-
AuthorContent
hannah82
Brea, CA

April 13, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9081137

Hello all!

I've scoured the internet trying to ID this rose. When we first moved into our property, we found it sulking in a shady corner and thought of tossing it out...that is until we saw it's huge beautiful blooms. We have since pulled it out and re-homed it to a sunny area and pampered it with plenty of TLC. I'm a newbie with roses and can't tell you much about it other than what's depicted in the pictures. However, I can say that the blooms are very large (easily over 6" wide) and last a VERY long time on the plant even through our intense SoCal summers (very thick petals). One minor downfall is that it has absolutely very little or no scent at all. I'd like to see this plant thrive someday and thought an ID might make it feel more special :).

Thumbnail by hannah82   Thumbnail by hannah82
Click an image for an enlarged view.

evacavileer
Brea, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 5, 2012
10:54 PM

Post #9297192

Hi Hannah,

I live in Brea, CA too. Unfortunatelly I do not know the name of your rose but I have an idea what maybe can help you.
There are on-line nurseries selling roses with good photo catalogs. Just search it on Google. Maybe you can find your rose or you can send them the picture to identify.
Hope this helped.
Good luck.

Eva
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 6, 2012
12:33 AM

Post #9297210

Hannah, I searched for a medium-red rose with blooms 6" or larger and found Legends. It has huge blooms and very little or no scent. It's fairly new, however, so if you moved in before 2009, when Weeks began selling it, it's the wrong guess.

http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.44294&tab=1

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America