Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants: Other plants?

Communities > Forums > Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plantsReplies: 1, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
martyR
Munster, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 23, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9093888

One of my other passion is sewing/quilting, so this right up my alley. I have never [yet] grown potatoes, but am interested in this for other plants. Which would be suitable? I am thinking of zucchini as I have not had much success with containers or in ground due to wet and then I think mildew.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9094151

martyR, You might try growing zucchini in a Tote! They tend to sprawl a bit if they're happy, but the grow bags may be just the trick to avoid the mildew caused by too much moisture (I have the same issues here). Good idea! I have not tried any other plants yet, but believe any of the shorter growing plants would do very well. I expect corn to topple a Tote, and vine crops would need a trellis nearby, of course. I think we should all try various plants to see which does best and report back here!

Thanks for reading and posing another good use for the Totes!
--
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, nice one, Bev Cville_Gardener 14 Apr 23, 2012 9:55 AM
Terrific! thatswho 1 Apr 23, 2012 7:44 AM
Pests? quiltygirl 5 Apr 26, 2012 8:48 AM
Alternate Fabric? DesertRattess 5 Apr 25, 2012 8:07 PM
very intriguing . . . plantkiller46 3 May 2, 2012 4:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America