-
AuthorContent
drdata
Olympia, WA

April 2, 2012
10:48 PM

Post #9067713

Greetings,
I was anticipating difficulties with the last 2 but not necessarily the first 2, as they come from warmer regions. And, I only have one seed left of each! Concolor is available now from nurseries but the pallida is that beauty from Ibera on Robin's website. This is the one I am most interested in getting any thoughts about.

I have the typical setup of heat mat, thermostat, flat with a dome. I sewed the seeds in small pots in early March and again in mid-March, surface sewing with a little bit of vermiculite sprinkled on top. They are still in the flats, I haven't disposed of any yet.

Questions I have: should I try putting the pots of tomentosa and cyanescens in the fridge for awhile enclosed in a baggy? Try the Deno baggy method in the fridge for awhile? Just wait awhile longer?

Pallida and concolor: has anyone germinated these? Do they have a low germination rate? Days to germination? Any thoughts on improving my chances?

Thanks so much.
David - Olympia, WA

K_Carter
Elk, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 3, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9068645

S. pallida and concolor germinate like meadow grass. S. cyanensis for us is slow - I use GA3 and a cold stratification period, and then very warm for several weeks before there is any action. S. tomentosa has been a low percentage species, but not difficult in any way.

Kermit
drdata
Olympia, WA

April 9, 2012
9:41 PM

Post #9076528

Thanks Kermit, I usually don't have problems with the easy ones, which I assume is what you mean by meadow grass,

David

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Agastaches and Salvias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Salvia pictures from my garden Gerris2 133 Mar 21, 2007 6:49 PM
My favorite Salvias ecrane3 88 Jun 5, 2007 11:39 PM
Agastaches & Salvias I'm Getting Thru Mail Order Marilynbeth 55 Mar 11, 2007 10:49 PM
Agastache & salvia Ariel73 2 Apr 10, 2007 7:14 PM
Salvia 'Discolor' mrs_colla 9 Mar 13, 2007 6:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America