Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 20, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9050353

Wanting to find Squash seeds. I have elderly neighbors who do not have enough food to get to the end of the month. I want to grow some extras for them. When I ask them what they like they both said any squash is a good squash. I have Cocozelle Zucchini, Dark Green Zucchini and Crockneck Squash. So anything other than that would be good. I am also looking for some Yellow, gold, orange or bi-color tomatoes. I do not have seeds for those this year. I do have reds started and going well. Also looking for "Yummy" Bell Pepper, a small yellow great tasting pepper. I have not been able to find the plants or seeds this year.

I have seeds I found cleaning out a place all dated 12/10 if anyone has an interest. I cannot guarantee they grow, the Zucchini I have sprouted is from these seeds.
Poinsett 76 Cucumber 6 pks
Dark Green Zucchini 6 pks
Early White Vienna Kohlrabi 8 pks
Oregan Giant Pea 3 pks
Hales Best Jumbo Cantalope 3 pks
Sparkler Radishes 3 pks
Grand Rapids Lettuce 4 pks
Purple Top White Globe Turnips 12 pks
Lemon Basil fresh from my garden 4 pks of 20 seeds each

Flowers same date 12/10
Heavenly Blue MG 20 pks
Tall Mixed color MG 8 pks
Lemondrop Marigold 6 pks
Little Bell MG fresh from my garden 6 pks 10 seeds each

My neighbors are 80 years old. He worked in the Navy more than 30 years and several other jobs up to 70 years old. The last sunday of last month...they had rice and carrots for dinner, nothing else. This is America and it makes me crazy they do not have enough food. I will trade seeds or Sase so I can grow things they like and fill in their diets more.
Thank you looking, I hope we can work together. I do not need large numbers of seeds.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 21, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9052256

How many squash plants do you have room to plant for them?
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 22, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9052396

check my trade page...I have a BUNCH of 2010 commercial Burpee seed packages that was donated to my garden club and they've gleened all they wanted from them and left me with the others. I keep them in original pkgs,in ziplock baggies,in a shoebox in my seed frig. I've been using them since they were given to me in '10...started some of the herbs late Feb. and so far everything has sprouted.

Peggy
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 22, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9053480

I have a space that is about 20 ft by 30 ft to use for squash. I have never grown alot of squash for some reason, but am motivated now. I had no idea there were so many kinds. I will try any seeds that are available. I have had good luck with older seeds so that is fine. LMK what ya'all are thinking.

Peggy, I looked at your list and you have the spagetti squash, I remember June telling me she loves those. Did I have some you want or could I send you SASE? I only saw that kind of squash on there.

Thank you Both.
Robyn
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 22, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9053522

I have several different kinds of squash, just not very many seeds of any one kind, so I'll go thru them all and just send you a few seeds from a few different kinds, if that will work. I'll go thru my seed stash and see what else I might find too! All I have for mater seeds are reds though, so can't help much with that one. I'll let you know what I find!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2012
3:55 AM

Post #9053612

let me go thur those seeds again...I'm sure I have more
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9053682

all I found was:the spaghetti squash,Burpee's Fordhook Zucchini and Black Beauty Zucchini...thought I had more but I guess I traded them away or used them up
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 23, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9053691

I really appreciate that. Thank you
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 23, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9053693

Do you want me to send you and SASE? Or did I have something you wanted?
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9054107

I don't really need any more seeds. Do you want all 3?
Ayrica
Castlewood, SD

March 23, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9054137

Moofiepoo,

I have several seeds of these varieties of winter squash... I'd gladly do SASE for you on them if you would like. These all are good producers. We always have plenty to share with our community. They are good keepers under the right conditions. Can be stored in a cool basement, or closet for awhile... or can be cooked up & frozen, also I have simply cut it up.. packaged it & frozen it without cooking it first. Very versatile. I feed my family with this throughout the winter. Very sweet of you to be thinking of your neighbors, let me know if something interests you ;-)

edited to add --> these are all varieties of winter squash

Blue Hubbard (Large)
Buttercup
Candy Roaster
Cushaw
Jumbo Pink Banana
Jarrahdale Pumpkin
Queensland Blue
Spahgetti
Sweet Dumpling (small single portions)
Sweet Meat

This message was edited Mar 23, 2012 1:21 PM
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 23, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9054295

Bigred...all three would be good if you don't mind. Thank you so much.

Ayrica...I have a trade with Blue Hubbard and Jumbo pink Banana. But would love each of the others. I am sending you a D-mail.

Skellogg I would like all three and I just found out they like eggplant too. I do not eat that so never thought of it. Sometimes I can have three gardens in a year here.

Thank you all so much. They will be so excited when they find out what I am up to.
I send anything we can't use to church with them to share. So nothing is wasted.
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 24, 2012
3:31 AM

Post #9054838

OK,I'll get them out to you Monday. Are you in DG addresses?
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

March 24, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9054859

Never mind...I found you.
P
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 24, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9055600

Donald...I got seeds from you today...what a wonderful surprise. THANK YOU so much. Somethings I have never heard of, They are greatly appreciated. You were very kind and generous.
Thanks again.
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 24, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9055601

Thank you all...you are very special people and I appreciate it.
NisiNJ
Bordentown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9059492

Moofiepoo, did you ever find a source for gold/orange/bicolored tomato seeds? If you didn't, I have some.

Denise
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

March 28, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9061042

Denise, I got three kinds. Did I have something you wanted? I can grow several times a year, so I am lucky enough to grow more kinds over the coarse of the year. I would like a few more kinds. Thanks
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2012
4:25 AM

Post #9067783

Moof,
did you get those squash seeds I sent?
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

April 3, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9068052

Yes Bigred, just yesterday. The post office changed the routes in my area and I have a different mailperson every day. A lot of stuff seems to be coming in late.
Going to plant some this weekend...Thank you so much Bigred...do I owe you some postage or anything?
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2012
9:42 AM

Post #9068160

Glad to hear it. I've been having packages go missing here too. Last week I got a cc statement for Jan.,looked like it had been in a ditch.Luckily I pay my bills on line.
No postage needed...glad to share.
caderacres
Morris, IL
(Zone 5b)

April 6, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9071953

Hello There,
I collected beefsteak tomato seeds last year and have more than enough to share. Nothing needed in return just let me know the address. If beefsteak is not what you need I also have kelloggs breakfast, and mandarian cross tomato. Or I can just send you some of all. I also have some black krim on the way from another trade.

I also have more than I need of winter squash burpees butternut seeds.

If you are still in need of more just let me know. My mom is the queen of seeds and trades and collects all year round. I am sure we can come up with more if needed. I also have more veggie seeds that you are welcome to. Just check my have list or dmail me back. I have not gotten everything listed.

Thanks Again Connie :)
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

April 6, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9072481

Connie you d-mail

WillowWasp

WillowWasp
Jones Creek, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 16, 2012
9:11 PM

Post #9085573

Moofiepoo, I have recived tomato seed from these people in years past. They were great and I just got new seed from them this year...check them out. .http://wintersown.org/wseo1/YourChoiceTomatoSASE.html
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

April 20, 2012
7:04 AM

Post #9089976

Thanks WillowWasp I will check that out.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America