Photo by Melody

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Dirt Bags arrived today!

Communities > Forums > Tropicals & Tender Perennials
Forum: Tropicals & Tender PerennialsReplies: 1, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
Las Vegas, NV
(Zone 9b)

April 19, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9089063

I've been delaying putting out my plumerias until I got these. They seem to be doing fine. The tips are just now starting to grow.

I opted to go with seven gallon bags out of necessity. The Dirt Bags are fairly short given their total size. About as tall as a traditional 5. Which is what mine are in now, though they have shrunk down in the pot. I believe from worms (I introduced) eating the planting material. I have stopped putting worms in my potted plants because the resulting soil does not seem to hold moisture well. And it sinks giving less room for root development. I have been contemplating how to evict the worms and all i've come up with is flooding them out. I'm open to other suggestions.

Well, it's time to get dirty!

Las Vegas, NV
(Zone 9b)

April 19, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9089094

Oops. not quite ready. Should I root prune my plumerias before transplanting? If so, how and what kind of care do they need after?

Thanks, David

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tropicals & Tender Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America