Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: DJ'S " APRIL " PERENNIAL SWAP SIGN UP

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 425, Views: 2,729
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9054047

THIS IS A MONTHLY PLANT SWAP SHARE PLANTS WITH OTHER

MAIL OUT APRIL25 TH

SHARE YOUR WISH & HAVE LIST BELOW IF YOU ARE NEW TO OUR SWAPS
WE ASK THAT YOU SEND AT LEASE 5 WELL ROOTED PLANTS
BULBS ,CUTTINGS, SEEDLINGS MAYBE SHARED IF YOU ASK YOUR PARTNER BUT THEY ARE NOT COUNTED AS A ROOTED PLANT .

PLEASE CHECK YOUR PARTNERS WISH LIST OR HAVES

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

HERE IS A CHAT LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH US
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246832/

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU ARE READY TO MAIL TO YOUR PARTNER SO THEY WILL BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE THE
PLANTS ALSO POST WHEN YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOX .
& SHARE WHAT YOU RECEIVED WITH US PLEASE .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2012

Post #9054048

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00----*****FOTV/ REC'D****
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY ---DEEJAY9/SENT-----
2--CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS ----DEEJAY9------POISONDARTFROG
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----HAPPGARDEN
1--SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY----FOTV ------
2---POISONDARTFROG / ------JSXTIGER----CZIMMERMAN
1--HAPPGARDEN-------WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
1--CHEERMOM /SUE G-----MINNESIPPI
1--MINNESIPPI /-----CHEERMOM
1--DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA-------TATERS/LK
1--JSXTIGER---POISONDARTFROG
1--TATERS55 /LK------ANITA

This message was edited Apr 5, 2012 6:25 AM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 23, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #9054385

Please put me down for April, Susie. I'm so glad it's that time of year again.
Already have some plants divided and potted up.
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

March 23, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9054527

I would like to join in the april swap. Will post my list later

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

March 23, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9054641

Hi...Willl have goodies to share after all. The month of March has been rather warm here just as many others around the country. So far only a trace of precipt. for the month of March, will be dragging out the sprinklers tomorrow.

DEEJAY...how we going to do this swap, are you assigning names or what, not sure, thought I better ask, lol.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 23, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9054675

Kathy, I need to dig up our D-mail about the trades we talked about last Fall. Time flies. Has all your snow melted yet?
I think Susie's plan is to list our partners directly on each month's thread. That'll give her a break from having to keep up so much.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

March 23, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9054680

Ok..so you wanna trade with me first????? LOL. I feel like a dummy sometimes. If you find that list let me know where it is, ok? Hey look at this nifty pix I got for ya.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9054696

I'm in for April.
is my first time with this swap, i have many questions. How large of a plant? Does the plants need to be bare root or do we send rooted in a clump of soil?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9054872

Gm & welcome to all
Judy as for plant size you your judgement as to the size you would be happy with from someone else .
or you would buy from the store .
usually we just wash most of the dirt from the roots & then wrap a moist paper towel around the roots then i use a newspaper to wrap in & then Save my bread sacks to ship them in work well .

yes i will assign everyone a partner , BUT if you & another player would like to do a trade Please let me know
& I will set you up if your doing two trades let me know this will help me allot.

I will be able to share with 2 players a month so if you want to do a trade with me just let me know it will help allot if you all can let me know who you would like to do a trade with that would really really help me :)))
then i can assign the rest .

well its cloudy & wet but i hope to pot up a few plants today . have a safe weekend.

oh if your new & you sign up please give us your name please

deejay9/susie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 24, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9054903

Ok, I am in. Will start updating my list this week as the kids are here!!

Susie. Just let me know if you are ready for the plants I am sending to you and they will get sent out!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9054998

Add me Susie. One trade is fine, but I can do two trades if needed.
Thanks, Alana
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

March 24, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9055160

I can do two trades.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9055568

Ok if you GAL's see's something on someones trade or have list & want to do a trade with them ask them then let me know so I can set the trades then if you just want to do another with anyone I Can set that up also :))))

CAN YOU BELIEVE I GOT MY 1ST SPRING HILL ORDER IN THE MAIL TODAY .
1 80166 HARDY GLAD MIX 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 16394 CORNFLOWER 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86181 RHODODENDRON POLARNACHT 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86178 RHODODENDRON CAPISTRANO 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86177 PIERIS JAPONICA MOUNTAIN FIRE 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86179 RHODODENDRON DOUBLE BESSE 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 86176 AZALEA MOLLALLA RED 04/02/12-04/23/12
1 11106 LACED ROMEO CARNATION 04/02/12-04/23/12

Love my order :))) & Will order more when price is right :))) well I Had to get me a new Printer today & after two trips to town & Back I Findly have one that works :) so now I can keep track of so much more :)))

welcome alana will get you added soon
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9055731

WOW... can't believe you guys have so many plants already ready for a 5 plant swap! I only have 4 ready to go, but I have 9 of my big hosta from where I divided it. lol And my arrowhead plant momma needs to be trimmed. Also have some airplane/spider plant babies big enough to pot up, but probably only 1 or 2 times right now.

I guess I just have to wait until some of my ws'ing plants are big enough to trade to get in on this. I have to keep telling myself "you just got your gardens going or in mind, it will take a while". :-) I need to run by the other house and see if there is anything there that I could dig up and pot. I know I had some ajuga, lily of the valley, sedum, hosta...hmmm, that's all I can think of. It is a small garden. I had roses in all the beds in the back yard with a few iris, zinnia and bachelor buttons.

You all have fun this month and I will catch you later on.

I have several things from trades that are just coming up. I didn't know if they would or not. I'm so happy. Several new cactus that I got last fall are really perking up. One of then has the "cobwebs" on the top that I think is so neat, but still very small. Lost a few of them, but they are all named.
Fruity, the Tiger Lily Citronella that you sent me I thought had died, but it is putting up TWO shoots. Yea! Also the Monarda that was in pots are all doing well. The Spider Wart made it through the winter, I wasn't sure it was going to.

OK, enough rambling for now. Will catch up to you all later!

Crit

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 25, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9056027

GM all still a little rainy but clearing off to be a nice warm sunny day :) i have lots of cleaning beds to do today &
have to move my Brugs back up closer to the house so i donn;t have so far to take them in Monday night so i can carry them in weather guy is calling for frost monday night into Tuesday.
our peach tree & cherry tree is all blossomed out even the redbud tree has buds this morning.

well everyones getting ready to go to church this morning & I Hope to get some ME TIME here before starting Lunch
so you all have a great day .

crit we will look forward to you joining us later in May .

susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 25, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9056135

Good morning all, I would like in the April swap.
I sure wouldn't of thought I would have had anything to swap with, but almost everything is up and the spirng flowers are burnt up...sad, but love the weather.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9056677

I'll do two swaps for April as well, Susie. Anybody you set me up with is fine.

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

March 25, 2012
10:15 PM

Post #9057041

Please count me in for April Susie!

Sue G
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 26, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9057295

Me for April too :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9058082

I'm in for April.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

March 26, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #9058117

...jumping in the april pool!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 26, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9058183

Wow, what a great group and growing.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 26, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9058224

I AGREE SUSAN :))))
Planting some seeds today anyone tell me about a rattle bush ??? & How do i do the seeds & will they bloom the same year ? dose it need shade or full sun ??? i have 6-8 seeds i was going to plant but couldn't find anything about it .

well I Have a New Printer now so going to go learn how to use it :) ya all have a great evening .
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 26, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9058284

If this is what you're looking for, it would be an annual there unless you were able to bring the tree-size plants in.

One comment says soak and then nick the seeds for germination:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/77138/

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/nativeshrubs/sesbaniadrum.htm

Good luck with the new printer, I'm on a learning curve with a new laptop.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9058833

TY SUSAN wonder why that ifo didn't come in for me ? guess all search engines are not alike . ty .
ok not sure if this will confuss you all but if you have other members you would like to do a trade with
please let me know .
Here is how I'm going to keep track
IF YOUR DOING 2 OR MORE TRADES JUST LET ME KNOW THE ONES YOU HAVE SET UP & THEN I WILL SET YOU UP WITH ANOTHER TRADE.
JUST LET ME KNOW HOW MAY TRADES YOU WANT TO DO FOR THIS MONTH .(APRIL)

TRADES PENDING
2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00-------
2--FOTV /SUSAN/------
2--CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS ----DEEJAY9------
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY
SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY
MUD_ELF / KRIS
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9059645

Susie, since Kathy and I are trading privately, I'm still open to send to 2 more participants. It doesn't matter if they're the same folks you pick to send to me. How you work out the matches is perfectly fine with me.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9059710

JUST TELL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRADE WITH SOMEONE & HOW MANY TRADES YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS MONTH. GOOD NIGHT ALL .

TRADES PENDING
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----FOTV /SUSAN---
SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY
MUD_ELF / KRIS
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9059737

Well let's see...

Elfie, if you still want bulbs I can fix you up and add plants to boot.
And Judy, I have a several plants that are on your wants list.

czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

March 28, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9060078

Diamond9192002 and i have just recently done a trade.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9060184

Fruity that sounds good. Am I supposed to send you plants too?? I am having great results with all the mini hostas I bought last year. I need to take some pics. Would you like some of them?? I have other plants too.

Ralph took the kids fishing this morning so I am home alone!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9060255

Susie, since Kathy and I have been working out a private trade since last year, would you please remove her as one of my April trades? That way she'll have an opportunity to send to someone else.

For my 2 boxes, I'll send to and receive from Judy and Elfie. Thanks for your note, Judy. I'm glad we're able to work together.
Elfie, that sounds good and I wouldn't mind having a plug of your Elfin Thyme. Mine bit the dust.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9060727

ok we have is this right

TRADES PENDING
2--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY & MUD_ELF / KRIS
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----
SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY----FOTV
MUD_ELF / KRIS----FOTV
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9060815

Looks great to me. TY Susie.

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 28, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9060885

Susie, I have trades with Oberon and CZimmerman.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9060893

ANITA Your doing the trades Now ???? or for APRIL ????

HERE IS WHAT I WAS WORKING ON TODAY WITH JIM I Potted up all the IRISES That didn't get into the Ground last fall & I Put Pot & Plant down in the ground & put MULCH Around the Pots this way the irises will have a better start Once they are rooted i can put them in the new beds when they get BUILT :) & Just a couple of my Blooms :)

well i need to go look for my ma Duck So i can get her into the Barn for the night was to sore to go play Bingo so decided to play here instead :)

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9
Click an image for an enlarged view.

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 28, 2012

Post #9060903

I have not mailed anything yet. I did get one trade but I can't plant safely, yet. The way things look, I can safely mail in April.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 28, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9060906

Im shipping to many people already so it doesnt matter who I am partnered with :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9060923

What plant is that in the 5th photo? Primrose, something else? It looks interesting.
I hope Jim dug the holes for you. Lots of work there.

That's how I'm planning to do some Cannas this year, in the ground in pots. What I do not look forward to is digging holes for large pots in our clay-based soil that's laden with rocks.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 28, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9060931

You said at least five plants? 5 of one kind, or five of any kind?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9060981

Your gardens are looking good Susie. Take advantage of having Jim to help you while you can! I've been working on weeding the beds that are not covered in leaves. I have 2 area's still covered in leaves that I hesitate to clear until I know it isn't going to freeze again.

We had 3 pine trees along the road/driveway die this winter. DH cut them down and burnt the stumps. He was going to put in burmuda starts and get some grass growing. I was looking at it today and thought that would be a GREAT place for another flower bed! And it would be a full sun which I do not have a lot of. I am going to put down some barrier, then edge it with some of the huge sandstone we have on our place. Then I can fill it up with dirt and have another great bed! I'm so excited. ^-^

Had DH pick up some more allergy meds for me this afternoon. My sinus' are draining and making me cough. When I lie down at night I start coughing and nothing will stop it! Thank God they make a 24 hour allergy med just for what I have!!!! Tree pollen here is at 9888. UGH!!! Things are yellow everywhere from the oak tree pollen.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9061025

minnesippi : I Just need to know if you have a trade pending with anyone in this swap so i don't match you up again .

Yes CRIT JIM Is doing the digging & Hauling the Mulch . So I Have it made :)

SUSAN : That is a Yellow Primrose My gardening friend over town has 100's of them all colors & I Have to go get more for she is moving.

Oberon46 : At lease 5 DIFFERENT Plants , Many of us Just fill a Box with as many type as we can fit in the box that is not on our partners list :) or we try :)

well it is time to lay this old sore body down I couldn't even go to BINGO I Was Just so tired tonight so you all have a great evening.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 28, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9061173

I am sending plants to you, Elfie, Crit, Kathy, Anita and Emmett - either JoePye, Bleeding heart, both or something else.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9061200

Ok, I am sending to Fruity and a box to Susie., right?? Also need to see if I owe Minnesippi postage??
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9061210

Patti, I hate you lost those pine trees. Over the years, we've lost quite a few diseased White Pines around the perimeter of our property. On the bright side, think of all the plant possibilitie you'll finally be able to grow in your brand new Full Sun garden!

Love my Full Sun gardens, unless it's just too hot and humid to work in them, mainly in July and August. My small part shade garden is sheltered by our utility building, but it still gets late afternoon Sun. I keep cramming more plants in it. Isn't there always room for just one more?

Well, Susie, I finally got one right guessing it's a Primrose, and it's a beauty too. When you go back to your friend's house, would you please save some for me? I'm sure I can find something to exchange with you in return.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9061240

Yep Elfie, we're exchanging. One of the plants in my garden that I'm going to send to you has "Elf" in it's name. That's the only clue you get until you open your box of plants and solve the mystery.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9061612

TRADES PENDING
YES ELFFIE :))) FOR APRIL :)
SUSAN I WILL BE SURE TO GET MANY MINE ARE BLOOMING ALREADY & i THINK SHIVERING THIS MORNING .ITS ONLY IN THE 30'S

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00-------MUD_ELF-----
2--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY & MUD_ELF / KRIS
MUD_ELF / KRIS----FOTV -----DEEJAY9
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 29, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9061767

Elfie - I would need to see what size box I can fit everything in. The sooner I send, the smaller the box. I will be out there this weekend basking in my sanctuary :) and should be able to get everything boxed up for everyone.
56° today and possible record breaker Sunday of 83° that has been held since 1882
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #9061804

Yea minne!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9061987

we had record setting 2 wks ago & Now the temps are dropping where they normally are & had a small frost this morning . so don't hurry the plants let them grow a bit so that they won't wilt or die from the change of temps .

we all want to get right out & Dig but I Have found that some plants do not like to be rushed so be carefull. we want everyone to receive nice healthy plants .

ya know i told you i receive my 1st plant order from spring hill well Have any of you ordered from them ???
if you got your order did you get a game pouch in the box ??? i got one for $68.75 worth of gifts but it dose not say how to redeem it . so i called the comp today , they knew nothing about the game pouch.
so i had to take picture of it & Send it to them waiting to hear back from them .
just wondered if any of you had gotten one or not .
front back & Inside of it

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 29, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9062260

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1249596/

Froggie swap is open...
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 29, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9062322

I ordered from them several years ago and didn't get a game pouch. I barely got my peony. And when I did it was about 5" long and all curled up and gnarly. But after three years it produced the most beautiful flowers. Never can tell.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2012
6:27 PM

Post #9062505

Susie, my partial order from Springhill came this week. First time I've ordered from them too, and don't have much hope for the bareroot Aster that came in a plastic bag. I've only grown them from plants or cuttings, but like you said, Mary, you just never know in the long run. The box didn't have a game pouch, but it did have a separate mylar envy with three gardening "cards" they were called, that were punched to fit in a notebook. I barely glanced at them since I wasn't interested in ordering the series but looked like they were tips you'd find in a magazine. I'll check the trash bin on the back porch tomorrow to see if I can find more info for you. I'm pretty sure they were a 3rd party offer.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

March 29, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9062747

minn...I owe you a trade from last summer? And am I the Kathy you mentioned above? I'm sorry, I'm attempting to keep all this comprehendable. (hope I spelled that right, lol)...

Susie...if you manage to keep all this stuff straight we should give you a big prize, lol. Ok, hugs!!

I am thinking everyone is more than ready for gardening this year...or is it the weather? lol. Been watering my garden the last few days, been so breezy here. The weather forcast is saying maybe rain on Sunday (only a 10% chance tho. Anyone ever learn how to do a rain dance, please share info...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9062924

Kathy with the help of all the players it will be kept straight :))) Just don't put me on the DONALD trump show as a project manager for i 'm sure i would make some of them look really bad :))) Kidding.

I was rereading that Game Pouch & Yes it is a free Binder with Info cards of sorts & I don't want it Now if they wanted to send me free PLANTS I Would Take them :)

so far ALL OF THE PLANTS I ORDERED From them are looking great. Azaleas & Rhododendron's & cornflower
just a little dark in here to take good pictures it is getting ready to storm the thunder is moving in now :) .
so you all have a great day I have to go cut Margaret a few flowers to take to her friend .
back later

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9062925

TULIPS Of the DAY

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 30, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9062963

Kathy - I will check my emails. I cant rightly say off hand. I have everyone written on my patio door at home who wanted side trades of joe or BH.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9063323

Susie, those are some good looking plants!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9063459

for anyone who had not heard of this yet
time for the FROGGIE SWAP BY LK/TATTERS

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1249596/#new
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 30, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9063696

Evening everyone.

Wow those look great, Susie. I know how much you wanted some Rhoddies. Wish I could go up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and dig some, but that's Federal Land. They've been growing there for many years and are huge, looking more like trees than shrubs.

The first two pics show an assortment of Tulips and nodding Frittalarias blooming now that came from you. Last pic is Tulip 'Mona Lisa' I purchased a couple of years ago.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9063750

I love the rhoddies, my Brother has them in his yard, in Bremerton Washington, and they grow wild on the side of the roads too! So pretty!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 31, 2012
4:39 AM

Post #9063998

Susie, I think I have at least one thing from every list posted on the wish list thread so far and should be comfortable sending to anyone. Pair me in a way that is easiest for you. I am off for a few days and will try to update my definite "haves" this weekend.
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2012
4:42 AM

Post #9064001

so you have my Frittalarias :) they look great in your gardens . I don't think they like my soil .
I'm hoping i can keep them alive not sure if they will make it here or not .
time will tell i guess :)

well daddy is ready to get up so you all have a great day back later after BKF :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9064019

ev1 eating i'm reading & Haven my coffee we have one more week then i will assign partner so if you know of others who might want to join us tell them to come get signed up .

alana i think i know who your partner will be but it might have to change ya pending on if others sign up or not
this is going to be a great swap this year :) .

well daddy wats to get back in his chair so you all have a great weekend hope to play out side later today when it warms up has been very wet & cold here the pass 4 days .

HAPPY GARDENING
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9068384

Susie, since Elfie and I aren't exchanging after all, would you please adjust your post up there on March 29th to reflect still have one box available and am looking for another partner. Anybody interested?

Where is everybody? Out planting, playing, resting? What a picture perfect day it is here.

Edited because my fat fingers and this laptop don't get along so well...lol

This message was edited Apr 3, 2012 6:28 PM
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 3, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9068413

I can do another box for april too, since my trade with diamond9192002 (anita) was in march. (My part).

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9068521

ok let me know if this is right or not ALSO GOING TO SET YOU UP WITH A PARTNER ON WEDS NIGHT KEEP WATCH IT MAY BE BEFORE I GO TO BINGO TO WIN THE JP☺☺☺

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00-------MUD_ELF-----*****FOTV/ REC'D****
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY ---DEEJAY9
MUD_ELF / KRIS-----DEEJAY9
2---POISONDARTFROG /
HAPPGARDEN
CHEERMOM /SUE G
MINNESIPPI /
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
JSXTIGER

OK GOTTA SHARE WHAT BROTHER JIM & I DONE TODAY . WHILE HE LOADED OUR COMPOST I DUG UP PLANTS & CAME HOME TO PLANT MOST BUT TO SHARE MANY :)
& THEN I HAD THE HELP OF FRANKIE & MOLLY
WELL OFF TO PUT THEM IN FOR THE NIGHT & GO SIT WITH DADDY TILL JIM GETS BACK FROM TAKEN MARGARET TO THE TRAIN STATION. YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT EVENING IN CASE I DON'T GET BACK ON TONIGHT .

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9068619

Looking good, Susie, and always love seeing Frankie. I'm assuming Molly is his girl :)

It was a busy day here too dividing plants I put in pots for either this month or later ones, and planted a few daylilies I received from Oakes on Saturday, courtesy of a birthday gift certificate. Have any of you ordered from them before? This was my first time, and let me tell you, these folks are very generous, at least for the ones I ordered that were all in the $10 range, and they sent 2 bonuses. I'm looking forward to spreading them around to many of you as they grow and multiply.

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 3, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9068622

I have ordered from them several years ago and yes, they are really nice with the bonus' and nice plants too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9068695

We have a nearby Daylily Farm owned by the sweetest Amish lady with whom I've become friends with over the years, and did my best to order a few from Oakes that I didn't see in her printed catalog last year. It's down right dangerous spending an afternoon with her, especially in June when her fields are simply gorgeous loaded with blooms. No matter when I've been there, she has a table set up in the shade offering free tea or lemonade, sandwiches, and homemade goodies, like chocolate brownies. Hard to resist both the blooms and food :)

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 3, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9068741

Neat. I would spend every afternoon there with my crocheting

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9069144

TY susan these primrose are so pretty & fresh . hope they are still in bloom when they reach you going to try to mail them today .
just got daddy up & hes back in his chair so now i will go off & work on the partners so i can get them posted
later .

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9069149

Hey crit did you want to join us for april swap .
ALSO PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY NOON IF I HAVE YOUR TRADES RIGHT . IF YOU CAN

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00-------MUD_ELF-----*****FOTV/ REC'D****
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY ---DEEJAY9
1--SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY----FOTV
2---POISONDARTFROG /
1--HAPPGARDEN
1--CHEERMOM /SUE G
1--MINNESIPPI /
1--DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
1--JSXTIGER
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 4, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9069355

Some pics from my garden..
1. Blue flax
2.white iris
3.bergenia
4.tulips

Thumbnail by czimmerman00   Thumbnail by czimmerman00   Thumbnail by czimmerman00   Thumbnail by czimmerman00

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 4, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9069521

My first sprout up next to the house is bleeding heart. Course, it has no snow on top, has heat from the house, faces the rising sun for hours. But it gives hope that spring is coming for us.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 4, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9069548

Love seeing pictures of your blooms. I'm relieved to see that you all divide your plants and put in a temporary holding area. I want to divide my trades when I have days off but was afraid to do it for I was ready to ship. My ko roses are growing like crazy. I cut back for the ease of shipping.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9069595

WAITTING TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE ONCE TO SIGN UP SURE COULD USE ONE MORE MEMBER OR I WILL BE HAPPY TO TAKE ON ONE MORE :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9069613

I can sign up if bulbs are OK, I just don't have any plants other than roses and morning glories right now. I can get some bulbs really easy!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9069788

ANITA CAN YOU CALL ME BEFORE 5PM MY TIME 4PM YOURS

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9069801

OK HERE ARE YOUR PARTNERS THEY WILL ALSO BE POSTED AT THE TOP YOU CAN GO TO THERE TRADE PAGE OR TO THE WISH LIST PAGE WE HAVE .

GOING OUT TO BINGO BACK IN THE MORNING HAVE A GREAT EVENING LET ME KNOW IF I MADE ANY MISTAKES .

LK YOU MIGHT LIKE TO GO LIST A FEW WISHES SO JUST MAYBE YOUR PARTNER MIGHT FIND SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YA :)))

YOUR PARTNERS ARE SUSAN I KNOW YOU SAID 3 SO IF ANYONE ELSE SIGNS UP I WILL ASSIGN THEM TO YOU & I ALSO CAN DO THREE IF ANYONE SIGNS UP .

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9070454

Thanks Susie. Chris and JSX, I will likely mail to you late this week or early next week. Let me know if that is bad timing for you. I'm going to review those wish lists and trade lists right now with a cup of coffee and see what matches I have.
This is the fun part!
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2012
4:45 AM

Post #9070462

GM your right alana this is the best time :) i just sent susans yesterday UPS . today going to try to get my wood chips spread out . & more weeding done .

going to be harder to work out side with Margaret not here . so have to do what we can when we can. will off to get BKF so ya have a great day .
susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9071208

Thanks for the heads up, Susie.

Judy, I'm planning to mail your plants the week of April 16th and will send the DC # to you and Susie.

Like you said, Alana, now the fun begins!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9071230

OMG! I did not know peoples werz sending boxes already!!! so manyyy eagaer beavers! i gotta git busy!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 5, 2012
8:49 PM

Post #9071412

Hi...I got my trade from Fruitie... And it was packed with so many goodies, will get a pix tomorrow and post. Yeah... I'm the first!!!! THANKYOU SUSAN!!!!

Pix: BIG SMILE!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9071612

Dosen't FRUITY pack a WALLOP OF A BOX :) ??? OK WAIT A SEC so you also did a side trade with fruity ::???
she is a busy lady this month :)
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY ---DEEJAY9/REC'D &SENT--WARRIORWISDOM/REC'D
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----HAPPGARDEN----FOTV/REC'D--

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9071649

Can't wait to see what you got from Fruity!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9071737

Sorry deejay ... just read your post to me. No, I wasn't going to try a trade yet as I don't have that much that I could trade. Haven't been on the computer much as I have been busy, busy, busy working outside in the beautiful weather! We are back down in the 70's for a high, so I'm not going out until usually after lunch when it warms up. I really want to get in on some of the swaps, as I need more variety of plants! Hopefully I will have some for next month. WS'ing jugs are doing well. Now, if there is just something I have that someone would want. :-)

Going to get a load of dirt this morning for the new bed we are making along the road and to fill in some of my other beds that need a bit. Pretty pricey, but it is just down the road from me so that makes it handy. Guess I'll pay the difference for convenience.

See you all around. Can't wait to see what people are getting!!!!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2012
8:37 AM

Post #9071830

I have mailed my box to Chris and sent her the DC number. Jax wants surprises so I will have to ruminate on what I have to send that is surprising for a couple of days and post when I get hers in the mail.
Yipee!
Alana
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 6, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9071858

I have mailed to alana & sent her the dc number.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9071874

ok sounds great & I just wanted to say that as for Pictures some might not have camera's so Please just make a list as to what you got ok so others can maybe know what not to send you in another trade :)))) .

busy morning my debit card has been compromised so had to get a new one so spent the morning at the bank .
guess i won't buy online any more .

off to put lunch on back later .
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 6, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9071898

Bad news on the credit card. Scares me to death. I balance mine monthly and verify charges against the tickets we keep but still a lot of damage could be done in a month. But I think D checks it off and on online during the month 'cuz he 'inquires' about my purchases every once in a while. Keeps me honest. lol Well, sort of.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9072108

Susie, I hate it when that happens! Hubby had his compromised a few years ago, and someone was trying to send $900.00 to someone in Germany! When he called the bank to put stops on them, they were trying it again, as he was on the phone! Sure messes up everything!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9072231

a guy in lincoln nebraska address but a rhode island phone # bought crazy shirts from hawaii with my debit card for over 250.00 i said no way , then someone ordered from macy's in ohio for another 80+dollars but my bank contacted me about them so i could put a stop on them gotta love my banks security only the 264.dollar one went through already but i will get it back . so i feel better now that i have my card cancled o more can be bought & I do not have to pay for what was bought .

my alergies are getting to me this evening jim is mowing the yard while i set in with daddy he dose not like to be alone for even 10 mins he says what if i die sure can put ya on a guilt trip don;t ya think ???
susan i hope your box arrived today for there is no ups on the weekend is there ?

well i'm going to go fix me a hot tea so ya all have a great evening.
susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9072463

Yes, ma'am! And what a fabulous assortment of plants you shared with me.

First the Yellow Primrose literally popped out of the box, how beautiful it is, then the fucshia one along with a Pulmonaria / Lungwort with sweet pink and blue blooms and spotted foliage.

Next were 7 Spacecoast Daylilies...YES! You know how much I wanted to have some of these and am thrilled. Just sat down a few minutes ago after being outside since around 8 this morning and need to look these up.

My Daisy collection has just exploded, since before today my only came from happ several years ago. My newest ones are Crazy Daisy, Painted Daisy, Denver's Daisy, and Marguerite.

And if all those weren't generous enough, at the bottom of the box was a pretty woodland Fern just beginning to unfurl it's fronds, looks so delicate, and a start of a tall ornamental Variegated grass.

Wow! It's a great feeling being downright overwhelmed and overjoyed at the same time. Not going to jinx my luck saying thank you for the plants, but I will say Thank You for Being My Gardening Friend :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 6, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9072529

Getting things together :)
Side trades will be ready to go tomorrow. Need to dig 3 more for my swap box. Ran out of daylight today. Hoping for nice weather tomorrow so I can get it done and get it out too.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9072811

Look as they needed a drink but seem to have shipped very well :) there was one or two of the DL's that were not sc :) for some reaso a couple of them are not multipling like the rest so guess i need more fertilizer on them this spring.
it is quit a frosty morning here had to cover many plants last night & again tonight & 3 nights next week . they say possible snow furriers next week also just knew it was just to good to be true all this warm weather .

trying to get my wash done this morning so i can play outside later today more mulch to spread going to put it on thick . hope i do't kill the plants also .

susan happy you like & chris I Hope to get your box out this next week if we do not get the snow .
have a great weekend all & I will check back in later today .
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9072880

My buddy and I are awaiting a bit, she just got snow, it is wet and cool here but thank goodness no snow...rofl. I am missing the high 80's we were having, just knew Mom nature would take a turn.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #9072912

SAME HERE HAPP SO PLEASE THAT IS FINE FOR EVERYONE IF YOU FIND THAT MOTHER NATURE IS
NOT BEING NICE TO YOUR GARDENS PLEASE JUST LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW OR LET ME KNOW.
JIM JUST WENT TO GET THE MATERIAL FOR A PROJECT HE SAYS HE WANTS TO DO SO HEAVEN KNOWS WHAT HE HAS UP IN THE HEAD OF HIS HE HAS SO MANY IDEAS I CANNOT KEEP UP.
WHEN I FIND OUT WILL LET YOU KNOW . HAVE A GREAT DAY

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #9073394

Back to show off my EASTER PRESSIE From My Brother JIM
# 1 Is Before
# 2 is after
# 3 are all the Potted Asiatic Lilies I have to cover tonight
# 4 there is two PURPLE Buds on my Dwarf Irises I have a mess of these all around my GARDENS Have No Name for these I Think they are the Dutch type but if anyone wants any just say the word they will be in your trade box when we trade :)
# 5 side view sorry about the neighbors barn :( & I still have to get my siding on yet this spring I HOPE >

daddy is waiting for me to come make him a rootbeer float before he goes to bed so ya all have a great evening back later
OH The Two BUDS are on the center plant

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9073412

Oh Susie, that is so nice! Send him down here, when he has nothing else to do!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2012
5:11 PM

Post #9073460

I Never Know one day to the next what he has in that mind of his he took daddy over to put Flowers On his Grandfather & Grandmother Graves after 80 some years never haven flowers on the grave they do now :)
& That just made his day .

He says he is not done with it So I'm not sure what is going on :) he's going to have me wore out this summer .
work sunup to sundown he even fix super for all while i went to town for a ham for dinner tomorrow .
well this ole lady has got to put my feet up will be back tomorrow

Thumbnail by deejay9

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9073462

Very nice, Susie! When Jim is done at Linda's house, will you please send him here?

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9073471

Susie, your Jim makes me wish I had I brother!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 8, 2012
8:46 PM

Post #9074865

Hey susie...I want one tooooooo!!!! lol!

Sorry, it took me longer to get back here. Busy, busy, busy! Here's what I got from FRUITY.
Veronica spicata "Alba"; Veronica "Georgia Blue" ; 1 large!! hosta undulata, divided into 5 nice sized pieces; Iris g. "Irish Chant"; Iris "Immortallity".

Hemerocalis: "James Marsh"; "Ruby Goblet"; "Raspberry Pixie"; "South Seas"; and "Persian Market".

Penstemon smallii "Violet Dusk"; Phlox "Minnie Pearl"; Verbena "Homestead"; Aquilegia "Winkie Series"; a bag of Dutch Iris "Blue Ribbon"

A pair of garening gloves, and 2 dish cloth (knitted), so talented!!!

Thankyou so much Susan!!!!!! I even got 'em all planted a few hours ago, and all watered in. I have a ? tho, the phlox, is that a paniculata or a divaricata? Need height info too. I wanna make sure if it's a short var. I don't plant it in the back of the border. I also wanted to let you know I got all your goodies dug and new tags made, ship out is tomorrow after I finish packing, sorry it was DARK, lol.

Also...wanted to know how you printed the labels, I'd love to find something like that if not too $$$, and are they sun fast?

This message was edited Apr 8, 2012 8:48 PM

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9075002

I have alot to learn from how nice and neat your packaging is. Fruity, packaged her plants very well.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9075054

kathy i bought me a dynamo?? from wal-mart $20,00 & Some refill tape for $6. & they work much better then the p-touch less costly also. i found a pair of old venetian blinds for $1. at GW cut them up i strips.

well i hope to get my box out by wed going to turn colder here the next two day so i might even have to wait till thursday to dig more . will keep my partner up-dated .

well off to get daddy up so you all have a great day .

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9075151

The blinds are a great idea to mark plants for shipping. And the Saran wrap would work well and is inexpensive. Why didn't I think of that?
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
10:10 AM

Post #9075559

My trade from poisendartfrog /alana
canna wyoming
Canna eureka
canna red stripe
miscanthus strictus
Varigated butterbur
japanese anemone:)
weigela white knight
Daylily strawberry/custard candy
Daylily wild horses
daylily wineberry candy
Wow!! Thankyou so much alana! These look great!!

Thumbnail by czimmerman00

czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9075567

My side trade from diamond9192002/anita came too. Huge & healthy plants!
Pink knockout rose
Grass
Daylily

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9075592

Anita, I got your box of plants today, and they are nice and healthy plants. But you need to tell me more about them, as I have never grown any of them!

They are rudebekia, red vein dock, shasta, cherokee rudebekia, and bee balm. Are these shade plants or sun? Thanks so much!

Thumbnail by taters55

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2012

Post #9075593

Well, at least when I get to the point of being able to send anything I will have a really good idea of how you all package. Was worried about that.
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9075600

Also got trout lilies from alana that i missed posting. Cant wait to c them bloom! :)
p.s just got catalog from gilbert h.wild and son & they are having a daylily sale..
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #9075623

Oberon, don't take notes from my shipping. My plants look wilty. I probably should have shipped on a Monday or Tuesday instead of on Friday.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9075625

Your plants are fine. Most plants will wilt during shipping, all they need is fresh soil, and a good drink!
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9075644

Anita your plants were fine! :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9075655

:-) Well, I didn't exactly get signed up for this month, Susie, but czimmerman and I just did a private trade recently that we already had in the works ... so I'm going to wait until May to sign up again, I think. I haven't forgotten about ya. :-)

I received from her several nice succulents (Variegated Jade, Crassula 'Pork n Beans', two lovely different opuntia pads ♥, and I think something else that has currently slipped my mind.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2012
11:35 AM

Post #9075691

WOW great boxes everyone I shipped to chris today well i set my brother to town to mail them out but he is not back yet been two hours chris if he ends up on your doorstep please send him home i have some work for him .

i will have time for another box this month if anyone wants to do a trade I Just have to let my Daylilies grow a bit more but i can find many others right now to share . just let me know . i have a ton of irises , daisy's, & many many other surprises . just ask .
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9075732

Lol! I could put him to work here too, susie! Need to see if my hubby can build me a arbor someday soon so i can plant all my new vines to it:)
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9075758

I planted Red Climbers this year from seed. I have six that germinated and look really healthy. Have put out several real leaves.I am going to try them on my back fence and give one to my neighbor who has an arbor. She planted some sort of bean climber last year and it looked great up one side. She could plant one of mine on the other side. Too bad they are annuals. I think she could get a clematis to do well there. Um, her birthday is in May...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #9075763

took 2 hrs to build it there is no fancy work on it YET ;) just talked to jim he will be home told him cake was done so i'm sure he will be here soon.

well anyone kow of a good place to order MINATURE ROSES ? PLEASE SEND THE LINK. OFF TO DO A SEARCH .

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9075819

Sites I found on Google.

http://www.heirloomroses.com/roses/miniature-roses.html

http://springhillnursery.com/search.asp?ss=mini roses&x=0&y=0

http://www.bonanza.com/items/search?a=true#q[filter_category_id]=&q[search_term]=miniature rose&q[shipping_in_price]=0&q[sort_by]=relevancy&q[translate_term]=true&q[search_term]=miniature rose plant

http://www.qvc.com/qsearch/search.aspx

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9075821

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/186-0075509-7700714?url=search-alias=lawngarden&field-keywords=miniature rose plant

http://www.michiganbulb.com/category/s?keyword=miniature rose plant

This message was edited Apr 9, 2012 2:59 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9075869

ty ty ty but my bank acct dose not like it :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9075873

Susie, what color are you looking for?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9075926

Kathy, The link below is about Phlox 'Minnie Pearl'. Mine is going on three years old and stays around 18" tall.
http://www.perennialresource.com/plants/general-perennial/2051_phlox-minnie-pearl.aspx

For the labels, I love my Brother P-Touch machine and affix the labels to cut up blinds from Goodwill as well. The labels will not fade!

Great boxes everyone. Chris, you're going to love D. Wild Horses, one of my fav's.

Anita, the Knockout Rose you shared with me arrived today in perfect shape, you worry too much, girl...lol It was a private deal, Susie.

My trade from Judy also came today. Wow! What nice healthy plants.
Several different mints, love them all
A huge Hosta
A big Mum
and several Daylilies
The smallest plant isn't familiar to me. Could you clue me in, Judy?

Appreciated these do much! I know how worried you were about your first plant swap. You did a Fine Job and would gladly trade with you again! Wil mail my end of our current trade to you next week.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2012
2:32 PM

Post #9075936

Boy, all the plants look great. Are they sent regular priority or like 2nd day air?

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9075978

uh oh! somebodys done went an say the magic word...VINES! was looking fer sumthing unusual, any suggestions?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9075980

we send plants prioity mail most the time with conf# & 3-4 day shipping .

anita color is no matter to me my SIL has 3-4 of their pets that had been cremated after they passed & is making a flower bed for them to be buried in & said something about a mini rose so i thought i would try to find one for her.

well off to sit with daddy for awhile again only to read him a letter he got today so you all have a great evening .
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9076005

Susie i have a white mini rose i would be glad to incclude in your box:)

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9076028

hey fruity! HAPPY SPECIAL DAY TO YA!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9076049

Hey FRUITY... your birthday present is on it's way!!!!!! Have a great one.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9076069

jsx...Ampelopsis b., actinidia, hops, I got a new one the other day (Dicentra scandens) which is a yellow climbing bleeding heart, Passiflora many species (only carules 'spose to be hardy for me am waiting to see if it came back, has edible fruit too.), of course there is always the usual goodies, clems, lonicera, hedra, Dolochos (hyacinth bean, annual). There's a few for ya to look up...lol. Just got a book off of amazon written by Alan Armitage (university of Georgia I believe, plant genious, author), all about vines.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9076103

ok Kathy your my next plant partner :) HEHE start saving some cuttings for me you & I are the same zone5a I Think I'am but they say now we might be a 6 oh to get back in 6's OOPS whole other subject there i won't go into :) .
those are lovely vines I Have chocolate vine , 2 type of Honeysuckle vines , trumpet vines yellow , red, orange,
then just my reg hardy Morning Glories that come up yearly :) .

just got everything covered that I Could cover they say 32* by morning . Golly thought this day would never come to an end my body is telling me to just go lay up & watch THE VOICE :, & If I Can Keep my eyes open maybe the next one MAROLYN :)))

susan Hope your Haven a special day GN ALL

OH AND ANY Mini Rose will be excepted I Know she will love them also she's not a Gardener so i will be putting them in for her :)))

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9076123

Happy Birthday Fruit!

I love Alan Armitage's books!

Chris, I got my delicious box of plants today. 3 white Gerbera Daisies to feed my white flower addiction-they are beautiful! Also Argyranthemum Lipstick, which I particularly wanted which was accompanied by a tiny variegated Sedum, a spikey Sedum, Peppermint Twist Creeping Phlox, Varigated Lemon Thyme, Ginger Mint and Chocolate Mint. The Chocolate Mint smells like a York Peppermint Patty; very yummy! There was one more plant, a single sort of tall specimen. Can you remind me what it is? I don't recognize it.
It was a wonderful box!!!!!

Jax, I know what I am sending you but we are going to have a couple of cold days coming up so I am holding off until the weekend to get it ready. I will dmail you a DC number.

Have a good evening everyone.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 9, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9076235

Was it the varigated lamium? Glad u liked:) sure loved what i got from u:))

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9076268

That must be it! Thanks again.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9076378

Thanks, Alana. I'm a fan of White blooms too, nothing like seeing them pop and bring out brightly colored blooms nearby.

And here I've been buying annual Lamium for filler in hanging baskets. The things I learn hanging out with you all...

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 9, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9076391

This is FUN! Love looking at the pictures of plants.

Susan, Trying to figure out which plant you couldn't ID. You named all but the catnip so i think it is the catnip. This is the complete list easier to read than the muddy handwritten one that i tucked into the box:
Choc mint
Orange mint
Catnip
Day lily David kirchoff
Day lily hint of blue
Hosta no ID

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9076647

gm everyone wow look as all the really great plants & many so much nicer then the store;s Please for all you newbies

JUST REMEMBER

AS LONG AS YOU POT THESE PLANTS OR POP THEM INTO THE GROUND WATER THEM WELL
SOME YOU CAN TRIM BACK & THEY WILL POP RIGHT BACK IN NO TIME . OR SHOULD RETURN THE NEXT SPRING
GIVE THEM A DRINK OF THRIVE THIS MIGHT HELP ALSO.
& THERE IS A PRODUCT DON;T KNOW THE NAME THINK IT IS CALLED "NO WILT' ??? I HAVE SOME BUT I CAN'T SAY IT REALLY WORKED.
WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT DAY COLD HERE TODAY .

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00----*

REC'D TO -- FROM
DEEJAY9----****FOTV/ REC'D****
-POISONDARTFROG / ---CZIMMERMAN
-FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY -
-CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS -----POISONDARTFROG
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY--FOTV
CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS -DIAMOND9192001
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9077320

That's it, Judy. You know, I never turned your card over until I read your list...lol

When I dig and receive, there's a bin of shallow water reserved to dunk the plants in with just a couple of drops of Super Thrive. Good stuff and perks any limpy ones back up in no time. This method is especially helpful for me when there are several plants waiting and need to decide where to plant them.

As time permits, Susie, please mark I've received from scbuttercup. TY

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 10, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9077358

Hi.. is Happ around ?????

Help I need haps address!!!!, it's not in the exchange and I wanna mail her goodies today...lol.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2012 2:38 PM

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9077481

WOW! I am looking them up, ...the bleeding heart sounds great! already see about five i wants! an gotta git a chocolate vine! bootiful! thanks!
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 10, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9077528

Susan, here are pictures of the day lilies I sent:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/9905/ picture of Daylily David Kirchhoff
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/27056/ picture of DYlily Hint of Blue

This message was edited Apr 10, 2012 8:02 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9077529

evening everyone day coming to an end what a day it has been very cold & Snow flakes even .
then back up in the 60's by friday .
its still early so I'm going to go paint a few of my Patio stones for a bit tonight . don't get to play with them during the day in while in with daddy .
so you all have a great evening & I'll be back tomorrow :))))

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2012

Post #9077556

AS HOSTESS OF ALL THE FUTURE MONTHLY PLANT SWAP'S WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR A SWAP
WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS SO i CAN HAVE IT ON FILE TO SHARE WITH YOUR PARTNERS JUST IN CASE .

THESE WILL BE THE ONES I NEED IF YOU SIGN UP IN THE FUTURE . IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE LIST THEN I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS

PAINTEDACRES/JILL
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY/KATHY
GOLDHILLAL/
MINNESIPPI/ STEPHINE
CRIT/PATTI
TINA_A/TINA
OUTLAWHEART81 / KELLY
CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRISTINE
POISONDARTFROG / ALANA
MUD_ELF
SCBUTTERCUP /
CVILLE_GARDENER/CAROL
BLUESPIRAL / KAREN
CHEERMOM /
OBERON46 /
CHELLFLOWER
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #9078295

Sorry MIA, been working nonstop, haven't even seen daylight since Monday at lunch...

Sent Cathy my addr...sorry about that. I won't be able to get your box together this week, but will on the weekend if we get a break in the rain they are predicting.

Susie we need to push that old cold weather back up north, they said we were going to FREEZE last night, so I am out in the dark trying to cover things up...heavens it was cold. But we only down in the 30's... so hopefully my peaches will hang on...oh I so want fresh peaches...

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9078326

Fresh peaches really sound good! We had a freeze for the past couple of nights. Happ, we have to spread the love. If we spread the frost all over it will help keep the bug population down. LoL We don't want you all to have too many skeeters.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9078352

i have been covering for the last 3 nights & Have to cover again tonight for last time maybe FINGERS Crossed.
I also sent kathy your addy :) Just wanted to ty for the addresses also it will help .
well off to sit with daddy while jim & His friend work in MY GARDENS :( Hope they KNOW What is plant or not .

back later
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2012

Post #9078376

Oh Susie hope your brother and friend are better than my DH...anything that is green gets mowed! The very first year we had the property I planted a square of roses, one in each corner and one in the center, and covered them with mulch for the winter, then put lanscape timbers around them. Now you have to remember we live on alot of acres and early one spring I look up to see DH throwing the timbers to the side, tractor running, a 8 ft brush hog mower on the back, I go screaming and running from the far side of the property while watching DH climb back up on the tractor, roaring it back to life, and driving over my square of roses!!!! rofl...

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9078383

LoL @ Happ, at least you can laugh about it

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 11, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9078392

I have plotted out my 1/2acre of garden space. Now to get the guys to leave it alone!!!

I am do excited about moving! The only bad news is I may have to have dial up now,,whaaaaaa,,,
I am very spoiled with my super fast Internet right now. The cable company has told me if I can get 50 to75 people to commit to having cable they will run out the service to my area!!!

Got to go at the laundrymat..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9078539

Oh Elfie is going to be on a mission...meeting 50 to 75 folks who live around her... ;)
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 11, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9078698

Recieved box from susie! Thanks!! Love them all:)) they all look great! Heres what i got...
Ligularia
citronella asiatic lilyy
Black out asiatic lily
chocolate vine
Dapple willows
Rudbeckia
Strawberry candy daylily
Miscanthus eulalia
tall bearded iris abbie & me
Tall bearded iris wabash
short bearded iris autumn valley
short bearded iris jillaroo
short bearded iris indian cheif
short bearded iris chubby cheeks

Wow! Off to google some of these iris:))

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 11, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9078714

Nice box of goodies!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9078887

Kathy, Oh my goodness gracious! Do you have any plants left...lol

Plants from Kathy:

Achillea millefolium
Centaurea macrocephala (yellow)
Crambe cordifolia (the major mystery Kathy teased me about)
Cyperus
Dianthus x “Lovliness”
Iris "Denver Delight"
Iris germanica (dwarf yellow)
Geranium
Gypsophilia repens (pink)
Hakonechloa macra “Aureola” (Japanese Forest Grass)
Leucantheraum, possibly “Becky”
Nepeta cataria “Catnip”
Penstemon strictus “Rocky Mountain Blue”
Physostegia virginiana (Obedient Plant)
Salvia (gigantean or guarantica) Blue flowers
Salvia nemorosa “Pink Queen”
Salvia nemorosa superba “Blue Queen”
Saponaria ocymoides (pink)
Scabiosa ochroleuca (yellow)
Verbascum phoenicium (mulleun)
Veronica spicata “Sight Seeing Blue”

Not being all that keen on Latin names, I hope I spelled them correctly going by your labels and that all plants were accounted for. I'm glad we were finally able to complete the trade we started way back in August...lol Plus you surprised me with so many more :)

Now to weed through my wants list and mark many received you all have been so generous sharing. My cats thank you, Kathy and Judy, for the Catnip.

Frost / freeze warnings were in effect here last night but missed us. Tonight it appears the weather folks have it spot on, so I threw a sheet over the pots of Lilies and can only hope those planted willy-nilly in the gardens fare well on their own. They haven't set buds yet, fingers crossed.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9079040

Lol, see good things do come to those who wait!!! Sorry it's only taken me 9 months to get there. The nepeta cataria is the species kittynip at 36-48", and it does reseed at it's feet, just to let ya know, now kitty(s), will have their own little slice of heaven in the garden to protect...LOL. When I get home tonight will post some pix for ya, think I have atleast 14, (am sitting g. kids). I know most were small, but I wanted to make sure you got a great variety. Did you need a new garden now?? I don't know, maybe should talk hubby into land with acreage, then I could send more. I hope they bring as much pleasure to you as they have me!!!! Kathy.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9079046

Speaking of which... I also sent out Happgarden's and a side trade with cville-gardener. Kathy.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9079098

OH My What Nice box Fruity & Kathy So far this has been a very nice swap for everyone here getting Many of their wishes filled :) Well just got home from bingo very tired & 6 am comes early so off to bed .
will be back for coffee in the morning .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9079154

pix: veronica spicata 'Sight Seeing Blue'
salvia nemerosa superba blue (purple)
salvia n. superba pink
verbascum phoenicium (probably white)
dianthus X Loveliness (unk color)

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9079159

pix: penstemon strictus Rocky Mountain Blue
centaurea machrocephala and veronica
sunflower, DAISY BECKY, PENSTEMON ROCKY MT BLUE, lavendula, VERONICA S. SIGHT SEEING BLUE at 28",malva
saponaria ocymoides
achilea milefolium ( I'm not sure of the color, could be this or light pink or white)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2012
9:35 PM

Post #9079163

gypsophila repens (dwarf baby's breath, 3-6") and caliroe
Don't have any pix of the rest but can check here at dave's
Almost forgot to tell ya, the physostegia can spread by runners and seed, if you don't want it I understand (you can use as a pass along if someone else wants). I do have a pix of the other salvia, let me figure out which pix it is and will post.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2012
3:01 AM

Post #9079226

Thanks, Kathy. You always send such nice things and I'm looking forward to receiving it. Right back at ya as soon as I can double check what I've got for your zone. If not, postage is coming your way. :-)

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9079348

Morning all! Fruity, you must feel like it's Christmas! Do you have grden spots picked out for your new plants yet?

Kathy, I cannot imagine how large your gardens are. Do you get many hummingbirds?
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9079523

Beautiful!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9079544

Kathy,,, Can I please come live in your garden???? LOL

Seriously it is beautiful and we are all lucky you like to share your lovely plants with us!!

4 more days til Closing!!! I feel like a new puppy all happy and wiggly,,,

I scored some seriously great stuff for the new place from craigslist!! We will have a whole bathroom at no charge except for Sheetrock and plumbing pipes and I think we have most of that stuff at our old place! Humm did I mention to anyone that we are converting a barn into a house?? Anyway we are.. Right now the big cost is finding electrical wire at cheap prices,,,sigh,,,

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9079585

Kris, I will go with you to Kathy's place. Looks like she has enough room for a few more gardeners!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9079667

kriss if you find a cheaper place online usually menards will match in our area anyway , not sure in yours .
yes all those flowers are just beautiful .
waiting for my neighbor to bring a load of his rich rich soil from his barnyard :) all he wants are a few plants :)
guess i can help him out there :)

ok i have a question a lady here is town called me & asked if i knew any where she could unload some dahlia bulbs.
she has a few 100 if ya want a mixed box they are .50 cent each +shipping , she is going to send me a list of the ones she knows the names of & they will be $1.ea + shipping .
at this point i do not know what she has so going to go out to her place later today & check it out will let you know more when i find out . right now just want to know if anyone would like any at all. ??

i know she has about 20 varieties or more . WELL OFF TO PLAY IN THE DIRT BACK LATER

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9079679

Wowsers! That's a whole garden in one box.

Susie, I would be interested in her Dahlias if she has any White ones, or Cactus Flowered ones.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9079692

I would like some dahlias. :)

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9079710

Susie, I would love some Dahlias!

This message was edited Apr 12, 2012 2:00 PM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9079733

Susie I would like some at that price...heavens, that is great.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9079847

Geez.. that is just wrong timing for me,, I love them but right now no money to buy,, so I will have to pass,
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 12, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #9079878

I would love some but I am neck deep in the things now and another DG'r is sending me some tubers later on. Got to dig up more lawn.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
1:44 PM

Post #9079916

ok well sounds good i have your names she has over 3000 tubers I'm going out to her place in a few will snap some pic's . she's thinking about $35 for 100 mixed + postage if anyone wants. or you can get what you want for 50 cent ea for a mix & $1. for the named have to go pick up the list will get back with you .

susie
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 12, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9079945

I can't resist. I would like to look also

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9080106

I Have sent you all a private email to give her info to you PLEASE LET HER KNOW SUSIE SENT YOU>
ya all have a great evening let me know if you cannot reach her.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 12, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9080122

Elfie...yes, if you do the weeding, lol., thanks elfie, just as much sharing of plants as hooking the rest of you in this habit of mine...beauty!!! LOL> At my garden club, they listened to me for a few years and then made me their Horticulalist. Seems like I'm always teaching something, if ya know the info great, if not and I know about it I will share, just a habit, sorry if it rubs any the wrong way...lol. I'm just trying to make others want flowers as bad as me...LOL...
Anita..main border is 45ftX100ft, other gardens at home are a work in progress, I have 1 acre to play with (actually there are 5 here, but...), and yes the hummers have finally found me. Being stuck out in the country with few other gardens about to draw them in, took almost 2 years to find my garden.
Lindakay...hey, maybe we could pitch a tent, lol.
Thanks all who have enjoyed the pix, plants and ravings of a lunatic plant lover. I hope one day it looks how it does in my minds eye...English cottagey. Gosh...and it does take a while when most of my things have been grown from seed.
Oh, and for some of you that don't know some of the pix are from my daughter's garden, which I planted with most of my goodies and I try to take care of also. I began teaching the g. kids how to help with the deadheading. Where's my whip again???? lol!!!! Oh, that's right not much blooming here other than the bulbs.
What's so amazing is that all we have and that all we are, including our little blue planet all came from star dust millions of years ago. Isn't life grand!!!!

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 12, 2012

Post #9080150

DH is headed to Montana in May to help a friend there. I am truly hoping he finds a nice little 20 acre parcel near by. They are good hardworking people. You help them, they help you and share most everything. Your picture put me in mind of that.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9080165

ok here we go with what happen yesterday

pic 1 is of the raised beds from last fall
pic 2 is what the guys did in my huge garden now i have pathways & Room to plant more .
for there is a few less plants but they may show up some day in another spot.
pic 3 load of soil i got today from my neighbor for a few plants :)
pic 4 my 1st dutch iris in bloom

well its that time to go put daddy to bed will be back in the morning .
GN ALL

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2012

Post #9080208

What beautiful soil! I could use a few dozen loads of that on this yellow clay.

I emailed Pat so hopefully she will receive it. Thank you Susie.
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9080217

your all welcome love a great deal don't you all daddy is tucked in for the night my body tells me it is time for me to put my feet up so i will shut this down for the night .
again GN ALL

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2012
3:43 AM

Post #9080551

GM all Just wanted to let Minniesippi Know I rec'd the Joe pye & Other nice plants yesterday all planted & I will check to be sure they survived the frost this morning I had them covered so they should be fine :)

Isn't this a great way to add to the garden :) I can hardly wait till MAY :))) Already Planning my gardens :)
Yes we need to try to Mark our wish list when we rec a plant on it . if you want more of that plant you can say so.
hey i love to plant in 3's so not a problem for DUP"S :))) .

well frankie is calling for his breakfast then i have to go get daddy up. so guess i better get dressed coffee is gone :)
back later . 29* this morning
susie

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9080691

Happy Friday the 13th!
Alana
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 13, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9080703

Mailing ur box this am,susie. I'll dmail u the dc number.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9080709

Ohhhh 29 degrees yuck! Love the pics of the gardens Susie...

I had forgotten in a swap during the winter I got a great gift certificate for dahlias and I got them in the mail today! DH actually called and told me, so I may change my mind about ordering more, have to wait until I get home to decide...so excited it is like Christmas...wish I could see them! NOW! rofl Dang it is a long time until I get home!

Kathy that border has to be amazing, I can't even imagine 45ftX100ft. Love pictures but in person they have to be breath taking... You were talking about people loving gardening as much as you. Well if wasn't for all of you, my "in person" friends, including the master gardeners, would probably have me bound and gagged! I don't have an "in person" friend who loves gardening and flowers as much as me and all of you...guessing that is why we all flock together...rofl. We are just a bunch of flower duckies!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9080836

Had to go for my PT POKE this Morning so i stopped around to pats & I Just cannot get over all the bulbs she has.
HERE IS MY KITCHEN TABLE THIS MORNING
THE RED STONE IS FOR A FRIEND i'M WORKING ON & THE LITTLE STONE IS ONE MY LITTLE3YR OLD NIECE PAINTED FOR ME THE OTHER DAY WHILE SHE WAS HERE :)
THEN BULBS ARE MY MESS . SO OFF TO GET MY DAY GOING BACK SOON .
SUSIE

Thumbnail by deejay9

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 13, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9080839

I agree Happgarden. No one here (in my neighborhood) is as nutso as I am. Or at least none that I have met. They have garden tours but to be honest I am afraid to go for fear I will feel so depressed about their lovely gardens. Dumb I guess. My little garden is for me. No one else hardly sees it as the bulk is in the back yard surrounded by 6' fence. My own little world. The front is on a closed cul de sac so just my immediate neighbors see it and the occasional dog walker. So you all are my gardener fix and friends. I have learned so much here and it has expanded things that I have tried and gotten a lot of good laughs as well as learning about people's lives just like mine. Friends.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2012 7:30 AM

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9080908

Same here. I finally found a local gardening buddy about a year ago who is as fanatical as I sometimes am ... but she's remarrying and moving away next week. Imagine that! :-D))) Well, good for her ... bad for me. So maybe someone else will come along. Not easy to find true fanatics though. At least those who are willing to rose rustle, knock on someone's door and ask for a cutting of a plant in their yard, hop out of the car at a moment's notice to check out (and probably dig up) something blooming in a field, and so forth.

Sigh!

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 13, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9080922

My sister is in Clarksville...you should run into her :) She rents so she cant plant and lives vicariously through her friend across the street.

Susie - you shouldnt need to cover the Joe - its really hardy. And my bleeding hearts have made it through the 26° nights here with no issues and are BLOOMING away!!

Hope the other boxes (side trades) have made it...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9080973

Well, where is your sister, minne ... as I recall somewhere off Madison St.? Or? She might get a kick out of the fact that I'm growing your Joe Pye Weed in my backyard. :-)

WWKathy, my box just arrived. Thank you! I didn't even get signed up for this month but still got two boxes from side trades. lol. :-D

Kathy sent:
Daucus caryota
'Becky' Shasta daisy
Flax
'Blue Fortune' Agastache
'Rocky Mtn. Blue' Penstemon

Yay!

I am getting together some things for you as well. :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9081265

Minne, thank you for my box! It came yesterday. I did planted the Joe Pye. The sedum and bh I put in a pot. I was worried that it was too cold to transplant. Susie, let me know how yours turn out. I transplanted some rudbeckia. It's not taking the frost too well. The JP looked like it had very strong roots. I cannot wait to see how tall it grows.

Kathy, I love the lessons on flowers. I share the love for gardening and the joy of sharing my garden. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone compliment my gardens. You have beautiful gardens and thanks for sharing pictures.

Susie, you have a humungous garden space! Keep us posted with the changes. Is that plain dirt or compost? I sent Pat an email. I haven't heard anything yet nut I'm sure she has her work cut our for her with 3000 tubers. Wow! I cannot wait to get those Dahlias.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9081493

Any of you feel free to educate me at any time! I have so much to learn. The jury's out which makes me smile the most...seeing plants in my gardens someone has shared with me or seeing ones in other's gardens I've been able to share with them!

Thanks for the beautiful pics, Kathy. Sure wish I had a really big spread like yours. My full sun bed, about 220' long X 8-15' wide depending on where the curves are, pales in comparison. You'd think with so much grass I could sneak in another bed or two, and do have plans to make a couple more to help camo our ugly telephone poles and guide wires. Those areas are a pain in the patootie to mow anyway and hubby is happy to accommodate. Now the trick is how far around them he's willing to give up turf...lol

Same here, other than you all, my one true gardening friend lives about 12 miles away. We spent the majority of yesterday afternoon at her house and were joined by our zany ex-mail lady. She brought us fresh eggs from her farm. It was her B-day too, and was so great seeing her again. Last time all three of us were together was in February. It's one of the first times none of us exchanged plants, but we were content sitting in the Sun eating pizza and laughing a mile a minute.

Lady Banks Rose, a gift for my B-day last year, is really starting to strut her stuff and is loaded with blooms. She's well over 6' tall now, reaching for the Sky and needs to be trained again on the arbor.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9081500

I got a box today too!!!!! Sure was not expecting it,, it was from Stephanie!! Thank you so much and I am almost sure I asked for this??? lol So much going on with my move that I am lost!! I swear I told everyone not to send anything to me,,, but really am not sure?

Susie,, I still have your plants,, so sorry not to have mailed, I will get them on Monday I swear!! They are very healthy looking too!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2012

Post #9081538

not to worry kriss It is given me time to get my gardens revamped :) I just got into the house a bit ago been out in the gardens going to rain this weekend they say so that is great .
Susan I'm with you I Just love to walk out into the gardens to see what others have shared with me this is a great time for sharing so then you may still see blooms by fall :) on many of the plants .
Oh when you take cutting from Lady Banks Rose & Get them rooted put me on the list for one ok :) ??? That is beautiful .

well it is time for me to wash up & Lay back will be back for coffee with ya stay safe
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9081549

Fruity, is that a clematis? It's beautiful!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9081584

Fruity I just love the Lady banks too. It will be transplanted to the new place and will adorn my bedroom porch.. I will think of Jax every time it blooms,, well actually every time I sit on the porch!!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9081614

th LADY is showing off taday...

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9081620

...oops! wrong pics...those are new dtrs...here is the mudder...

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9081623

duh!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9081629

Diamond Girl, Lady Banks is an old-fashioned thornless climbing Rose. This is a bookmark I saved from last year:
http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2456/yellow-lady-banks-rose.php

Are ya'll saying if I clip branches, they'll root? My Mother grew the most beautiful roses in her side garden when I was growing up, not one was a climber. I've never tried to propagate one either. Is it OK to take cuttings while she's blooming? Tell me more. I told ya'll I need educating :)

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9081631

How beautiful, Jaxe! Is that a current picture? How old is yours?
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #9081686

Ok dh forgot to tell me the box from Kathy came...I just found them...just wanted to say holey moley. It was packed to the top and past... really really nice. Their getting a well deserved drink..I will post pictures and names tomorrow afternoon way too many to do tonight. I have to get up at 3am. But wanted to tell you all what an amazing box and how sharing Kathy is. The box is just unbelievable. Just wait and see. Amazing.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2012
8:50 PM

Post #9081703

Cannot wait for mine to get that big~!!!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
8:55 PM

Post #9081706

Kathy really packs a box with a punch. I can't wait to see what she sent you, happ.

OK, I just googled how to propagate Lady Banks Rose...sadly, those of you interested in starts will have to wait til the Fall.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2012
2:43 AM

Post #9081814

Gorgeous, Jax. I had a huge one (or two) in CA but haven't gotten one planted back here. Must get on that. :)

WWKathy has been very busy!! :-D)))

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9081880

jsx i want your gardens :) love the roses mush to do today ya all have a safe weekend
susie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012

Post #9081988

Question are there any hostas that can be grow in open sun ?? i want some very dark green ones like
samples i have been looking at are .

first frost, captain kirk, blue angle ,split milk, ice age , i have many varigated ones & They do well out i the open so far anyway 2yrs. i don;t have much shade at this time i have planted a couple of trees but they are to young to make shade yet .

my day in the house with daddy so painting rocks while he sleeps :) &will be here also .
susie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9082059

Some can tolerate full sun, Susie, but they might not look as good. But your climate is much cooler so I don't know how that all factors in.

Here are some that take sun:
August Moon
Fragrant Bouquet
Francee
Gold Standard
Honeybells
Minute Man
So Sweet
Sum and Substance
Sun Power
September Sun
Patriot
Royal Standard

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
8:26 AM

Post #9082070

OK SO NOW I HAVE TO GO SEARCH FOR THE DARKER LEAVES oops sorry for caps .

ok who was it i saw wanted violets or house plants i have a mind block this morning my friend diane has about 200+
let me know please
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 14, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9082124

I wanted voilets:)) mite not have been me u were thinking of tho..:) i have So Sweet hosta, email if u want to setup a trade:)) also have first frost & blue angel.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9082329

just a few pic's to share with you all .
#1 is SDB IRIS 'CORNHUSKERS AUTUMN
#2 IS MY HORSERADDISH IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE SOME
#3 IS A SPICY CHINESE TYPE PERENNIAL LEAF LETTUCE LOVE IT
# 4 IS I BELIEVE A YELLOW LAMIUM & IT IS TAKEN OVER ONE OF MY BEDS
# 5 IS MY DAPPLE WILLOW

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
1:06 PM

Post #9082339

MYSTERY SOLVUED

Garlic mustard, Alliaria petiolata.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2012 6:22 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9082363

Susie, when I get my herb bed re-established,, could I get some of your horseradish please.Not now but later this year maybe? I have a few of those hostas on the list above I can share with you later too.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9082452

ok sound great . off to the out doors to play i the dirt . back later

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 14, 2012

Post #9082614

Ok...here I am...Out in the garden trying to get some things planted that I recieved. All my tade plants are healed in til I figure out where I want them and see what might not have made it thru the winter. It started to sprinkle a few min. ago and now thunder. News said it would turn to that white stuff overnight (2-6"), whew, glad I got my trades done for the month. Only have one nonperishable trade yet this month, next week, wanna put some plant goodies in, lol.
Thankyou all for being so kind...with the trades and with kind words all (very humbling). If I get obnoxius just let me know, lol.
I'm so glad the trades sent this month have made it to their new homes and hope they show their best for ya... Carole, I hope you like that daisy and get ready...it gets 48" (flowers are about 4" across), it is one of my favorites cuz it blooms all summer. It's just one of those plants that makes ya smile. I want to try and get them all dug up, divided and back in the ground in the next week or so. Ya, I know, plans...but they are all big enough now that the centers will begin dying out if I don't, just waiting for them to green up a bit. I will put some in a holding bed for future trades, along with so many others I would like to get to.
Still working on the kitchen, I should spend all my time in there but...I love gardening. Who needs to eat anyhow!!!
Later gators...supppers calling. Kathy.
Oh my, I almost forgot, so sorry. Thankyou Stephanie, just loved the box of goodies you sent!!!! Have to get a pix posted, I forgot and planted them a few hours ago and mother nature is taking care of them with a drink. 1) 5 joe pye weed 2) 1 sedum (autumn I'm thinking tho not sure which) 3) 4 hosta 4) 1bleeding heart . This was a side trade and I must admit I totally forgot. How sweet it is to recieve a unexpected package that has so many goodies. Lol.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9082641

I Know Pour steph guess we all were thinking trade end of april for figured you under snow yet But you fooled us all & I Also will get a box out to you this next week . they say rain for us tonight but heard nothing about a mix & Kathy our temps are about the same .

most of you know but just to be on the safe side some plants should be pampered for a week or so some even a month before putting them right back into the ground that is strange to them. that way they may even bloom for you this spring summer or fall :)

well my dog is bathed , got daddy to bed My coffee is about done so guess that it is time for my shower then off to watch a movie nothing on tv here so i barrowed 3 of the 400 movies jim & jan have they could open a video store .
gn all

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9083125

woke up to thunder & rain oh much needed rain everything is so happy look what I Found this morning .

#1 is blue sparks about to open
#2 is scat
# 3 is sunlit trails

still quit wet out there but i had to get a picture everyday seems to be a new bloom somewhere in the garden
don't ya love it .
well i was up & Down with daddy all last night 3 times & jim was up twice with him so now he is sleeping in his chair the heck with dinner I'm going to go lay down & Get some rest .

I wish everyone a bright sunny day be safe all you in the storm zones.

susie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9083148

Nice.

First rose branch cutting of the year. The bushes are loaded.

Happy Sunday, all. :-)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9083169

OH SO SO PRETTY

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9083277

deejay...those iris are pretty!! Dwarfs?
Carole that rose is beautiful, looks like a shrub type. Are they fragrant? Smell for me. If you could find a few branches, maybe where some pruning is needed, you could ship in the box, or after those flowers are done leave the branches in water to get some rooting. Lol, then ya wouldn't have to throw them away. Ok, I'm sorry and I'll hush now. Lol.
Got 3" of that white stuff over night, and some rain this afternoon ( so they say, gosh it better warm up quick or it will be more snow).
Sorry Steph. no pix today, lol.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9083513

So sorry Kathy I am working today in the office, I meant to bring the tags with me, yes all those great plants with tags! and at least post the names, this weekend has been something...Went shopping Friday evening hit the door really late and found the wonderful box of plants from Kathy, stuck them in som water for a good drink, then off to bed, had to be up at 3am to go to the swap meet...ugh! We were there all day, came home took baths, and back out the door, think we got home a 9 or 10, I was shot, got up this morning and thought ok I can take a breath and about that time I got called into work!

Just hate I have not had time to post a pic or a list of the names, but guys there are a ton of wonderful plants in that box, it was amazing, then the tags to boot...omg! Please don't think I am not grateful because I am blown out of the water by your generousity!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9083526

She packs a mean box, that's for sure. And the tags to boot. Puts me to shame. :-/

:-)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9083816

lol, you girls are silly. Had to include tags or ya might not know what they are. Sometimes I just write the info on a piece of paper and stick in the box. Gosh ya gotta know what they are if these would be new to you. I forgot, did I put heighth info, sure hope I did.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9083893

I requested a pick-up tomorrow for Jax's box and have emailed her the DC.
Have a good week, everyone,
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9083919

SOUNDS GREAT TY
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9083936

Oh my gosh, another gardening marathon today. Wow, with all the new plants Ive grown from all the great DG seed I've acquired, And all the great trades and purchases lately, there was SO much to do. Plus I've stepped out to unknown territory with brugmansia and plumeria, how much fun can I stand?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9083980

Here's a tip for those of you who aren't able to make tags / labels. I never mind making my own anyway. In the past, I've received boxes of plants where the sender used a numbering system, which I thought was a very clever idea. They wrote 1, 2, 3 etc. on the packaging the plants came in, and included an accompanying card or note listing 1, 2, 3 etc. with names of the plants they shared. Sorta like 'paint by number' kits if anybody's old enough to remember those. Are they still made? lol

You've been working way to hard and long as it is, happ. Having to work on your day off, especially on Sunday, is the pits. I wasn't ever on call but did work many Snow days from home. Besides Sundays, the only days of the year I thought were a shame having to work were Good Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve. Always thought those should be Holidays and used them as 'floaters' when my turn in the office rotated.

Your box of plants is ready to go to tommorrow, Judy, and includes a couple of early B-day gifts :) I've D-mailed you and Susie the D/C number.

Is there anyone else I haven't exchanged with this month who would like to? Our weather is just beautiful with highs in the 70's or low 80's for at least the next week. I'm in a digging mood.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9084008

Well, my thread froze up before I could save a post I was typing, so here I go again! UGH!

I would love to have some Dahlia starts. About 10 of the un-named would be fine for me.

I would also love to have some of the horseradish. It looks so neat!

Very interesting plants you all are receiving. Please tell me, what is a chocolate vine? I love the different mints! Just have spearmint and chocolate mint right now, but would love to get some of the orange, etc.

MINNI ... I must apologize that I have not posted about the wonderful box of hosta and bh that you sent me! I am MUCH appreciative! They arrived in great shape and are doing well. When the box came I was at a loss as to who sent it, as I didn't know your real name. lol I've been on a hunt to figure out who!

I don't have a real person plant buddy here either. I know several people on DG(like pughbear) that are in Tulsa, but that is about it.

You all have such GREAT stuff to trade. I don't know if I am going to have anything that anyone would want. :-( We'll just have to wait until I'm ready to see. :-)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9084344

crit i will put you down for the horse radish as for the dahlias i will send info on those soon .
have to go pick up a box at post office not sure from who yet :) so ya all have a great day .

susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9084424

No worries on the sides I sent - I should have identified myself - but I was in such a hurry to catch the mailman I was lucky to get the boxes taped closed :)

Spent a beautiful weekend in the yard. I got so much done and I was by myself. DH had drill this weekend. Cleaned the gutters, seeded the lawn, placed pavers for a walkway through the east garden, had a bonfire Saturday night, mowed the lawn, got taxes done, fuel line fixed in my wagon, bagged 30 bags of leaves left over from fall and what finally decided to fall this spring. I think I am finally done with the leaves (fingers crossed), got the compost pit finished. I have been working on taking it out of the back yard for 2 years now. It had 8 years of stuff. Got a good deal done two years ago, but as of yesterday the ground is now flat!! BEAUTIFUL dirt coming out of there. Sifted it and used it in some low spots in the yard and took the "chunks" of wood and leftovers and am using it as back fill on a new project to save my front yard. Putting in a tiered retaining wall. That will take some time as well.
Got all my trade plants in the ground and marked. Got two more trades boxed up - on made the mail on Saturday, one missed it by 10 minutes. Found things I had forgot I purchased and got those in the ground too. Want to plant my "tropical bulbs" but right now its snowing...so I will wait until after our frost date to do those.
Whew..Im tired and sore. But am happy I got so much done all by myself. Didnt get a thing done in the house though. :/

Steph
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012

Post #9084643

Okay now Steph. You are my inspiration. I have not really done much other than wander the yards (front and back) noting what is coming up and then rushing back to get it entered into the database. If I am not sure which daffy or tulip it is I place a tongue depressor stick next to it with the date pending it's blooming to let me know which it is. Talk about OCD. Still shoveling snow to get to some beds. Things I have earmarked to send out in boxes are still under snow by about a foot out back and three feet out front. Slowly digging my way to the front bed.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9084739

Thank you - but hardly :) If we still had snow I wouldnt even be as far as you! (It was snowing this morning though - and it was 75 yesterday...)
Its amazing what I can get done on my own...with a good nights sleep.
It is my stress relief - and I die all winter...so when I can get out there, I take FULL advantage.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9084849

I know what you mean. I would never set foot in the house in the summer if I had a choice. I cannot imagine 75F one day and snow the next. Absolutely weird. And coming from Fairbanks with 80 degrees temp swings that is saying something.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9084967

Oh Chris, you sent tags with entire descriptions on them.
1-Iris - germanica unknown
1-Valariana V. fragrant officinalis white 48" x 36" late spring early summer
4-Pestemon strictus rocky mountain blue 30-36"x30" late spring
6-flax linumprenne reseeds if allowed light blue spring - early summer mornings
8-verbascum phonicium mullen 24x6" spring, cut back for second bloom H or dk: pink, purple, or white reseeds at feet
6-centaurea montana "amethyst in white" 18-24 x 24-30" all season if deadheaded
2 + 1 small Veronica blue 18x14" spring only reseeds lightly
10-viola JJ's all season, can reseed
3-hesperis matronalis v. fragrant purple spring 48" can reseed
1-achilea milleforium yarrow all season, dead head white or pink (does not reseed)
2-artemesia parrot feather
3-hanoke grass aureous gold/yellow stripe
3-dianthus deltoides zing red spring 6x24"

I hope I didn't leave out anything, they are doing great. Kind of glad I have not been able to work in the garden, we have horrible horrible winds all weekend, so all of you down wind from me, batten down the hatches...heavens, no tornados but the winds have been horrible. So all my new guys are in a big pot waiting to get to their new home, when I get some time and the weather is kinder, which ever happens first. LOL

Have a great day everyone.

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9085035

Gald to hear you didnt get hit with the tornados. We were under a watch until 11pm last night. Temp dropped 20° in literally 3 minutes. Big, dark, low clouds...I was ready - the kids werent but I kept them distracted. POURED and probably washed all my grass seed away :/ 28° is our forcasted over night tonight. Burr...I want March back!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9085050

Ok Joyce...will post pix of those I have.

pix: centaurea m. Amethyst in Snow
pix: verbascum phoenicium
pix: flax
pix: veronica unknown, spring bloomer
pix: hesperis matronalis

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9085079

More pix. don't have pix of iris (cuz I'm not sure which I dug, might be one of the black which are really dark purple, one has a red cast and my other has a blue cast), hakone grass, artemesia (parrot feather), and Dianthus deltoides Zing (red). Might be some pix in plant descriptions here at dave's.

pix: valariana officinalis
pix: jjs
pix: penstemon strictus Rocky Mountain Blue
pix: achilea m. (yarrow)
pix: or some of this jj

This message was edited Apr 16, 2012 5:25 PM

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9085121

Name of that veronica(pix #4 above). Veronica austriaca. I just found the name here at dave's after looking at a ref. book on the description. Been looking for the name of that one for years now. I don't know why I didn't think to look it up here before. Ok, mystery solved...
Looked up artemesia..no pix or entry ( it should be partridge feather, sorry, my boof).
The pixes on dave's for Dianthus d. Zing were wrong, could check maybe Fine Gardening.com

This message was edited Apr 16, 2012 5:38 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9085269

IF I HAVE MISSED MARKING YOU AS REC'D PLEASE LET ME KNOW

2-- DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00-REC'D ---*****FOTV/ REC'D****
3--FOTV /SUSAN/------ SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY ---DEEJAY9/REC'D & -WARRIORWISDOM/REC'D
1--WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY /KATHY----HAPPGARDEN----FOTV/REC'D--
1--HAPPGARDEN----REC'D ---WARRIORWISDOMKATHY

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9085317

GET READY YOU ALL FOR THIS IS ALSO ANOTHER VERY LONG POST .

A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU FOR CZIMMERMAN00/CHRIS I HAVE NOT HAD LUNCH OR SUPER
AS OF YET FOR I PICKED UP MY BOX FROM CHRIS THIS MORNING 9 AM AT THE POST OFFICE
& I HAVE BEEN PLANTING ALL DAY ALONG WITH MAKING ROOM FOR THEM .
ITS JUST TO COLD TO PUT THEM OUT IN THE GARDEN RIGHT NOW BUT I CAN PUT THEM OUT DAYTIME FOR A FEW HOURS .

NOW TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL AS I POTTED THESE BEAUTIFUL PLANTS :)
AZALEA -CHRISTINA MARIE :) NAMED AFTER A FRIEND WENT TO SCHOOL WITH TO COOL. LUV LUV LUV IN BLOOM
IRIS -EVSATA
CONEFLOWERS---BRAVADO & POW WOW WILD BERRY
ARGYRANTHEMUM ---LIPSTICK
CORAL BELLS---RUBY BELLS
2 COREOPSIS ----PRESTO
VERBASCOM ---MILKSHAKE
DIANTHUS ---IS IT RASPBERRY SWIRL ??? LUV LUV LUV IN BLOOM
2 COLUMBINES ---- ORGAMII MIX LUV LUV LUV IN BLOOM
GERANIUM ----VISION VIOLET
PURPLE PANSY ----- LUV LUV LUV IN BLOOM
CAMPANULA --- BELLEFLEUR BLUE
CORKSCREW WILLOW LUV LUV LUV
DAYLILY----DAGGY
EE--BLACK MAGIC & 2 OTHERS :)))
SALVIA ---- " NEW DIMENSION ROSE" SO COOL
BLUE EYE GRASS ???? I THINK IT IS
MARGARITE DAISY ---- KELWAYI
CAMPANULA ----??
MUM PINK ---
MUM--SUNNY CAMILLE
MUM-- BETH PINK
MUM-- VANNA WHITE
MUM -- ??

NOW TO SHOW YOU HOW BEAUTIFUL & THEN OFF TO GET SOMETHING TO EAT & PUT DADDY TO BED THEN I WILL BE BACK .
MORE TO COME

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9085322

A HUGE TY TY TY TO ALL OF YOU FOR SHARING SUCH WONDERFUL PLANTS WITH EACH OTHER.
I HAD A FEW MORE SDB IRIS BLOOMS TODAY & I WILL POST THEM WHEN I GET BACK .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9085353

WOW, beautiful suzie. Great haul, lol. And you got 'em all potted, your on the ball!!!
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 16, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9085421

That unknown plant that u thought mite b blue eyed daisy is the Armeria 'rose', sorry should've labeled it:)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 16, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9085446

WOW!!!! nice box of plants.

Well we signed all the papers and I now have a new and permanent home!!! The Barn/house will be delivered next Monday and then the fun begins!!!! I have been potting plants up like crazy and need to find more pots!! Going out tomorrow to beg plant trays from Home depot and Walmart. Then will be potting up everything in site. Guess I should get boxes too as I need to repack everything I unpacked here,,,sigh

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9085736

ty chis it looked like a grass so thought it was the blue eye going to go look this up . sorru i wanted to post my NEW blooms yesterday but i got side tracked ;last night & the pic's are on the other computer. so when i go out to the house later i will post them.
right now i need to go uncover my plants , the sun is shining & its a beautiful day. so will be back later .
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2012

Post #9085788

OMG Chris those plants are beautiful, I am so excited. You are such a sweetie to post pics for me. I love them!
I am just glad I got them in a temp home, it has been too windy and cold here to stick them outside after their roadtrip. I love those grasses so I am excited to see those take off also.

Hopefully if the computer gods are nice to me (which they haven't been at all this last 2 weeks), no meetings, I can get something accomplished like get plants ready for a road trip also...

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 17, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9085811

Cheermom - be on the look out...box going out today :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2012

Post #9085832

Does anyone know what this is?

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9085835

http://home.gci.net/~delphinium/gardens.html
A friend just sent me this page, hope you guys can get there from here, this garden is amazing!
Mary do all gardens in Alaska look like this? ')

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9085839

taters, that's a Ruellia, but I don't know which one, aka Mexican Petunia.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9085851

Love those Alaskan Gardens!

Thanks for the ID on the plant!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9085982

ok here are a few of my new blooms yesterday & today

BLUE SPARKS
BUMBLE BEE FORGIVE THE WEEDS
COCOA PINK
JILLAROO
PETITE POLKA

THERE MAYBE MORE OUT THERE LATER TODAY OPENING UP :)
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE .

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9085985

Don't I wish. I think I have seen this one before. It is indeed lush and gorgeous. So many colors. I see lots of pots. At least one plant must spend the summer indoors as I know it doesn't grow outside here. There are a few like this in the garden tour that the botanical garden puts on. Have never gone.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 17, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9085988

Jealous!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9086186

You bet your fanny!! I don't see any reason to inflect depression on myself any more than nature provides. :) Probably depriving myself of an opportunity to get really good ideas for my own garden from gardeners in our area. Maybe this year I will go. Rather expensive, but oh well.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 17, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9086799

So I thought I would share pics of my divided bleeding heart (whats 'left' of it), my iris bed and my peony bed. Oh, and my LOV's

Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 17, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9086856

That Alaska garden, I'm speechless! Blue Himalyan poppy, never saw that before. And a bear cache, kept trying to get a glimpse of what that might look like. When we camp we just throw a rope over a tree branch, sounds like the Indian chief built something more. And why do they need a bear cache in their yard? cant they just store stuff in the house?
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9086876

scbuttercup, I can only think that you are being humorous. The cache, to protect meat from all sorts of predators was a permanent arrangement. Must better than throwing it over a tree limb. Oh, they might do that to begin with to age the meat, but for more permanent storage (smoked fish also) the cache worked very well. There are lots of small caches around in people's yards here, kind of like pink flamingos in Florida. Just for decorative purposes. Also planters that look like moose with the planter box being the body.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9086884

Wow minne ... your BH still looks large! I can't wait to put mine in the bed, but I don't clear that one of the leaves or do any planting until May 1st. I've seen too many cold snaps in late April, even though our last freeze date is suppose to be April 15th. I forgot to ask, is the BH red or white? I'll be curious to see if the ones I planted come back from the roots. I'd be totally surprised, but things have come up that I thought were dead. They just went to sleep to save themselves from our terrible summer last year.

I have to go look at that Alaska garden. I'm not sure if any of the seed I planted are going to get big enough to bloom before it starts getting too warm. They are about 2" tall now, and 2 of them didn't sprout at all. Maybe they will next year. Even though I put them in the freezer, they didn't sprout a one! My red & black poppy that comes back from seed every year has finished it's blooming and I'm letting the seed pods dry before I cut them down so the summer seeds can grow. They have already sprouted. Does anyone know, can you cut the pods while they are still green and let them dry, or will that ruin the seed?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9086911

Hmmmmm, LK's pictures don't look like the Mexican Petunia I got. Will try to take a pic tomorrow when it is light and show you. Maybe because it is young. Just planted it last year, but the flowers look different

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9086914

Have to let the pods dry on the plant, then seed will be ready to shake out and store and shake about the garden. What was the seed that didn't come up for you? And yes most seedling will flower the second year, they need that winter cold, altho there are exceptions to every rule. The annuals should bloom this year and any biennials would bloom second year. Are you aware there are seed that won't start outdoors, they need a controlled enviorment and light.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 17, 2012
9:49 PM

Post #9087053

Crit, I am still waiting on my seeds to pop. The seeds from OSPS have germinated today. I know the seeds are viable as I have always gotten plants but I usually just pitch the seed around in the fall. I would have thought that sitting out in the yard since February would be enough of a cold snap to do the job. Haven't given up yet though. My orientals and one or two icelandic have just cleared the snow and have green growth on them.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
3:17 AM

Post #9087124

It looks like Jax's box may arrive today.
Crit, I could be wrong but I think tater's Ruellia is probably Ruellia brittoniana. I have had a few different species and the foliage varies but the flower form is pretty recognizable, although they can be pink, white or shades of lavender and purple. There is a red one that I have never grown. There is a photo here: http://www.elginnursery.com/products.php?pid=144&detail=true
We had a very wet winter and I lost a lot of plants to rot. I don't think any of mine are coming back this year or I would take some pictures for comparison.
Have a great day everyone.
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 18, 2012
3:40 AM

Post #9087134

Afraid to go out and look, we had heavy heavy rain and some hail last night.
But it was cheering to read Mary's explanation of how alaskans use bear caches as a sort of yard art, who would have thought. Now I need to force myself to check for hail damage, I had a rooted brugmansia out there that was just planted a few days ago.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2012
3:43 AM

Post #9087136

http://www.floridata.com/ref/r/ruellia.cfm
Yes that is what I have! Ruellia brittoniana.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 18, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9087201

I Take it that this plant is or would be a annual here i the North it looks as a very pretty mounded plant would it bloom for me the same season ??? from seed ? well i have about 12 more plants sitting on my table to get planted .
so you all have a great day back later .

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2012

Post #9087214

It grows to about 3 feet tall, and is so pretty. I have a few seeds to send if you want to try them there, but all the descriptions say it can be invasive, as it is a fast grower, and spreads from the roots.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 18, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9087293

Crit - the BH are pink. It is the old fashioned variety. Mine are blooming up a storm even with the cold temps overnight here lately. The mound that is in that bed was what I divided from my monster. I figure I got 40-50 plants out of it and that is what I have left to trade!! I still have 8 plants in my yard besides that monster! LOL!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9087387

Wow minne ... hope mine does as well!

Well, guess I need to take a pic of what I was sold as a Mexican Petunia. It is totally different from that. I'll see if I have a tag on it, to be sure I am remembering right, but I'm pretty sure.

Thanks for all the poppy info. I received a bunch of poppy seeds from Mary. I am not going to disturb the pots they are planted in, and set them aside to let them go through next winter and see if they germinate then.

Have a bunch of ws'ing plants ready to pot, so that is what I am doing today! I finally finished up getting everything replanted in the iris bed I enlarged and moved out into the sun a little better. Need to give my hands and back some relief from doing that. :-)

Have a great day all!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 18, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9087513

LK I Don't think they would run far here in the cold I Would pot them Just to be on the safe side :) I Have plenty of runners :) but i would love to try any colors :)

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9087834

DJ, did i hear ya say sumthin bout houseplants a while back? i do need some, send me a dmail, why dont ya?

Yes, that was the 4 year old Mother Lady last week. This is her 10 min. ago...

Thumbnail by jsxtiger   Thumbnail by jsxtiger

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 18, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9087897

OMG Jax, that is amazing. Wow I have never seen anything like that before...holey smokes.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9087953

Well, you can see that I am working as hard as I can to free my garden from winter's grasp. First one is out front and shows the brick lining one bed with Mary Stoker mums (or their sticks) showing; then crocus coming out through the snow(bank), then a shot of the driveway where I shovel the snow.

Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 18, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9087962

Have to say Mary, I didnt miss that white stuff this year!! I feel for you though. I was looking through pictures from last year about this time.
1) April 8th 2011 Spirea
2) April 8th 2011 - LOV
3) April 17th, 2012 Spirea
4) April 17th 2012 - LOV

Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 18, 2012
4:03 PM

Post #9088013

Thanks Susan, your box reached me today! A huge box of goodies, plus birthday gifts of gloves and a bag for growing plants. I will need the bag because there is so much overflow this year!
Asiatic lilies
double pink begonias
penstemon red huskers
salvai may night
caladium, a bagful!
coreopsis full moon
sedum voodoo
sedum Angelina
lenten rose
astilbe taquetti
7 day lilies:
oriental ruby
purple waters
pardon me
big kiss
gentle rose
chicago apache
curly pink ribbons

Thumbnail by scbuttercup

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9088086

O ME GRACIOUS!!! i done hit the lottery of plants, here!!!! Received box from poisondartfrog...an it waszmamazing! huge box, well packed...gotta try that "C" size! 11 bootiful plants!!! the majority of them are new ta me, but i cant wait to see wat they bez! her sent"
ACHALLIS KING EDWARD
CAROLINA JASMINE (GOTTA TICKLE THAT VINE ITCH!)
WEEPING BUDDEI (DID NOT KNEW ONE WEEPS)
SALVIA VICTORY WHITE
COLOAEA SCANDENS ALBA
GERANIUM MUCULATOR
TRICHOSENTHUS KIRILOUS VAR. JAPONICA
CANNA TROPICAL SUNRISE (BEEZ WANTING THAT ONE)
EASTER BONNET VIOLET (WOW)
VARIEGATED OLE BOLOGNA(CANT WAIT TA LOOK THAT ONE UP!)
RABBIT FOOT FERN (LOVES SUM FERNS!)

Thank you sooooo much! i beez off ta git edumakated!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2012

Post #9088100

Boy what a difference. I am not sure how much difference the snow will make as stuff takes off like a shot when the sun comes out. I will look at 2011 and the front yard to check
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9088148

WOW Jax ... That is gorgeous!!!! Do you have any problem with bees or anything like that? And your box from Alana...WOW I've never even HEARD of some of those. How unique and fun!

So hard to believe you still have so much snow Mary! I don't know if I could stand that much, but your probobly wouldn't like our 100* summers! lol At least you get lots of nitrogen in the ground from all that snow.

Boy minni ... your stuff sure took off in a big hurry last year!!!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9088284

...boy! wat a diff, a little knowledge makes! i wont attempt to correct me mistakes above., but will chalk it up to her nice handwriting and my poor eyesight in a dark room!!! the tv stand looks good wearing me glasses! enuff said that "ole bologna" is the most bootiful burgundy rose, ya ever saw! ("variegata de bologna"). ...an i beleive the Easter Bonnet is an african violet! duh! lol WOW! that calls for anutter rendition of "the happy plant dance"! .. that rabbit foot fern...tis never seen that before! it is toooo awsome! ...an a weeeping buddleia!!! Thank you, Alana.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2012

Post #9088295

buttercup and jsx ...Wow you both made a haul!!!!
Poisondart..did you sent her Buddleia alternifolia? OOOOOOh!!!! Nice!! Only seen one once and it was spectacular!!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2012
3:24 AM

Post #9088481

Warrior, not alternifolia, lindleyana. Weeping rather than fountain. I have my sights on alternifolia myself, lol.

Uh, Jax. I knew my handwriting was bad, but I guess it is really really bad.
I think the plant you believe to be an African Violet is actually a vine that you can grow in a hanging basket. Are the veins in the leaves silvery or white? It is likely White Veined Dutchman's Pipe, Aristolochia fimbriata. It will require shade or dappled sunlight. The flowers can be "a surprise" if you are not familiar with it. You can grow it as an annual outdoors or overwinter it as a houseplant or in a dormant state.
If you have questions about anything else let me know-sorry about the arthritic chicken scratches.
Glad you like it!
Alana

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2012
3:35 AM

Post #9088486

Aristolochia fimbriata and Buddleia lindleyana in my garden.
Edited for spelling.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 5:37 AM

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog   Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9088507

lol! WOW! that makes it even better than. what about...TRICHOSENTHUS KIRILOUS VAR. JAPONICA? i am so luving this! that rabbit foot is blowing me away!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9088510

That is one I started in the greenhouse and have'nt taken a photo from my garden. Here is a pretty good description. http://www.arrowheadshopping.com/trichosanthes-kirilowii-v-japonica-357.html

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2012
4:47 AM

Post #9088518

alana a wonderful box you sent jsx such a variety being shared many i have not heard of . is that a jack-in-the pulpit ??
jsx what a beautiful ' yellow ROSE ??? that is beautiful . you'll have to take a few cuttings & root them to share :)))) .

well i have sorta lost track of the trades sent & rec'd so I'm going to have to rely on you to let me know if you have or have not rec'd
I'm going to put up MAY"S swap will try to do that this morning . this is so much fun.

2--CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRIS -------POISONDARTFROG

REC'D TO -- FROM
DEEJAY9-----CZIMMERMAN00----*
TATERS55 /LK------ANITA
--JSXTIGER---POISONDARTFROG
HAPPGARDEN-------WARRIORWISDOMKATHY
-SCBUTTERCUP / JUDY----FOTV ------

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2012

Post #9088538

MAY'S SIGN UP HOPE TO SEE YA THERE :)))

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253114/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253114/

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 19, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9088539

WOW, look at all the nice boxes of plants arriving! Great job everyone!

Susie, I got mine from Anita, and as soon as I am feeling better, I will get mine sent out! Hopefully before Monday!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9088543

SOUNDS GREAT LK GET BETTER SOON OFF TO PLAY OUTSIDE :)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 19, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9088660

Susie - I sent mine to cheermom - havent heard from her yet though
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 19, 2012

Post #9088709

Poiisendartfrog recieved box from me

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9088815

OK ALL I WILL MARK THEM

2---POISONDARTFROG / ------JSXTIGER---
1--CHEERMOM /SUE G-----MINNESIPPI----SENT

REC'D TO -- FROM
TATERS55 /LK------ANITA
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9089425

Judy, I'm so glad you're pleased with the plants I picked for you. The Begonias and Caladiums I don't think are hardy for you, though. Sorta put them in as extras since you mentioned wanting bulbs.

Very nice selections, Alana. Have you ordered from arrowheadshopping.com in the past? They have several plants I'd like to try. Jax, you sound like you're over the Moon, and look at those beautiful vines :) I would have had to look a lot of your newest plants too.

Finished planting a handful of plants from my three boxes from you Judy, Susie, and Kathy. They're all doing well, except maybe the Poppy. I'll baby it since in the past I must have sowed a bizillion seeds and never had one to germinate. That little chore would have been finished yesterday, except it rained the whole day. Made digging today so much easier than usual.

My trades are complete this month and sent to scbuttercup, warriorwisdonkathy and deejay9. The three of you have received from me as well.

Heading over to May's thread.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2012
3:07 AM

Post #9089790

...i am rushing, rushing...trying ta git me box out in time...but it looks like i gonna be right on top of deadline!!!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2012
3:59 AM

Post #9089805

Thanks Fruit. Jax asked to be surprised so I tried to comply. And a couple of the things I sent are either annuals, or will be annuals if not given special treatment. I considered those extras above the 5-6 plants required.
I have not purchased from arrowhead. I went back and looked at what they have to offer and I think they are a bit overpriced-maybe because I grow so much from seeds or cuttings I am out of touch with what a full grown plant costs.

My granddaughter, almost 3, was a little afraid of the Rabbit's Foot Fern. She said she was scared of all those "crazy feet". I had her pet them and now she wants to walk under the tree it hangs from every time she visits. I leave mine outside here through November then bring it in as a houseplant until I think the worst of winter is over. It takes quite a bit of cold and freezing temperatures, but would not like to be left out when it gets into the teens. I have a division left that is languishing out back and needs a home if someone wants to try it. Let me know and I will send it right out.

Every morning I am having a great time reading what people are receiving. This has bee a very fun swap!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9089815

gm to all well one more garden about cleaned out :) gardens are greening up so very nice . just got daddys bkf so once i get him back into his chair i will go walk the gardens with my cam :))) so for now off to check the other threads .
have a great day

jsx you still have a weeks :)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 20, 2012

Post #9089957

poisondartfrog wrote: I have a division left that is languishing out back and needs a home if someone wants to try it. Let me know and I will send it right out.

I'll try it. :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2012
9:02 AM

Post #9090129

Question for all you gals who plant your plants from seeds How do you do delphiniums I just cannot get them to grow what am I doing wrong?
do you scatter your seeds out side to grow in the garden or do you start your seedlings indoor ? also do they Bloom The 1st year ?

same with Larkspur just scatter the seeds or start indoor ???
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 20, 2012
9:07 AM

Post #9090143

I have seed from New Zeland that I am trying. The plants are nice and healthy although only about an inch tall. But have two and three secondary leaves. I am going to just take them gently from the pots and put them in a hole. Should work. Also have come Carnival hollyhock to do the same with. This year I am experimenting. King Arthur delph has returned for me for two years so that makes it a top hardy in my book. Don't know if my delph's from seed will bloom or not. Guess I will find out. They will look great with the tall yellow stuff I have. Can't think of the name. Huge bushes with large spiky leaves below tall spires of yellow. durn it.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9090144

Alana, if you end up with another start of the Rabbits Foot Fern, I'd like to try it also. Just keep me in mind, please. Minni got up too early today! lol Well, actually I was up but not on the 'puter yet.
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 20, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9090197

Larkspur reseeds happily for me. They start easily. The delphinium i start in a tray that gets bottom heat to speed germination & usually they bloom first year if started early enough:) larkspur blooms first year...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9090204

I have done delphinum in winter sow jugs two years in a row. I didn't get anything to grow last year, but if I remember right, I might have some germinating this year. Not sure.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2012
9:44 AM

Post #9090206

thank you & I Hope to give them a shot

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

April 20, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9090366

Hey -I got my plants - a huge wonderful boxn -mine with go out soon - will post contents later - thanks a million!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9090377

Looking forward to see what ya got sue .

REC'D TO -- FROM
TATERS55 /LK------ANITA
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 20, 2012
1:00 PM

Post #9090491

Crit wrote:Alana, if you end up with another start of the Rabbits Foot Fern, I'd like to try it also. Just keep me in mind, please. Minni got up too early today! lol Well, actually I was up but not on the 'puter yet.

WAY before I wanted to be up...but I was at work already :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9090691

Hey all, I wanted to show the dahlias I got from Susie's neighbor. Whoa, did she send alot of tubers. Thanks for introducing us Susie!

Thumbnail by diamond9192002

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 20, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9090758

Oh my gosh. Are you going to dig a trench to plant them? You have to dig them up don't you? Do you have any idea which are which?
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9090761

LoL I'm not going to plant them all myself. LoL Some I will give away, others I will donate to our extenstion office plant sale. I bought a large quantity to support her cause. She donates the money to help kids through college.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 20, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9090814

Wow, that is a lot of tubers!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 20, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9090901

Susie - I got your box today! THANK YOU!! I cant wait to go play in the yard tomorrow! I can mark another DL off my list too!
I love getting plants in the mail. Makes me so so happy :):):)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
4:14 AM

Post #9091211

YW & Hope you join us in may . have to go get daddy ready for bkf then will be back on the may thread to up-date .
anyone wanting a few tuber just let me know :)
susie

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

April 21, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9091242

Here's the contents of my HUGE box from Minnesippi:

A Very large plant (we haven't figured out the name yet)
Violets
Columbine
Spider Plant
Wabash Iris
and
2 types of sedum

Thanks so much!

Cheermom/Sue G
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9091264

Mine will go out Monday, I woke up to hard frost...everything has buds and blooms, so sad...fingers crossed. I covered alot of things on the west side of the house where the sun hasn't shined yet. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered something about the sun shining on the frost caused damage, or something anyway, wish I would of known and would of covered last night. Frost heavy enough you would have to scrape the windshields, all my iris are blooming and so pretty...

Wow on the box of dahlias is all I can say... ;) how pretty those will be and how nice to donate to the sale.

Everybody has gotten beautiful plants, it will make for a beautiful summer...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012

Post #9091333

sue i think that the large plant is called joe pye we all got a huge chunk :) not sure if she has any left for herself :)
i hope to see blooming beds from all over :) well jims been playing in his rock pile so now i can go out . ya all have a great day .

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9091356

Got the Fern requests. If your address is in the exchange Minnie I will get it, if not please send it to me before Monday. I have a smaller piece I will send you Crit, so ditto.
When you plant them, don't cover the feet.
Busy weekend, I wish it was not raining, but we need it. Have a good one.
Alana
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 21, 2012

Post #9091379

Alana - im in the exchange. Thank you.

Cheermom - I probably did send JoePye and I think I sent a bleeding heart. Some one of the sedum is possibly the BH. The other sedum is autumn joy. Sorry I dont remember. :/ I was grabbing and boxing. I thought I had labeled them all - at least on the bag or the tape. If I remember correctly, with the ends of the bags toward you in the box there was Joe on the left and the BH was on the right, wrapped around the top so it wouldnt break off. If you post a pic I can tell you for sure.

Well, Mandy is here - the new DG'er. Talk to you later.

Going to pick up two bridal veil spirea's from CL later too.. like I dont have enough to try & get in the ground...lol!
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

April 21, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9091541

Happy birthday scbuttercup!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9091651

OH MY WE HAVE A birthday girl hOPE YOUR HAVEN A SPECIAL DAY :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #9091657

Hi all. I will make this short.. After the 30th I wiull be without internet at the house. So I will check in every time I go to town as the awful laundry mat has great wi-fi,,,lol

My barn is being delivered today. I hope to take lots of pictures for you all. I have way to many plants to move,,sigh.. wish you guys were closer you would be taking lots home...lol

Found a nest of rabbits right where the barn needs to go, also had a nest of baby snakes,,, a doe walked out into the yard and stared me down yesterday when I was being run over by the baby snakes,,,lol.. This is a true adventure

Oh yes forgot to say,, the cable stops 2/10ths of a mile from my house. They said the will run the cable " IF" I pay $3.50 per foot..!!!!!..

Should I beg for internet donations?? ROFLMWO..

Here's my sign...

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 12:23 PM

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9091686

Happy Birthday, Judy!!! And many more. :-)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9091699

Happy Birthday Judy!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

April 21, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9091727

Stephanie,

Your plants are on the way - should be there Monday - hope you enjoy!

Sue G.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9091736

Happy Birthday Judy! Hope you have a great day!

Kris, you are so close, but still so far away, with the Internet! Wonder why they stopped where they did?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9091741

GET A ROUTER MAYBE YOU CAN TAP INTO YOUR NEIGHBORS INTERNET :) hehe
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9091843

Dang, Elfie, that is not fun being so close yet so far away. Can you get internet on your cell phone?

Happy Birthday, Judy! May All Your Blooms Come True...lol
Pic is Daylily "Big Kiss" that was included with your plants.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9091862

Happy Birthday...

Elfie hold a plant sale and put it in the cable fund...rofl. Take lots and lots of pictures...ahhh Deer, how are you going to protect your plants? I had to get a big dog to save mine, only problem once he stopped chewing on the plants, he is now laying on them...rofl.

I had all the good intentions to get all my plants ready for the mail on Monday, then out of the blue a friend of my husbands we haven't seen in probably 15 years shows up in our driveway! We visited all afternoon, now we are all going out... glad I still have Sunday! The friends wife is from China, her English is better than my Chinese would be in a year that is for sure, but until we got away from the guys she wouldn't talk because she was afraid her English was too bad. Can't imagine leaving my family, my country, my language, and coming so far away...talk about leap of faith...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9092047

Elfie, If I was to find a nest of snakes...that deer would be watching me run for cover! This country gal doesn't 'do' snakes!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9092135

I have pics!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9092137

And more!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9092139

Last set!!

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9092243

Did you say you were converting the barn into a house?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #9092341

What a wonderful out-of-the-blue visit, happ. I can't imagine the language barrier or being so far from home. Years ago, I took 2 years of French, and the only words I remember how to translate are I love you, what time is it, eat, and eggs...lol Cudos to your Chinese friend. Yesterday while Mickey was being groomed, lunch was a carton of Shrimp fried rice and a bowl of egg drop soup from my favorite Chinese restaurant. Nobody there speaks English, you just point what you want on the menu and the cashier points back for your total on her register.

We saw several Park Model "Barns" similar to yours set up as permanent homes when we were camping, Elfie, but none were as long as yours is. Enjoy making it your new home!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2012
2:35 AM

Post #9092445

That's beautiful, Elfie. What a great project! I'm envious. I've always wanted to live in a barn. Or at least have a guest house or studio in one. We almost bought a house in CA that had an older barn (historic for some reason, I think) on the property. Sigh! ♥
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2012
3:50 AM

Post #9092469

Thanks so much for all the great birthday wishes! Of course I bought myself some plants and was inspired by photos of a garden in Alaska full of blue
Flowering plants that I saw on this thread, I think. Blue poppies, never saw them before and now I have one coming in the mail. I love birthdays.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 22, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9092482

Yes Mary,, we are converting it to a house. For now we have the tiny RV. But with 3 people it is going to get crowded fast!! We are going to add a wrap around porch so that we will have a huge outdoor living area. Part of it will be screened in and hopefully part will be glassed in for a sunroom / greenhouse for all my tropical plants.

While they were moving it in they were very careful not to crush a nest of baby rabbits we found!!

There will be 2 smallish lofts for the kids to camp out in when they visit too.

Also we will eventually add on to the back a large work room for Ralph and I to do our craft stuff. For right now it will just be the kitchen counter for me. I had just finished setting up my craft room at the house to when we found this.

We are moving as many of the plants as we can today to the new place. So glad I left them all in pots!!

The picture is what we will see from the wrap around porch when it gets built next year.

I like the idea of selling some plants to go towards a cable fund!! I will also be having a yard sale so all the money from that can go to the cable fund too!
I do have internet on my phone,,, hummm will see about the sprint air card thingy. It will at least let me be online enough to chat with everyone here. I remember now that Susie told me to go to radio shack and ask them about this. It will be on my list of things to do on Tuesday. So much to do and I am exhausted already. lol

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2012

Post #9092515

On the plus side Elfie, since you had just finished the craft area in your old home, you will know what didn't work for you and can even do a better one...You do have a lot going on, but so exciting. So glad the baby bunnies are doing good, you are such a sweetie. Would love to have a screened in porch, we had a big one when I was growing up, course we didn't have air back then and when it was really hot we would sleep in it, or go our my bedroom window and sleep on top of it...rofl. Course I have a black cat named Hairy and I am just afraid Hairy and a screened porch might not work so well. Living out here amongst the corn fields I am not sure we could survive without a cat to keep the mice at bay especially during the fall when they are looking for somewhere warm to go for the winter.

Here are some iris blooming in my garden, they are just starting.
My lilac is amazing this year and it is just sending off the most wonderful smells...wowzer.
The white bloom is actually my tree peony, one redish color one blooms much earlier and now this one is in bloom.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2012 6:25 AM

Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9092610

I have buds on my peony bush thought that the frost had got it but there are buds so guess there is hope yet to see blooms :) the weatherman this morning said we may have frost up till the 26th of may so i hope to go put up some protection for my lilies That are so early .
many of my Dwarf irises are in bloom . will share pics later .

congrats kris looking great .
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2012

Post #9092825

We could hit 32 or below tonight...geehz, but then 80's Tuesday, Wednesday...I am taking off of work. It is just so cold out there, no sun, windy... Hope my peaches hang on...so far so good.

DH bought 4 tomatoe plants and stuck them in the raised bed, rofl, I got to take a pic of these poor guys...rofl.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 22, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9092848

Oh my. The tomatoes won't survive 32 will they? What a temp swing. It was cold, windy, and damp yesterday even though it was 40. I was cold to my bones going through the garden doing a bit of clean up on what has come out of the snow and skimming the pond. Yuk. Rather garden in the garage. I ache all over.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9093214

evening all its going to be freezing temps here again tonight so i have to go cover once again tonight. i hope that jim & I can find the time to get our tent made for the plants so i won;t have to cover every night .
its been very windy & cold here also . i'm very tired tonight had a friend who's mother turned 90 so had to go to her party today & then came home fixed super . & here i sit with daddy he's tring to go to sleep in his chair but i won't let him ;)
he keeps me up alnight so i keep him away ow in hopes he will sleep all night .

well almost bought me a baby goat today if i had gotten closer to them i may have brought one home so i decided i had to stay back away .
I'm such a sucker for critters right now molly my turkey is sitting on 22 eggs that i can see.

well guess i better get off here & read to daddy ;0 will chat more later .
susie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9093415

Our lows the next two days are in the 40's, then they go up to the 60's. Close enough to May 1st for me, so I am going to start moving things out. Daytimes are 70's and low 80's.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 22, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9093550

22 eggs? Is that normal?
Love those blooms everyone!
Kris, LOVE that house!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2012

Post #9093607

Roller coaster weather here too. We desperately need rain, but a whole week-end of it *still* coming down is getting old. We watched the race in Kansas City this afternoon. Even the newscasters said it was 20 degrees below what they thought the temps should have been. It was chilly here today too, in the 50's, and the next few nights will be in the 30's. My cukes, zukes, peppers and tomato seedlings under grow lights will have to wait a little while longer. We're not officially 'out of the woods' until early May to plant tenders.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/freeze-frost-dates/

How can I complain about a little rain, Mary, when you're still buried under snow? Cudoes to you getting out there doing some clean-up.

What about hoop houses, Susie? Is that what you and Jim have in mind? I've been reading interesting articles about them and wouldn't mind building a few myself. One of the articles I came across showed how to build a hoop greenhouse. Can't wait to see Molly's brood.

Very nice pics, happ. Mickey follows me everywhere.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 22, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9093636

Deejay...ref. the delph seed, it needs to be started indoors under lights for best chances, I have never had any start in the garden from all the seeds that dropped. Probably not what you wannna hear, but... just a fact,lol. Larkspur are an annual delph and they do reseed in the garden, I was doing cleanup today and found hundreds of new babies a few inchehes tall. Problem is I need to rototill that area, I may dig up a bunch and pot them for now.
Broke up the soil and sprinkled seed for some dark red lupines to grow next to my purple ones. Got the ground good and soaked and hope to see seedlings in a week or so. Fingers crossed, lol. More weeding tomorrow so I can get more seed in, am thinking Nicotiana (heaven scent, one of the few var. that is extremely fragrant and can reseed from year to year), wanna make a few patches. Got an annual Osteospurmum I will start insitsu also along with Lathrus (sweet peas), Lobularia maritima (sweet allysum), Zinnias, Cosmos, Amaranthus, Dolochos lab lab (hyacinth bean vine), annual Papaver (poppy somniferum), Asperula orientalis (another yummy one), Zaluzianskya capensis (night phlox midnight candy, yummm), oh and reseda oderata (mignonette). I haven't even thought about veggies yet, guess I better get in gear, huh? Oh my...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9093965

ARE Y7OU SIGNING UP FOR THE MAY SWAP & DO YOU WANT TO JUST DO OUR TRADE OR OTHERS ALSO ??
LET ME KNOW OK :) +MAYBE I CAN GET YOUR BOX AROUND THIS WEEK . :)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2012
3:13 AM

Post #9095469

Kathy I am off tomorrow and will get the box in the mail. Was wanting off today but that didn't happen. 80 today and tomorrow.So sorry if any of you got hit by the noreastern snow...yuck.
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 24, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9095482

Iris advice

I see happ and Susans beautiful iris photos and for all my piles of iris plants (they look like the photo happ posted) I had ONE bloom. These are irises I received from a generous friend who lives a few miles away. All her plants are great quality and when I ask for advice she's the type who just says oh i neglect them...
I know there is something I'm not doing. Fertilize? I've been mostly just using compost every spring, maybe the layers of compost raised the soil level too high? But last spring I moved a bunch and planted VERY shallow, these didn't even have one bloom, nothing but healthy green leaves. I tore out a bunch of thethat has been taking up space for 5 years, the first time I've given up on a plant.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #9095513

OK JUST REMINDER THERE IS JUST 4 MORE DAYS LEFT TO MAIL FOR THIS MONTH I HOPE TO CLOSE THIS MONTHS SWAP WITH ALL RECEIVED BY THE 30TH . SO WE CAN MOVE ON WITH MAYS SWAPS .

PLEASE LET PARTNERS KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IF YOU CAN OR LET ME KOW SO I CAN LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW
I'M SURE YOUR SWAP CAN BE WORKED OUT .

really great boxes have bee shared & i Hope may can go just as nicely . 5 more days to sign up for the MAY swap .
if i have missed a post let me know .

REC'D TO -- FROM
TATERS55 /LK------ANITA

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #9095531

Susie, CZimmerman received from me.
buttercup, Iris are heavy feeders. Maybe your compost is missing something? And you are correct, the tops of the rhizomes, especially in the South, should be above the surface of the soil. They also stop blooming if they become overcrowded.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2012

Post #9095536

OK TY WAS CONTENTS POSTED FROM YOU ALL :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 24, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9095601

My box is going out today!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 24, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9095670

Got my box from Cheermom lat night :)
Full of great things!
Canna "The President"
Astilbe pink/purple
Clematis "Villa de Leon"
Lily "Commander in Chief"
Peony "Sandra Bernhardt"
Bottlebrush Ganzania
Asiatic Lily
Tropical Hibiscus

Thank you very much!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9095770

I had about decided it was time to move the plants in the house outside as our weather has been in the 70's and 80's, but Sunday night it is suppose to get down to 48*. My May 1st moving date is going to be closer to when I move them. 48* is a drastic change from the continual 70's in the house. 20% and 30% chances of rain Thurs thru Mon. I'll take it even if it is going to cool down to 66* on Monday for a hight. That is our predicted low for Wed & Thur!

I've spent the last 2 days potting up and dividing some plants I bought at the Herbal Festival here in SS. I got so much neat stuff. Some of it is not real big, especially the pieces I seperated, but they look GOOD. Tonight is a chance of high 40's for a low, but after that it is smooth sailing with lows in the 60's. I'm planting my ws'ing plants now. Next is to clean out the leaves in the big front flowerbed and off of the Amarylis and other plants that are against the north fence. I'm so excited! lol

Well, guess I'd better not plan on the delph seed I planted outside to do anything. DRAT! Nicotonia is one thing I have never tried but would like to. I love the strong frag plants. Also the larkspur. WIll have to work on that!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 24, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9095957

Does anyone have any fern leaf peony to share? I am looking for one for a friend, and all the sites I find are sold out. I will gladly send money and postage for it.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9096234

WOW NICE BOX MINNIE :) HOPE YOU ALL WILL FORGIVE ME BUT I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY WITH DADDY ALL NIGHT & ALL OF TODAY & I JUST HAVE TO LAY BACK SO KEEP CHATTING I JUST I TRULY NEED TO LAY BACK .
BACK IN THE MORNING

REC'D TO -- FROM
TATERS55 /LK------ANITA
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9096480

My box to Kathy is going out tomorrow, as far as I know I am off work...fingers crossed.

Judy iris will usually not bloom the first year after they have moved...so don't be discouraged. I moved some and this is probably the second year and I don't have alot of blooms yet. Iris will not bloom if they get too crowded for sure. I do not bury mine at all, my rhizone in zone 5 is above the ground for probably half of it. I fertilize sometimes and sometimes I don't. . Comanche Acres Iris is on facebook if you ask him he can tell you exactly what schedule for fertilizing. Don't give up.

Suppose to be in 90's tomorrow and then by the weekend we could hit a low of high 30's...what the heck?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
1:08 AM

Post #9096795

Happ, I am glad to know this. I'd like to do some Iris like that and they should be fine in my zone. Actually, my Dwarf White Tennessee Iris have the rhizomes above the soil line now that I think about that, and they are doing very well. I planted blue and purple tall bearded but not too far down. Someone gave them to me last year and they bloomed already this year. Maybe because they weren't planted too deeply?

Anyway, thanks for that tip. :)

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9096962

iris rhizones should never be below the ground, it can cause rot. Mine are usually buried about 1/2 way up the rhizone.
Love iris, as long as you have some time that dips below freezing I think everyone should be able to grow them. I have a great book I will look up and see.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9097029

Hey Linda, did you mail the box yet? I'm leaving on Saturday heading to Vegas for a week. My mail will be on hold at the post office until May 5th. Any chance the box will arrive by Friday?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9097149

GM ALL sorry so late this morning was digging up dwarf irises for our new friend :) PAT That you all got your Dahlias from
anyway she just left with a car full about 30+ plants so she is going to be a busy lady today .
I have to go get busy on my daily routine :) so you all have a great day rain moving in later today ,

susie
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 25, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9097277

Does anyone have Yellow Foxtail Grass or Ruby Wedding Masterwort? If so you could look at my list (mums and asters "Mary Stoker" are gone) as most everything is out from snow. Just two corners, well, three corners still under snow?? lol. I keep shoveling.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9097433

Kathy your box is on the way... I didn't have many of the plants you like so I hope what I sent will work.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012

Post #9097573

Anita, it went out yesterday, you should have it by Friday.
Hope you have a good trip!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9097721

Sorry I can't help you with those, Mary. Geez girl, when will you ever thaw out?

Wow Anita, have a fabulous time! Tell us all about it when you get back...or not. lol

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9097847

LoL it should be an interesting trip.

Thanks Linda I will be looking for it.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 25, 2012
7:29 PM

Post #9097919

Yeah !!!! A box of goodies on the way, I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks! Wow, spent the last 3 days weeding the main border and not even done yet, whew! Think I'm ready for bed, lol. 'Spose to rain for a couple of days, I'm ready.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9097923

Here's a funny true story. A friend of mine won a long week-end trip for two to Vegas last year (one of those deals to tour a timeshare property) and took her sister. The last night they were there, just getting ready for bed around 10 o'clock, my girlfriend was doing some last minute packing and did a double-take when she noticed their return flight was at 12:30...AM, not the next PM as they both had thought. That really sent them into a frenzy packing their bags, checking out of the Luxor, and a hurried cab ride to the airport where they arrived with only a few minutes to spare!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2012

Post #9098737

Oh my, that sounds like something I would do!!!!!!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9098745

My goodness! That would send me into a frenzy! I have had my bags packed for two weeks. I'm still packing and unpacking. LoL
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9098862

I start out in advance but seem to end up behind...how does that happen...?
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9099691

Linda, your box came yesterday! That shipping was super fast. You mailed out on Wednesday, right? I will have to pick the box up from he PO today. Hopefully I can post pictures in the morning.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2012
6:25 AM

Post #9099729

I mailed it out Tuesday, so glad it is there! Hope everything made it OK?
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9099745

I'm sure everything will be fine. My mailman always delivers at 1:30 but yesterday he didn't so I missed him. I'll be at the post office today with bells on!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 27, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9100131

Got a box on it's way home from the post office, yipeeee. Will let you know later, off to pick up the kids after school.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 27, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9100501

Ladies who I sent Bleeding heart to, I hope they do as well for you as they do me. :)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 6:06 PM

Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9100681

Anita, did you get your box?
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 28, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #9101346

Yes Ms Linda I got my box last night. Thank you thank you thank you! You seem to know the types of plants I love. I got 4 diiferent varities if sedum, a gerbera and african daisy and a bromliad. Love them all but the purple sedum has to be my favorite already.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 2:47 PM

Thumbnail by diamond9192002

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9104459

Very nice gathering of plants, LK. Love the one in the front that looks like little beans. Anita, how much of your plant budget have you blown in Vegas so far 0:) It's been so long since I gambled it was with a one-arm bandit playing quarters in Reno, eons ago.

Kathy, pics are of the Penstemon smallii Beardtongue 'Violet Dusk' and Phlox paniculata 'Minnie Pearl' that were included in your April box. Both these are blooming here now.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9104548

OH HOW LUCKY Fruity

HAS EVERY6ONE RECEIVED THEIR APRIL BOXES ???? I WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE THIS ONE SO WE CAN START
OUR MAY SWAP . PLEASE LMK IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR BOX .

I WILL CLOSE THIS TOMORROW MAY 1ST

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 1, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9105340

Fruity, the in Anita's picture up front is a burros tail.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 1, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9105653

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255544/

Ladies, there is a new swap open, Red white and blue, come and check it out!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2012

Post #9106032

Thanks, LK. Seems like I used to have one of those.

Susie, I'm good and have sent and received from the April girls, you Kathy, and Judy.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 3, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9108631

Talking to Kris on the phone, and she says if you have anything to mail, please mail it to... Until she gets her address fixed. If your sending plants, please mark the box "live plants"!

Kris Shotts
C/O Domino's Pizza
855 Market place
Alexander City, Alabama

She is working hard getting things organized and built, and say's hey to everyone!

This message was edited May 3, 2012 9:05 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9109342

Last month, I mailed the plants I had earmarked for Kris had she been able to attend our June RU. Mailed and received in the nick of time before her move.

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 3, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9109422

I have LOV to send her but wont get to it for a bit (and for you others I was going to send to). I have pneumonia :( and am down for the count...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 3, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9109488

You need to be in bed, getting lots of rest! Hope your feeling better soon!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9110476

Take care minni. Pneumonia in the summertime is the worst! Rest, rest, rest but don't lie flat too long or the fluids will settle.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 4, 2012

Post #9110552

yah Crit, I cant. :( Im having a garage sale this weekend (yesterday through tomorrow). Thankfully mom is here to help me out.
Never had it before...never want it again!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 4, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9110680

I'm Going to mark this as closed but there is still one more to receive a box & it will arrive soon :)
come on over here & chat with us .

Minn Get well & Good luck with your sale I'm planning one also .
MAY SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2012
11:35 AM

Post #9129643

Today I received my box from jsxtiger. A commercial box from Michigan Bulb held a package of 3 assorted Tricyrtis as well as Oenothera missouriensis, Aeonium 'Kiwi' and a Metasequoia. An over zealous lawn helper killed my Metasequoia a few years ago, so now I can replace it.
Thank you very much, JSX! I will get these planted tomorrow.
Alana

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 19, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9129671

Great box Alana!!!! Hope that tree grows fast for you...

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9129725

poisondartfrog, i wholeheartedly apologiz for the box's lateness, please forgive an overworked, unpaid ol lady!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9129892

HEHE Jsx That sounds Like Me Now we can all relate to that :) this poor ole lady has her feet in some Dish water Bath :) hehe an old friend told me that for years she soaks her feet in DAWN Dish soap with a dash of bleach & its taken the stinging out of my feet so i hope it works has anyone else tried it ????

great box from everyone thank you all .
susie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9129919

Try Epsom salt Susie!
Thanks for the great swap!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9213091

I wanted to share this photo of a plant jsxtiger sent to me for this swap. "Purple People Eater" Datura has the largest bloom I have ever had on Datura metel, rivaling the size of Brugmansia. The bloom is 8-10 inches tall.
Here she is:

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 21, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9213118

Oh how pretty Hope you can get some seeds from it :) I planted datura seeds & Nothing has grew .but always willing to try again :)
ty for sharing
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9213934

I planted some Datura Devils trumpet last year that were purple like that. They were sure pretty. Had a double yellow too but got no babies from them this spring. I have some seed pods, but don't knoe if they are viable. Need to check my stash and see if I have anymore.
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

July 21, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9213938

Wow I have some white datura from seeds passed down many years from a plant my mother got from a friend in Florida, sentimental but a plain white variety. If anyone ever has my name in a swap this fall or spring and can get their hands in those purple datura seeds you know what you can send me.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 22, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9214745

Hey Deejay...I have seed from Dautra metaloides which is a white variety, gets to 4', flowers are fragrant and will reseed in the garden if allowed. Wasn't sure they were going to do anything this year with as dry as it had been, but could include a baby for you. They are only an annual but like I say they can reseed if allowed. Also on the trade I owe you, one of the special plants I had dug and potted, has now sprouted and sending up leaves (Crambe cordifolia), got to get into the mail soon tho as the leaves will get HUGE!!!!! Now I know it's alive and will survive for you I will be working on that box along with 2? others, Geez, I sure hope I get caught up or my name will end up as mud...Gosh maybe I should allow you to, that would probably mean I got Rain!!! LOL...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9214794

sounds great kathy I'll be here just waiten for cooler weather so i can get them right into the ground :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 25, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9217751

Is anyone else getting rain? We have had it for the past two days. Today there's a 50% chance of rain. ^^^^^
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 25, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9217822

We've had rain almost every day this week :D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2012

Post #9218161

Not much here but possible tonight . sorry for being MIA Just home to lay down for a couple hours then back to the hospital with daddy
will give up-date later when i can think better .Its going to be a long week have to call in Hospis will try to et back on tomorrow after We get him home .
don't have time to check all my forums so if anyone ask I will be back as soon as i can GOOD NITE All.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012

Post #9219530

NO RAIN HERE!!!!!! Please send. Weather at noon said we are in severe drought with part of the state in extreme drought.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 27, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9220156

Datura meteloides aka Datura inoxia is a short lived perennial for me. I love it's prostrate habit and it smells wonderful but it can take over in good years although not to the point I would eliminate it. Once in a while it does not return and I have to start over.
I've tried several species but this year aside from D. inoxia I only grew D. metel. I am especially fond of the white and yellow picotee and white and yellow bicolor, but the pure white semi double seems to have the most pronounced fragrance.
I took these at daybreak, hence the dark hues.
1. Datura inoxia
2. Datura metel Ballerina White
3. Datura metel Semi double white
4. Datura metel Yellow Double Picotee
5. Datura metel Yellow Triple Bicolor

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog   Thumbnail by poisondartfrog   Thumbnail by poisondartfrog   Thumbnail by poisondartfrog   Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9220420

WOULD LOVE TO TRY A FEW SEED NEXT YEAR :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9224519

Poisondartfrog, I would love to try the triple yellow if you offer seeds.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9225375

I would love to try any of the colored ones if you have enough.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #9225673

I will make seeds available when I collect them to whoever wants them. I don't want to jinx them by pre-offering. Every time I do that it seems like a catastrophe happens and I end up unable to collect any of whatever it is I have offered, lol.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2012

Post #9225726

Here's some Datura seeds for sale

http://www.onalee.com

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2012
6:52 AM

Post #9225791

I'm looking for the strain of D. inoxia that has the lavender edge if anyone has any or knows a source.

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

August 1, 2012

Post #9225929

I can send my white fragrant Datura seeds to anyone who wants to D-mail me their address. Just put "Datura Seeds" in the subject line!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9225999

CheerMom, thanks for your offer. I have never seen the spreading datura. I share some of my seeds with the parks and rec greenhouse. If they use the seeds then I get some of the plants. They tend to use unusual plantsthat we cannot find around here.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 4, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9229442

I also have the fragrent white spreading datura. I planted the Moonflower vine this year. The vine has gone all the way up the pole, but I have yet see any flowers. The vine is suppose to be even more fragrent than the upright plant.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9231035

Crit, did you start your plants from seed?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9231381

Yes
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9233125

Has anyone herad from Susie?

Cirt, did you have to do anything special to get your plants started from seed?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 7, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9233181

The vine you have to soak the seed and nick it, but the spreading plant nothing special
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 7, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9233570

She posted on other posts over the weekend, but I dont think so since yesterday.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 7, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9233573

I HERE ANITA CALL ME SOME TIME :)
Crit Not sure if you saw the aug post but you can send My box any time now things have slowed down here & Now i have plenty of time to play in the gardens & try to get caught back up on them :).
I'm going to plant some carnation seeds tomorrow I hope .
Need advice : would it be wise to plant them in Planters or right into the ground ????
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 7, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9233589

Susie - I will get the Heuchera..Huechera...coral bells to you that we talked about too. :) I was waiting until things slowed down for you. :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9233898

OOH Minn guess i forgot :) sorry if i owe anything please refresh my memory please . off to the great outdoors :)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 8, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9233936

nope - dont owe me a thing :) It will be this weekend before i can get out there and dig.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9234110

ok ty but if i have something on my list you would like please ask .
susie
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 9, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9235690

Susie, are there sme carnations that are annual and perennial? If annual I would say plant them in a flower pot.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 9, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9235808

I'm not sure what these are for i ordered them last spring & didn't get them planted I still have them so guess i will have to look them up .

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America