A COMFORT QUILT for a DEAR FRIEND

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

"I am not sure how many here know Sue Taynors. She is most often found on Jaye's Sweet Interuptions thread. She lost her daughter this past week in a most horrible way. Her daughter was murdered. Several people have approached me about making a "Comfort Quilt" for her. I spoke with Jaye and we think we have a way to do this and get it done quickly.
Sue loves her flowers so we thought of having those who want to join in send me 8" squares of a pretty floral material. I will sash all of them and pass them down to Jaye who is going to Quilt as you go. We felt this would work up nicely. It would be a simple quilt showing our love for Sue. It is one of those times when less is more and simple is love....We can save the piecing and the applique and the embroidery for a time when we don't need something so quickly....

Remember, I am asking for 8" blocks

I would like to be able to spend this month sashing blocks and have them to Jaye by the middle of May. I would send them down to her each week as I got them done. If you would like to participate with this. Please let me know and I will sign you up. "

Some names may not be familiar as they are from the other building but know and love Sue too....

Barb - quilter5bdsr - REC
Jaye - heavenscape - REC
Marion - abbisgrma - REC
Pat - psychw2 - REC
Linda Kay - taters5 - REC
Karen - siliolegma - REC
Susan - Tallulah_B - REC
Betty - bettypauze - REC
Kathy - Kizmo - REC
Judy - seedtosser1 - REC
Crissy - crissyr - REC
Gloria - morknotmindy - REC
Dorothy - LaVonne - REC
Sherri - Seray - REC
Cindy - purpbutfly - REC
Synda - SYNDA - REC
Thea - thea1962 - REC
Helene - helenethequeen - REC
Charleen - ridesredmule - REC
Christine - wildflowers - REC
Robin - arejay59 - REC
Thunder - barefootT - REC
Robin - Catbird423 - REC
Kathy - Jordankittyjo - REC
Cookie - Joycet - REC
Ric - Henryr10 (It will be for his SO/DW, Robyn who's close to Sue too) - REC
Cheryl - cheriffic - REC
Dianne - kidneyguy - REC
Anita - Diamond919 - REC
Ayrica - sassafrass - REC
bj - bjwilson - REC
susan - FruitOfTheVine - REC

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 2:07 PM

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012 12:21 PM

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 9:01 AM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I'll head over the fabric store and get something out as quick as I can.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sign me up please?

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm sure I have some florals to send.

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

I definitely have florals (with butterflies!).
I spoke to Jaye this am (she called me & woke me up - THANK YOU - I needed to wake up well before then, so needed the wake-up call lol ) and she said it's to be a 12" block.
Easy-peesy........
I'll send some beautiful 8" blocks (I cut & pieced one last night, so could do one for Sue, too, but will go with the group).

thank you for the opportunity to comfort Sue.

btw - I sent an email to my DD telling her that she's a joy to me, and that I don't tell her often enough. She replied back "I don't know what I did to prompt this, but it was the bright spot in my day" I replied that she didn't need to do anything more than be herself.
I know it was prompted by Sue's experience with her Jessie, and I know how quickly someone can pass out of your life. My DD needed to hear how much I love her........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Please count me in...

Met Sue while at Joyce's a few years ago..always willing to lend a hand, I feel so badly for her and her family...if there is any other way of helping out just let me kow!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, I'm glad that Barb's leading this project.
I tend to confuddle people.. lots of experience with myself!! Lolol.

Susan, I said, to not cut anything until it's confirmed. Cause I know you're a super achiever and like to get things done asap. Sorry I woke you up.
You did a good thing Susan with your DD.

Thank you all so much for signing up. Like Betty here, I've met Sue Taynors @ the same reunion.
She has a beautiful personality and truly deserves everything that's good.
Especially now.

This message was edited Apr 5, 2012 6:47 PM

Jaye - in my last post I meant that I would send "chunks" of material. Cut where you will, to make the block you wish.
You'll understand when you see the fabric - it's not an all-over pattern, rather more like little pictures of flowers and butterflies

cya later - off to a Maundy Thursday service at the Church.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll get something out for you in the morning, Jaye...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kathy Kiz.. mail it out to Barb please. She'll sash it first.
Thanks Kathy Kiz.

Barb, please add Judy.
Seedtosser1 that is.

This message was edited Apr 5, 2012 10:14 PM

Barb, if you want 12 inch, please edit first post. I'll try to get something out tomorrow morning. I stopped and got the fabric this afternoon.

Ok Jaye - re-addressed the envelope to Barb - Thanks for the heads-up.
So scatter-brained lately, it's a surprise to me that I hold onto any thought for very long......
I'll try to get it out tomorrow, after our Good Friday service.....

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

okie-dokie..... envelope rerouted North!!!

To clarify the request above - I am asking for 8" blocks. I will add sashings to bring them to 12". The sashings will serve to bring continuity and will bind the blocks together as we all are bound together. Let me know if anyone needs my address.
Hugs and love to you all, Barb

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I want in on this! I'll go to the fabric store and get an 8" block of something today.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

I'm in.

I will add your names tonight. I'm only allowed to do so many edits in one day...So I will make changes and additions at night - okay? But rest assured Crissy and Gloria that you will be included.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Barb, my fabric is in the mail box today. You should have it early next week.

I'll be watching for it!!!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I would love to send you some too.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Heading for the post office now.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Add me ♥ !!!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Barb, please add me as well.
A tragedy no Mother or Family should have to go through. My T&P are with the family.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

OMG so , so sorry for this uneccessary loss.

I am in. Going to PO tomorrow with other stuff and put it in the mail. Helene

BTW Barb how are you doing?

Mine will go into the PO asap - it's addressed, just need to leave the house WITH it..........
We went to an early am Good Friday service and were driving others, so couldn't go to the PO then - and forgot to take it.... siiiiiiiiigh - Brain Dead Susan, that's me!!

I'm hanging in there Helene. I was supposed to go to pulmonary rehab for a while but I guess I flunked the echo cardigram. I have an appt with a cardiologist on the 20th now. It just seems to be one thing after another...but it's springtime and I'm still smilin'.......

Victoria Harbour, ON

All we can do is 'keep on smilling'

Hoping they come up with possibilities to improve your health issues Barb..think of you often!

Will mail mine Tuesday seeing all is closed till Tuesday.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Barb so much going on, I am sorry I cannot be nearer.....

In envy is a panel either use it as the center of the whole project or cut it up for many dif. 8"' blocks. If you need anithing complimentary let me know. I can get some of the exact collection...out tomorrow

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Jaye called me while I was with my Mom....thanks for adding my name to the list. I arrived home tonight so will get my square cut and in the mail Barb.

I hope you get some good news on the 20th--keep smiling!!!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

count me in....will go in the mail ASAP...to Barb.
If I can do anything to help..let me know....A donation to Jaye to help with batting and backing cost??? can't do a lot, but if we all give a little, it would add up...??

I have an envelope sitting here waiting to go out to Jaye, so I will add to it., Same thing with yours Barb...

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, mine's in the mailbox waiting for the mail lady to pick it up.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

will you please add my name to the list.

Will do Robin...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thunder thank you for being so thoughtful.
I have some Warm and Natural and as for backing, Barb said, she'll send some.
Being a hoarder, I'm certain I can cover that as well. Miss you sistah!

Barb, please add Jordankittyjo, Joycet and Henryr10.
I'll be mailing you the squares on their behalf.

Kathy = Jordankittyjo
Cookie=Joycet
Ric = Henryr10 (It will be for his SO/DW, Robyn who's close to Sue too)

This message was edited Apr 7, 2012 2:27 PM

I'm still away from home with no cutting or measuring tools so I bought what I thought was a beautiful floral print with /butterfly & bird, 1/3 yard and mailed it uncut. Use what you want/ need for the project. Sorry it's not cut in the right size for you. Maybe it will make night corner squares or something.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Packet is ready, I'll send out Monday.

Thanks Pat. I know how difficult it is when we need to be away from all our tools!! I'm thankful that you are able to help out and I deeply appreciate it.
I'll be watching for these wonderful squares to arrive. Can't wait now!!!!
May you all have a wonderful and most blessed Easter.
Love, Barb

I just came home from the PO and sent the material to Barb, for the block

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Jaye,
Thank you SO much from Robyn and I

Ric

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Sorry so late to reply I will most certainly send a block Barb please add me in. What a terrible thing that poor family.
Cher

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.