Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Garden Shed: Pure Rain Spray Nozzle

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 10, Views: 98
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

April 23, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9094091

I saw this on display at my local Lowe's. Has anyone had any experience with these? Is the theory behind the product accurate? Would it have the same oxygenating effect as using hydrogen peroxide? At $30, I'd like a little more info before I fall for the PR.
http://purerain.com/nanobubbles/
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 23, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9094128

I always tend to be skeptical about things like that, but I have no personal experience with that one so I couldn't say for sure. If it's not too much more expensive than other nozzles you'd consider buying then it's worth an experiment, certainly won't hurt your plants but if it's a lot more expensive I'm not convinced it would do as much as they say.
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

April 23, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9094436

I really wasn't in the market for a new sprayer however the PR makes it sound enticing. I wouldn't think that the increased air in the stream would actually make it through the first layer of soil but would love it if I'm wrong. :)
back40bean
Decatur, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9094449

I'd be skeptical, too. You'd still be using unfiltered tap water, right? Still, it is intriguing. I use rainbarrels and city water both but nothing can compare to a good rain.
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

April 23, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9094705

I do have 3 rain barrels and use them (although too early yet to get them operating here) but otherwise it's city water, complete with its chlorine and chemicals for really dry spells.
Mountaindweller
Dolan Springs, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 29, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9102338

I think it is actually nitrogen that the rain picks up in the atmosphere, which is what has that geening affect.
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

April 29, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9102549

You're probably right about the nitrogen. I gotta wait a couple more weeks before we're free of frost/freezing and then I can set the rain barrels to collecting some rain.
Mountaindweller
Dolan Springs, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 29, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9102869

Another advantage to the barrels would be to let the city water set in them for a bit too. I THINK I read somewhere that the bleach and chemicals will evaporate, which would be good for your plants too.
I only have one metal trash can to catch water, and I am amazed at how quickly it fills when it rains! And how quickly I use it up :(
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

April 29, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9102884

Great tip about letting chlorinated water sit in the rain barrels! I'll have to remember that.
steadycam3
Houston Heights, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 29, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9102897

Google nanobubbles. You will get and education of the possibilities. From what I read, the sprinkler is good marketing, not necessarily good gardening. Read and see if you agree.
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

April 30, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9103766

Hmmm - without spending the whole morning reading various links, it seems like the Pure Rain nozzle produces microbubbles - much like an aerator on your sink tap, perhaps under greater pressure - rather than true nanobubbles. I did read of the experiments in China using the nanobubble technology but do microbubbles really have the same effect? Seems like true nanobubbles need some type of generating device other than what's contained in the nozzle. Your comment did open my eyes to nanobubble technology and its applications - medical, ground/water pollution, etc.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America