Why Limo is Better than Public Transport Service

Miami, United States

Nowadays, more and more travelers are opting for a Key west limo service to fetch them at the airport so they can avoid lining up, hailing, and elbowing other passengers for a cab. Apart from competing for a ride, it is common knowledge that cab drivers can really charge you an exorbitant amount of money for a local transport. Since you’re a tourist who might not have enough knowledge about the routes and the flag down rates, cab drivers can see this as an opportunity to rob you off through surprising charges.

Opp, AL(Zone 8b)

A limo is better than a cab? Wow, who would have suspected...

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

At some airports, limo services charge a flat rate, while taxis are at liberty to charge whatever they like (although you can bargain the taxi fare down if there are not many passengers around). A shuttle service is usually cheaper than either limo or taxi, but you have to wait until the minibus is full, and wait for other passengers to be dropped off, and the shuttle takes a circuitous route to make all its stops, so if you are in a hurry a limo or taxi are better. On the other hand, if you really want to save money, and don't mind hauling your luggage a short distance, check out bus and train connections between the airport and where you are staying.

One time, I booked an overnight stay at a hotel a few miles from Rome's Fiumicino airport, but my plane arrived at a time of day when the hotel's airport shuttle service (costing 15 euros) did not run. All the airport taxi drivers told me there was a 30 euro miniumum charge, regardless of the short distance, but I eventually found an off-duty shuttle bus driver who agreed to take me to my hotel for 25 euros in his lunch break. Afterwards, I found out that if I had walked out of the airport, for 2 euros I could have taken a local bus that stopped outside my hotel. Now, I always check the Internet for airport transportation options before I take a trip!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.