Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Fruit: apple powdery mildew - can i save my tree?

Communities > Forums > Beginner Fruit
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FruitReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
junebuginzone7b
Lawrenceville, GA

March 22, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9052522

I have 2 apple trees in large containers I was keeping alive until I got a house. Its been a year now since I got them at the nursery as 5 gallon trees and planted them in containers. They are covered in what looks like apple powdery mildew. I have treated them with fruit and tree spray a few times but they don't look any better. Should I give up and throw them out? Can the mildew transfer to mynew veggie seedlings? Thanks for any help!!

Thumbnail by junebuginzone7b
Click the image for an enlarged view.

birke
Broward County, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 23, 2012
1:44 PM

Post #9054228

Try a mix of strong garlic and onion tea. I would not use boiling water and let it sit for 2 days and them add some milk before you spray.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Fruit Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blackberries, blueberries and strawberries... RyanandRachel 15 Mar 9, 2007 9:11 PM
Cuttings from Old Apple Tree wildgardengirl 4 Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM
Strawberries HighCntryGrdnr 18 Sep 4, 2012 6:23 PM
wondering about the fig trees sslopoke 4 Apr 14, 2007 12:26 AM
Queen Ann Cherry Trees lafko06 1 Apr 16, 2007 2:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America