Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Orchid Cactus: Hydrogen Peroxide?

Communities > Forums > Orchid Cactus
bookmark
Forum: Orchid CactusReplies: 1, Views: 74
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Barrysewall
Larsen, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #9071730

Does anyone know or has tried using Hydrogen Peroxide used with fertilizing or by misting your Epis? I looked this topic up for some odd reason and I found out that H.P. helps out.

Watering Your Plants. If you tend to over-water your plants, this is for you. Mix 1 oz of hydrogen peroxide with 1 quart of water, and water your plants normally. This adds oxygen to your soil, helping stave off root rot and enhances root development. I do this particularly with plants whose soil is overly dense and more prone to water-logging.

If you know or have experiance, I'd really like to know...

BARRY here
ibartoo
Pawleys Island, SC

April 10, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9076831

Hi Barry, I have used peroxide on other plants, but never thought to use it with my epis. I always use it when I soak seeds and I soak all of my seeds. I have some epis that could probably benefit from it though, so I think I will try it today. I will let you know if I see good results.
Ibartoo

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Orchid Cactus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
what is a epis? binky1972 16 Aug 19, 2008 10:55 PM
Epiphyllum seed help Kachinagirl 4 Oct 1, 2008 6:42 PM
Epiphyllum blooming MaryE 87 Aug 1, 2007 8:22 AM
The Epis Are Coming, The Epis Are Coming!! 2005 Happenstance 182 Feb 7, 2008 2:40 AM
The Epis Are Here, The Epis Are Here!! 2005 Happenstance 155 Feb 7, 2008 2:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America