Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Trash to Treasure: "Antique Mirror" from an old window I bought for $2

Communities > Forums > Trash to Treasure
bookmark
Forum: Trash to TreasureReplies: 9, Views: 236
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
darci_
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9047067

I had bought this window at a garage sale a couple of years ago, knowing I'd one day use it for something. Yesterday I finally got around to making it into a mirror, using Krylon's Looking Glass paint spray. I haven't posted here for a while, so I hope I'm doing this right. Here's a link to my blog where I described how I did it.
http://catbounds.blogspot.com/

Thumbnail by darci_   Thumbnail by darci_   Thumbnail by darci_
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9047402

Just loverly!!! Thanks for the instructions of what you did.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9047561

Darci, I have happily wandered around your wonderful website for the last hour and still have more to read another day when I am not behind in everything in my own life...I have had a blast. "You are my kind of people." Thanks for giving us that link.

Loved your crafts, stories, photos...just everything. You made my day.

Elena
MaryMcP
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

March 18, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9047881

I love this mirror idea - thanks for posting. And from your blog I got the essential oils tip - I like that idea too. Thanks again.
darci_
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 19, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9048938

Thanks for looking, Mary, Elena, and Jan. Glad you liked my window and blog.
"You are my kind of people."...Elena, I notice you're in Tennessee. Howdy, neighbor! :)
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9049510

Howdy neighbor! We go to Mt. View, Arkansas every fall the weekend before the Bean Festival with DG's Melody and her husband. Are you any where near there? Maybe if you are you could come our way when we are there this year (good Lord willing).
darci_
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9049832

Yes, we're about an hour and a half from there. Hubby and I love to go up for pickin' and grinnin' on the square :) That would be fun. Maybe we can meet up, good Lord willin' :)

P.S. We're Cat, Jim & Marley (my Shih Tzu)

This message was edited Mar 20, 2012 7:20 AM

ecnalg

ecnalg
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 20, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9049914

Darci, Thanks for sharing this great idea. It opens up so many possibilities.

Jan23, looking forward to meeting you at Ric and Holly's swap. Sounds like it will be well attended.

Pat (backward glance)
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9049990

Darci, it would be fun if we could work something out this fall to spend the day with you guys in Mt. View. Melody always brings Carly, her Sheltie. Our two husbands love to pick and sing and we have a ball. Here are pictures of Carly, Melody's husband Keith and my husband Al last fall in Mt View.

Thumbnail by Elena   Thumbnail by Elena   Thumbnail by Elena

darci_
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9050217

That's waaay cool! You guys are part of the pickin'! We don't play any musical instruments, but I love Blue Grass, country gospel, etc., so much. I hope it works out so we can meet up with y'all :) Actually, I probably wouldn't bring Marley. He's a psychotic little dog, scared of his own shadow, but I wouldn't take anything for him. Here are pics of Marley & Jim.

Thumbnail by darci_   Thumbnail by darci_

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Trash to Treasure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
here's my little treasure wheel Gourd 67 Jul 14, 2013 12:59 PM
Thank you Terry for this forum! Tradewind_64 26 Apr 17, 2010 4:52 AM
My second plant stand Vee8ch 30 Oct 18, 2007 12:48 AM
A Filigris Arbor Made from Trash ButterflyChaser 58 Sep 4, 2010 8:25 PM
Pretty in Pink Vee8ch 17 Jun 6, 2008 10:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America