Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Gigi's Garden Her Memory

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Hi Folks
here are some pics of her garden so far.
Yesterday we dug in two butterfly bushes. white and a black ? we won't know until they bloom LOL
also some red daylilys . and a clump of Zebra grass
the birdbath came from donations by some people i know from garden groups. It was a blessing for us to recieve such wonderful donations.
my husband Tim ( Jess's Step dad ) did all the design and shaping of the garden. He also did all the digging yesterday too :)

Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

That is long to be a beautiful garden Sue!

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

A beautiful start Sue.

Larkie

thank you
i have a very busy week ahead of me so i may not post much. so don't think i m ignoring you . :)
i clean houses on the side with a friend, then i have 300 seedlings that need repotted. and our GH business
not to mention the other usual duties of mom and wife LOL

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Sue, you are one busy, busy lady!! But that's great!! GiGi's Garden is going to be beautiful. You said one of the Butterfly Bushes was black? There is a Black Knight which is dark purple. They are so pretty. I left two behind when I moved 3 years ago.

yes i think its Black Night cuz my other one is White and they rhyme LOL
i did get some black velvet petunias and a new one White Russian and they are gorgeous

Columbus, OH

What else do you want for the garden, Sue?

we are collecting plants with her name in them. I know a daylily is coming from a DGer Jessie's Dream . An Iris called Messy Jessy . She was born in August so i have some hosta in the shade garden for her August Moon and Earth Angel.
her fav colore is green. loved fairys, dragons and magical things like that .
i have two gardens a shade garden in the back of our house. Just for me. i can look at it through my kitchen window.
and the full sun garden. open to the public
i m selling Forget me Not's and i will have t shirts with her picture on them saying " Justice For Jessica " and we are going to wear them to the trial .

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

"Justice for Jessica" I love it! Will they allow you to wear that in court, or will they feel it prejudices the jury? Certainly I'm sure you can wear it everywhere else (on the courthouse steps, talking to reporters, in the courthouse halls, etc!!) Heck, even in the judge's chambers LOL

i think as long as i m not a witness and put on the stand i can wear it .

Sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go, Sue - I'll wear one with you!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue, glad I found this thread. I think you have a great start on the garden. I will look around for anything plant wise that has her name or maybe the dragons or fairies, but I will make a donation in her memory and honor.

thanks Bonnie. : )

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

who is Gigi/ Jessica

Columbus, OH

CG, I sent you a dmail to explain.

Yes Gigi is the nickname that my dd had. My little dd ( Savannah ) couldn't say Jessica when she started to talk and this name just stuck. She acted like she hated it but i know she loved it.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

It's going to be a grand garden for sure.
Hugs.

i don't know why the picture on the forum is the log one ? and how would i change it ?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The first picture in a thread is the highlight shot.
Delete the log in edit and re-add it to the end.

huh ?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

When you put up the pictures on an opening post of a thread the first picture shows up on the Forum log.
In this case your Log Photo.
Edit that post and delete the first picture.
Then the second shot will appear on the ORVG opening page.

Whoops you can't do that here on DG, like the other sites/
Admin will have to do it here.
Sorry

This message was edited Apr 22, 2012 2:37 PM

(Zone 5a)

Sue,
It will be beautiful! I love the plants with her name and birth month. It will ease your mind to work on it and you will feel her near as you do.

((((HUGE HUGS!!))))

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning Sue, you and Tim have certainly somethng to be proud of.
An everlasting tribute to Gigi.
Hugggs, sistah!

Waaaay Down South, GA

Hello Sue ...
I'm here watching your memories grow and nurture in this beautiful garden. I know you'll find a lot of comfort in the work and beauty here, and feel close to Gigi. .
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

its a busy week this week. i m doing 9 houses to clean and then tranplanting seedlings.
Got some white lilac tree's for the garden. A DGer is also sending an Iris named Gigi. wow so generous. i m floored by all the kindness.
supposed to rain this week. will put gardening on hold for a day or two.

recieved a wonderful garden angel from a friend here on DG. what a surprise !

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I bet your tears started to flow when you saw that angel. How wonderful of that DGer, and also the DGer that gave you the Gigi Iris.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

So much love pouring out from everyone, and I'm loving the beautiful garden you are building in her memory. I'm going to find a small corner in my yard to build a memorial for my son and mom. I've had a nice angel, guess that is a start.

i sure wish i had more pics and progress on the garden but with the weather not cooperating . I need to lay black plastic also and we are just waiting for a non windy day ? LOL we don't get many of them here in spring. but we are optimistic for next week.

your windy day sounds like ours - we have Chinook winds that bring the dry warmth in the winter, and there are also Many types of winds in Calgary - bringing snow storms, hail, rain ............. we's just one very Windy city

Sure hope your winds settle down so you can take off the plastic and show us some pics!

well i had pics and they went poof !
lets try again

Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors Thumbnail by taynors

This is wonderful and so woodsy! and that whimsical little face on the froggy! I love frogs, so it's "touching" me. Where o Where did you get the little froggy?!?!?!
This is an awesome memory garden!!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue, on Wednesday I am mailing you a package. Watch for it, and let me know via Dmail when you get it.

Everything is beginning to look lovely. I think that you are really getting it all together, and although pretty now, when everything begins to grow, it will be one of your favorite places, I am sure.

Susan i don't remember where i got the frog.? I love them too.
Bon's i will keep an eye out for it. Thank you so much :) sending you a (()))

I will have to post a froggy I have in my garden - he's a tubby little one with a cute face, too!
Will need to wait for the rain to stop, and frankly I don't want it to - it's a harbinger of SPRING!!
Finally, no snow...........

(Zone 5a)

Sue,
It's very peaceful and restful there. Good for the soul.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Indeed Sue, I agree with Billy, good for the soul.
Hugs, my sistah. Love you.

i got a rock that will fit my butt ROFLLLL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh Lord, I didn't pay attention to your butt when I met you :(
Did that rock need a crane to move it? :p

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.