Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

"Antique Mirror" from an old window I bought for $2

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

I had bought this window at a garage sale a couple of years ago, knowing I'd one day use it for something. Yesterday I finally got around to making it into a mirror, using Krylon's Looking Glass paint spray. I haven't posted here for a while, so I hope I'm doing this right. Here's a link to my blog where I described how I did it.
http://catbounds.blogspot.com/

Thumbnail by darci_ Thumbnail by darci_ Thumbnail by darci_
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just loverly!!! Thanks for the instructions of what you did.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Darci, I have happily wandered around your wonderful website for the last hour and still have more to read another day when I am not behind in everything in my own life......I have had a blast. "You are my kind of people." Thanks for giving us that link.

Loved your crafts, stories, photos........just everything. You made my day.

Elena

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I love this mirror idea - thanks for posting. And from your blog I got the essential oils tip - I like that idea too. Thanks again.

Thanks for looking, Mary, Elena, and Jan. Glad you liked my window and blog.
"You are my kind of people.".....Elena, I notice you're in Tennessee. Howdy, neighbor! :)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Howdy neighbor! We go to Mt. View, Arkansas every fall the weekend before the Bean Festival with DG's Melody and her husband. Are you any where near there? Maybe if you are you could come our way when we are there this year (good Lord willing).

Yes, we're about an hour and a half from there. Hubby and I love to go up for pickin' and grinnin' on the square :) That would be fun. Maybe we can meet up, good Lord willin' :)

P.S. We're Cat, Jim & Marley (my Shih Tzu)

This message was edited Mar 20, 2012 7:20 AM

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Darci, Thanks for sharing this great idea. It opens up so many possibilities.

Jan23, looking forward to meeting you at Ric and Holly's swap. Sounds like it will be well attended.

Pat (backward glance)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Darci, it would be fun if we could work something out this fall to spend the day with you guys in Mt. View. Melody always brings Carly, her Sheltie. Our two husbands love to pick and sing and we have a ball. Here are pictures of Carly, Melody's husband Keith and my husband Al last fall in Mt View.

Thumbnail by Elena Thumbnail by Elena Thumbnail by Elena

That's waaay cool! You guys are part of the pickin'! We don't play any musical instruments, but I love Blue Grass, country gospel, etc., so much. I hope it works out so we can meet up with y'all :) Actually, I probably wouldn't bring Marley. He's a psychotic little dog, scared of his own shadow, but I wouldn't take anything for him. Here are pics of Marley & Jim.

Thumbnail by darci_ Thumbnail by darci_

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.