Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Passifloras: P. Victoria

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 14, Views: 105
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

April 19, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9089383

Little disappointed in this one I liked the one Gordon had tried to talk him out of cuttings but he wasn't sharing

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Click the image for an enlarged view.

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2012
9:38 PM

Post #9091112

It's pretty, why don't you like it?
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

April 21, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9091239

I wish it did not have the white part kind of takes away from the rest of it
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9091376

oh dana... sorry... they got lost here before they could be sent out... things are growing well somewhat... got some new ones too.. I'll send early cuttings this year...
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

April 21, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9091826

I hear you Gordon this was the year the car crapped out lol I even sent money for postage you were kind enough to send it back
Xeramtheum
Summerville, SC
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9091857

That's pretty! The white makes it very eye catching. Lucky you to be having flowers this early!
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

April 22, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9092628

yes Dana... you'll soon be charged a federal tax for early flowering... procedes will be used for us lower zoners. to supplement lighting for us.. to equalize the effects with the higher zones..
which ones were you interested in getting cuttings of... .. come up to the Florala gathering on the 28th of April.. I'll have a few temptation seedlings I'll give away... hope the car is better.. they are a real pain when they are bad..
I had one passi go real well through the winter inside.. and then went quickly dead.. as I was pulling it up months later.. after moving the other living outside.. I found a hint of life in the roots..so i replanted it... hope it has enough energy in there... to over come my last insult to it.. one came up from the floor of the cool room.. as I've cut 1/2 of it away to make moving things about easier.. pictured.. I had another passi overwintered outside.. also ripped up as dead.. showing signs of life...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

April 22, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #9092690

I dig them up and bring them in the key is don't let them get bone dry but not wet either they will die for sure, I have proably 30 temptation x temptation my self there springing up here like weeds I bought the seeds the same time you did mines in the ground. I have been selling them on ebay they are being shipped all over. The P. Victoria you had with out the white on it to me was super I really don't like the white on this one. thats a 4 hour ride 1 way don't look for me theres not all that much I need I see it I buy it works for me. Cute little one here

Thumbnail by Danasplants

floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 7, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9197261

Dana -

You are my plant hero. I think you have multiple cultivars of almost everything! I'm working on it, my husband jokes that I would be happy if we lived in the jungle - LOL.
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
9:45 PM

Post #9197342

she's my hero too..
mmm life in the tropics... jungle or ocean side... perhaps I'll have to settle for life in a greenhouse stateside.. but then there's Hawaii... too...
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

July 8, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9197486

I do live in a jungle lol and love it I always say if you want to be surrounded with flowers and scents you have to have a ton of plants.

Thumbnail by Danasplants

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 8, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9197693

Costa Rica sounds like heaven to me!
floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 8, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9198279

I'm working on the ton of plants. I have all the way around our house planted, a large round in the middle of our backyard, and now I'm working my way around the fence line - LOL. I think I have a sickness. Everytime we go to Lowes or Home Depot my husband just says, "I'll meet you in the garden section when I'm done and shakes his head." Oh well, I guess we could have vices that were much worse. . .
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9198387

Roxanne.. yes it is... one of my favorites.. and about my favorite place there.. is Tabacom.. hot springs out of the volcano... hot water running down the hill side.. you pick your heat level.. by how close you are to the volcano.. the stream higher up closer to the volcano is hotter..the further downstream you go the cooler it gets... http://www.tabacon.com/ the stream is set into a grand garden
Carol.. yes.. you've a great yard going there.. nice palms.. and the greenest lawn in the area..
via google earth
floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 9, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9199561

We are planning on Costa Rica next year - I just looked at your link for Tabacon - what an amazing place!! This is so on my list. I am into natural health so this is right up my alley (plus you can't beat the scenery!).

Yes, the lawn is my husbands obsession. When we moved into this house, you should have seen the yard! It's taken us 6 years, but we've definately come a long way. I still have quite the list of "to do's"; I don't look for the list to get any shorter either. LOL

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America