Any Paso Fino fans or Peruvian Pasos?

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Just curious..We have 2 Thoroughbreds, a TWH, a MFT, and just got a really wonderful gem of a Paso Fino. What a marvelous personality! And easy on the back too! I don't have a Peruvian Paso yet but that is my last goal for different breeds of horses LOL

South Hamilton, MA

I saw a demonstration last April, but had no experience with them. I doubt if there are any around town as this is a jumping community.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I have no experience with them either but have ridden a few gaited horses over the years. Always interesting to ride.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We bred our Kentucky Mountain Pleasure / Standardbred mare to a Peruvian Paso / Standardbred stallion. The foal is turning 3 next month and he is a pleasure to ride. Has a very comfortable rack and a good personality.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

How is your paso fina doing?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Are you riding your Paso? Due to health problems and other problems, we have not ridden in quite a while.

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

We love the first Paso Fino so much! He has the most wonderful personality and really is like riding a flying carpet. It is a totally different ride and nothing like other gaited horses in feel. He's doing so well that his breeder contacted us and offered us another one that is a tri-color pinto and stunning. We named him D'Artagnan for his hair gene and personality. They look very high energy but this breeder breeds them for trail and personality and it really shows They are much nicer than some of the show ones I've seen IMHO I also have a TWH and MFT, as well as a Thoroughbred and TB/QH.

Hi addicted!! You have any pictures of rhem?

Richmond, TX

I love the flying carpet image!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I would love to see pics too.

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I'll see if this picture thing will work...I'm not the most computer savy person LOL This is the first Paso Fino, "Beamer" with my daughter on his 18th Birthday party. She totally adores him and he seems to feel the same way about her LOL She made a whole Birthday Party for him and he took it all in stride.....

Thumbnail by addicted2plants
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

This is the Pinto Paso Fino: I haven't gotten to ride him yet because my girls keep taking him. He is Mr. Personality too...and has the Fabio hair gene LOL His name is D'Artagnan. I'm going NUTS through this Winter wanting to RIDE!!!!

Thumbnail by addicted2plants

I will ride if it's not snowing or raining and temps are not much below freezing. Unless I'm inside then who cares. LOL. I rarely get to ride so I jump on whenever I get the offer!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They are really pretty boys. We have not been able to ride since early last spring. Life gets in the way of fun. Hoping DH masters his prosthetic leg and can ride this summer. Pep I wish you lived close to me. I'd have you on my horses all the time.

I wish I was closer too!! I really miss riding. I may have a place to ride when the weather warms up. A friend of mine's dad has some horses that never get ridden and I have been told I can ride there. So I am gonna take him up on his offer.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That will be a win win situation.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images