Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles How-to's: photo that was not 'Toad Lily' tricyrtis macropoda

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles How-to's
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles How-to'sReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tinyard
Baltimore, MD

March 17, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9046075

I labeled the photo with the information from the plant identification label provided by the WIlliam Paca Garden, Historic Annapolis Foundation, in Annapolis, MD, where I bought the plant at their once yearly sale.

Did the expert who found that label incorrect offer a corrected identification?

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9069156

If you received a private message (dmail) regarding your photo, the best thing to do is respond directly to that message. You can locate it by clicking on the "My dmail" link in the colored bar of links above, open the message and scroll down to the text box where you can type your response. That will put you in direct contact with the PF editor who removed your image.

Best,
Terry
tinyard
Baltimore, MD

May 13, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9122119

I visited Paca House Garden in Annapolis 5/12/12 and got additional information about the photo I submitted to DG 3/17/12 as 'tricyrtis macropoda'. It is tricyrtis macropoda 'sinomene' (I saw 'sinomenine' online).

I will send a new photo as soon as the plant flowers this year. It has multiplied and is more robust than last year - and seems frisky, but not in a problematic way.

Hope this clarification meets with approval fro DG's experts.

Thumbnail by tinyard
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other PlantFiles How-to's Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Why don't you follow the rules of nomenclature? Terry 1 May 31, 2008 3:40 PM
    Taxonomy changes coming in the PDB Terry 41 Oct 20, 2007 2:03 AM
    How do I search for what is reported to grow well near me? ceallachg 12 Aug 29, 2008 11:27 PM
    Meet your PlantFiles Editors Terry 44 Aug 26, 2010 1:35 AM
    Royalty lilac bigcityal 7 Aug 8, 2007 11:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America