2001 Ford Ranger LXT

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

We have a 2001 Ford Ranger LXT model(4 dr.) with less than 18,000 miles on it that we are considering selling. It has been kept in excellent condition, just needs to run through the car/truck wash.. How do I go about finding a reasonable value for it if I sell it outright? When you go to a used car dealer, do they provide you a written estimate of what they would be willing to pay you outright for that vehicle..if we will not be buying another vehicle? Should I go to more than one Ford dealer for an appraisal? We have somebody interested in it, but I want to offer that person a fair deal as well as get the most we can for it.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Car dealers are going to offer you a wholesale price for it. You are looking for a retail price.
I just checked the Baltimore craigslist.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=34&subAreaID=&query=2001+ford+ranger&catAbb=sss

They seem to be running $6000 to $7000 with 100k + miles on them.
You can also search on ebay. Go to advanced search and choose completed Auctions to see what they are going for.

Missouri City, TX

Kelley's Blue Book is also on-line.

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

In the past, I phoned some 'nicer' used car lots, pretended to be an insurance adjuster, and asked "If you had XYZ on your lot, what do you think it would sell for?"

At that time, i was asking about a fairly uncommon vehicle, but it might be helpful with a common vehicle with uncommonly low mileage.

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

In the past, I phoned some 'nicer' used car lots, pretended to be an insurance adjuster, and asked "If you had XYZ on your lot, what do you think it would sell for? We may have to total our client's car and need a value."

At that time, i was asking about a fairly uncommon vehicle, but it might be helpful with a common vehicle with uncommonly low mileage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.