Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: Anyone with woody/ or greeen starts to share (BRUGS)

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 10, Views: 278
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wizz47
Cayuga, IN

April 11, 2012
2:00 PM

Post #9078762

Does anyone have any woody or starts they would llike to share, I lost the few I had,I was setting them outside each day, they were doing beautiful growing like wild, I usualy brought them in the evenings, but I totaly forgot about them since I moved the picnic table they were on to mow , they wernt close to the patio door and I forgot them. It just makes me sick I did such a stupid thing not getting them in.Im willing to pay postage as well as extra money for them I have nothing to share) anytype will do I love the veigated ones...but who doesnt any type or color mixed or pure Thank you DG has so many wonderful people that are willing to help. Rose
tombaak
High Desert, NV
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9083601

Hi Rose,

I've only got one at the moment, but can cut you a piece and send it your way if you like. It's taking over the corner of my living room (this pic is from a few months ago) and I don't think it would miss a bit here or there.

I grew it from a seed provided by Kell, it was a double pink x peach cross of some sort, but unfortunately lost the specific parent names when the tag was "cleaned" out of the pot. It hasn't bloomed yet, sadly it set a huge flush of buds last winter, but as we heat with wood here and nights get pretty cold inside it dropped them. So... The color and type of bloom are a mystery :) Hopefully one soon solved though.

Melissa

Thumbnail by tombaak
Click the image for an enlarged view.

wizz47
Cayuga, IN

April 21, 2012
10:34 PM

Post #9092391

Thankyou so much for responding, I've posted twice and no responses. Id love a start, maybe a wet paper towel in a ziplock for the root area and thick news paper so it doesent get too cold in the shippinf trucks. I have a few seeds her and there (ameranthus americaus)beautiful marroon stems and huge maroonplumes like a small bush...seeds just toss them where you want them and they will grow. I love them. besides shipping would you llike any extra money for the cuttings? Thankyou so much Rose

Rosemary Pierce
330 east curtis st
P.O. 17
cayuga In. 47928-0017
tombaak
High Desert, NV
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9092814

Hi Rose,

No need for shipping $ or $ in general. I'm happy to share the plant. I'd love to try the amaranth! I'll Dmail you my address and send the brug out tomorrow :)

Melissa
wizz47
Cayuga, IN

April 23, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9095054

wow its beautiful growing inside,im excited this is the ameranthis the stems are blood red and the plums are beautiful, in the spring and fall anyplace i want it to grow i just cut off a fairly dried plume you will know b/c the tiny seeds drop and look lik poppy seeds, just shake thm where you want tnem to growand lwt nature takeits course,i never fed watered if I was watering my other plants, its very hardy The plumes are brown and dry but have been kept inside all winter,my volenteers are 2" tall. thankyou so much Rose wizz47

Thumbnail by wizz47
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tombaak
High Desert, NV
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9100156

Hi Rose, did you get my Dmail?
tombaak
High Desert, NV
(Zone 5a)

May 8, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9116011

Hi Rose,

I'm hoping that you have received the brug cutting in good shape, and that it grows well for you!

emh48
Premont, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 13, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9121947

pretty

This message was edited May 14, 2012 9:20 AM
Karrie20x
Spokane, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2012
10:40 PM

Post #9229943

I too would like a cutting and believe it or not, would just like a white flowered one that is full of fragrance. Let me know!
wizz47
Cayuga, IN

September 22, 2012
2:16 AM

Post #9282758

write me in a month and I will hve many starts...ihope, I also have double whithe datura, and several brugs, and I forgot I have a purple and white devils trumpet, like th angle its blooms face up and brugs hang down, and seeds to send along, and also send (melissa) tombak, her shippping cost and snd starts and seeds as well' sorry so sslow but my pain pump has silaud in it so I am groggy alll the thme and take naps in the after nooon,I also had to quit my job because of the pain. Rose
jerodsmom
Livermore, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9282909

Wizz47, I can send you a cutting of B. Chesa. I just moved to another state so my brugs. are all small right now but my daughter just sent me a couple extra cuttings of this brug. which I had given to her a couple years ago. I don't mind sharing it with you for postage.

Patricia

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America