-
AuthorContent
DAustin9241
Raleigh, NC

March 28, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9060230

Hello all,

This is probably a very worn out topic, but I was at a local garden center this weekend looking at all of the available Knock Out Rose selections and settled on the Double Pink variety. Here's my question before I buy - Is the Double Pink variety as vigorous as the original single rosy red variety? I have heard that The Rainbow isn't and the Sunny is vigorous but a little lack-luster due to the quickly fading blooms. I really don't want to put the originals in my garden because they are so over planted these days. I will be planting a long hedge row as a back drop for groupings of Euphorbia 'Nothowlee' and the new Black Coral Colocasia, so I need a good four foot high hedge and am hoping Double Pink is vigorous. Thanks for the feedback.
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

March 28, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9060891

My double pink knockouts have not gotten as large as my single pink knockouts, and seem slightly more prone to black spot. But I do like them. Nice cut flowers, too.
echinaceamaniac
(Clint) Medina, TN
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2012
10:14 PM

Post #9080474

The double Pink is my favorite and seems to be the best looking of them. The yellow one does fade quickly. There is just something about the pink one that looks more like a "real" rose than the others.
PAMSPACE
Temperanceville, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
8:16 AM

Post #9080822

All,

My fav is the Blushing Pink ( a pretty pale pink single bloom) I have several planted on the far side of my Black Knight butterfly bushes, and the roses are great, long bloom time, and a good size. Got them on sale at Lowe's end of season sale in fall of 2010.
rcmartin
Hanover, PA
(Zone 6a)

May 16, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9126175

I have the double pink and the double red - both are doing well and if anything they seem to outgrow their alotted space both vertically and horizontially. Very Pleased with the flower size and color.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America