Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Irrigation Systems: In theory looks like it should work...but does not!

Communities > Forums > Irrigation Systems
bookmark
Forum: Irrigation SystemsReplies: 37, Views: 264
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

March 31, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #9064693

Ok, so I wanted to feed everything with my manure tea.
My husband says to me there is an easier way then dragging buckets all over.
I'm intrigued and listening...
So he explains that when an IV is placed in someone that the height of the bag allows for the medication to flow into a persons body but not back up into the bag.
OK I say and I am listening still...
We will do this with the sprinkler system and I can get this all done in one easy watering session.
Off he goes...remember his heart is in the right place.
*Poof* after a little drilling noise and filing and what sounds like digging threw parts...In 20 minutes I have a contraption.
A ladder above the pump, with a metal bucket that has a spigot attached is a hose that is attached to the spigot on the pump.

So I test it...first with water...it doesn't work, the pump actually pumps water all the way up to the bucket and fills the bucket instead
of the contents of the bucket being emptied into the hose out to the garden. I haven't had the heart to tell him it doesn't work.
So is there anyone out there who can tell me how to "adjust" this so that it does work?
In theory it looks like it should work but in practice forget it, do I need to put this on the roof?
There is a photo included of the actual contraption, please help me fix this, even if it requires me to place this bucket on the roof.
I hate to tell him I think the hose needs to be attached below the pump so the the pump pulls the tea from the bucket, but I am not going to tear up the pump for this.
Thanks for any help

Thumbnail by FlaFlower
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 37 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Irrigation Systems Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Drip Irrigation Gardening TomK 40 Jun 26, 2014 5:51 PM
EZ cloner success stories skidbump 78 May 16, 2012 1:44 PM
Who has an Irrigation System birder17 15 Jul 9, 2014 4:27 AM
Irrigating/watering "cottage" garden lizzipa 16 Jun 10, 2011 5:37 PM
do rain barrels provide enough ooomph for drip irrigation? 6aseeder 15 Mar 26, 2011 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America