Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants: Other plants?

Communities > Forums > Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plantsReplies: 1, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
martyR
Munster, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 23, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9093888

One of my other passion is sewing/quilting, so this right up my alley. I have never [yet] grown potatoes, but am interested in this for other plants. Which would be suitable? I am thinking of zucchini as I have not had much success with containers or in ground due to wet and then I think mildew.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9094151

martyR, You might try growing zucchini in a Tote! They tend to sprawl a bit if they're happy, but the grow bags may be just the trick to avoid the mildew caused by too much moisture (I have the same issues here). Good idea! I have not tried any other plants yet, but believe any of the shorter growing plants would do very well. I expect corn to topple a Tote, and vine crops would need a trellis nearby, of course. I think we should all try various plants to see which does best and report back here!

Thanks for reading and posing another good use for the Totes!
--
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, nice one, Bev Cville_Gardener 14 Apr 23, 2012 9:55 AM
Terrific! thatswho 1 Apr 23, 2012 7:44 AM
Pests? quiltygirl 5 Apr 26, 2012 8:48 AM
Alternate Fabric? DesertRattess 5 Apr 25, 2012 8:07 PM
very intriguing . . . plantkiller46 3 May 2, 2012 4:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America