Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Home Repairs and Maintenance: Can my vanity be repaired?

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 3, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Seedsower
Franklin, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9082449

Hubby put four good sized dents in the front of the vanity while moving it to the 2nd floor bathroom. It is a dark wood finish. Can it be repaired? Thanks
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2012
9:21 PM

Post #9082871

They sell wood filler that you can use to fill in the dings, sand it smooth, and then stain over it and apply a coat of polyurethane in a finish that matches the rest of the vanity (matte vs shiny, etc). The trick will be finding a stain that matches the color of the rest of the vanity so that the patches won't be noticeable.
Bubba_MoCity
Missouri City, TX

April 25, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9097490

It depends on the wood. If it was real hardwood, perhaps a dampening then using a warm iron might bring the surface dent back up. If it is a vanier over particleboard - good luck - filling as already suggented and refinishing might be te best plan.
Seedsower
Franklin, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9097905

It is solid wood although I don't know what kind. I don't want to go the wood filler route, that could end up looking worse.

Thanks for the input!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America