Photo by Melody

Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants: Terrific!

Communities > Forums > Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plantsReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
thatswho
Endicott, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9094042

Thanks so much. I don't have a lot of sun in my yard, but really want to have some home-grown veggies. I thought I would dot these around in the few areas that do get it. I was wondering if the garden cloth would work to make my own; glad to hear it does, and that you've done all the experimentation for us.

I'm a little late getting going, but hope the plants will catch up.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9094173

thatswho, You sound like me, chasing the sun around my dimly lit yard! I don't think it's ever too early or too late to plant something as long as you can move the pot/Tote to shelter or throw a bag over it! You might check a companion planting chart to see what flowers, herbs, or other veggies you can combine in the Tote to make a nice decorative and more productive arrangement, too!

Good luck and I hope you get plenty of veggies this summer!
Thanks for reading and commenting,
--
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tater Totes: DIY fabric pots for potatoes & other plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, nice one, Bev Cville_Gardener 14 Apr 23, 2012 9:55 AM
Other plants? martyR 1 Apr 23, 2012 7:36 AM
Pests? quiltygirl 5 Apr 26, 2012 8:48 AM
Alternate Fabric? DesertRattess 5 Apr 25, 2012 8:07 PM
very intriguing . . . plantkiller46 3 May 2, 2012 4:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America