Mt. Ranier, Mt. St. Helens, Copalis Beach, OlympiaWA

Jonesville, SC(Zone 7b)

My wife and I will be staying in Copalis Beach June 8-15. We will be visiting the places mentioned in the subject. Anyone have any do's or dont's for this trip? Will all the areas of Ranier and St. Helens be open during this early season? My wife will be 5-6 months pregnant for this trip so there will not be any hiking or strenous exercising. Any information will be appreciated.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

You are going to a fabulous part of the world. I hope you will be able to take the time to drive around - since the hiking bit is out.

I can't speak to what the weather/accessibility will be like in June. Our trip was in October, and another time in December.

My wife and I took our first extended vacation to Washington state back in 1986. Original plan was to visit Seattle and Mt. Rainier, but three solid days of rain led us to the conclusion that elsewhere was better - wherever that took us. And we were forever glad we did.

Make sure you cruise through the wine growing regions, the Columbia River valley, and around the Olympic Peninsula too - especially if the weather is poor wherever you are currently.

Make a list of everything in the area that sounds interesting, and do as many as you find enjoyable. There obviously is going to be plenty of good eating opportunities.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images