Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

2012 Central TX RU in Hempstead April 14th Food List

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Put your yummies here! (food allergies anyone?)

I'll start. ^_^

Heather (gr8cayte) -- humus and sprout sandwiches (with sprouts I will grow for the occasion) and some type of bread
Joy (rouxcrew) -- coffee, tea, cups, plates, napkins and plastic ware
Janet (bariolio) -- a sugar free, low carb cheesecake and a low carb lasagna dish
peony1066 -- baked ham (cold of course). I can also bring some drinks, if someone has suggestions. (Dr. Pepper?!?)
Carey (careyana) -- mixed veggie platter with dip
steadycam3 -- pasta/vegetable dish with Alfredo sauce
Gymgirl--"Lilly Mae's Greens" AND red beans and rice (hint hint) ^_^

This message was edited Apr 12, 2012 8:00 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll bring a sugar free, low carb cheesecake and a low carb lasagna dish :)

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I will bring some baked ham (cold of course). I can also bring some drinks, if someone has suggestions.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I can bring a mixed veggie platter with dip. :)

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I will bring a pasta/vegetable dish with Al Fredo sauce.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

This sounds so great guys! I will also have some of our artisan goat cheese. Definitely some blueberry chevre, maybe some Mozzarella and Swiss. Depends on what I make between now and then.

Joy

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooooh, Joy. As the commercial says, "I like cheese!"

Looks like we will have 10 Dg'ers and their guests, I didn't do an accurate head count but if you simply multiply by 2, we will have a nice gathering. need to be sure we are updated on what food you will bring so I know where to fill in the blanks. I will either bake a loaf of bread or pick up some Artisan bread for the ham. I have plenty of condiments and will have iced tea, lemonade and a collection of canned drinks we didn't use at our sheepdog trial.

Thanks,

Joy

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Joy, I'm bringing rolls for my mini sandwiches. It's no problem for me to pick up another type of bread. Unless you love baking in the heat ;-) (cuz isn't it hot where you are?) Cya soon!

Heather

That is fine if you like. Wouldn't be in the kitchen anyway, will be outside trying to tame the back like I am doing today.

Thanks, are you going to get more rolls?

Joy

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes, I'll bring more (and different) rolls. ^_^

Heather

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Uh, ya'll wanna try a batch of "Lilly Mae's Greens?" as a side with that ham?

Sandi can tell ya'll about 'em...

Sounds awesome!

Ok. Put me down for a batch!

Ya'll want some red beans and rice, too?

Would love them, thanks!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I will bring some 2 ltr cokes and diet coke. I hope this helps :)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, Sandy is over loaded with homework so if it is okay, I'll bring the cokes.

And I can testify to the Lilly Mae's Greens!!! The best I have ever eaten!!!
:~)

Smockette,
You're coming???!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I was wondering where Sandy disappeared to!

Can't wait! It's almost tomorrow!

Are we there yet???

Joy,
When you see my little girls, PLEASE let the baby animals loose!!! Oh, my! I have to remember the camera or the car charger!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes I am packed down with homework due tues and not going to be able to make it :( :( :( I wanted so bad to be there. Smockette is bringing the cokes I promised. Hugs to all of you and I would still like manure if Smockette doesn't object bring it home with her.

I am going to try my darnedest to be at the April 28th one. If homework is lighter. By then I will be going Mon, Wed, and Fri. Hope to see all of you there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.