Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Guess what I paid too much for

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

POP BEADS!

Do you remember those "gems" from the 50's?

Not sure if trash to treasure but the memories are sure treasures......
The beads kept me busy when boredom would have gotten me int sooooo much trouble with mom!

A 40 something inch strand of mixed colors and mixed condition cost almost 20 bucks!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I loved my pop beads. No idea what happened to mine. I probably popped them too much and they lost their pop.

These are the real deal but not as easy to pop as I remember-- mine were well worn. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

My mom had a wonderful collection of Pop Beads, along with some beautiful blue glass beads, and some other costume jewelry. One day while laying on my bead and looking up at the ceiling I got the idea to put the beads in the square clip on bulb glass shade. My they did look lovely with all the different color's shining down. Then the Pop Beads melted into/onto the glass beads and shade. Ended up with a stinky melted glob of my mom's jewelry and I was grounded for long time. Not because I did it, but I touched someone else s property and ruined it. We had a rule that I broke...if it's not yours, don;t touch it. It was effectively the end if my "I wonder what" days. I was eight. I'm 65 now.

But I bet the memory (prior to the big melt) is lovely. And considering you are on DG and in this forum says you still aren't done experimenting with bits of this and pieces of that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.