Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Gigi's Garden Her Memory

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Ohio River Valley GardeningReplies: 195, Views: 2,512
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9091815

Hi Folks
here are some pics of her garden so far.
Yesterday we dug in two butterfly bushes. white and a black ? we won't know until they bloom LOL
also some red daylilys . and a clump of Zebra grass
the birdbath came from donations by some people i know from garden groups. It was a blessing for us to recieve such wonderful donations.
my husband Tim ( Jess's Step dad ) did all the design and shaping of the garden. He also did all the digging yesterday too :)

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors
Click an image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9091975

That is long to be a beautiful garden Sue!

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9092014

A beautiful start Sue.

Larkie

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9092059

thank you
i have a very busy week ahead of me so i may not post much. so don't think i m ignoring you . :)
i clean houses on the side with a friend, then i have 300 seedlings that need repotted. and our GH business
not to mention the other usual duties of mom and wife LOL

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

April 21, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9092068

Sue, you are one busy, busy lady!! But that's great!! GiGi's Garden is going to be beautiful. You said one of the Butterfly Bushes was black? There is a Black Knight which is dark purple. They are so pretty. I left two behind when I moved 3 years ago.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9092075

yes i think its Black Night cuz my other one is White and they rhyme LOL
i did get some black velvet petunias and a new one White Russian and they are gorgeous

Celene

Celene
Columbus, OH

April 21, 2012

Post #9092076

What else do you want for the garden, Sue?

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9092088

we are collecting plants with her name in them. I know a daylily is coming from a DGer Jessie's Dream . An Iris called Messy Jessy . She was born in August so i have some hosta in the shade garden for her August Moon and Earth Angel.
her fav colore is green. loved fairys, dragons and magical things like that .
i have two gardens a shade garden in the back of our house. Just for me. i can look at it through my kitchen window.
and the full sun garden. open to the public
i m selling Forget me Not's and i will have t shirts with her picture on them saying " Justice For Jessica " and we are going to wear them to the trial .

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9092105

"Justice for Jessica" I love it! Will they allow you to wear that in court, or will they feel it prejudices the jury? Certainly I'm sure you can wear it everywhere else (on the courthouse steps, talking to reporters, in the courthouse halls, etc!!) Heck, even in the judge's chambers LOL

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9092126

i think as long as i m not a witness and put on the stand i can wear it .

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9092153

Sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9092163

Here ya go, Sue - I'll wear one with you!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Click the image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 21, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9092166

Sue, glad I found this thread. I think you have a great start on the garden. I will look around for anything plant wise that has her name or maybe the dragons or fairies, but I will make a donation in her memory and honor.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9092349

thanks Bonnie. : )
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9092526

who is Gigi/ Jessica

Celene

Celene
Columbus, OH

April 22, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9092577

CG, I sent you a dmail to explain.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 22, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9092591

Yes Gigi is the nickname that my dd had. My little dd ( Savannah ) couldn't say Jessica when she started to talk and this name just stuck. She acted like she hated it but i know she loved it.
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9092607

It's going to be a grand garden for sure.
Hugs.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 22, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9092686

i don't know why the picture on the forum is the log one ? and how would i change it ?
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 22, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9092745

The first picture in a thread is the highlight shot.
Delete the log in edit and re-add it to the end.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 22, 2012
11:26 AM

Post #9092919

huh ?
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 22, 2012
11:35 AM

Post #9092936

When you put up the pictures on an opening post of a thread the first picture shows up on the Forum log.
In this case your Log Photo.
Edit that post and delete the first picture.
Then the second shot will appear on the ORVG opening page.

Whoops you can't do that here on DG, like the other sites/
Admin will have to do it here.
Sorry

This message was edited Apr 22, 2012 2:37 PM

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2012
4:06 AM

Post #9093826

Sue,
It will be beautiful! I love the plants with her name and birth month. It will ease your mind to work on it and you will feel her near as you do.

((((HUGE HUGS!!))))

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 23, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9093953

Morning Sue, you and Tim have certainly somethng to be proud of.
An everlasting tribute to Gigi.
Hugggs, sistah!
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

April 23, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9094003

Hello Sue ...
I'm here watching your memories grow and nurture in this beautiful garden. I know you'll find a lot of comfort in the work and beauty here, and feel close to Gigi. .
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 24, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9096478

its a busy week this week. i m doing 9 houses to clean and then tranplanting seedlings.
Got some white lilac tree's for the garden. A DGer is also sending an Iris named Gigi. wow so generous. i m floored by all the kindness.
supposed to rain this week. will put gardening on hold for a day or two.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 27, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9100544

recieved a wonderful garden angel from a friend here on DG. what a surprise !

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9100599

I bet your tears started to flow when you saw that angel. How wonderful of that DGer, and also the DGer that gave you the Gigi Iris.
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

April 27, 2012
9:48 PM

Post #9100766

So much love pouring out from everyone, and I'm loving the beautiful garden you are building in her memory. I'm going to find a small corner in my yard to build a memorial for my son and mom. I've had a nice angel, guess that is a start.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 28, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9100961

i sure wish i had more pics and progress on the garden but with the weather not cooperating . I need to lay black plastic also and we are just waiting for a non windy day ? LOL we don't get many of them here in spring. but we are optimistic for next week.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 28, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9101206

your windy day sounds like ours - we have Chinook winds that bring the dry warmth in the winter, and there are also Many types of winds in Calgary - bringing snow storms, hail, rain ... we's just one very Windy city

Sure hope your winds settle down so you can take off the plastic and show us some pics!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 30, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9104620

well i had pics and they went poof !
lets try again

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9104624

This is wonderful and so woodsy! and that whimsical little face on the froggy! I love frogs, so it's "touching" me. Where o Where did you get the little froggy?!?!?!
This is an awesome memory garden!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 30, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9104659

Sue, on Wednesday I am mailing you a package. Watch for it, and let me know via Dmail when you get it.

Everything is beginning to look lovely. I think that you are really getting it all together, and although pretty now, when everything begins to grow, it will be one of your favorite places, I am sure.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 30, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9104726

Susan i don't remember where i got the frog.? I love them too.
Bon's i will keep an eye out for it. Thank you so much :) sending you a (()))

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 1, 2012
12:12 AM

Post #9104981

I will have to post a froggy I have in my garden - he's a tubby little one with a cute face, too!
Will need to wait for the rain to stop, and frankly I don't want it to - it's a harbinger of SPRING!!
Finally, no snow...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 1, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9105044

Sue,
It's very peaceful and restful there. Good for the soul.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9105801

Indeed Sue, I agree with Billy, good for the soul.
Hugs, my sistah. Love you.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9106103

i got a rock that will fit my butt ROFLLLL

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9106335

Oh Lord, I didn't pay attention to your butt when I met you :(
Did that rock need a crane to move it? :p
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 1, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9106363

Sue's butt is normal sized, so it shouldn't be such a BIG ROCK!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9106440

LOL no its pretty big ?
i had my very ,very cute , hunky neighbor help me ... giggle.

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 2, 2012
4:09 AM

Post #9106755

Awesome rock!!!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #9106777

here is the song we will play at her memory service.
hope the link works ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEqpdSKdpxs&feature=plcp

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 2, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9106791

Very, beautiful, peaceful and heartfelt. It brings the tears and that's a good thing.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

May 2, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9107098

A Grand Rock for you Sue...Glad you got help moving it!

Dante's Prayer is so, beautiful too...Very moving.

I'll add for you
A Prayers Fire for Gigi.

Thumbnail by Seedtosser1

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 2, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9107370

Dante's Prayer is beautiful... tears in my eyes. Lorena Mckennitt is a favourite of mine.
Lovely fire, Judy...

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9107800

thanks Judy.
yes i do love her singing and musical talents. i can't stop listening to it.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 2, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9107828

I have the CD that piece is from - Book of Secrets. I got it when my DD and her new hubby (when I went there for their wedding!!) took me to her concert - she's Awesome!!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 3, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9108947

yes i can imagine . so lucky to have gone to one of her concerts. i would love that . She is awesome.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9108997

She taught us all a lesson about Celts, one which I carried through to my cubit about the Scottish peoples.
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

May 5, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9111980

Catching up ... tears flowing. That's just beautiful Sue. Hugs&prayers to you ... ~Susan

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 8, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9115229

why do they just go " poof " ?
grrrr lets try it again

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 8, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9115231

im hoping to get a few more of the stepping stones to make a path to the birdhouse in the sun garden.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 8, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9115306

Those stepping stones are so pretty!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9115461

Sue will be receiving a completed trough in GiGi's honor at our Jessica Memorial/Round up. (It's not a secret anymore). It will be from Buzz and Judy (they started the donations) and the rest of the ORVG group. I'm making it, and have used the money from Judy and Buzz for supplies and some of the plants, etc. It's going to look awesome in the shade memorial garden.

Love yous, Suzzzzzzzz

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 8, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9116452

luvvvvvvs you all too
well the last two days have been hard days for me. we are getting pretty close to some of the hearing and the trial should be around June 12 'ish.
i question myself on " why didn't i insist on seeing her body " and i regret i didn't. I truly believe that the loved ones should see the body no matter what the condition of it is. That way we understand our loved one is gone, i have her ashes but still am not dealing with her actually gone. It just feels like it didn't happen ? I didn't have to see her whole body just the arm or elbow or maybe her cheek. I will always regret not being able to kiss her hand good bye or her cheek. to touch her one last time. Its a part of the process that we need as the survivors , everyone is different i guess, but i needed to see her. I didn't fight hard enough to make them take me to see her. So i m dealing with that this week.
today was a bad day. :( hopefully tomorrow will be better.
hugs
sue
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9116466

Aww Sue, I understand. I am sure at the time you found it too hard to do. Ask the police, maybe they have a photo that they can let you look at. Is it that you don't believe it was her, or are you just having regrets that you didn't view her body? What you are talking about is "lack of closure". Yes, we all need it, we need to know without a doubt that it is true, that she is gone.

Will you have friends with you for the trial? Please please call every friend you know within a reasonable distance and ask them to come be with you for that. As a family member of a murder victim, I am only giving you good advice. The trial will be difficult, more difficult than anything that you may ever have to go through. The defense will try to portray your beloved GiGi as everything that you know she wasn't. It is hurtful to hear, even if you know it isn't true. Please please listen to my advice, I have been through it and know whereof I speak.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 8, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9116474

Bonnie yes its a lack of closure and i do regret not vewing her body. That is the issue i m dealing with at moment. I only got a picture of her when i needed to ID her . She had some sparrow tattoo's
I m hoping Cookie can come up to some of them and be there wtih me.
I will have people come with me don't worry i will do that . :) you have great advice thank you
hugs
sue

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 8, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9116490

Sorry your having a bad day Sue! (((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Celene

Celene
Columbus, OH

May 8, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9116511

Sue, it's so hard, I don't know what I'd do in your position. I can't even imagine.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 9, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9116779

Sue,
The garden is going to be so pretty.

Please don't have regrets. I don't think anyone can believe someone is gone, whether they see them in the casket or not. It takes time for any death to sink in. You wake up with them on your mind. You know they are gone, but you can't really believe it because you can't ''feel'' it. Death is not easy no matter what the circumstances. Sit in her garden and tell her you're sorry. Tell her how you feel. I hope you find the peace you need.

(((((HUGS)))))

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 9, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9116860

im sure this will pass its just a matter of when ? thank yo for your kind words of wisdom.
today is a busy day so i hope i can just " BE" and not think or worry about her, Sometimes you just need that break.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

May 9, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9116953

Good morning.

Sue, sending you some good vibes! Hope today is better.

...I'm sure i made a post last night, lol must have hit a wrong button and zap.
Well anyway was sending big Arm Wraps for having such a day.

Whew, I know those feelings all too well...I think your friends have shared some very good thoughts.
So i won't re-talk the same...The only thing else I said was how special Gigi's shade garden is going to be so beautiful, I;m sure you will visit often.

I am so glad you will have support when the trial time comes...Many will be with you in Spirit.

Glad you'll be busy, helps.
Lots of Love.
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 9, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9117173

I too wondered when I would wake up from the nightmare when my son passed away. It took me a long, long time. I am so sorry you will have to go through a trial, but you are a strong gal and you will have loving friends by your side. The garden is coming along so beautiful. Praying time will get easier for you.
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 9, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9117830

Wishing I could be there to just to give hugs and hand you tissues. I can not imagine the pain you are going through. I pray for you to find peace with yourself and Gigi, so that the pain will lessen for your heart. My best friend lost two daughters . One at 18mo.s by accidentily swallowing a navy bean she found on the floor and choked to death in my friends arms. The other daughter died at 18yrs old of cancer in her mother's arms. She felt much like you do. She could not believe they were really gone. Her mind kept saying it was just a bad dream and it didn't really happen. Both times , fate had arranged for me to be out of work . I just gave her hugs and handed her tissues. I felt helpless. She said I was there and that was what really mattered. I so wish I could "be there" with you. You will have the thoughts and prayers of a host of good gardening folks with you through out the trail. I hope you can feel the collective love and support we are feeling for you. I hope tomorrow and all the following tomorrows each are a little easier for you. Lou
goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 9, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9117883

Dear Sue,
When I was 19, my father died. He had a heart attack trying to finish the back 9 on the golf course, and 2 days after that he had another massive attack.
I was at Fort Ancient near Lebanon on the day he had the 1st attack. I had picked some good-smellingleaves that turned out to be sassafras. After he died I put the leaves in a little metal box and, whenever I got to feeling down, I'd open the box and smell the sassafras. To me it reminded me of the time when "everything was all right," and it gave me some sort of strength to keep going. Many years later, I was looking for some relatives in a cemetery in Kentucky, and I found a stone that said "He gave, He Took, He will Restore, He doeth all things well." It struck me that the "he will restore" is what I was longing for. Some day, in some way, I believe He will restore Jessie to you and you'll be able to kiss that cheek and embrace her again. I know that's cold comfort when your arms are aching for her now. Hug the twins, hug the dog, hug your hubby for the time being. Hug a tree!
In the meantime, I sending you psychic hugs, and hoping that you'll have some relief soon.
Pat
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 9, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9117928

Pat, beautifully said.

Sue, distance will make it impossible for me to be there for you, but know in your heart that I will be sending prayers and hugs your way throughout the trial. If I were not recovering from surgery, distance would not even be considered. But for right now, I am not up to driving, nor am I supposed to.

Lou, being there is one of the best gifts that you can give a friend who is grieving. Serving a cold drink, fetching tissue, holding a hand, giving a hug, with not a word said, is such a comfort. Later in the grieving process another good thing you can give is an ear, as the grieving person is ready to talk. You need not respond, but just be there to hear.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 10, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9118157

You guys have me tearing up. How wonderful you all are!

Sue, just sending huge hugs and very good thoughts your way.
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 10, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9118321

Love you Sue! So very sorry you have to go through this trial, besides the grief of losing Jessie. My heart hurts for you...big huggggggs to you!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 11, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9120285

Thank you all so much. the last few days have been hard.
Funny how i would much rather go back to the first 48 hrs of this tradegety then to have to deal with living with out her for the rest of my life ? this is the hardest part of it all.
Lou i m so sorry to hear of your friends dear children. I pray for her . I m so glad she had you near her to help comfort her . :) Its the little things that mean the most to us .
Pat wonderfuly said and very touching. Truly am blessed to have such great friends her with me.
BOnnie i sure hope your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery. YOu have been with me through so many of Jessica's crazyness and struggles .
Porter i can feel you hugging me and i m sending some back to you with smiles
Marcy thank you and i m sure looking forward to the RU and seeing everyone. It will be tough since the last RU i had Jess with me. Three little kittys too ! LOL
I went inside her apt last week. It was very strange. Like Pat was saying " the smell " was so comforting... it still smelled like her ... i have her last belonging's , we dug up from her apt after her murder and i still smell them ...
thank you all
sue
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9120337

Yesterday I was going to a funeral of a former sweet and kind neighbor. Clothes laid out, got into the shower. As I stood there a flash came of my grandson in the casket in the very same place this funeral was being held. I lost it. It is now just a bit over 3 years and grief still sneaks up and overwhelms me. I stayed home and will find other ways to contact the family.

Sue, I don't know how to tell you when or if this will ever pass. Not trying to give negative vibes at all. Just a warning that you never know what will hit you again...and forever. I wish geography did not prevent so many of us from being with you for this most auspicious ceremony. I pray it will help with some bit of closure.

This neighbor was more than 83 and Aaron was just 25. Somethings we expect, and others are too sad to believe. I know that your precious Gigi was only 20 but we rejoice that she is now in the presence of God the Father with my Aaron.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9121306

(((Lou)))

Sue, I'd be happy to bring you more kitties. :) I wish there were words or anything else that I could really give you that would take away the pain. They say time heals all but I think you just learn to grieve a little less.

I have not contributed to your memory garden yet but wondered if there is anything you are lacking there or need to fill in a special spot?

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9121889

Sue, I will do my absolute best to be there for the trial. I'm sure you already knew that. The garden is shaping up beautifully, and I hope you've saved that space for the trough! Hugs.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9122483

LouC. I m so sorry about your grandson. Yes you said it right on taget. You never get over it , you just learn to live with it .
Chelle that is very kind of you. Her fav color is green. But i m collecting daylilys and other stuff with her name or some meaning related . if you have a fav plant that is always welcomed. I m putting labels on them and putting names on them too. thank you so much . :)
Thanks Cookie, there is a pretrial on May 24th. unless i m called as a witness i won't go.
but the real trial starts on June 12th

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 16, 2012
11:43 AM

Post #9126115

I have been wondering how you are doing.You don't know me but I was stunned when I saw on ATP what had happened. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. The garden you are building will be beautiful.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 17, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9127319

this has been a bad week for me... but lots of projects got done.
we have all the plastic on the garden.
next is getting the plants in
then the mulch
whew tired just thinking about it ! LOL
lets hope we can get some rain in soon.
i also attached the gold bird on the birdie bath.
ceramony is june 2

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 17, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9127351

Sue, that is looking very nice! A really calm place to go and just sit and think!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9127355

The shade one is my favorite... ;o)

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 17, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9127751

i was warned about comfrey the herb and yes it is back !! uuuhhhg its in the raised bed behind the BB ... chickens love it... i hate it ! LOL
i have rearranged it so many times ... just can't make up my mind how i want the plants placed.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9127852

I have a long skinny bed between the house and a sidewalk. There is a clump of comfrey there that has stayed pretty tidy. I've always liked it but maybe not if it got selfish with the real estate. LOL

Have you tried sketching it out on paper? Make a list of the mature size of the plants and the colors and work from there. Keep in mind some will disappear over the winter and be late to come back and others have pretty fall colors. Of course I like to doodle and sketch and maybe you don't. :P

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 18, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9128057

good idea Chelle. I only draw stick figures . LOL I was going to use chalk and place the pots around around the area's, Then sit and stare at them. LOL . But sketching sounds easier .
hmmmmm still thinking .
tall plants in back
need to dig up some huge red monster daylilys. they are talking over a peony area.
need to get some rocks too
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9128256

LOL You can use circles or X's. You don't have to draw the actual plant. LOL

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 18, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9128673

LOL i thought i had to draw the plant LOL ... sheesh... been in the sun to long LOL
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9128820

I figured that would make you laugh. ;)

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9132222

Trough is finished...that's all I'm sayin!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 21, 2012
2:36 PM

Post #9132337

OOOHHH can't wait to see it!!! Hi Cookie, How you doing, girl?????

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 21, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9132725

woohooo :)

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 22, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9133234

I'm hangin Cindy, how bout you?
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9133485

Noone seems interested in butterfly bushes for trade at the Round up.. Can you use them for The sun garden (colors are either yellow or purple)? If not, they will be trashed as I don't room for them.
I will bring a white blooming rose campion for Gigi's Garden.

Lou

This message was edited May 22, 2012 11:33 AM
cocoa_lulu
Grand Saline, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 22, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9133535

The garden is looking beautiful, Sue. I hope your finding some peaceful moments to yourself.

It such a wonderful idea that everyone is holding a Jessica Memorial/Round up. Wish I could attend.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9133668

Afternoon Sue! Hope your not too busy today!
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9134209

I had a thought, maybe I should of left it to die of loneliness, but what about have a silent auction, regular auction or garage sale type sale, and having the attendees bring something or things that they no longer need, and donating the proceeds to Gigi's garden fund? JUst a thought! Lou

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9134240

aawww Lou that is so sweet of you.
well today was another busy day.
moved some Chelone Hot lips into Gigi's garden. it took over my back garden LOL
got some more peppers in the ground in the veggie garden.
i m very humbled by all of the out pour from everyone.
thank you to everyone. :)

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9134267

Feeling the love for our Sue here. You Buckeyes are truly a bunch of great folks.
Sue, in no time, Gigi's garden will be the perfect and serene memorial garden you'd envisioned.

Wishing here that I can be there to see the unveiling of the trough Cookie and to give you and Sue big hugs, of course!
Ooops.. Ric and Robin too!
May the weather be a good one for Jessica Memorial/Round up.
I'll wait for pictures!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9135074

:o) Hey everyone! Can't wait for you to see the trough...don't want to ruin the surprise for Sue though...

(LK..your donation toward the trough arrived. T/Y so much!)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9135313

When will see pictures?

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9138003

Saturday is the RU/Memorial tribute so I'd guess Ric will have pictures available by Sunday at the latest!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9138814

sue, Just wanted to tell you that I won't be able to get to the RU/ Just got out of the hospital today, and still not up to par. Have pneumonia, on oxygen with breathing treatments, and the weekend is just going to be so hot. Have no business out in the heat, so will miss the RU and miss seeing you.

Hope all goes well, and that there are many there to help enjoy the day, and to help you with the trough.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9138832

Bonnie!! You've had us all worried! We will miss you tomorrow.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9138846

Just have fun, make sure that there are plenty of pictures, and I will be looking at the RU thread seeing who all gets to come. Wish I could be there, but it would be foolish to risk my recovery but I would do it in a heartbeat. It is the DH that is putting a big (well medium sized) foot down, and he would have to drive me, so knowing that, it is not gonna happen.

Have fun, eat plenty for me, and I will enjoy the pictures. Now you have a reason to wave in the pictures, I will be thinking they are specifically for me.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
8:34 PM

Post #9138879

Take care of yourself Bonnie. We will miss you but we understand. Stay healthy and enjoy the rest of the summer!!
smellthis
Shell Lake, WI

May 26, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9139195

taynors--I'm so sorry for your loss! Your Memory garden is going to be beautiful ;-)

I hope all of you have a wonderful day !! Looks like it's going to be another cloudy day here ;-(

This message was edited May 26, 2012 9:26 PM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 26, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9139883

Here's the Trough going into the Private Shade Garden.

Thumbnail by henryr10

Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #9139958

That is very nice. I'm glad I was there to see the unveiling. Really nice job putting it together. I know Sue was touched. I hope she gets years of enjoyment from it and some happy memories.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 27, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9140305

Love that trough! Thanks so much for all the work putting it together!
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 27, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9140557

Beautiful memory trough!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 27, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9140843

That's a nice trough. Absolutely perfect for a miniature fairy garden! Good job, Cookie.
Thanks for posting Ric.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 27, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9140953

OH Cookie!!! That is soooo cute!!!!

How big is it?? Looks like it is heavy too. Great job, Great job!!!!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9140988

its huge !!! great pics Ric. thanks for posting it.
Bonnie you take of yourself ! you hear. We don't need you going back to ER. Wishing you well wishes, with speedy recovery. T&P to you.
here are some more .
While Cookie was getting me drunk and keeping me up late at night .
this is what my DH was doing

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9141001

here are some thing i will put in the garden
This is Sid the Buzzard
this is my fav of an angel sleeping on the moon. the little angels have the cute little tushy's ! i love it . Then there is Bob the Turtle.
the picture i brought and Cookie found this frame .
i found a mama fairy and a blowing kiss fairy

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9141005

this is the better pic of the angel moon

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9141007

going to be a busy week getting all the last min plans for the memorial on june 2nd.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 27, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9141015

Sue, if you need more sun coleus, please let me know.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9141021

What time Saturday Sue?

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9141028

early evening. 6 - 9 pm but please come anytime Ric. Needed to talk to you about a few things, will call you tomorrow if your not busy.
hmmm so far so good on the sun coleous i think ? but i will let you know if i run out. it sure gives Jess's garden color

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 27, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9141084

Sue, I love your items for the wonderful garden! It is a beautiful memorial garden!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9141124

thank you LK
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 27, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9141161

Sue we're just plantin' and weedin' call me.
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

May 28, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9141629

I agree with LK, a very beautiful garden.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 28, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9141645

Seems you're guided by Jessie's spirit when choosing those fairies and plants, Sue.
Yes, it will be one exceptional garden.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

May 30, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9144616

Hi Sue...You've been in thoughts and prayer.

Oh how Lovely Jesse' Memorial garden is

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2012

Post #9145341

Robyn and I will get some more shots Saturday.
Looks like the three of us will be up mid afternoon Saturday Sue.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9145383

Oh Sue,
Everything is so beautiful!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 30, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9145526

thanks Ric
Judy thank you . been thinking about you's and sending you a ((()))
thanks porter . how are things in your neck of the woods ?
things will be busy the next few days
then i hope they calm down.
i have no idea how many people are coming to this event ? it was in the local paper..
what was i thinking ???
Ric i hope you like Poo Poo platters ??

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9145995

Sue,
We're finally getting rain. I've been busy in the garden and out to DD's a lot. The twins are happy to see me, (so is their mother, LOL,) and will be a year old in a couple of weeks.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9146245

Sue, it's good you're getting the attention from your local papers. Shows you're living in a very caring town.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 2, 2012
7:42 PM

Post #9149748

well we had some worry on the weather.
at 5:30 pm we started to get baskets out and it was blowing wind like crazy !! i was really worried and it started to sprinkle rain ...
but then at 6 pm it was like the sky opened up and wow. sun, warm and no wind ??? !!!! Weather God's heard my prayers wow.
My cousin Tim did a great job on the sermon for her.
Ric was in charge of music.
Robyn was the dog whisperer. LOL we had 4 dogs , Rics Akita , two small mix chiuaua's and lucy... LOL they all did great.
channel 2 news was there
i believe the videographer did a nice job ...
sooo in the end it went well.
i think the weather deterred many people from coming. ? several of the teachers and other friends didn't make it :shrug:
but all in all... a good turn out. can't wait to get the CD and show my parents.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9150108

So glad to hear HE heard your prayers Sue! Glad it all turned out good for you!
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 3, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9150317

Glad to hear the weather was perfect for your memorial service. You will have some wonderful memories every time you watch that CD.
goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 3, 2012
9:12 PM

Post #9151089

Glad to hear that it went well, and glad that you're getting positive media coverage. Have been holding you in my heart and wish I could have been present. So glad that Ric & Robyn represented your Cincy friends!
BTW, I'm glad the weather cooperated. The Queen had more difficulty today than you did yesterday!

Pat

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9151342

She was a trooper wasn't she .. in all that rain and cold. That is why she is the Queen... i enjoyed watching the coverage of her yesterday.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9151982

So are you Sue. You're being tested on your patience and faith, and still you "keep on trucking" no matter what's thrown your way.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9152564

some days are better then others. Today was a good day... but the my heart still feels her missing and is hurting.
well not much going on today. just basic projects
selling all my flower baskets and all money will be donated to a womans shelter that Jess used to stay at in CA.
kinda tired today
did a lot in the garden.
sleep well everyone
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 4, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9152570

Sue, I don't think you ever get over losing someone. It gets better, and pretty soon you will begin to think about the good times, and the happy memories. Then you will have a day, completely out of the blue, where it feels you just can't breathe, as your heart hurts so bad.

Good for Tim getting a job. He needs to be with you right now.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 5, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9152922

thanks Bonnie.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

June 5, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9153760

Sue knows my habit of 'getting away' by taking pictures.
I decided to get some close-ups of the Memory Garden.
As I was roaming the Cabin grounds and working my way up to Gigi's Sun Memory Garden something Sue and I had been discussing over the last year clicked in.
She has been wanting to sell some of my photos at her nursery.
We'll work out the details later.
I'm donating the proceeds from the Nursery sale of the shots I took on that day to Jessica's Fund.

Here's a few samples taken in Sue's Yard and mine.

Thumbnail by henryr10   Thumbnail by henryr10   Thumbnail by henryr10   Thumbnail by henryr10

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 5, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9153896

thanks Ric.
those are great shots. Austin is really into butterflys and i cant wait until the Monarch's come ! woohoo.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9154062

Awe, that is so nice of you Rick! Love those photo's!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9154329

Wonderful pictures as always Ric. I need to get on that other thread just so I can see more of your work.

Sue, been thinking of you so much...hope now that life will settle down for you and you can learn to find happiness in your memories.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9168829

the memory garden is at a hold still. to hot to plant any more plants. potted up some for fall planting. got a iris from friend her on DG called GIGI . love it !
im very down the las few days.
apparently i pissed someone off and they won't return a phone call. I hate that ! unresolved issues really bug me. Honestly .
i guess i will take some more pics today since i did get a few more in the ground a few days ago.
we got some rain
going to the movies with kids
i hear more rain on our roof. so i guess pics will wait.

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 17, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9169177

Sounds like you need a girls day... ;o)

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9169414

i will be there .

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9184009

Ric,
I can get lost in your photographs too. The butterflies especially. Those are amazing pictures!

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 8, 2012
10:24 PM

Post #9198487

Waiving...Ric, incredible photos!

Sue oh gosh! You' ve been on mind big armwraps &continued prayers.

Sorry about the weather creating such havoc...
?!

You cant even imagine how i felt seeing you in prayer shall.,just love it.

I do continue prayer and all good thoughts for you and all.
Big armwraps.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9198684

Those photos are incredible.. Thank you for sharing with us.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 9, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9199537

wow its been a long time since i posted anything.
thank you Judy for the armwraps .
thought i would share a few family pics
this is jess with her dad. and the next is her step mom Cindy
my neighbor gave me a frame with multiple picture squares. so i m thinking of putting these in with some pics of me and her.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9199552

She is a beautiful girl, you will cherish those pictures for a long time!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 9, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9199566

thanks LK.

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9200632

Sue seems to be doing well. Bertie and I took her out to lunch today and purchased a few things from her. She showed us the beautiful prayer shawl and I love it. Wish my hand was in it, too!

The gardens look great. We had a nice visit and will do it again soon!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9200652

i had fun too. :) i actually ate food!! and lots of it . first time in days that big of a meal
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9200669

That's great! I'm so glad you have such good friends not too far away.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9200818

Glad to hear you girls had fun!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2012
2:16 AM

Post #9201225

Sending the shawl on to you is the best thing I've done in a while. I'm so glad it is doing what it was made to do and that is to bring comfort. I don't think Judy had any idea how important that shawl would become!!!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9201286

Taters took the words out of my mouth. She was beautiful!! And to have so many caring peole around her. I think a photo collection would be wonderful!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9201377

Saying lots of prayers for you today Sue, as you go to court!

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 11, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9201407

Sue, such wonderful photos!

Glad you got together with Joyce...

Will be with you all day in court,
Prayers and armwraps.

Judy
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9201416

Yep, lots of 'em!
goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 13, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9203804

Sue, I saw a tiny blip of news yesterday that said the murderer had pled guilty and would be sentenced on Aug. 20th. Am hoping this was reported correctly and that he will be sentenced to life without parole. Also hoping you'll be able to speak to him at the sentencing and give him hell. That's the best my Christian love and charity can do for him today.
He has a lot of work to do before he faces his ultimate justice.
I have brought your lovely daughter to the choir games with me in spirit.

Pat
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 14, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9204669

From Sue:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The primary co-defendant in the Jessica Rae Sacco murder case pleaded guilty to aggravated murder during a final pretrial hearing Wednesday in the Champaign County Common Pleas Court.

Matthew S. Puccio, 26, also pleaded guilty to felonious assault, abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and two counts of gross abuse of a corpse in relation to the murder of Sacco on or around March 22. Charges that were dismissed in the case included three counts of possession of criminal tools and one count of tampering with evidence.
Thursday, July 12, 2012

Puccio pleads guilty

The primary co-defendant in the Jessica Rae Sacco murder case pleaded guilty to aggravated murder during a final pretrial hearing Wednesday in the Champaign County Common Pleas Court.

Matthew S. Puccio, 26, also pleaded guilty to felonious assault, abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and two counts of gross abuse of a corpse in relation to the murder of Sacco on or around March 22. Charges that were dismissed in the case included three counts of possession of criminal tools and one count of tampering with evidence.
Thursday, July 12, 2012

Puccio pleads guilty

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9204807

That is great news!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 21, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9213750

Did i show you all the new angels ?
and here is a snuggy, huggy quilt some wonderful sistah's here on DG made
i know this daylily i got from Michelle aka Badseed but just don't remember the name ?
i also got two new peonys
Golden Wings and Legion of Honor both will be dedicated to the law enforcement officers who helped capture the murderers.
sorry i have been MIA. just busy with 4 H and just thinking i may be denial with a few things about her death. ? i guess its just a stage i have to go through ?
best to you all
sue

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 21, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9213886

That is such a beautiful quilt--and the kids sure seem to like it, lol! The angels are wonderful, too.
And I like the daylilies to honor the law enforcement officers.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 22, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9214144

Hi Sue...
The new angels are so pretty! Love the day lilies too!! I will be printing the photo of the twins...I love it,as well as the one with you wrapped in the Armwrap shawl!!

Sue, just know we are here any time you need a place to come and "voice" out what you need to. I wish I could tell you its over, but truth is it never really goes away...Something will always play on your mind and you will go through so many boughts of emotions.
These are very natural, unfortunately they hit at any given time or place.

All I can say, and I hope you feel is good advise or nust a little help, when you get hit with them, try and write if anythi.g just to get them out or you'll go bonkers. Burn the angry and sad and hold on to your heart all the happy and good. Most of all know Jessica is always with you
In heart and Spirit. She is with angels and embraced in God's love...

I continue too hold you a.d the twins in my heart and prayers.
You know you can call/txt anytime if you need to.

Love and Armwraps Sistah.
Judy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 22, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9214178

Sue, those are wonderful additions to the garden! Love the twins and that lily too!
I agree with Judy, just take it one day at a time.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 24, 2012
4:24 AM

Post #9216600

Beautiful!!

(((((HUGS)))))

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9217306

It is so hard to watch what is going on in CO wiht the shooting victims at the movie theatre. i just can't watch it. apparently its PTSDS and some things just make me fall to the ground and cry... its like i just loose all self control and all feeling in my legs ...
crazy ???
i never know when it will hit or what i will see and then bam ! wow... its like wanting to curl up in the fetal positiion and die. I get mad at her for it too.
today was a ok day but by 3 pm it sucked !!
yesterday i saw a ambulance, FIre and police at an apt complex in town , we drove by it... and all of a sudden... tears and flash backs kicked into high gear.
i had to pull over , get out of the truck and drop to my knee's ... my poor kids just didn't know what to do.
it was the same scenario at Jessica's... but it wasn't the same crime ... it just looked the same.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9217340

Could be PTSD, and it's certainly understandable. Sending hugs and prayers.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2012
4:32 AM

Post #9224512

Sue,
It's all normal reactions. What happened to Jessica was horrific. I don't know how anyone could ever really get over it or have it lessen with time. Yes, get mad at her. It's OK. God hears your anguish.

((((((HUGE HUGE HUGS)))))) going out. I cannot imagine being in your shoes. I wish you didn't have to be.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9224605

thanks billyporter.
i still can't watch the CO stuff. We had a young man here in the next town over who was there and was killed.He lived in Springfeild.
things were going good for awhile. Then it hits you again and it all comes back to me.
just getting tired of it.
The garden has a mole or a gofer in it ?? i still have not gotten around to capturing it.
need to do that pretty fast.as i have iris that need to go in the ground for next spring.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 5, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9230011

Sue,
Staying busy is about all you can do. You're in my thoughts a lot, so feel the calming vibes when you are working outside.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9232214

we have been busy at fair this last couple days.
fair is over on friday.
hopeing things get back to normal or as normal as they get around here LOL
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9232410

What's normal? ;)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 7, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9232639

Yeah,
I'm still waiting to get back to a non-busy day :o)

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 7, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9233495

well normal is ... hmmmm...i have no idea anymore ???
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

August 7, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9233542

Normal is...well, I really don't know. Is there such a definition for the word???
Guess what I need is a busy day, when my mind doesn't wander to the unhappy times, but only the good.

I have a beautiful angel to set out in the yard and just can't make up my mind where I will put her. She definitely will be a special addition, I'd like a small memory garden for my son and mom. Gigi's is so nice and I think you are inspiring me.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2012
4:23 AM

Post #9233880

Pegi - What a wonderful tribute to Jessica and her Mom!!! There is no higher flattery than to copy something worth while...

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9234497

i m so humbled that jessica's garden inspired you . thank you so much
hugs
sue

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 29, 2012
4:06 PM

Post #9258626

hi folks
been busy and honestly i have forgotten about my own thread ?? ! shame on me.
here is our latest news on the people who murdered jessica

It will be 42 years before Matthew Puccio is even eligible for Parole.
So he will be 68... before the first Parole hearing.

Puccio, 26, was sentenced to life with parole eligibility after 30 years on the charge of aggravated murder, but will have to serve consecutive terms of 12 years for assault, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. He pleaded guilty to all of those charges earlier in the case.
Less than 90 minutes earlier, co-defendant Andrew Forney was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his part in the case.

Sharon Cook, another co-defendant, was first in the courtroom Monday and received three years in prison.

Christopher Wright, another co-defendant, received four years in prison. Cook and Wright were fined $500.

Wright, 37; Cook, 25; Kandis Forney, 25; and Andrew Forney, 26, also pleaded to several charges after they were accused of helping cover up the crime and helping Puccio.

Kandis Forney, the final co-defendant, is to be sentenced Tuesday.
Kandis Forney got 6 yrs in prison. We didn't expect this at all. We realy thought she would only get 4 . The judge asked all of them questions. I think that is what helped in this process. None of them came up with good answers of to why they didn't seek help or stop it.
Mathew Puccio was asked " why did you do it ? " and his reply was " i don't know, that is what i m trying to figure out " ... yea i know... took all i had to not jump on him and dig my mama bear claws into his jugular. :)
here is a tattoo i did . HEr birthday was Aug 28. it was a hard day for me...
She loved anything celtic and her dads family is Irish. She also loved Sparrows.
i will add later more things to the tattoo. I will add a portrait of her maybe in Dec. ?
here is also a new glow ball i recieved from my aunt and cousins to put in her garden

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 31, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9260485

Love that tattoo Sue. Glad to hear they all got time behind bars!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9260700

That tattoo is really a beautiful work of art!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9260885

thanks
it has been a pretty emotional week for me. The emotions are so complex.
I loved her as a baby and a young girl but when she became a woman it got tough. Then she choose a cult for love instead of us , her family ? can't wrap my brain around it. Its hard to get through these emotions. I get pretty mad at her at times.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
2:18 AM

Post #9261184

Sometimes it is hard to understand what paths another's shoes will take. Praying for happy memories for you today...
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2012
9:12 AM

Post #9261419

It really is scary when your kids become old enough to ignore your input into what they are doing and the people that they hang around with.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 1, 2012
12:48 PM

Post #9261588

true so true
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9261910

But we all did it... it's called growing up...many times we didn't chose correctly...
and I lost a lost of friends along the way...

Never thought I'd loose a Friend's kid though...

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 2, 2012
1:53 PM

Post #9262555

My friend has a son who is doing drugs and drinking... he has some real issues to work out . He and Jessica were pretty close when they were kids. I just hope he gets his issue's worked out before something terrible happens. I worry about him .

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2012
3:25 AM

Post #9273762

Sue,

(((((HUGS))))) I can't make them any bigger, but if I could...

Getting mad is OK. It's how you work things out. At least as best you can. There will always be horrific memories. When I find myself thinking ''wrong,'' I sing ''Jesus Loves Me'' to break it off.

Peace and love to you.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 13, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9273790

thanks Porter. :) sending you ((())) also.
well i was thinking of the past few weeks.
" maybe i m over the mourning process ? " , but the last few days have been tough.
i made her fav dish. saurkraut and bratwurst and i was eating i realized... " oh my gosh this was Jess's fav !!! " burst into tears and threw it away.
I think i m still struggling with survivors guilt ?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9273797

That's the time to keep on eating Sue and remembering how she enjoyed it. It must have been a good thing for her if it was her favorite and I would have been smiling at the memory. That's a good thing to remember especially through the tears...

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 13, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9273821

Barb you are right, it was just a moment and i wasn't thinking of that ... its so complex all the emotions one goes through...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9273840

Hang in there Sue, your going to have lots of memories, hopefully good ones! ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9274274

How was dinner tonight Sue? Did you have a good time with Cookie?
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9274299

There are so many things that can trigger memories, and that's got to be really hard to go through. I'm sending hugs, too, Sue.
This thread is so long, it took nearly three minutes to load (dialup)--would you like to start a new one, Sue, or do you want one of us to do it? I can, if you like.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 14, 2012
4:37 AM

Post #9274743

yes please start a new thread. my comp is acting up again and i can't seem to copy paste anything ?? weird ?
dinner was a bowl of cereal LOL
i ate mexican with Cookie so i was full from that
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9275375

Okay, here's the new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280260/

See everyone there!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ohio River Valley Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Plant Lists with Invasives? tabasco 80 Aug 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Let's go gardening! Terry 1 Jul 9, 2008 12:16 AM
Adams County Amish Bird Symposium: March 3, 2007 tabasco 6 Sep 7, 2008 10:34 PM
Cincinnati Flower Show 2007 "Play in the Dirt" tabasco 18 Apr 21, 2007 7:48 AM
ORV Spring Plant Swap/Potluck Questions Illoquin 154 Mar 12, 2007 9:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America