What the .....?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Summerville - Whoa!

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We're supposed to get down to 41 here.
Just Mother Nature letting us know who's boss. ;)
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol .. thankfully the weather people changed their minds .. the low now for Tuesday is 46. That really had me going for awhile .. I was imagining myself dragging everything vulnerable back into the greenhouse. Today it was cloudy for most of the day and the temp stayed in the low 60's.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

It was pretty nasty here yesterday, cold rainy and windy until around 4PM. I even closed up my greenhouse since there are a few tropicals still in there.
Right now, at 5AM, it's 45.
Barb

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

37f with a little frost on the roof of my backporch this morning.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

38 here .. no frost that I can see .. I wasn't expecting this at all!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

It only got into the low 40's here, but people at work were saying they had ice on their windshields. I'm assuming that was from all the moisture in the air and the high winds coming out of the North.

Raleigh, NC

I am expecting some frost in our area tonight. What do yall use to protect your veggie? Also I have heard that you dont need to cover potatoes or lettuce/spinach, is that true?

I was going to put plastic bags on all my tomato cages but what about squash, okra, etc?

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Last year this time I had put all my plants outside. We are expecting frost tonight and tomorrow night.
WE only had 1 frost all winter.
I think I need to watch the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy. That will here my prespective on things.LOL

Lavina

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

This morning it was calling for 37 here tomorrow morning .. I just checked and now they are calling for 40 .. I'm going to err on the side of caution and cover a few things not under trees.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

And here we go again! Low 40's to upper 30's on Monday? I keep forgetting it's April!

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Sorry, it's all my fault. I put my phaleonopsis outside yesterday. ;)
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Tsk!! Shame on you!!!! Lol .. I put my tacca's in the greenhouse and like before, told the rest, good luck, fare well and you're on your own.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I had a Tacca once. Killed it deader than 40 h*lls......

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I loves these guys I have the integrifolia and chantrieri. Looking for the nivea. The Black one already has a flower bud on it!

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Yikes! 32f this morning w/frost on the roof!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Eeek! I just got up so I don't know how cold it got .. as soon as I wake up some more I'll go outside and see if there was any damage.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Only upside to this weather is that we're getting rain.
Annoying though, that I have two days off and I want to go to the beach!!!
Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.