Princella squash

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I was given 8 seeds of this squash. The gardening buddy who gave them to me said they had just come out in the grocery stores last season. Well, I can find nothing about them here at DG nor from googling them.
I'd love to know what they're like but all I heard from her was that it is a winter squash.
Any help would be appreciated.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Probably a company trademark if it came from a grocery. Allen Canning Company owns the Princella trademark for canned vegetables, but as fa r as I know they don't deal in fresh vegetables.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

FD-how do you know all this STUFF? I'm being serious.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Trademarks are nothing new. Many of the packing companies have used them for years. Growers can fit many varieties under the trademark example Vidalia onions. Since I have not found any information on "Princella" as a squash variety, I suggested Plan B.

Yes, I saw the Princella brand for canned veggies, but this was fresh. The grocery store was one of those high-end fancy ones, not a chain.
I guess I'll just plant 2 hills and see what I get.

Please let us know, it sounds interesting.

I will try to remember and maybe even get a picture and a critique.

That would be great. Thanx!

lisa, please send me a D-mail so I will remember. That is the best for me to have reminders. I review them from time to time if I need to ship something or remind someone of a promised trade....Betty

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.