Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Bird Watching: Ruby-Throat Hummingbirds Vol. IV

Communities > Forums > Bird Watching
bookmark
Forum: Bird WatchingReplies: 2, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
7:42 PM

Post #9059829

I'm among the very first to see R.T Hummingbirds migrated back North from their wintering home down South. Yesterday was my first sighting. I saw a male on my honeysuckle vines. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo for by the time I returned with a camera, he was gone. I didn't see one today, but I know more are coming.

I did put my nectar feeder up last several weeks anticipating their arrival, but like I stated above, the 1st arrival prefer the 'natural resources' of the honeysuckle blooms. There are other blooming flowers to welcome these beautiful birds back. So to all the hummingbird enthusiasts -- Please get ready to welcome their return.

We came from here, last year thread when the birds migrated North. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1212268/

This message was edited Mar 27, 2012 8:43 PM

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

March 28, 2012
2:03 AM

Post #9060011

Hi Lily, Congrats on seeing a hummer.

I'm confused though. There has already been a thread opened up by MajiA here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248076/

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9060060

Pelle, it's my confusion, not yours. Please pardon everyone. Let's stay with MajiA's lead. I'll continue to post my hummingbirds sighting over there.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Bird Watching Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Best Trees and Shrubs for the Bird Garden? tabasco 234 Jul 2, 2011 1:55 AM
Show me your feeders!...Part 2.... Sheila_FW 302 Nov 12, 2010 11:27 AM
Rose-breasted Grosbeak DonnaB 47 Jul 8, 2011 1:39 AM
Cedar Waxwing Photos duckmother 13 Oct 17, 2007 1:38 AM
Trumpeter Swans Grasmussen 17 Sep 7, 2008 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America