Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Peppers: HPS Seeds

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 9, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

March 17, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9046151

My apartment is officially clean (well, I still have the desk to go), due to my looking for the remainder of the seeds left over from the HPS pepper co-op from a few years ago.

I can't find my Tobasco seeds!

Am thinking of placing a HPS pepper seed order. Does anyone else want to go in on one?

Nichole
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9046158

hi, sort of new here, what/who is hps seeds? do you have a link? i am looking for a few specific types and might be interested.
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

March 17, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9046165

HPS is "Horticultural Products & Services". Here is a link to the Pepper page: http://www.hpsseed.com/dc.asp?c1=Peppers&c=276

Wouldn't you know, just a few minutes ago my husband looked in a clay pot I had on a small shelf, and there were my Tobasco and Kung Pao seeds! Yay!

Still thinking of making a pepper seed order, though . . . just for different peppers!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9046175

Glad you found the Tabasco seeds! I was getting ready to dig into my stash for you. :-)

I did place an order with HPS this year, because I was out of 'Gypsy' and 'Carmen' (sweet pepper) seeds and wanted enough to split with some local folks. Looks like I'm getting excellent germination from their seeds, as usual.

If you only want a few seeds, it'll probably be cheaper to order from another source, unless you do a group purchase and split packs.

Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

March 17, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9046186

Aww, thanks for the thought, Critter!

I've been scouring the local nurseries and other box stores for the past 2 weeks looking for Tobasco seeds. I am glad my pepper stash was found. For Tobasco seeds anyway, there didn't seem to be another source, other than mail order.

Now, to clear a small area off of my violet stand to make room for a seed tray . . .

Doug9345
Durhamville, NY
(Zone 5b)

March 17, 2012
12:47 PM

Post #9046187

Totally Tomatoes is the same company and should have a bigger selection than HPS.
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 17, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9046257

Baker Creek rareseeds.com has Tobasco seeds. I just did a google search and it seems they are avaliable thro many companies, but all mail order.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #9046417

Thanks, Doug, I'd forgotten which company was the HPS "offspring" -- for non-commercial quantities, Totally Tomatoes is the way to go.

Those minimum shipping charges are the kicker with mail order, especially when you just want 1 or 2 packs of seeds and S/H starts at $6 or more (HPS is more). That's why it makes sense to go in with a couple other people on an order. No promises on when the next seed co-op from me will be, though, LOL. :-)
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

March 17, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9046446

Well, if you do decide to do one, just let me know! I'm in!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 17, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9046544

It was a fun way of trying lots of different things... :-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America