Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Looking for suggestions to replace a lost friend...

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

This is a photo of a Brug I had some years ago. It's hard to tell from the picture, but It was very orange!

I have no idea which it was, it actually came from a Lowes, but I would love to find another really orange one.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Melissa

Thumbnail by tombaak
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Melissa,
Very pretty brug.You might try a Jean Pasko or an Insignis orange that Logees use to carry.

Kyle :-)

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Thanks Kyle! I'll look for one of those two.

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Still looking for a REALLY orange one!

If you've got one, I have rooted cuttings of this pink (no name as I grew it from a seed given to me by Kell) to trade :)

Thanks,
Melissa

Thumbnail by tombaak Thumbnail by tombaak
Williston, ND

i like that orange one,ill keep a eye out for you for one,i just moved to san antonio a few months ago]

JIM

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Thanks Jim, it was just SO orange, the picture doesn't do it justice. And of all places it came from a "box" hardware store Lowes.

Williston, ND

we have a lot of lowes and home depots here,maybe one will turn up

Long Beach, CA

And none at the Lowes or Home Depot here! That just sucks!

This message was edited Jun 13, 2013 6:40 AM

Dodd City, TX(Zone 7b)

I realize your post was quite some time ago, but I just found a source for Brugs that is great and they have a wonderful orange.

http://ezonlineads.com/MaranathaNursery/brug_catalog.htm is the website and the variety that is a great orange is:HERRENHAUSER GARTEN

Long Beach, CA

Thanks for the link oldflowerchild. But I can not find HHG on the site.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I googled Herrenhauser garten brugmansia and there were several nurseries listed that sell it.

Long Beach, CA

What plant did you decide on?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I just wanted to mention that Herrenhauser Garten is a hard brug. to get to bloom. I had one for three years and in all that time only got to blooms on it.

Mulberry, FL

Look for LBG super bloomer lovely orange why spend any time with a diva. Or wuppergold here it is

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.