Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Georgia Gardening: any RU this year?

Communities > Forums > Georgia Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Georgia GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sterhill
Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9058982

Hi everybody - I'm back!! Life does get in front of you sometimes, do it not!

I am not planting any broccoli this spring due to this weird heat. I did get my toms and peppers started back in February so they are about ready to go in the ground. Maybe plant some in November?

How is everybody? Isn't it time for a Round Up?

Sterling
wholyhosta
Lula, GA

March 27, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9059013

Hi, Sterling, there has been some mention of a RU. Still in the works, I'm guessing!

It would be great to see everyone again.

And yes, it is very warm... my blossoms are not lasting very long or they are competing with the leaves, like on my cherries- and my viburnums are fading quickly, a shame because they are so fragrant and I would love to smell them a bit longer! Daffs... too soon gone!

Brenda B
sterhill
Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9059798

same here - I had such a big show of color from the spanish hyacinths and they usually last a couple of weeks but they are getting cooked. Azaleas are not lasting so well either. Daffies came and went!
RandyRick
Dahlonega, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9060049

round em up...

I'll try to join in.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 31, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9064740

Sterling, you're just too fast for me. Since you brought it up here's where I'm at RU-wise...

We are open to hosting a Georgia RU again. We enjoy doing it and love that all of you have enjoyed sharing Maypop with us (rustic though it may be). We are available to host the later part of June. DD is getting married the end of July and part of the post-nuptial doings involves a whole weekend of shindigging in the N. GA mountains. We are committed to other things until late June. We are probably talking about June 23rd.

I've not put a formal invite out because we're talking about plans three months away. I am so busy with wedding planning and don't want to appear a bad hostess by not micromanaging RU threads this early. But, if you would like to do it again at our place, we'd be thrilled to have all you Georgia DGers, and a few of the honorary Georgia DGers back again. Hope you see this Linny.
sterhill
Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9065227

Great! My friend Bonnie also keeps asking. I already have some nice things, comfortably settled in pots so just say when. Wedding are such fun! Well, for the people who do not have to work all the details that is! Maypop is such a cool place!
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9065554

I'll put an official invite up in mid-April. We're looking forward to seeing everybody.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Georgia Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Favorite Local Nursery? violabird 23 Apr 17, 2007 9:17 PM
Corn Gluten Meal SusanCalvert 10 Aug 11, 2009 7:40 PM
wild roses teateacher 11 Jun 1, 2007 4:31 PM
Grass out, Moss in soupcon 15 May 14, 2008 4:28 PM
powdery mildew remedies soupcon 4 May 31, 2007 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America