-
AuthorContent
BoTierra
Bolinas, CA

March 17, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9046570

Greetings from the BoTierra Biodiversity Research Center, Bolinas California

Wanted to let all Herbal Forum members know that after four years of research and propagation we are finally able to offer seedlings of the much sought after Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) for the first time in Dave's Marketplace. This amazing medicinal super-food from the Longevity Islands of Japan, known for centuries as a healing herb and leafy vegetable, is just now being discovered in the U.S. It tops the list of the most promising herbal foods discovered to date at our research center. It's no real surprise why they named it Angel - ica...

Thumbnail by BoTierra
Click the image for an enlarged view.

bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9049995

How does this differ from the regular Angelica (archangelica I believe)? I have a small stand of that, which is very prolific at self-seeding. Beautiful plant but I do have to keep it in bounds. I've also tried the purple Korean form, but as I recall my husband accidentally weedwacked that before it got established.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Herbs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HERB COLD REMEDY jcf 25 Oct 3, 2009 3:18 AM
lemon verbena? laylarose 13 Jan 25, 2008 2:03 AM
Artemesia absinthium- common wormwood balvenie 14 Dec 31, 2007 6:44 PM
Rosemary Minihostalover 48 May 31, 2008 12:53 PM
Echinacea ... what to do with it anyone? IO1 46 Aug 8, 2009 7:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America