Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Bird Watching: Daily bird pix no.437

Communities > Forums > Bird Watching
bookmark
Forum: Bird WatchingReplies: 77, Views: 741
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

April 10, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9076671

I've had to find some shots I took a couple of weeks ago to start the new thread with. If anyone wants to revisit the previous thread, here's the link http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1249428/#top

To start, a female Pink and Grey Galah saying hello to you all. Next a couple of Little Corellas in our big eucalyptus, then another of the Pink and Grey, followed by a Nankeen Kestrel and finally a Great Egret.

Thumbnail by MargaretK   Thumbnail by MargaretK   Thumbnail by MargaretK   Thumbnail by MargaretK   Thumbnail by MargaretK
Click an image for an enlarged view.

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 10, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9076737

Amazing shots Margaret!!! I love those Galah's.

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9076797

Lovely. I want a pink bird!!!!!
ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9076814

On the last thread-Nanny, cute little sparrow.

Burn, you have a great variety of birds there. I love that wp.

Adel, such pretty goldfinches. Mine love their daily bath in the tabletop fountain. I'll have to catch a photo.

Linth, great pictures of your birds. So clear and sharp at 700mm!

My pair of nuttall's woodpeckers continue to come on the deck and here's some more of my tree swallows.

Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln

ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9076822

Oops, pressed the wrong button before I was finished-

Margaret, thank you for the colorful new start. Love them all.

A couple House Finches.

Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 10, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9077015

Wonderful shots duc! My fave is that Nuttall's Woodpecker!
pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 10, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9077116

Duc, Have your Tree Swallows begun to make nests yet?
ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9077170

Just started yesterday Pelle, but the rain today seems to be keeping them away for the most part of the morning.
dellrose
The Ozarks, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 10, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9077207

Thanks for the new thread Margaret and such a gorgeous start it is!

Love your shots Duc...I would love to have those Tree Swallows in my yard. Love the Nuttals and House Finch too!
linthicum
Linthicum Heights, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2012
2:32 PM

Post #9077351

Great start to the new thread, Margaret. Beautiful birds.

Duc, I agree with Pelle. The Nuthall's Woodpeckers are a favorite of mine, also.

I have been visiting a few Bald Eagle nests (from a distance) at Blackwater NWR. On my last trip, I took these photos at 850mm. I seldom use my 1.7x teleconverter but thought I would try it out. I've never been real pleased with the results. It's okay for identification purposes but that's it, as far as I'm concerned. I think I'll stick with the 1.4x, at 700mm. Anyway, by my next trip to Blackwater, the eaglets should be big enough to see above the nest cup. The variety of other birds at Blackwater has been rather mediocre.

Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum

GrannyGrunt
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9077494

Beautiful start to the new thread Margaret.

Mrs. Ed, I hope you get your wish.

Duc, Linth, fantastic shots. Gorgeous.
teddy_8905
Lakeview, OH

April 11, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9078136

I think I can truthfully say that the red-bellied woodpeckers have found the suet on the tree!!!! My hubby says that there was a Chickadee on there yesterday too. I was going to stop feeding them with the upside down feeder to get them to try the other but I did not have to do that, they found it on their own. I would like to see a Northern Flicker on it, that would really make my day. But I love all my birds, maybe not the sparrows that much:)!

Thumbnail by teddy_8905   Thumbnail by teddy_8905

ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9078324

Linth, your eagle shots are wonderful. It looks like those eagles picked a pine tree with hardly any shelter from the wind.

Teddy, you've worked hard to attract the birds. I'm glad the woodpeckers are showing up.

The orioles are really showing off for me at the feeders. The first two photos are Hooded Orioles the last three are of a beautiful Bullock's Oriole.

Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 11, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9078525

Great shots duc! I especially love the Bullock's Oriole!

Congrats Teddy!

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 11, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9078697

The Bullock's are such pretty birds!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 11, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9079052

Great new start on the thread, thank you Margaret. Love your Kestrel, the others are lovely too. Duc, love your Nuttall wp and Tree Swallows always, the housefinches too are cute. Charlie, your Eagle shos are fantastic! Teddy, nice Redbellied wps. Duc, love the Bullock's Orioles. I haven't seen one this past winter.

My Redheaded Woodpeckers returned to their old stomping ground.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GrannyGrunt
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9079076

Oh my goodness, the Bullock's Oriole is gorgeous.
Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4a)

April 11, 2012
9:40 PM

Post #9079165

Roseate Spoonbills, Great Egret, and Scarlet Tanager photographed at High Island, Texas April 10, 2012. Just a few of the birds I have photgraphed at High Island, in the past week. The warbler migration is just getting started, and still a little slow.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9079423

Wow, that's a colorful collection there!
GrannyGrunt
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9079543

Beautiful shots, just beautiful.
teddy_8905
Lakeview, OH

April 12, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9079650

The Starlings have discovered the suet on the tree, I have been scaring them off by opening the door and banging on a pie pan, is there anything I can put over the suet cage that the woodpeckers can still get to the suet but the starlings can't?

Thumbnail by teddy_8905

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 12, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9079759

Great pics Gary!!

Sorry Teddy there is nothing you can do. Starlings have long beaks and can get to anything woodpeckers use. This is just one of those bad things that goes along with feeding the birds.

I have a lot of European Starlings and Common Grackles here that love to gobble suet up.
ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9079911

Lily, glad the red-headed wps are back, they're so pretty!

Gras, your birds are so spectacular. What a wonderful trip you're having.

Teddy, starlings have to eat too.

This crow has been busy building a nest, just one brown-headed cowbird here so far, a pair of house finches and a couple of the purple finches.

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

April 12, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9079960

Lots of lovelies on this thread. Thanks Margaret with such a wonderful start and the thread.

These are from a few days ago.
Goldfinch, Black-capped Chickadee, Robin, Downy Woodpecker,

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007

Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4a)

April 12, 2012
9:10 PM

Post #9080444

An unbelievable splash of color! Indigo Buntings, Protonotaria Warblrer, Summer Tanager, immature Orchard Oriole, and a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen   Thumbnail by Grasmussen

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 13, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9080726

Gary, Those are incredible!

burn, Love the sweet Goldfinch!

Handsome Purple Finch duc!

Elphaba

Elphaba
Rockport, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 13, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9080748

Margaret, that's just about the most beautiful start to a thread ever!
Duc, so many gorgeous shots. Just LOVE the orioles!
Linth, stunning eagle shots -- beautiful!
Love all the woodpecker shots everybody!
Gary, NICE! Way better than I did at High Island.

These pics are from High Island. I was able to compare my observations at High Island this year vs. last year. I went on almost the exact same date, but birds vary by weather. It was really slow this year --half the warblers, only Orchard Orioles no Baltimores and I only saw Indigo Buntings no Painted Buntings. What surprised me is how much I've grown as a birder. Last year, I was so exited coming home from High Island and I recorded 35 species. This year, I thought it was slow and I recorded 65 species! I'm able to find and ID more species, but I'm much more jaded!

Spoonbills, Tennessee Warbler and a Black-bellied Plover.

Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba

Elphaba

Elphaba
Rockport, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 13, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9080774

Here are a few of my favorite shots from last weekend. The Great Horned Owl was at Brazos Bend State Park and the Barred Owl and Summer Tanager were at Jesse H. Jones State Park.

Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba   Thumbnail by Elphaba

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 13, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9080882

Elphaba you did great!
Wonderful shots!
linthicum
Linthicum Heights, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9081628

Great photos everyone.

Lily_love, please send me one of your Red-headed Woodpeckers. Despite being in Maryland, I have never seen one.

Gary, looks like you hit the jackpot ! Nice photos.

duc, you have your own aviary. Always a nice selection of birds with excellent photos.

My first image is a Black-necked Stilt. They are a very striking shorebird, i.e. black and white, with pink legs. Second is a Greater Yellowlegs. Third and fourth photos are my first eaglet photos of 2012, shot at 700mm.

Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum

linthicum
Linthicum Heights, MD
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2012
7:58 PM

Post #9081657

Elphaba, nice shot of the Great Horned Owl ...

First is a close-up photo of a Great Blue Heron. Next is an Osprey sitting on the nest. They are just everywhere. Third is another female Osprey. And fourth is a Bald Eagle, at Blackwater. They're difficult to find in the viewfinder, in flight at 700mm.

Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum   Thumbnail by linthicum

ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 14, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9082132

I got behind but just love seeing all these beautiful and colorful birds-well done everyone.

Here's a Black-headed Grosbeak, a Western Kingbird, a Northern Mockingbird and a couple Tree Swallows.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2012
11:36 AM

Post #9083435

so jealous of all the great shots! I hope things begin to get settled here soon and I can get out more. Forgot to mention I saw a male American Redstart this morning!!

Yellow -rumped Warbler from the 10th.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2012 1:39 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
1:56 PM

Post #9083636

What Great shots everyone!!

Got just a few that I was able to get posted ( Got so many more to post if I can just get the time)

Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9083648

Just 5 more ..

Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS

GrannyGrunt
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9083802

Wonderful shots everyone. I still have images on my camera from snow time. Guess I should upload that card and see if there is anything good on it. LOL
pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 16, 2012
2:05 AM

Post #9084214

Great shots guys!
teddy_8905
Lakeview, OH

April 16, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9084626

Going to take down the suet feeder on the tree, it is not attracting anything but starlings, the other birds ate off it too, but it did not attract anything different than the upside down one did. If I left it up there and just put plain or flavored suet in there the squirrels would start again, and we just got rid of them. I will keep it in case I get another idea, but for now, I will take it down when it gets empty. It was just a experiment anyway.
adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

April 16, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9085174

While heading for town the other morning I came across these Wild Turkeys...another morning trip I spotted this Emu with 3 chicks.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat   Thumbnail by adelbertcat

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 17, 2012
4:09 AM

Post #9085685

Sweet ones adel!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9085747

Wow great thread and how colorful all the birds really are! Linth, I had family came in last week from Maryland, if I only knew you wanted a RHWP, lol. Just kidding. Iris, thanks for taking the time to share those red, white and blue feathered friends with one another. Adel the Emu with babies is something we don't get to see everyday. I love to spot turkeys in the wild, nice find. Duc, your Western Kingbird is alot more colorful than our Eastern ones. Hello Burn, Mrs Ed and Rose, Margaret and Pelle. Please keep those pix coming. I'll post to share any news from down South and long with Elphy and others.

Here is one of the first Canadian Geese with babies;

Thumbnail by Lily_love

ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 17, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9086001

Nanny, congrats on your redstart sighting. Sweet little yellow-rumped warbler.

Iris, wonderful variety of colorful birds. What is the species of that white bird?

Adel, great shot of the turkeys. The emu family is adorable.

Lily, sweet shot of the goose family too.

Here's a bushtit, a double-crested cormorant, a pair of wood ducks, a western kingbird and a black phoebe.

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9086082

Lilly love, yes, I do want a RHWP lol!! ( and your welcome!) Love the canadian geese pic! I'm going to see if I can get out to the ponds this weekend and get a few pics of them too ( Hoping they have there little ones)

ducbucln, Thanks! The white bird is a hawk, When I first seen him 5 years ago, I didn't think he would survive to long being that he's white, I thought he would stick out like a sore thumb and be easy prey or have a hard time getting prey, but, He has done just fine, Actually, Its a "she", I watched her carrying nesting material a couple weeks ago. ~ She's really getting mobbed a lot , Especially right now with all the nesting birds out there.

Great images you took!
pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 17, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9086154

Duc, Love that shot of the Western Kingbird and the Bushtit!

Lily, Sweet babies!
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

April 17, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9086958

What a colorful thread!!! All so beautiful!

I got three new Spring arrival today. The Junco, the White-throated Sparrow, and the Tree Swallows. No pics of either one ;(

1.I don`t see the Downy too often, on this feeder.
2.The Brown-headed Cowbird
3.The Robin looking for grapes
4. Red-winged Blackbird
5. American Goldfinch

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012 11:05 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2012
10:40 PM

Post #9087065

Nice pix, Thanks for sharring, Especially like the photo of the goldfinch!
adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

April 18, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9087640

One of the Sparrows...anybody know which one?

Thumbnail by adelbertcat

Resin

Resin
Northumberland
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9087752

[quote="adelbertcat"]One of the Sparrows...anybody know which one?[/quote]

Chipping

Resin
ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 18, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9087762

Great photos of your birds Burn and congrats on the three new arrivals.

Adel, I haven't a clue on the species of sparrow you have but hope you'll ask on Bird Identification-
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/birdid/all/

The first 2 photos are of a newly arrived oriole. It sure had a hard time trying to figure out how to balance on the feeder perch (it did finally make it), then there's an adult Hooded Oriole and another oriole sharing with a hummingbird. Last one is a Bewick's Wren.

adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

April 18, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9087774

Thanks Resin...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 19, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9088673

Love those sparrows, Adel. I was so lucky to have a few that came to the grain feeder that is hung in the frontyard. Love your series Duc, so sweet to see the Oriole and Hummingbird sharing a nectar feeder. Burn, please send me back some Goldfinches. They all have left us down South for weeks! I missed them. Heeee, Iris. If you love the RHWPs. Just you wait until you see their offsprings. They're adorable. lol

Here I've a Swan revisiting our area lake.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love

ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 19, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9089030

Lily, glad your pretty swan is back. Great photos of that beauty.

Here's some of my tree swallows.

Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9089430

those tuxedo birdies are just so darn cute.
IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9089447

Great pictures all, Thanks for sharring!
Lily-Love, I don't think I've seen a swan in about 5 years so I enjoyed your photos! ... Hoping to see some RHWP offspring shots ( hint hint)

adelbertcat, I tried to get a shot of a chipping sparrow the other day, But, Missed out, At least I get to see a pic of yours.

ducbucln, Love those oriols, I try to attract them, But, Don't usually have much luck. ...I miss the tree swallows! Great pics, Love #2 and #4!

Well, I have a couple pictures of the Mockingbird babies, Unfortunately, I don't think they made it :( .. My Rose bushes got so weighted down with rose blooms that it made the branches hang down exposing the nests, They are pretty much exposed open, Especially the mockingbird nest and the sun was scorching hot the other day, The poor little things were panting, So I took a big beach unbrella and placed it by the root of the rose bush so that the babies would get some shade, Seemed to work well, Everything was fine again, But then, Yesterday we had heavy rains and strong winds, I had the unbrella set up so that it would protect the babies from the rain too, But, The strong winds and heavy weight of the rose soaked branches split open the bush even more and the poor little babies and mother were no where to be found today, I'm still hoping that they made it to some safe spot, But, They really weren't at the age to leave the nest yet, It really sadens me that this happened. The Thrush is still at her nest in the other rose bush, I have the unbrella covering her now from rain and sun, She seems to be doing good, She has five eggs , None have hatched yet, I'm hoping they all pull through seeing the situation, I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them! I'll be posting pics a little later.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 20, 2012
9:12 AM

Post #9090148

Lovely photos!

Just saw the first Catbirds of the season!! :)

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 20, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9090812

I have "tuxedo birdies" here too, can't make 'em that cute as Duc can. Mrs. Ed. :)) Iris, so sorry about your babies Mockingbirds due to bad weather. Congrats Nan on your first of the season Catbird arrival.

Here I've a male Eastern Towhee. Next the male Cardinal.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love

Ladi_Burd
Norwalk, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9091259

I was able to add a few new birds to my "life" list
Dunlin

Thumbnail by Ladi_Burd

Ladi_Burd
Norwalk, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9091262

I tried to put all pics into one post but it wouldn't so...
Not the 'best' pics but here are 2 more
Brown Thrasher
Osprey

Thumbnail by Ladi_Burd   Thumbnail by Ladi_Burd

ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 21, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9091441

Iris, I do hope the mockingbird chicks made it too.

Lily, nice photos of your towhee and cardinal. Are those carrots real or part of a feeder?

Ladi, congrats on the new Dunlin-love cute photos.

Here's a Hooded Oriole, a photo showing a white-crowned sparrow and a golden-crowned sparrow, a European Starling and a Calif. towhee.

Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln   Thumbnail by ducbucln

pelletory
Marlton, NJ

April 21, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9091682

Congratulations Ladi_Burd!

Very nice pics guys!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9091709

Duc, those "carrots" are actually Alabama Ricky and Lucy's bird house. :) And it was made to resemble hot peppers from the SW. :))

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9091758

Nice thrasher Ladi_Burd! I heard one yesterday but never could spot it!!
IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9091822

Lily-love and ducbucln, Thankyou for the comment on the babies.

Great photos all, Duc, Love # 3 and #4 and just love those oriols, Wish I had some here! Are there any migration charts for them here??
Glad you asked about the carrote because I was curious too!!

Ok, Finally got a few minutes to post some photos!!

First photo ..The two Rose Bushes where they built there nests
#2 ... Trying to cover the mockingbird babies from the sun, Then rain
#3 ...Trying to protect the thrasher nest from sun and rain ( As you can see the rose bushes got really messed up)
I have not seen the Thrasher mom around.. She was always on her nest, So I'm a bit worried now)

Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:11 PM

Post #9091829

Mockingbird babies ... When tney were there.

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9091849

Mockingbird babies ... When tney were there.-2

Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9091855

Mockingbird momma

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9091858

Thrush ( Thats in the other rosebush -hope she still there as I have not seen her in a while) ..
#1.. This is what I could see of her in the beginning .. looks like a dinosoure eye
#2 ..5 eggs
#3 She came out for a few minutes
#4 On the feeder

Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9091861

Missed one above ...She came out for a few minutes ..

Thumbnail by IRIS

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9091867

#1 - Bluebird babies ( Doing good)
#2 - Mom bringing food
#3 same
#4-same

Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS   Thumbnail by IRIS

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9091873

#1- Mom Bluebird
#2- Same
#3-same
#4-same
#5-same

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9091878

#1-Dad Bluebird
#2-same
#3-same
#4-same
#5-same

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9091884

#1- Mom and dad Bluebird
#2-Male cardinal
#3-same
#4-same
#5-Red bellied woodpecker

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9091894

#1-Hummingbird
#2-Chickadee
#3Housefinch
#4-same
#5-Sparrow or finch??

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9091902

#1-finch's
#2-Dove
#3-Dove
#4-Thrasher
#5-Female cardinal

IRIS
Greenville, SC
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9091906

Does anyone know what this bird is? Warbler?

Thumbnail by IRIS

Resin

Resin
Northumberland
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9091933

[quote="IRIS"]#5-Sparrow or finch??[/quote]
House Finch, female

[quote="IRIS"]Does anyone know what this bird is? Warbler?[/quote]
Myrtle Warbler (formerly Yellow-rumped Warbler)

Resin

PS I'll be starting a new thread in a few minutes . . . please head here to continue! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253582/

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 11:02 PM
gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

April 26, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9098226

Catbirds are loving the Florida Privet berries. Mockingbird with a juicy bug. Little Blue Heron in not so graceful flight. Crow was being chased by two other Crows for the twig it was carrying.

Thumbnail by gardenpom   Thumbnail by gardenpom   Thumbnail by gardenpom   Thumbnail by gardenpom

gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

April 26, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9098230

White Ibis flying over. Still a few Painted Buntings around. Red-bellied Woodpecker enjoying her suet. Blue Jay and a peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom   Thumbnail by gardenpom   Thumbnail by gardenpom   Thumbnail by gardenpom

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Bird Watching Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Best Trees and Shrubs for the Bird Garden? tabasco 234 Jul 2, 2011 1:55 AM
Show me your feeders!...Part 2.... Sheila_FW 302 Nov 12, 2010 11:27 AM
Rose-breasted Grosbeak DonnaB 47 Jul 8, 2011 1:39 AM
Cedar Waxwing Photos duckmother 13 Oct 17, 2007 1:38 AM
Trumpeter Swans Grasmussen 17 Sep 7, 2008 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America