Everything is comatose

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Is it must me or is everyone else's garden gone comatose? Plants and seedlings I planted out weeks ago aren't growing .. I'm thinking it's probably all these cold nights and the soil temperature is still low.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Farrther north than you and that's probably, plants know when it is time to grow.Mine are'nt damaged and one tomato plant is all that's growing like it should.

Johns Island, SC

My soil temp measured 63 Degrees last week, X, highest I've ever seen in 23 years here on this date...

(Zone 9a)

Some volunteer tomato plants, courtesy of my home made compost, are in full bloom and some have tiny tomatoes on them already. It is interesting to watch which plants respond to the soil temps, the air temps and the plain old calendar (moon phase???).

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Last week everything just took off like a rocket! All the morning glory's and passion vines are climbing along with the hedychium and costus gingers .. the curcuma, which is always last to make an appearance is starting to come up as well.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

we sat up last night on lake murray watching the storm clouds that were actually 90 miles away - what a light show! X did you all get a thunderboomer last night?

(Zone 9a)

Not a drop here.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

No rain but could see lightning to the NNE - wasn't from your storm though. Hopefully tonight? 50% chance.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

It's raining in the NC mountains and it is headed this way. I hope we get some!
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

It rained last week got about 2 inches .. then again yesterday got about a quarter inch and suppose to rain some more this afternoon. I'm loving it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We got an inch last week and 1/2 inch last night. We're also supposed to get more rain today. Yes!
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm thinking this is one of the wettest Springs I've seen in a long time! Hope it keeps up .. my water bill last year was anywhere from 10 to fifteen dollars over normal!

(Zone 9a)

2/10" here, :-(

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Bummer .. I was just looking at the radar and there is a big storm just going through Savannah and it looks like it's heading your way.

(Zone 9a)

Not a drop. It generally seems to stay west of Hwy 17.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I've been up in the Mtns (Dobson and Laurel Springs, NC) since Thursday. It'll be interesting to see what my gardens look like since the slow and steady rain was still falling when I left.
Here's a picture of me and my dog Sugah'bama getting ready take a ride on the motorcycle yesterday.
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

How neat! I love coming back to my garden after a few days away - it's always fun to see what grew! Cute pup - lately I've been seeing dogs on motorcycles a lot - does Sugah'bama have a helmet and goggles?

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

She does have doggles, but hates to wear them, so while we're riding, she tucks her head into my coat.
Things have grown since last Thursday. My daylilies are blooming like crazy, the tomatoes have doubled in size and the gardenias are either in full bloom or starting.
And here's a picture of my hydrangea....
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

those days of slow falling rain really kicked my Tomato's in too! Growing several heirlooms this year (Genovese Costuluto, Box Car Willie, Remy Rouge, Rinaldo and Cherokee Purple) Corn is up and thus far the vole has stayed away - did more companion planting this year in that garden with nasturtiams, tansy and oregano coupled with sunflowers, bush beans and bush lima - here's hoping! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images