Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

April 5, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9070936

I have lots of Epi cuttings to trade. Some are named, some have lost their tags. I am looking for other succulents, or varieties of epiphyllum.
Thanks,
Ibartoo
Barrysewall
Larsen, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9119463

Hello ibartoo! If you still have more Epi cuttings to trade, my 'King Midas'--'Flirtation'--'Rippo'--and 'Cryptocereus anthonyanus' Epis could use a trim. Just let me know if these four Epi plants interest you.

Barry Sewall
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

May 17, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9127173

Barry, I would be happy to trade! I would love it. Most of the rooted plants from this offer do not have name tags anymore, but send me a dmail and I will gladly send you a list of the epis I have. Thanks so much, Ibartoo
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

June 4, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9151281

Hi Barry, still have cuttings? I can send you a list of what I have.
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

June 4, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9152516

I will d-mail you also.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

June 9, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9158665

Aloha from Hawaii,

Looks like some of you folks have experience with Epis. I've been growing for about five years and have taken cutting successfully. Now my parent plants are getting large, toppling over and filling our front deck. Will be over 100 blooms this year.

My question - once they have finished blooming I want to cut them back (and of course get more cuttings). How far back can I cut them and still not loose the blooms for next year. Do I just take the top 6 - 12 inches off each leaf or trim everything back to about 12 inches above the soil line. Or do I just try something different with each plant. Love to do a trade by my are unnamed. Here are a couple, plus an attempt at a panorama shot of my plants

Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb
Click an image for an enlarged view.

plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9159357

The orchid cactus I have has white blooms. I haven't been fortunate engough to get other colors.
This is what I do. I propagate with stem cuttings or any pieces that happen to break off. It does not matter the length of the cutting. I do trim part of the leaf off at the bottom about 2", but leave the hard stem. This helps the plant stay in the pot. What I have blooms on the new stems so I find I have not lost anything when I propagate. I do know mine can not have full sun, but some sun is beneficial. If I haven't made myslef clear, please d-mail me and I will send a drawing of what I do. I too have too many of them, but there is always someone who would love to have one especially when the cost is free.

Good luck!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

June 10, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9159871

Thanks Plantsforpeg, My get morning sun. I find that this years new growth will bloom next year. I think I will just cut back the leaves that are getting the way and let the rest keep going. I like big plants if I can control them.

Are your white ones day bloomers. I have white night bloomers but not white day bloomers. If you have white day bloomers I would happily send you the yellow and pink cuttings in return for some white ones.

Mike
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9160150

My plants are night bloomers too. Just love them.
judi56
Pell City, AL

August 6, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9231665

Hi Barry,

Are you still trading epi's? I have the night blooming one am just getting in to epi's but have lots of other houseplants, just let me know. Thanks and have a great day.

Judi

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Orchid Cactus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
what is a epis? binky1972 16 Aug 19, 2008 10:55 PM
Epiphyllum seed help Kachinagirl 4 Oct 1, 2008 6:42 PM
Epiphyllum blooming MaryE 87 Aug 1, 2007 8:22 AM
The Epis Are Coming, The Epis Are Coming!! 2005 Happenstance 182 Feb 7, 2008 2:40 AM
The Epis Are Here, The Epis Are Here!! 2005 Happenstance 155 Feb 7, 2008 2:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America