Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Bird Watching: Bird ID needed

Communities > Forums > Bird Watching
bookmark
Forum: Bird WatchingReplies: 2, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sprout13
Palmyra, MO

April 19, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9089559

Hi,

I'm very new to bird watching. I recently moved from the city in New York to a new home with 8 acres in Missouri. I really want to start a bird community in my yard so I have spread feeder of all kinds all over. I just started over the last few weeks. I have 9 seed feeders, 5 suet feeders, 2 birdhouses, 4 oriole feeders and 2 hummingbird feeders. Once I started I couldn't stop lol.

I believe this is a female downy woodpecker (?), but I'm not 100% sure feeding off one of my suet feeders. If anyone can verify this or let me know different I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Thumbnail by sprout13   Thumbnail by sprout13
Click an image for an enlarged view.

thebestmissy
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 19, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #9089656

Welcome to your new obsession:) You do have a female Downy.
FYI there is a forum on here dedicated to bird ids http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/birdid/all/. People on here are great about helping out with ids and ideas.
sprout13
Palmyra, MO

April 19, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9089678

thebestmissy wrote:Welcome to your new obsession:) You do have a female Downy.
FYI there is a forum on here dedicated to bird ids http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/birdid/all/. People on here are great about helping out with ids and ideas.

Thank you for the confirmation on the Downy and Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction for Id's!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Bird Watching Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Best Trees and Shrubs for the Bird Garden? tabasco 234 Jul 2, 2011 1:55 AM
Show me your feeders!...Part 2.... Sheila_FW 302 Nov 12, 2010 11:27 AM
Rose-breasted Grosbeak DonnaB 47 Jul 8, 2011 1:39 AM
Cedar Waxwing Photos duckmother 13 Oct 17, 2007 1:38 AM
Trumpeter Swans Grasmussen 17 Sep 7, 2008 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America