recycled bottle counter top

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

we poured the first set of counter tops today
now it has to sit for 10 days then ill use a wet grinder & buffer on it .

Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

You are the most creative person I've ever wanted to meet. You are awesome, simply tops!
Looking forward to the finished project.

WOW!!! My head just grew 3 sizes ....LOL Thank you :)
I can't wait to see it either .. My wet sander got her yesterday.. I told DH if we didn't like it when I was finished I could always tile over it ...hahaha!!!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Awesome lady!

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm so eager to see the whole house finished!

Ewing, NE

Very nice work

thanks its ready to start sanding.. hope to get it sanded this weekend had an unexcepted :) (surprise) visit from my son this week

Thumbnail by denimangle

ok hope this goes today have been trying to post for 2 days :(
..this is the first use of the wet grinder/sander looking pretty good then it was covered again with a very thinned out layer of portland to fill in some of the airholes you could do this as many tiles you wish to get your look even adding color if you wished .

we will embrace the perfection of the imperfection on ours.

Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle
(Bev) Wytheville, VA(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous job! I've been reading about doing the same. Do you tumble the glass that you use on the counter tops?

Hi Bev , thanks
no just smach and use . no tumbling needed

OK, thanks. You going to top coat the counter with a sealer or resin?

they will be sealed with a food friendly sealer & bees wax

Cool!!!

all sandedand waiting for sealer they have to dry for a few days

Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle

That counter top is freakin' awesome!!! Wooohooo!! It's a good thing we don't live close by, I'd aggravate you to death wanting to see what you're up to everyday, lol!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

I too would love living close to denimangle, the smartest, most talented,most creative and hardest working of any one person I've ever heard of. Let's add brave (will try anything) to the list. Deni, you are to be admired by all and probably most of us are jealous of your many talents. I love everything I've ever seen you post. A big thank you for sharing.
Faye

ditto!

Id Put you both to WORK !!!!

Faye your check is in the mail ..lol

Y'all are to kind

This message was edited Apr 15, 2012 8:51 AM

I would have no problem helping you at all!! We're presently stuck as just your cheering section, LOL!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Boy, and working with you! what an education that would be, and I'm willing to learn.

Southern California, CA

Beautiful!!

DH says im a whip cracker ....lol

A cheering section is always nice to have :)

Somebody has to crack the whip to keep the rest in line, lol.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Awesome! Wished I had seen this before we did our new outdoor kitchen counters. We had leftover tiles from floors and counter tops but not enough to use whole so hub's smashed them.

Thumbnail by bigred

good looking counter tops Bigred....and a lot less labor intense

I've been creating our outdoor counter tops for 3 yrs and opted for a similar mosaic idea! I'd like to get back to them this summer and hope they finish up as good as yours bigred!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks everyone.Deni,I really do love your and if we ever do another counter top,I want to try your idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.