Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Vegetable Gardening: COTTON BURR COMPOST where to buy in the Dallas, TX area ?

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Vegetable GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

drthor

drthor
Irving, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9051303

I have been using the Cotton Burr Compost on my vegetable garden for four years.
Actually that was 1/3 of my starting mix.
I absolutely love it.
I am guessing that it became too expensive and the nurseries around here stopped to carry it.
In my new vegetable bed I used "Vital earth" compost , but it doesn't seem as good as the Cotton Burr Compost.

Please let me know if you have seen it for sale in the Dallas - Forth Worth area.

dreaves

dreaves
Hutto, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9051310

The Back-to-Nature company has cotton hull compost. http://www.backtonaturecompost.com/cbc.html

According to their website, there are several distributors in the Dallas area, including the surrounding towns. One is bound to be close to you.

http://www.backtonaturecompost.com/findourproducts.html#Texas

drthor

drthor
Irving, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9051353

Thanks so much dreaveas.
Just a few stores around me carry it now ...
I used to find it everywhere.

stephanietx

stephanietx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9054286

Check the Nature's Guide website. I think that's the right name. That's the kind we buy and I'm fairly certain they have a store locator on their website. If you're near Redenta's they many have it as well.
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9054670

The Back to Nature is what I have, but all the nurseries around here have Cotton Burr Compost. The price seems to be about the same always... I haven't check the big box stores but the local nurseries...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vegetable Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very important question farmgirl21 31 Jan 8, 2008 12:31 AM
Need Source For Chinese Vegetable Seed berrygirl 18 Jun 15, 2008 7:21 PM
An accidental lesson Farmerdill 26 Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM
Planting the "Three sisters" HilltopDaisy 94 Jul 6, 2011 3:38 AM
Rhubarb emilyrasmus 19 Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America