-
AuthorContent
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

March 27, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9059581

The Good is I have 8 Ringed Teal ducklings hatched yesterday and the Regular Bahama Pintail had 1 duckling hatched this a.m. with more to go as she is still glued to the nest lol.

The Bad is my Bladder Cancer is back. 2 tumors found and maybe a 3rd. The 3rd is the area where the original tumor was removed. Dr said it didn't look good. Having surgery in April on Friday the 13th!!!!!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

March 27, 2012
4:03 PM

Post #9059597

I was thinking of you yesterday wondering how you were doing. So sorry to hear of this new bad news. Happy to hear about your ducklings though. All we can do is try to focus on the good, take extra good care of ourselves and then do what we have to do.
Prayers are with you DonnaB.

Did you see the videos on youtube where they were talking about cancer being a fungus? The doctor was saying they are always white, and that take baking soda can often kill it. It was a neat video. One out of every two of us will have it they now say, whereas a hundred years ago it was very rare. It is possible it is all the antibiotics we have taken. They are made from molds. ??? I don't know but something is definitely wrong.

You take care and get well.
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9059642

Donna - Great news about your ducks. I unfortunately lost one to a predator a day ago. Poor girl, all I found was a clump of feathers. Now I will need to see if I can find another female (or two) because I only have one girl to 3 boys. I hope the rescue place lets me adopt more. They may not since I have lost 2 to predators in a year. But with Easter fast approaching they may have to change their mind when they are over run with them.

Sorry to hear that your cancer is back. I just finished my bout with breast cancer. So I know it is a rough go no matter how big or small it may be. Now I am in another fight...Insurance Co wants to deny my claim. So I've got another tough row to hoe. I will say a prayer that this is cleared up quickly for you.
smedgekles
Conroe, TX

March 27, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9059754

Oh Donna, so sorry to hear about the cancer. I'll add you to my prayers.
porkpal
Richmond, TX

March 27, 2012
8:46 PM

Post #9059894

You have all my best wishes Donna. Take care!
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

March 28, 2012
3:22 AM

Post #9060027

DonnaB so sorry you have to deal with this again,will keep you in my prayers.
catmad
Pelzer, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9060057

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope the surgery this time takes care of it for good.

And congrats on the babies :)

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 28, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9060085

Donna we are all pulling for you! Prayers are always the way to miracles, and you have a lot of those coming from all of us!
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

March 28, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9060286

Thank you all. I appreciate it. They said from the very beginning it was a high risk type that would keep coming back but I honestly didn't believe them. Was kind of neat to see it with my own eyes. Hubbie was with me. They put in a scope(not fun) and it showed on a monitor.
smedgekles
Conroe, TX

March 29, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9061565

Eat as much alkaline foods as you can and stay away from acidic ones. Cancer can't live in a alkaline state.
I know a young man that was dealing with bone cancer. He ate very alkaline and found he felt better and could tell by the way he felt when he ate non alkaline. He did go through chemo and all that, but felt better if he ate alkaline foods. He is now cancer free.
Just a suggestion, It might help.

This message was edited Mar 29, 2012 7:13 AM
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

March 29, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9062428

Yes I have heard the same things Smedgekles.

When I was so very sick with lupus I almost prayed to die, and went to the healthfood store as a last ditch effort. They told me to start eating raw vegetables, drinking distilled water, and cut out the chemicals from my foods and environment. Wasn't really what I wanted to hear, but I was sick enough to try it, and I am here to tell you, I did get better.

This will probably sound crude, but I used to complain to God, "Why didn't you just let me have cancer? With cancer you live or you die and it is over with. With lupus you are sick forever, just a long lingering no life, no energy, nothing." I regret saying that now. Yes, I am weak and I have to stay out of the sun, and I have issues. My finances were below tragic, but I am still here and enjoying life a little. I am alone most of the time, but my finances have improved, though no fault of my own. I am blessed.

DonnaB, you get better too.

DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

March 29, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9062465

not always true LFJ. each lupus and cancer is different. I knew 2 people that died with lupus in their mid 20's. I am how you described yourself with the lupus. " just a long lingering no life, no energy, nothing." As long as I keep letting them cut pieces out of me every 3 months I will live. My nothing life has to do with the RA, Fibro, spinal surgeries. I don't sleep much which doesn't help either unless i take drugs which I rarely do. I have to stay out of the sun too. I pass out and then am sick for hours afterwards because of some of the meds I am on

If it is Gods will I will get better because this is the last time I am letting them cut pieces of me. I already told my husband and DD. I am sick to death of going to Drs that don't care, I am tired of strange men digging around in my privates and living a life in constant pain. This new Uro Dr to me to spread my legs but apparently I didn't spread them wide enough for him so he grabbed my knees and push them way apart. I screamed because he hurt my hips and back doing it. he said what???? I said I have Ra in my hips and have a very bad back so he just crams in the scope. What fun!!! Another one that doesn't bother to read your chart. Hubbie said you should have said something. Well how was I supposed to know he was going to do that, you were standing right behind him why didn't you stop him!!! I got to go through 2 scopes being crammed in. the second one because he found the cancers with the one that would go all the way around and the 2nd one to get a straight on close up view. Was neat to see it on the monitor though

I have already contacted a person about taking all of my exotic ducks at one time and she is interested. Hope it works out. My friend can get rid of my chickens for me. I will keep my domestics ducks for now as I love to eat the eggs and they free range so are easy to care for
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9066575

Yes, I know about the doctors. I know all too well, which is why I don't let them touch me. A man on fb which is a distant relative of mine, we have the same very unusual last name, found the answer about medical schools. Just found him by accident after trying to find one of my cousins on fb. Anyway, he posted a good video the other day about how the Rockefeller family own and control the medical schools. I had said prior that we need to find out who is teaching these doctors to do these terrible things. Much of what they do is nothing short of barbaric. The Elite families have their own agenda, and healing people is not part of it.

Sometimes we find ourselves in a situation we must cooperate with these doctors though. A lady I know had a hysterectomy a few months ago. Her choice was surgery, or bleed to death.

If we really have freedom, why can't people that really know how to help people practice medicine? Let the market decide.

Even chicken doctors. Why is it only these "approved" schools that are teaching whatever they are teaching for whatever reasons, whether right or wrong, truth of lies, get to put up a sign and practice? It is all a bunch of garbage. We are in bondage. The sooner we face that fact, the sooner we may break free.

I'm sorry you are hurting.

Before my mother died, I didn't think too much about death, but now I do. I am fifty-five, and see nothing but old age, misery and death before me. lol Seriously, that is how I often think. Oh well, it is that way for all of us isn't it? We are born, we grow up, we get older, and some day we die, the cycle of life. I, of course, believe there is a life beyond this one, and I fondly look forward to it.

I still believe there is hope for your recovery. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as I know others are praying for you as well.

Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

April 2, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9066608

I also feel quite frustrated. Am not able to clean my house or take care of things like I would like to do. Being a very proud person, I don't ask people for anything if I can help it. I am alone. At least you have people around you that care for you.

My left leg has been swelling and feels numb much of the time. I am quite concerned about it. The doctor said it is either from my heart or lymphatic system. I did a juice fast a few weeks ago, trying to see if it would make a difference. No change that I can notice. Eight years ago, when my mother was dying I had several mild heart attacks, this is my own diagnosis, not a doctor's. I've had the problem with my leg ever since. Lupus causes heart damage. My mother dying would have been bad enough, but relatives came in for the kill on everything they could steal from her estate. It was all cruel and unnecessary. I was weak and they knew it. So, now you know the rest of the story. lol
catmad
Pelzer, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9067336

never mind. bad idea :(

This message was edited Apr 2, 2012 6:02 PM
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

April 2, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9067598

LOL Catmad

LFJ I am beyond all that. I just don't even care anymore. If hubbie gets tired of something he does it in the half baked way men do things. When I was able my house stayed spotless always and everything was in its place. I was a good wife, mother, homemaker, and I worked full time too. So I am not ashamed over what I can't do. That's not something I need to stress myself out about. It did take me a couple of years to figure that out thought
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9068762

Glad you found that peace. I am still somewhat bothered.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9087481

Donna, I am so sorry to hear this bad news. You are in my prayers.
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 20, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9090439

Dear Sweet Donna... You were and are such an asset to this forum. You have given knowledge and help so many times... and shared your experiences good or bad and I appreciate every minute of it. I think you have a good attitude, regardless of the situation. I'm proud to have been a part of your life and hope you stay in touch with me.
I love your duck pictures and learning about them.
porkpal
Richmond, TX

April 20, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9090474

ZZ is so right! We love to hear from you and treasure your knowledge and experience.
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

April 22, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9093073

well not sure what to think about this Dr. he removed and biopsied the inflamed looking place where the first cancer was removed twice. it came back clean. The other 2 cancer spots he just burned off and told me to come back in 3 months for another office scoping!!! So how does he know how deep the tumors were if he didn't cut them out and send for biopsy??? I am still feeling bad a week later with I guess the little beasties ladies get from taking strong antibiotics. I am on fire and they did a urine test and mirco on it and didn't say I had them when I saw him Wednesday. I figured it was still the burning from the surgery and went back on the pills that turn it orange with little releif. I sent hubbie to the store to get the cure this morning. Hope it works fast or something else is wrong. I called the Dr office yesterday and he doesn't have a service. Message said to call number given for extreme emergency only. I didn't call because I don't believe he would consider it an emergency. He is very arrogant
porkpal
Richmond, TX

April 22, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9093314

Hmmm, I certainly hope he knows what he is doing...
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

April 22, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9093454

yes me too!!!!! Especially since it is such a big ordeal for me to go through in the first place

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9094044

Donna its hard for me to respond to all that you are going through...Im sorry...but I think you ought to give that Doctor a good piece of your mind!! You should not have to suffer at his hands! You speak up for your self girl and any time anyone comes through a Dr. office door towards you ..you ask them if they 've read your charts! Then you TELL them again! Remember They are not just (supposedly) learned Doctors, they are employed by you to do a job correctly and hopefully respectfully! They do not have the right to mistreat you! sorry for venting here!

Im with the others here...we love you!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

April 23, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9094488

Well I have to say this again, even if it is unasked for and unwanted. I have had extreme kidney and bladder problems in the past. The kind that leaves your body swollen and retaining fluid, esp the ankles, and I found that an herb called "uva ursi" really helps.

I buy it at vitamin shoppe online. Before I found this herb I was in bad shape.

It is my miracle herb, and I don't know where I'd be without it. It is also good for people that have no control of their bladder. I guess people have used it for hundreds of years, but because it is natural and cannot be patented the pharmaceutical companies are not interested. Which just goes to prove, that they are not really interested in health, but in profits.

We do care DonnaB, and you hang in there.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9095245

Donna, I think of you so often and we pray for you at our church. I so enjoy your posts and pics. I just love all the beautiful ducks you have and your knowledge of them. I have learned so much from you.

You need to have a sit down powwow with the arrogant doc and let him know where you stand. You are a valuable human being with feelings and opinions, and intelligence. He has no right to treat you like an animal.
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2012
9:51 PM

Post #9095394

LFJ not trying to be a smart alec but if herns cured cancers millions of people wouldn't go through what I have and much worse tying to get rid of it. I tried herbs back in the 90, handfuls full a day. One or more kinds for every problem I had. They did nothing for me but then again neither did the Drs lol.

Thank you everyone. If I can be checked in office not having to stop taking my coumadin and take the horrid shots I will put up with the humiliation and pain to be checked again in 3 months. Then will see after that...
porkpal
Richmond, TX

April 24, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #9096041

Hang in there, we're rooting for you!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

April 26, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9098929

No doubt not all herbs are good for all people for all ailments. I just happened to be blessed to find a few that helped me miraculously. Yet, I am far from cured of lupus. I still suffer fatigue and am terribly allergic to the sun. After forty-three years of this, I doubt I will ever be cured. Yet, somehow I continue to hope I suppose.

I just juiced a beet/carrots/ and added parsley and cilantro. Tada, I don't do this often enough, but today I did. It was tolerable. I try to do something every day to improve my health a little bit. Still my diet is not perfect, nor am I. Hope I did not offend or trouble you in an already difficult situation. I have been at death's door a few times, and just wanted to share in what I found helped me. Sorry if I made things worse with my talk.

Just read part of a webpage about the lymphatic system and it was so over my head the only thing I learned really was that our bodies are very complicated and intricate instruments. If something goes wrong in one place it affects so many other areas.

Our bodies are miracles really when you think about it, especially our eyes and ears I think.

Get well soon.

Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9139363

DonnaB, I hurt my back a few weeks ago working outside. The house next door where they had been dealing drugs and God knows what else came up for sale. I bought it just out of fear of more people of that caliber buying it. :( Not that I wanted it.

So, I had been next door carrying out trash and picking up heavy things and mowing. Apparently that was too much for me, as I pulled some muscles in my back. The pain was pretty bad. I had never felt anything like that before. I still cannot bend over and pick up anything without a small reminder of the pain. I just thank God it was just the muslces and not something in my spine. I couldn't sleep at night for a week.

Also I had been careless and had exposed myself to too much sun. So the lupus was causing my knees and hands to swell and hurt.

Just thought I'd let you know I am much more sympathetic to your plight. Sorry if I have sounded like a jerk from time to time.

Not sure what I'll do with that house, but it might make a great chicken coop. :)

It had previously been the nicest house on the block. Sure can't tell it now, those people really tore it up. I can't even go inside because it is just full of dog and cat poop. The stench is overwhelming. Have hired a man to come and pull all the carpets out.

Not sure what I have myself into. Still, nobody knows the stress I felt from the people that lived there before. It is such a blessing for them to be gone.

CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 27, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9140766

Glad you are on the mend. Good neighbors are a blessing too many of us take for granted. Send some pics of the new place and we can help you with ideas. :)
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9140786

Thanks Cajun,

Well here is the backyard. Might want to mute it, the camera makes a thumping noise when it is low on batteries, at least that is my assumption. The dog was barking.

Those guys were trying to tear down the garage for some odd reason. A young carpenter came and put the wall back up, just so it wouldn't collapse, but it still has no sides. I looked at a garage door online and the cheap one was $660, the nice one was $1500. That slab of cement used to have a nice RV carport over it, but they tore it down too, for some unknown reason.

The front of the house looks worse if you can imagine. He took the door off the side and put it where the picture window was. Wait till you see. It is really kind of hilarious. I may just live here and pretend I don't know who owns the house next door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ZCu8F8SRw&list=UU1ialBy__rhI_06Tf0NpfMw&index=4&feature=plcp
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 27, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9140799

Looks like a good sized house but they sure did a number on it. It's a shame. It was hard to tell much because the video was constantly moving but it looks like it needs new siding. How are the window frames? The roof looks good. You might think about using the house for storage or like a barn. You could use the lot like a mini homestead with raised beds and fruit trees. Chickens, rabbits and goats don't need much space and give big returns for little expense. (relatively small) LOL
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9140860

Yes, my photography skills are lacking. :)

First thing is getting those huge trees trimmed so they are not breaking and damaging the garages. I'm on a waiting list for that.

It would take a ton of money to repair it properly, and my own house has things in need of attention too. I'm going to have to take it one day at a time and hope for the best.

Nice of you to try to help me Cajun. I really appreciate it. I would enjoy having another yard for poultry and a garden, and use the garage to store one of my cars. That would be awesome. It even has a cellar, which could be a huge blessing in case of tornadoes. I never had a cellar before. I've always wanted one.

No goats though, goats are not allowed in town.

Take care.

Thumbnail by Light_for_Jesus
Click the image for an enlarged view.

porkpal
Richmond, TX

May 27, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9141182

It does look as if you have taken on a major project! At least you won't be lacking for things to do any time soon. Good luck!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2012
9:58 PM

Post #9141260

No doubt about it Porkpal, and if it isn't fixed up in my lifetime I really don't care. At least I have peace around here for the first time since 2000. Before that this nice elderly couple lived there. They took such good care of that house and yard. Since then there have been three different families in there, and each one was a little worse than the one before. It doesn't even look like the same house, inside or out. The inside was especially shocking, since I remember so well how immaculate it was prior.

I've lived here since 1983.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 30, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9145463

Just take it slow and easy. You can gain a bit of satisfaction each day in small things. I do that more and more as I get older.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America