen to my ocean sounds video.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9051644

I am home and tired. I do have a happy birthday dog. He has posted on the dog thread telling his friends about his birthday and his surprise.

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 21, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9051761

Awwwwwwwwwwww, isn't he sweet! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDRE!

Hi all, just a quick Hello and I'm going to sleep. It's been very warm outside and I've started spring cleaning in the yard and garden. Nicholas is helping of course!LOL
Posting a few pics with him and the garden.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 21, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9051764

I forgot to show you the doggies and their dog houses, they want to say Happy Birthday to Andre!

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 21, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9051830

Happy Birthday Andre!

Thanks for the pics Adina. Looks like the snow is fading away...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9051861

Good evening. Would you believe I am just back from Louisville. Grilled a hamburger and got the kitchen cleaned. Wow I am tired.

Did find a pair of shoes (elsie eat your heart out) and 2 upper female body garments, on sale no less. A runner rug for my laundry room. Didn't have time to do the other fun stuff, but I know when DGD is here on spring break we will go to Louisville again.

Then the not so good news. Tammy, I wish it was skin, but it is female. About 5 years ago, I had to have surgery to remove cancer cells from my cervix. Have a check up every 6 months, but began felling very uncomfortable with the Dr I had been seeing for a long time. I made an appointment with another dr, and she is waiting for the pap smear to come back, but there is a leison that she will biopsy on April 13. She said not to worry between now and then, but who can not worry, especially with my history. Wish she had just told me to return for the results of the pap smear and not mentioned this other.

Since I have prayed for most of you at one time or another, I am asking that if you know the worth of prayer, that you put me on your personal list.

Thanks.

Mr. B just went with DH fishing. Wonder what kind of muddy mess he will come home as? Probably mud up to his armpits, as he does like the water.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9051865

Happy Birthday Andre!!

Bonnie, how are the eagles? I've yet to see the live cam but Big Cat Rescue have 2 Bobcat kittens who are blind. I have heard the growling but not the actual live cam. I'm guessing you are in paradise by now. Ahhh

Tammy, it sounds like you are doing well in sales. Does your help get a commission?

Adina, love the photos - it must be warm for all that snow to melt. It must be muddy.

(((BonnieB))), big hugs and prayers for you.

I may end up in flames tomorrow. We are expecting temps in the high 70's and I think the AC is not working at work.

I made the asparagus and tomato dish - I need to get it into the toaster oven. I grilled them and they were yummy. I grilled some chicken breasts - they were so-so. I used the rotisserie seasoning - it's a little spicy for me. It's nothing like rotisserie chicken.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9051874

(((((( BonnieB )))))) Its just awful to worry. You are so smart to stay on top of this and to listen to your guy. Remember - you've been having it checked every six months so even if that doctor didn't make you comfortable, the chances are in your favor that its not an issue or if the worst, that it is, you've caught it very early.

Sandy - Andre looks very pleased with his birthday cake. It just brought a smile to my face to see that picture and know what a special relationship you have with that wonderful (demon child) furkid!

Adina - oh double smiles of the pic of Grandma w/her precious little grandson sitting on the couch. So cute! And the dogs all look happy & healthy. I'm sure glad the snow is melting away and that spring is heading your way.

Debbie - I guess this confirms it. You are trouble. lol

I've got a pot of lentils & rice bubbling away. I just had a hankering for it and so... its gonna be my dinner. I have some left over kale, red pepper, mushroom & onions to make it a complete meal. I can't help but wonder what Lee thinks of this meal. :-)

Tam

PS: Debbie - I've watched two "Chew" episodes. Not sure its for me yet.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9051877

cross posted w/you Loretta. What's this about asparagus & tomato recipe? Sounds very interesting! Care to share?

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9051900

{{{{{{{{{{{{{BonnieB}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Andre was a very good boy and did not touch either the cupcake or the chicken until I told him it was ok.

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 21, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9051920

((((BonnieB)))) I will definately keep you in my prayers. This is similar to how my issue was found. Will pray and pray you have the same outcome (benign) and I agree with Tam 100%. Your doctors and you have been following this every six months...if it is, it is early. Just keep busy...which I know you do anyway, you run circles around me...but to keep your mind occupied.

Tam, there have been some very questionable episodes of "The Chew" lately...I just wasn't thrilled. Today was all for "new moms" and really cut most others out of the show enjoyment. Monday I believe, was a good show with lots of recipes for different things. DH has been enjoying that.

The show that follows the Chew here is "The Revolution" is much more to my liking...not just because of Ty Pennington, although it doesn't hurt. It is much more real and managable...especially the diet/exercise routines and such for 'real" people.

OK, DD Carrie just called, computer issues...and on her way over for a 911 fix with dad!

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9051949

Tammy, how are you feeling today - improving?

here is the link to the recipe http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1242375/ It looks pretty too. I used a blend of cheeses and I think it needs the sharpness of parmesan.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 21, 2012

Post #9052134

I've been though this myself BB, more than once. It is so hard not to worry.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2012
7:29 PM

Post #9052147

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9052154

Thanks for the t & p's everybody.

Lee, thanks. I have just made up my mind to push this to the back of my mind, wait for the pap results, and go for the biopsy on the 13th, and in between do a lot of praying. No sense crossing bridges before you even get there. But already having had surgery, I can't help but be concerned.

Mr. B went with DH fishing after supper, and came home soaking wet. He went and hid under the bed, guess he figured I could get out the shampoo and complete his bath. For a dog who loves the water, the lakes and ponds and ocean, he despises baths. Wonder why? I try to make it fun, but he still dislikes it. All I did was get a towel and dry him, so he is in no danger tonight.

I have only watched the Chew a couple of times, and unless I just saw some horrible episodes, I don't think it is for me.

I needed some good dress shoes, and went to JC Penney not thinking about looking at shoes. But had to go through the shoe department on the way out, and stopped to look. I can't wear heels, but found a really soft pair of leather with the toe cut out and a wedge heel (small) and they felt comfortable, so I bought them. I wish they would give you time to wear them like 5 days or so before you had to make a decision about them. I guess they could resell them as "low mileage" with a small discount! But on the other hand, I would be suspicious of the "low mileage" because I would say evidently somebody else didn't think they were so comfortable!!

Bonnie, dangle your toes in the water a bit for me. Sort of like a country song I heard my DGD singing, Toes in the water, arse in the sand! Glad you left your troubles behind. They will probably be there when you return. Don't start to worry about it, until the day you leave to go home!!

Dianne how are you and Warren doing? Think about you these nice spring days.

Elsie, that asparagus and tomatoes look absolutely delicious. Haven't seen any fresh around here yet, but I will try it just as soon as I can get it locally grown.

I was in Sam's today and looked at hams, as I always cook one for Easter. Holy Cow, no make that Holy Pig, they are priced about $30 for a half one. Hmmm, wonder if anybody would notice if I make a meatloaf shaped like a ham?

I am going to check my email, and off to bed.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9052158

Sandy, meant to say that I am impressed that Andrea didn't attack the food until you told him to. What a guy. Give him a smooch from me, he deserved a birthday celebration.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9052174

BonnieB, I would love to see Mr. B in the water. I bet he's fun to watch. Since I don't like meatloaf I think I'd notice the difference. LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9052211

elsie, I will try to go with them in the next few days and take my camera along. Hope to give you a picture of him swimming.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 22, 2012
3:51 AM

Post #9052364

sorry way past time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248149/

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 23, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9054291

I have arrived at the condo safe, sound, and exhausted. Going to meet Judy and Mary for dinner and then crash.

Vicki I thought about your theory of leaving pain behind, but dismissed it as I had no conscious (sp) thoughts or feelings along those lines. Didn't think something that was sub conscious Could have that strong an effect.

Terese we are going to Aunt Catfish for dinner.

You know I wrote this Wednesday , but forgot to send it. Just found it on my IPad . Was I whacked or what?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 23, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9054364

storm moving in signing off

s and a

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America