Daily Bird Pics. Vol. #435

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Time for a new thread, if you like to return to see the last thread where we've had many beautiful postings. We came from here; http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1245328/

Great Blue Heron
Brown Thrasher and Eastern Blue Bird
Purple Martins returned to nesting site

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Kim, for starting this new thread. Happy to see the gourd nests are being occupied so fast. Congratulation on attracting them.

Dove on frosted limb.

Hairy WP clinging to the birch trunk.

Black-capped Chickadee

This message was edited Mar 19, 2012 11:13 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Burn, no no that's not my own Martins. I took the pics. from a Dam that is down the road from us. At home. Tree Swallows are scouting out the Gourd Houses, the BBs are watching them. But no Martins yet.

Red Bellied Woodpecker.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Aww sweet.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

On the last thread-
Lily, congrats on the first p.martins. Mine haven't arrived yet.

Adel, congrats on the lifer tri-colored bbs. I've never seen one but I'm hoping. You sure found some great birds on your trip.

Lily, thanks for the great new start. Love the p.martins houses. Tree Swallows make great photos too!

Burn, great shots of your dove, wp and dee. That birch tree sure makes a pretty setting.

Here;s a juv. bald eagle that went by so fast, and flat, that I couldn't even tell what it was.
A purple finch and two of my nuttall's woodpeckers pair. This was the first time I've seen them so close to each other.
final shot is the head of the male wp.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

From the last thread . . .

Quote from adelbertcat :
While attending a Dinosaur re union, ....

What dinosaurs did you meet?

;-)

Marlton, NJ

Lily, Thanks for the new thread! Love the Bluebird and Martins!

Great shots everyone! Duc, Love those Nuttall's Woodpeckers!

Nothing new but here are a few pics. A White-throated Sparrow, American Robin and Northern Cardinal (male).

Thumbnail by pelletory Thumbnail by pelletory Thumbnail by pelletory Thumbnail by pelletory Thumbnail by pelletory
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

LOL Resin!!

Very nice pics Lily one this thread and the last. Purple Martins have become one of my favorite summer birds to look forward to seeing. The towhees are singing here everyday now!

Love those wp shots duc!

Nice "springy" shots pelle!

Norman, OK

Just got home, no sign of the bluebirds. Guess they are down on the creek. Lawn needs mowing, flowers to plant, feeders to fill. A Hooded Merganser from yesterday on the Lower Mountain Fork River in SE OK.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Klamath River, CA

Resin..............They were just like me (men who started working for CALFIRE in the early 1950"s) There are still a few of us raoming the earth.

Melbourne, FL

A few shots of some of the Cedar Waxwings that have been coming around for the berries on the East Palatka Holly tree.

Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

What fabulous experience for you to see that many Cedar Waxwings all at one setting, gardenpom! Just love it. Red, Nice one of theHooded Merganser, I haven't seen many in person. Cool duck! Pelle, I love those residential birds, by the look of things winter has been very mild there for you too? Duc, last year this time our local Eagle Nest has a few young eaglets. I tried to look at the nest earlier in the month and didn't see any activity there, I need to go back and check. Love you Nuttall's woodpecker, for we don't get to see 'em down here-- I don't regkon. Burn, look at our differences in zonal distance. Your residential birds are just as mine, amazing!

More of the 'water birds' I saw at the local Dam the other day.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Norman, OK

I haven't seen any waxwings in our neighborhood for a long time. Couple of years. Maybe we'll get some through on migration. Those look like cormorants, lily. Spotted this Common Loon in the middle of Broken Bow Lake in SE OK. Only one I saw. Just eased up to him in a boat for a close look and shot.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful shots everyone.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Red, welcome home and thank so very much for sharing those 'exotic' birds while you were on vacation. Here on my 'homecation' I was so lucky to have seen Cedar Waxwing intermittently this winter/early spring. These two pics. were taken this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Pelle, wonderful shots of your sparrow, robin and cardinal.

Adel, we're very grateful for members of CALFIRE that continue to save our mountains, trees and homes-not to mention lives.

Red, pretty shot of the merganser.

GP, love your waxwing photos-wow, that's a bunch of the beautiful birds.

Lily, nice one of the loons and cormorants. Cute waxwing too-love that red spot on them. Hope the eagles return to nest.

Here's yesterdays bald eagle-he/she sat on this tree for 5 hours and only left for a couple minutes before returning.
This red-tailed hawk sat and watched birds eating seeds on our deck but thankfully didn't bother them.
The rest are my little tree swallows that I just adore.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Klamath River, CA

Thanks Duc.

Marlton, NJ

Great shots guys!

PERTH, Australia

Wonderful birds, everyone. GP, I can't get over your Cedar Waxwings. Amazing! And how about you, duc, with Bald Eagles dozing off your deck. How special.

Edited - damned autocorrect.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2012 6:18 PM

Melbourne, FL

It's been fun watching the Cedar Waxwings. They make a lot of noise too. My brother thought someone was doing yardwork till I told him the noise was from the Cedar Waxwings. Sometimes when they come around the Mockingbird is sitting in the top of the Holly tree, and even though they vastly outnumber him, they will not come into the tree when he is there. They land in the top of the tree and work their way down to the remaining berries. There are still lots of Berries, but they are getting lower to the ground.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2012 6:03 AM

Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom Thumbnail by gardenpom
Lakeview, OH

The Snowy Owl that we keep hearing at night made a appearance to my hubby yesterday, he came down for a drink, I asked my hubby why he did not grab his camera and he said when he opened the door it scared him away. Is there any way to entice the owl to come down more often?

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Probably not Teddy...and it should be migrating back north now anyway.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Loving everyone's posts. I just have been able to respond, so lots of lurking.

Her are some spring birds… Song Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow and Robin

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Klamath River, CA

The birds are getting more active.

Dark-eyed Junco....Steller's Jay....American Robin....Scrub Jay....Fox Sparrow

This message was edited Mar 23, 2012 9:13 AM

Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

Pine Siskin....Calif. Quail....Spotted Towhee

Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Boy Adel, you have a nice variety!!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Likes Duc, Adel has a nice collection of them. Your western Jays are quite different from the Blue Jay I see down here. When I visit family out in SW region, I saw some type of quails there...ours-- down here are quite elusive to the point that I thought we've none, but that isn't true. I just don't get to see them out in the field or garden. Mrs. Ed. Love your garden setting, and so do the birds I'm certain of that. Recently I've Chipping sparrows come to grain feeder that hung in the backyard. Other sparrows rarely get off the ground to come to feed. Love those various Sparrows too.

Lakeview, OH

I think our owl that we keep hearing at night(and sometimes during the day) is a Screech Owl, because any winter owls would be on their way north wouldn't they? We think we may have a pair because last night we heard two of them.

Marlton, NJ

Nice shots GP, Mrs Ed and adel !

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Brown Thrasher among Cherry Blosoms;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
South Hamilton, MA

Goldfinches have been clearing out our tube feeder on a daily basis.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

GP, enjoy those waxwings. They do love the berries.

Teddy, what a sight that owl must have been.

Mrs. Ed, nice shots of your sparrows and robin. Looks like the robin loved your pond.

Adel, love that stellar's. Could that pine siskin next to the jay be a song sparrow instead? Cute bird art with the other siskins!

Lily, love your thrasher and blossoms!

This young bald eagle had lunch in his talons, our usual sharp-shinned hawk, a group of house finches and a lesser goldfinch.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Klamath River, CA

Duc....I mislabled, it"s a Fox Sparrow, not a Siskin. Thanks for catching it.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

That's better yet Adel, I should have looked closer.

Klamath River, CA

The Tree Swallows showed up yesterday and were checking out the boxes.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

# 1&2 Pine Siskins in a testy mood. #3 A Dark-eyed Junco coming in to referee.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Lakeview, OH

It was not a owl that I have been hearing, it is frogs, my neighbor has a small manmade pond in his backyard and there are frogs in there.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Adel, great shots of your pine siskins and junco.

Teddy, glad you figured out it was frogs.

Like Adel, my tree swallows are still checking out the houses. Meanwhile, when they take off we've got to run out and clear out the nesting materials put there by the house sparrows! Here's some shots of my tree swallows and the female nuttall's woodpecker.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nice ones of the Siskin and Junco Adel. Love your Swallows Duc. Ours are also searching for nesting sites. But the treat today for me is the lone Swan. The bird is so beautiful. Funny thing was it was following the Pekin Ducks as if it wanted to protect them "little" ones. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Such beauty!

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.