Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

I made more...........

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

My two new ones for porch.

Thumbnail by morganc Thumbnail by morganc
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

How're you gonna keep those philo? rhododendron? from getting huge in those containers?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

One is split leaf philodendron, the other is Elephant Ears. And I want them to get huge quick.....thus the stuffed pots.....we are having a wedding in the backyard next month and can use all the flowers/plants we can find. I'll worry later if they get overgrown......ha ha! Right now I want the porch to look tropical for the wedding. :-))

Dearborn, MI(Zone 5b)

Morganc, The pots are beautiful. But I'm looking past them through the railing and the yard looks like it's equally lovely. Could you post photos of your whole garden?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you kneff......here is our streambed that I just planted with flowers. Hopefully they will fill in a bit by next month.

Thumbnail by morganc
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Your place is beautiful... In the second pot is that a white caladium in the back? The pots are gorgeous already !!
Christine

Beautiful!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

jasminesmom - YES.......I love Caladiums and really wish they would come back year after year. But we do get freezes.....and they croak! :-(

Did you know you can dig them up before the freeze, store and save them for next year?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I know......but I'm a lazy gardener and that sounds like WAY too much trouble. I like easy.

Cannas live through our winters, (so I have lots of them) you'd think Caladiums would too. It's not like the ground freezes or anything. Even Dahlias make it!

Our garage is full of Plumeria and a few others that we store there in the winter, and our greenhouse can't take any more plants due to space considerations. I guess I'm already doing "hard"......I want easy now!

Dearborn, MI(Zone 5b)

Really lovely--thank you for posting!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.