-
AuthorContent
KittyWittyKat
Saint Paul, MN
(Zone 4b)

April 19, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9089062

Seeds: Millions? of these delicious giant amaranth in deep maroon.

SASE or trade or PayPal. Can combine with my other current free seed listings for just one shipping.

SASE is 65 cents for nonmachinable postage and standard size envelope.
My trade list is not very large yet, so I am open to new plant seeds.

Amaranthus seeds from my garden harvest. Seeds were collected and sun cured from Autumn 2011. This purple leaf variant can grow up to 6-8 feet, with maroon seed heads. Listing is for one giant heaping tablespoon of sun-cured seeds.

Botanical - Amaranthus
Common - Pigweed, Elephant head, Chinese spinach or yin choi, kiwicha (Incan), Bonongwe (East Africa), mchicha (Swahili)...

Amaranth is a warm weather crop best sown around the same time as corn. The large to enormous flowerheads put on a magnificent long lasting display. Full sun with staking needed if growing for seed /or ornamental.

Amaranth leaves are succulent and nutty when eaten raw for the first few weeks and make superb cooked greens. Eaten in some form throughout much of the world, either as a seed grain or like spinach leaves.

Nutritionally, it is a complete source of protein, which is uncommon for a plant. Rich in vitamins A, B6, v C, riboflavin. It contains such minerals as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese.

I strip the Amaranth's young leaves for stir fry, and allow the plant to mature to full seed head for an outstanding back garden display. Use successive planting for a continual harvest. One of my favorite summer crops - if you love spinach, this will definitely top it. This all purple variant has a richer flavor than the green leaf variants.

PayPal Options:

(A) 99cents - I can send you an invoice from PayPal if you provide an email address. PayPal will charge a service fee of 34cent. Refund can be submitted by payee.

(B) 65cents - you can send a personal payment for just 65cents by selecting personal or gift after selecting the send money tab when you log onto PayPal. Refunds can be given by the recipient. my email is owlshop.etsy@gmail.com

65cents is for non-machinable standard envelope.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012 7:43 PM

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 10:19 AM

Thumbnail by KittyWittyKat   Thumbnail by KittyWittyKat   Thumbnail by KittyWittyKat   Thumbnail by KittyWittyKat   Thumbnail by KittyWittyKat
Click an image for an enlarged view.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9090877

I'd like some , can work it about anyway we might,mostly I'm trying to add some color to foliage. Was being unsure what say or offer,it's been such a time since i've updated my trade list and there's about every kind of common seed imaginable in my store's

Shoud'nt tell you what a terrible seed waster I've been the past few years.I really try not to do that, but it happens.

Can go pay-pal or send vegies ,flowers,the problem with some is I don't know if any besides the more common are viable or not.

Thumbnail by juhur7
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Inthegarden
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 22, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9093082

I grow these and they are striking. I also stir-fry them along with other greens.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9097607

I'd like to trade seeds for seeds, I have:
Annuals: purple morning glory (pres. tyler), cardinal climber vine, several daturas, mongolean sunflower (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/185604/
Perrenials: purple and white wisteria (mixed seeds), bronze fennel, canna edulus
Let me know

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America