Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Spring Poems: DST rebellion

Communities > Forums > Article: Spring Poems
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spring PoemsReplies: 4, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
treesmoocher
Spencer, WV

March 19, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9048389

I so agree about Daylight Savings Time. If people want to arrange more light in the evening, why don't they just reset the hours of their work, instead of messing with everybody's clock, and pretending that noon comes at eleven?
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9048531

I've been saying that since I was a little kid. There is some evidence that changing the time is detrimental to our health - there are more heart attacks on the time change days than any other day. And it makes people just cranky!
orangegrovegirl
Port Saint Lucie, FL

March 20, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9050475

I love your poems and admire how you capture feelings and seasons so deftly; I like to write but the crafting of poetry is elusive to me (except for a smattering of haiku).

Amen and amen about DST - I hate it! It takes my body at least two weeks to get in sync with the "spring forward" time ("fall back" isn't so bad). Even now, though I am retired, I still have a difficult time getting into pace with this artificially induced "time". I wish the powers-that-wannabe would just leave well enough alone!
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9050562

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them.

Yes and yes, but why can't "they" figure it out?

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2014
10:55 AM

Post #9795428

Hey, Kathleen, I enjoy rereading these poems every time they run. I love the picture of your life you paint (so deftly) even though I don't know what a killdeer sounds like. Your poems still read like songs to me. Thank you again and again.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spring Poems Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
another plane bluespiral 1 Apr 28, 2009 2:57 PM
beautiful! justmeLisa 9 Mar 13, 2012 4:32 AM
Same but different place redmarble 1 Apr 28, 2009 9:08 PM
Thank you morrigan 1 May 8, 2009 8:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America