Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: froggie swap reveal continues here!

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 211, Views: 1,246
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 23, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9094206

New room to show off your froggies and toads!

We came from here!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1251222/

Mail out date will be 21 April.

1. monkeymomr - robyn ... outdoor frogs and love whisical ones :-)
2. purpbutfly - Cindy ... I love funny cute, metal frogs most but will be happy with any kind of froggie. :-)
3. ClanCampbell - Chris ... I love outdoor ones and either real or whimsical. Please hold your boxes till the 21st. :-)
4. Oberon46 - Mary ... Outdoor real or whimsical :-)
5. Mud_Elf - Kris ... Outdoor silly or whimsical Please hold your boxes till May 1st. :-)
6. deejay9 - Susie ... out door funny wierd usefull or play full. :-)
7. irisluvr0252 - Debbie ... Outdoor :-)
8. diamond9192002 - Anita ... outdoor whimsical frog :-)
9. warriorswisdomkathy - Kathy ... outdoor and either, but leaning to whimsy :-)
10. rouxcrew - Joy ... Outdoor, and either whimsy or real :-)
11. FruitOfTheVine - Susan ... outdoors whimsical or realistic :-)
12. Cville_Gardener - Carole ... outdoor, please, I guess realistic is my favorite but any kind is just fine. :-)
13. heavenscape - Jaye ... Any FROG is fine with me :-)
14. jsxtiger - Jax ... Outside frog :-)
15. Crit - Patti ... Any kind will do. :-)
16. Ridesredmule - Charlene ... Outdoor frog, any kind :-)
17. Happgarden - Joyce ... Outdoor frog :-)
19. Robynznest- Robyn ...any kind of frog :-)
20. Bettypauze - Betty ... any kind of frog :-)
21. Sundownr - Bev ... I like outdoor toads, but welcome frogs, too! :-)
22. Taters55 - Linda ... Any kind of frog :-)

If you have a smiley face by your name, it means you have received your box of froggies!

Thanks again for a great swap, looking forward to seeing you all next year!

This message was edited Jul 5, 2012 11:13 AM

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9094211

Love dem froggies!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 23, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #9094225

Bev, crossing all my limbs--- NO SNOW in Wytheville, Va.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #9094236

Thank you Jaye!!! I need all the crossed body parts I can recruit, lol!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 23, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9094297

Hippity hoppin' on over. This swap is moving right along. I am enjoying the frogs and toads I received from Robin. This swap really is fun!

Edited to include sentences that make sense. :)

This message was edited Apr 23, 2012 10:59 AM

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9094324

ditto!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 23, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9094512

LindaKay, mine arrived from Chris..Debbie will open and forward me photo's of my treasure!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 23, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9094555

OK, Can't wait to see what you got!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9095784

Hope none of you all are being hit by the noreaster. They were showing it on the map today. WOW
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9096229

My froggies arrived yesterday- they were patiently sitting on the porch when I got home from work.. haven't taken a pic yet, but will as soon as I find that silly camera cord in one of these boxes in my front room LOL

Joy was my buddy and she sent me the cutest set of balancing frogs yard art- very rustic looking and I love them!! As I told her, I can't wait to find the perfect spot for them outside :)

Thanks again Joy.. you done good, girlie!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
12:55 AM

Post #9096786

Chris, you and that camera cord. I remember that from before. You do have a time with that cord, don't you? :-)

Your frogs sound great. I have one of those balancing pieces that's a dragonfly. Luv it. I must look for a froggie one as well.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9097076

Poor Chris. I know what it's like moving then trying to find something. UGH! I feel your pain.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9097351

Chris and the truant camera chord!! Would love to see a pic of that, once you found that chord.
Me.. it's batteries. Never fail. When I need to take pics of swaps I've received, batteries 'dieded'! This time I'm prepared. Got fresh ones for this swap!

Bev, how's the weather there? Raining here and quite a brisk 64*. Supposed to hit 80s! Good for the brugs.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #9097366

Afternoon everyone! How are you all doing getting those froggies boxed up?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
1:14 PM

Post #9097485

OH MY GAWD! happ, did you hear me squeal? Girl, you know me so well. This piece is perfect for me on so many levels and is already proudly displayed in my garden. And what a masterful packing job you did. Thank you, my Friend!!!

I received the most beautiful, amazing, whopping 18" diameter glass Froggie / Butterfly, Dragonfly, Lily Pads bird bath bowl on a metal stand.
You can't really tell from the pics but the critters, flowers and rocks are raised in the molded glass. Simply stunning!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 25, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9097496

It is indeed gorgeous.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9097504

Oh fruity, that is so pretty!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9097506

15 delivered, and 7 more to go! Nice job ladies!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9097532

Jaye, It's trying to warm up, but we're getting sprinkles. We never got any snow, and all the plants I babied did fine...sheeeweee, a close one!

Sooz, Love the bowl, happ can really pick 'em!!

Hope you find your camera cable Chris. I feel so sorry for ladies unpacking your stuff. I go nuts trying to find things for years after a move!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
2:53 PM

Post #9097595

Fruity it was not suppose to get there until Saturday. Sent parcel post..wow I am surprised it got there so fast and in one piece...rofl...be glad I was not thinking about shipping...lucky shopping between discount and coupons ...but only could get one frog. I am glad you like it.

I got your name right as I was going to mail the water plants so at that time I didn't have the frog and my plan was to combine the mailing but that didn't work out so the plants went out today.
Enjoy :)

I haven't moved in a million years and currently can't find my camera. So if I moved I would never find anything or maybe I would find it only to lose it in a box...rofl. you have my sympathy ..

This message was edited Apr 25, 2012 3:59 PM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9097608

Ok it is 92 in the shade...bizzar I am cooling it on the porch in the wicker lounge trying to use this kindle..loving my day off.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9097645

Wow, what a great find!!!! I have one of those in my back yard, it is a sunflower and I love it. Great things hopping around!!!

Happ, if I can ask, where did you find it so reasonable? Around here the bowl alone is around $30 and the stand as well. I would love to get one for my mom.

Joy
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9097671

I got it at gordmans. I have found a lot of great stuff there really reasonable and if you play the coupon game it works great. The bowl and stand came together for one price. Last one with a frog that they had on display so they marked it down then had a coupon and if you ask they have a customer (shut up) appreciation discount...rofl actually they gave me the discount because it took so long to get someone to help me with something else I was buying on a shelf so high you had to have a ladder. Key is to go example Friday evening they are really helpful when they aren't busy. Hope that helps and you can get one for your mom.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9097766

Hi everyone, sorry I've been a.w.o.l. since last Friday. Had a festival to show at over the weekend. Then come Monday morning had major dental work done. I'm just now starting to feel a little better and the pain is subsiding.

Carole I'm so glad you liked everything. When I got them I had to get me the same thing. Frogs are just so cute.

I'm loving everyones frogs, I kinda want to go around and swipe them all. But I won't!! Nothing here for me yet. Everyone have a good night, I've sat here long enough, starting to hurt again, it will be better soon.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9097783

Hope your feeling better soon Robyn!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9097855

Ha! Joke about me and my poor missing cable! But it just hit me that (no way would I have done this!) maybe I should actually look in the camera case first LOL :-)

Course, the day I was getting internet..I needed my router and I couldn't find that sucker for nothing! I dug in boxes that had my other computer stuff and my computer cords- found the modem, but no router. Wanna take a guess where I finally found it?? Luckily it was BEFORE the cable guy got here! It was in one of my scrapbooking boxes!! Seriously! Then I remembered the logic of why I put it in there :) Yes, I do believe I packed my brain in amongst a box somewhere LOL!

Fruitness, I know that you're just being polite with Miss Happ (oh, that's a pun! mishap- get it.. like losing a camera LOL) oh--back to what I was trying to con..er.. say to you. I know you really don't like that birdbath and I really do need one here- so just ship it this way when you get a second, ok?? Please and thanks :)

I can't figure out how the devil it made it through the shipping! I'd be scared to death to mail something like that- you would think it'd be in a million pieces..

Ok- I have to admit that after work, a friend and I went to Carlos O'Kellys and had a jumbo margarita..so forgive my silliness :)

Now I'm off of here-- going to try to figure out where that camera case is! :-)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
8:03 PM

Post #9097962

Robyn oh that sounds painful hope you feel better soon
Chris wish I would of thought of the name miss happ rofl...fits me perfect...love it

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9097992

How I feel for you, Robin. Take care of yourself, Sweetie.

Miss Happ...lol! That was a good one. You know Missy Clan, you're the second person I read tonight that had a big old marguerita. Have one for me between unpacking that mountain of boxes :)

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9097993

Hope you start feeling better Robyn! I can't handle pain like that very well myself!

Chris, A jumbo margarita sounds pretty good right now, lol...maybe you'll find that cable now that you're relaxed a bit!

Off to bed for me...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2012
10:40 PM

Post #9098098

Susan, you're right. You got "the most beautiful, amazing, whopping 18" diameter glass Froggie / Butterfly, Dragonfly, Lily Pads bird bath bowl on a metal stand." And if you wished to retire it, you have my addy ;)

Joyce, that's truly weird weather we are both having. You in Kansas, 92* in the shade. Here I am, close to Myrtle Beach, S.C, enjoying low 70s and the weatherman had predicted 80s for the rest of the week. For the past few years, we have gone from winter and straight into summer!!

Robyn.. OUCH!!! Some Bailey's after dental work will do wonders for you ;) Sending you healing thoughts, girl!

Bev, as much as I like you, I will not cross my limbs anymore.
Darn I look like an old rickety yogi, minus the loin cloth and turban!! It's not easy to get these old bones criss crossed!!!
Jokes aside, I'm glad it didn't snow in Va. Your plants survive to entertain you for another year :-)

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9098217

Jaye, Your criss-crossed body bending effort was a success and greatly appreciated, LOL! We have warm weather with a good steady soaking rain today, with a promise of sunshine tomorrow! Thank you ma'am, have a Bailey's on me (or one of those jumbo margaritas)!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2012
4:54 AM

Post #9098225

Ok, after much help from Linda, my box is finally getting mailed today.

We are moving in the next couple of days and my landlord informed us last night that he is turning off our power this morning, I have been packing and running like crazy the last few days I never had someone get so mad because we wanted to move!!! It is just unbelievable!! So this may be my last post for a while.

I am working with Charter to get the cable run to my new place and will keep Linda up to date by phone.

Now for the really bad news!! The address we have is still not being acknowledged by the post office. So I will be going to the E911 office next Tuesday to get that fixed. I might have to get everything sent to my daughters house and Goober will take care of what ever I get until I can go get it,,, Or I can ask Ralph if things can be sent to his Domino's Store in Alexander City. I need to remember to ask him today. I will call LK today and let her know for sure.

Huggs to all And I will miss you so much...

Elfie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9098257

Robin, glad the dental work is over. Act, ack, ack. :(

Susan, gorgeous! I saw one of those at our Rural King store, I believe it was, and really admired it. Or maybe it was Lowe's.

Moving ... ack! Such a chore.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2012
6:52 AM

Post #9098400

Good luck with everything Kris!! No matter how much you prepare when you move, sometimes everything goes to #$%$^&. We've had good moving experiences and nightmarish ones. Hang in there girl, just keep the end game in mind!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9099093

Had the "Perfect Margarita" at AppleBee's tonight (oldest kid's b-day celebration) . . . was purdy good, but I'll stick to the Bailey's, Kahlua, or KY bourbon, if given a choice! Just checkin' in . . . never mind me.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9099139

Those are good 'ritas too, Bev :) It's not often I find a place where I don't like them- as long as they have a little sweetness to them. mmm-mmm-good :)

Ok, I had a message all typed out and went to upload 2 pics- and it kicked me out of the room! I hate that!!

Anyway, I found my camera cord and so finally- here are my pics of the neat froggies who came to live with me. Joy, I really do love these! Thank you again :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9099142

Here's another view of them :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9099156

Ahhhh Chris, those froggies are so cool! Joy knew just what to send you! Glad you found that dern cable. I was trying to help by lookin' over here for it too!

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 26, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9099171

Myself, I prefer Bailey's+Kahlua+Grand Marnier= B52 Coffee (or just over the rocks) Speaking of which...

And I love those froggies. Really neat and unusual. And they should turn a really neat color. Green!! lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9099209

Awwwwwww, those are adorable!!!!! Do you know the name of the hosta with the pointed leaves?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9099393

Love those balancing froggies Chris!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #9099426

What sweet balancing frogs, Chris. If they're copper you better hide 'em from Elfie.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 26, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9099427

Those froggies are too cute!!!!!!! My package should be arriving in the next few days, my box was headed westish. lol...Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9099749

Love the frogs, those are so cute, I need one of those for my water garden...

Glad you found your cable, I still haven't found my camera...it is getting serious now...
Kathy that is a pretty iris.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9099846

Westish from you Kathy doesn't leave much room. LOL
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 27, 2012
8:27 AM

Post #9099891

I don't know. Isn't that about half the US, not counting us? lol. So fun guessing. Or perhaps you were being facetious.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 27, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9100124

I'll never tell...lol. That will keep those who haven't gotten there's yet guessing, hope it's soooooon tho.
Thanks happ, that's one of three dwarfs in bloom now, much too early tho.
Got a great rain last night, glad I got some annual vines seeds in the ground yesterday. Few sweet peas, Dolocho lablab, Ipomea Scarlet O'hara, Cardiospurmum (love in a puff), green beans, Mina lobata, Nasturium Canary Creeper, Basella (climbing spinich), and Lagenario (apple gourd, new for me hope I get some gourds, lol). Tomorrow I'll try to get the rest of the sweetpeas in.
Who's serving Kahlua, if there's cream to go along with it I'll be there, lol, or my fav. Disorono (sp) (almond liquour, yummmmm!)
Gosh I sure hope that box arrives SOOON!!!!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9100144

Won't be long probably a week and my peonies will be done blooming which is about a month too early! We have cooled off to about normal and even a little below. Still just about 10 drops of rain...I was really hoping I would get some rain. Our froggies are going to be high stepping if we don't get some rain soon.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9100198

We had a storm go through a while ago with a little rain, but we have more lined up for later. yeah! Love the blooms, I have one peony blooming and a few iris. the ground orchid is starting to bloom and it hasn't even gotten tall enough. Two clematis are blooming and the other four have buds. It's starting to look like spring is finally here. We've had hummers for about 2 weeks now, they've already sucked the feeders dry twice.

Kahlua and cream yum, but just as good on the rocks. Maybe a couple of Amoreetos later will calm the nerve endings down in my mouth (meaning that 2 ways of course. dental and my mouth blabbing)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9100666

Crit wrote:Awwwwwww, those are adorable!!!!! Do you know the name of the hosta with the pointed leaves?

Thanks everyone- they are so cool! I came home and there's a bit of a wild breeze blowing and those little froggers were going round and round like crazy! I couldn't believe they hadn't fallen off, since all they do is balance.

Um, Patti- I was hoping someone could tell me what the name was! lol..they are some of the ones I inherited when I bought the house. When I get on the other computer, I'll show you a pic of one of my other hostas.. it's a pretty green and cream (white?) color :) I count about 6 different varieties so far here at the house!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9104013

We have been getting regular rains here which is such a good thing. EXCEPT!...the one we received last night. DH tilled a large new garden for me, we were out there until dark and I couldn't see the roots any longer, so was going to finish pulling weeds out of it today. I was praying the rains would stay north of us as the lightening was up that way, but wouldn't you know it ... 1 1/4" of rain fell. UgH. Shouldn't complain, but now need to let it dry up some and do it all again. There was quite a bit of bermuda in places so want to be sure to get as many of those roots as possible. I'm putting black paper down before I plant, but that darn bermuda can find the tiniest little holes!

Chris, if you find out the name, let me know, please.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 1, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9105662

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255544/

Ladies, there is a new swap open, Red white and blue, come and check it out!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 2, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9106833

Checking in. Still no mail address,,,sigh,,, things going good other than that,, very tired,lots of pain,lots of work still to go,

Didn't buddy get her box?

Got to go need to work while it is cool outside,,,

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 2, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9106891

Hey Kris, I know you have a lot to do, but make it little steps, one day at a time!
Let us know when you get an address.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9106997

Oh Kris. Wish we could help you. You could just sit in a nice easy chair and direct your DG crew. sigh. Sorry.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 2, 2012
1:46 PM

Post #9107465

I soooo hate the moving crap for you Kris!! I agree with LK, take it one day at a time so as not to worry and wear out your nerves!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #9107562

I received the most beautiful froggie bird bath, and a butterfly, a beautiful book (it is so lovely inside wish I could send pictures of pictures lol), seeds and plants. Way over the top for sure. Thanks Kathy (warriorswisdom) for all the beautiful things.
Mary

Thumbnail by Oberon46

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 2, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9107576

Wow, look at that birdbath! Very nice Kathy!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 2, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9107578

Only 5 more to be delivered!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 2, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9107631

Wow Mary! I love the froggie birdbath and the butterfly! Is that one of those books filled with gorgeous inspiring photos?? Great swap box Kathy!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9107654

Very nice, Mary!

It was hot and humid here today too, Elfie. Felt more like the middle of June. Take it easy, girl.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9107759

Mary, sorry it took soooo long getting there, the P.O. wanted $58+ to ship priority and I just couldn't do it. It was that or keep it for myself, in fact I may have to get one for myself, lol. You might have to try soaking the plants if there's any life left in them. And I hope those seeds are of use to you, sorry, can't remember what I sent, lol. Book I got off of Amazon, and the price was right. In fact, I want that Campanula on the front cover, droollllllll. And the butterfly was just an extra goody, I hope you enjoy all. Kathy.

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9107824

Kathy, I do I do... I love it all. And I have the plants in water with hope in my heart. You were so generous and picked such beautiful things. Thank you again.
Mary
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 2, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9107830

Those are so cute, love the frogs, I love the books and magazines, I read and reread, and look at the pics over and over and over...rofl.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2012
7:46 PM

Post #9107909

Happ...that's why they make picture books... lol, inspiration. Oh ya, and I 'spose it's good to read the words once in awhile, lol. Personally, I LOVE books!!! Magazines are great but books will last a lifetime!!!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2012
4:54 AM

Post #9108167

Good morning froggie luvs!
Goodness Mary, you sure scored with Kathy's heavy surprise! That's a nice birdbath.

Yup Kathy. I don't understand how USPS can threaten to go under when they keep raising prices.
The most ridiculous thing is you can't ship anything above 1 pound at first class package rate anymore. It got to be priority.
This small town is at the mercy of one USPS. For other package carriers, we have to go OOT.

This message was edited May 3, 2012 10:46 AM

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9108258

Great froggies, Mary and WWKathy. :-)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 3, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9109285

I got my goodies, Look what the Elf sent me.

2 positively adorable frogs posing on flower balls and a sitting connected frog that is just too cute, reminds me of my ocarina. Then I've got a froggie on a ladder for my pot the top part of the ladder was the only thing that was broke in the box, I am just amazed about that. Back to the froggies There are 2 beautiful ceramic frogs. Kris did you make them I just love them. Then there is a 3 part frog that says welcome. This will go on my tree right by the front porch. I love them all Thank you so much Elfie.

Sorry I didn't get on and let you know I got it sooner, but between all the storms and the dental thing which has made me so sore and sick, I haven't felt like even sitting here to do anything.

I got my frogs and they are the bestest. Loving everyone elses but loving mine more. Thank you.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 3, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9109290

don't know what happened thought I had post both pics. Head still not working right. This should have been the first pic.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9109346

They are pretty Robin. You have a nice collection now.
Hope you get to feel better soon.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 3, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9109362

Thank you Jaye. I would love to eat again too. lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 3, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9109375

Love those froggies! Hope your feeling better soon!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 3, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9109459

Awwww those are the cutest froggies! Robyn they should make you feel better much faster!
Good selection Kris.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9109832

Good work, Kris. Great box, Robin. Get well soon! :-)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9109863

Robin,,, glad you liked your froggies,,, I tried to send you a mix of indoor and out door so you could use then everywhere. I did not make the frogs this time,,with the move that was out of the question,,but next year I hope to make all the frogs for my buddy!!

Got to go...

Elfie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9110545

Mary and Kathy ... love, love, love the bird bath! So cute!

Robyn ... Good Elf did it again with another great box!

I scooped my first froggie out of the pool the other day. It won't be the last! lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 5, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9111735

Crit if your pool were closer you would be scooping me out of it...heavens 90+ and humid humid humid!

Love all the froggies, they are so cute. Great job elfie!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 6, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9113029

LOL Happ... as Bob Barker use to say "Come on down!"
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 6, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9113319

Neighbors have a pool. While filling it the first year, they ran their well dry and almost burned up their pump. Now he uses a homemade contraption loaded on the back of his truck that's capable of siphoning water from a nearby river. In fact, he started that task today and made three out of many, many trips it'll take before their pool is finally filled and ready to open, traditionally Memorial Day week-end. Even with so many trips and the cost of gas, he comes out better than using our local Fire Department.

NOTE TO MY MYSTERY BUDDY: You have not been forgotten. I ordered your Froggie last week and received an email saying delivery may take 2-3 weeks. The vendor is mailing directly to you. Having ordered from him before, I know his word is good and so is his work. Just hope that's a long-term estimate and your Froggie reaches you sooner.
I'll keep you posted with tracking info, LK.

This message was edited May 6, 2012 9:43 PM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 7, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9113880

Hot and humid Friday, Saturday, and then the storms came...heavens did we get water, I think it probably strangled a few frogs it was so heavy. I haven't been out to the water garden and I sure hope none of my fish floated out! It poured all night and was still pouring this morning with giant bolts of lightening...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 7, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9114018

I am ready for my froggies please,, just send to domminos,, they promiced not to put them in any pizzas!!!

Huggs to all..

Elfie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 7, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9114030

LOL! Don't think a froggie pizza sounds good!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 7, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9114109

This froggie swap has been soo much fun!!! So far there haven't been any repeats have there, isn't that amazing. Lol.
Drizzling here today, just love it, hoping to get an inch. They said that white stuff is just west of me, hope they keep it there til next November.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 7, 2012
11:07 AM

Post #9114114

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBIN, WHEREVER YOU ARE. ♥♥♥ Hope your day is special. :-D

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 7, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9114122

Happy Birthday Robin!!!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 7, 2012

Post #9114273

Elfie, I didn't know the pizza places delivered froggies, lol. That's really nice of them!

Kathy, I agree! All the swap box froggies have been adorably unique, which made for a really fun swap!

Happy birthday Robin, hope it's a good one!!

This message was edited May 7, 2012 3:23 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 7, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9114537

I don't think there have been any duplicates for several years now! All the froggies are unique! Happy Birthday Robin, hope you have a great day!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 7, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9114773

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and the pix. It's been a pretty good one with all the calls and notes and a beautiful 'Gold Medal' rose from my dh.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 8, 2012
8:50 AM

Post #9115631

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257034/

Raise my baby swap is open, come and join the fun! Bring your own Moonshine!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

May 8, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9115765

Kathy, I just had to write. I put your froggy bird bath in a half partition by my front door so I end up walking by it frequently. And every time I walk by it, it makes me happy. and warm inside. sounds dumb, I know. But it is so pretty and whimsical, with his little froggy head resting on his hand -- thanks so much for choosing so very well..

Mary
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 8, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9115773

Yes some amazing froggies have flown across the countries and states..rofl.

People eat frog legs so why not froggie pizza...I heard it taste like chicken...roflm

I have daylilies blooming, lilies, and red hot poker, also have mums with buds, I really don't think I will have a thing blooming in June at this rate...rofl. I will have to buy more annuals...darn! LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9115802

Well gang, I've enjoyed seeing your froggies so much that I couldn't wait for Debbie and I to meet up so I could get my swap box from Chris sooooo asked Debbie (where my parcel was forwarded to state side) to open it up so I could do the happy dance while singing the ohhh/ahhh song.

thanks to Debbie I can get a glimpse of what can be put in my garden once I meet up with Debbie

Have a place for absolutely everything..ohhh that metal froggie will look so nice sitting near the lilypads

Chris, thank you

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 8, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9115853

Betty, those frogs are adorable! Love that pillow... How many do you have to kiss?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2012
11:56 AM

Post #9115917

Rib it/rib it...been so long since I kissed a toad I don't remember!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9115934

Joyce, frog legs?? That will be like cannibalism to us here!! Lol.. kidding...just kidding. I was one.

Back in Singapore, we dined on exquisite deep fried batterless frog legs or frog legs in soy sauce with ginger, star anise and honey.
When I had my first order of fried frog legs in USA, I told the waitress that I wanted 12, as I saw only 2 on a dish in the menu.
My ex told me to stick to 2 and if I wanted more, to order later.
I agreed. But when they came, I jumped out of my chair and screamed. "Those are NOT frog legs, they're chicken drumsticks!!"

Well, back in Singapore.. those dozens of frog legs that I heartily nibbled on were 1/4 the size of those bull frogs!!
Safe to say, I won't touch another American frog leg!!

Betty, liking what you got there!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 8, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9115950

Heavenscape, you crack me up...you can come up and go frogging in our slew anytime you want...rofl.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9115956

When I lived on the lake Jaye and my boys were young, my youngest probably about ten caught some and did them up..when I found out what he was cooking I threw away the pans he fried them in..yuk/yuk and double yuk!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9115968

No thanks Joyce!! I'm contented with what the grocery stores have to offer in animal protein! Before I touch another frog leg, I will return to being a vegetarian.

But Betty, I bet your youngest son won't ever starve, right?
The boys are lucky you didn't hit them with the pan. Lololol!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2012
1:00 PM

Post #9115995

That he won't..

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9116054

Betty, Love the froggies you got from Chris!!! More really cool stuff!

I've never eaten frog legs, but the neighbor boys used to gig for them at our pond years ago (and another lifetime). It seems we had "the premium place" for bullfrogs! I don't know that I'd have the nerve to try them now, even if Domino's delivered them!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9116134

The vendor got on the stick, so to speak...lol and Priority Mailed my buddy's Frog yesterday. Yeah! Should hop in, hopefully tomorrow.

Very nice croakers, Betty, and extra goodies to boot. Know you can't wait to get up with Debbie to retrieve them.

While digging your plants, Patti, for the May swap, a little head peeked out under the leaves. I was nearly eye-ball to eye-ball with it dividing a Dayliliy and thought at first it was a snake. Eeks! Turned out to be a teeny tiny toad...lol. Cuest little thing as it hopped off but did have my heart racing at first glance.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 8, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9116404

Betty, I hope you enjoy the gifts as much as I enjoyed hunting them down :) I thought that metal frog was just so cute!

I've tried frog legs once-my grandson (12 yrs old) loves them and he dared me to try one. LOL.. so I did, of course, cause you can't let down a grandkid :-) He thought it was so funny that I tried them.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9116432

Can't wait to get them home and into my garden Chris..pillow will look cute set on the bench in the secret garden!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 8, 2012
9:52 PM

Post #9116669

HEY... I wanna now, WHAT'S the answer, how many do I have to Kiss!!!!!??????
Great presents Betty!!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9116882

Elfie does not eat poor froggies!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 9, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9116907

I don't eat froggies either but if a big old bull frog ends up in my water garden he is going to have to move, I heard they eat fish!

Thumbnail by happgarden

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 10, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9118169

Happy b-day Elfie!!!! Hope you have a chance to celebrate and relax a bit!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 10, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9118205

Happy Birthday Kris! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 10, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #9118529

Sending birthday wishes as well..

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2012
10:45 AM

Post #9118617

Hey all,, I am at the Laundrymat and Ralph just called to say I have a package at the store so I will have it in a little while!!! Very excited!!

Thanks for the cake and all tyhe birthday wishes. It has been a GREAT day so far!!!!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9118763

Happy Birthday Elfie.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 10, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9118804

Better go get that package, if it is froggies, you don't want them jumping into the pizza!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9119237

I have had the best birthday ever!!

I recieved the most wonderful garden sign ever!!!!!!!

It is hammered green lazer cut metal. It says ELFIES GARDEN. It has the cutest frog cut out on topography the sign and will last for years it is so well made. I will get a picture as soon as possible and post it.

Thank you so much Miss Fruity. You got me the bestest froggies swap gift ever.!!!!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 10, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9119259

Hope you find your camera soon Kris!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9119524

Oh Kris, that is way too cool! I bet you about fell over...perfect gift. You did good fruity as usual.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9119552

Ooooh Kris, I can't wait to see pics of that custom garden sign! Sooz, you're gooood!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9119816

Sign.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9119819

Oh Kris, that is wonderful! Where will you put it?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9119820

It worked!!!! Love my froggies sign!!!!

(((((((((Fruity)))))))))))))

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9119823

This sign is going in a froggies swap garden!!! So in the future. All my froggies will go there , it will be the new bog garden with hopefully lots of real frogs too!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9119827

BEAUTIFUL sign, I love it!!!!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9119872

Great froggie sign from the Queen of Fruitiness.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9119962

That sign is better than I even imagined it would be! Too cool...happy for you Elfie...
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

May 11, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9120211

Oh Kris. That is so neat! wonder where she got it?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9120308

You have to ask Fruity..lol

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9121143

Did y'all see this? I thought it was cute.

Thumbnail by Sundownr

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 12, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9121169

Awe, that is cute!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 12, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9121371

That pix is toooo cute, staged????hmmmm. Elfie...just love that sign, great job fruity!!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9122991

Just got a phone call from DH and he said the neighbor brought a package over that was delivered to the wrong address. I had him open it and he said it was full of frogs! rofl... I got my package from irisluvr0252, Debbie... I can't wait to get home and see waht all is in it. Just wanted to let you know it finally arrived. The neighbor apologized and said they were gone all weekend to the lake...I am just glad to have gotten it...Will post pics tonight...Thank you Debbie.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9123103

Aww that's a nice sign, Kris, and on your birthday too.
Susan, you're truly an awesome 'swapper'.

Joyce, your DH must be thinking that his wife has gone frogs on him!!!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9123156

YEAH! Glad the box arrived...hope everything was in one piece and nothing broken. Sorry about being so late!

Debbie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9123363

Not a problem Debbie, I am sorry I didn't know about it Saturday... ;(
We had a temp mail delivery guy cause I got someone elses mail but didn't think too much about it. I should of check everyone...rofl. I am just glad it wasn't plants!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 14, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9123465

Can't wait to see what your froggies look like!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9123491

Me too! LOL! Sometimes that happens with temps! One year I mailed a handmade afhgan to my sister-in-law in Texas for Christmas. They were not going to be able to come back to Indiana and I had gotten her name in our drawing. I mailed it in plenty of time before Christmas but she didn't get it until after the first of the year. It had been delivered to their neighbor just before Christmas and the neighbor left for two weeks. They had forgotten all about the box for Anita! I was just getting ready to put in a claim for a lost package when she called to tell me she finally got the box!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9124100

Here are these precious froggies. I will take pictures by the water garden once I get them all installed.

First in the back is a solar frog relaxing on a lily pad...rofl, his belly lights up, can't wait to see him all a glow...too darn cute. Then a cutie frog rain gauge which I really needed and he is so cute. Then this has to be a female...rofl, see is doing tummy tucks...rofl, look at that face and she says welcome. Then a beautiful metal frog, I am going to hang him on the wall outside, then in the box is a really funny frog who grows hair (grass), then the frog in front is actually a pot hanger, got a great place for it, then froggie socks who would of known...rofl, then the cutest darn flag, can't wait to get it over the pond...
But that is not all, look at the wind chime, it just cracked me up. It has a waving arm and is green with pink dots. Can't look at that without cracking up!

I love everything and they couldn't be cutier, it was well worth the wait today...but I have to admit it was killing me at work, it took forever for the day to end and to get home...rofl. Great box and thank you so much.

Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9124163

That windchime was a must have! I thought the box was done and we stopped at Lowe's for something silly like hardware or paint (my trips usually are for the garden center and seldom go inside the store!) and I walked by a display of chimes, spotted that frog and had it off the rack without stopping! Can't wait to see a pic of the fat frog lit up!

I love this swap and all the different frogs we all find!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9124428

Oh Debbie, I love the frogs, and the wind chime with his/her arm waving is just great...too darn cute.

Guys I did get a very nice card which I forgot to take a pic of, which just shows how excited I was playing with all the froggies... ;)

Can't wait to get them all around the pond and will take alot of pics, once I get that done.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 15, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9124586

:-) Nothing like happy frogs to cheer your day, eh Joyce!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9124811

They surely do make you smile...which I need in the wee hours of the morning going to work, and surely need when I get home late from work...rofl.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9124950

Joyce, Beautiful froggies and love that wind chime! Debbie did a great job finding those!

My real life froggies are enjoying our little bitty pond, and I saw my first toad yesterday! I bet all the frog-swap goodies welcomed them home!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 17, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9127700

Absolutely adorable!! Can't wait to see them in their place of honor

I was guaranteed by Canada Post that a pkg of froggies would be delivered within the week. LindaKay has the confirmation #. Had to laught, one froggie was tring to get out of the box and a sign had to be attached warning of possible escape. Lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9131958

Just super great froggies everyone is receiving. Those are adorable happ! Tummy tucks... lol
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9132148

I'm not sure I posted pics of my froggies???? I can later tonight if I didn't...and I will do so!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 21, 2012
1:04 PM

Post #9132183

Just checked tracking. Says froggies are now on foreign soil..let us hope they made it in one piece!!

By end of week at latest someone should have Canadian froggies doing rib it/ rib it in their gardens

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9132195

Betty, as long as those froggies don't indulge in too many margaritas, they'll be just fine!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 21, 2012
2:00 PM

Post #9132277

Lol, you just never know Jaye, long trip to their destination!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9132403

This has been a great froggie swap again, thanks LK you be the Froggie Queen.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 21, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9132411

Thanks Robyn, it is not quite over yet, Jaye and I are still waiting on our package to arrive. Hopefully soon!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9132796

I saw that, but I just wanted to thank you before I forget to. CRS!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9133207

I don't have ants in my pants anticipating my froggie.. let's say.. I have a hornet's nest in there!!
Painfully hoping the box won't be hijacked!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 22, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9133308

Am hoping the rib it sound will be heard today..hmmm only to left to receive their froggies, might it be you Jaye or Linda Kay???

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9133315

Betty, this is really a happy coincidence.
For the first time, two ~ehem~ great sistahs... become the last two to get their swaps!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9133392

Thanks so much for the swap LK. As always, it has been great fun. I agree, you are THE Froggie Queen!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9134187

Thanks Linda Kay for hosting such a great swap and my first for froggies. Mine is in the garden holding water for those little flying critters that need it.

AND I AM SOOOOO SORRY CRIT...Thankyou for my froggies. I thought I had posted and pix toooooo!!!!!! Please forgive me!!!!! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!! I remember that week I had gotten my package, my download to 'puter was not working for me, lol, I'm thinking it was me, but I'll never know. Anyway, had my brother fix for me and then forgot to post. I just love my leaf froggie, he just got filled a few hours ago and the whirly thingy is scaring off thse big critters, thanks. Will be placing little froggie in the right spot when I figure out where I want him permanently, til then he's sitting next to the path in the main border, next to some groundcover.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9134193

I am blessed!!! Triple blessed!! I give thanks to the Lord that someone loves me enough to get the most wonderful froggies.
They are from my sistah, Jsxtiger (Joyce).
Jalapeno Jax you're truly a HOT giver!

Well, just like someone who can't find the camera wire each time she needs to take pictures of what she received. My camera batteries always fail me when I need them to work.
So, I'll just describe what I got, and will post pics tomorrow.

1. Solar powered 3 charming mosaic frogs, very detailed, crossing a stump.
2. A solar frog statue, that changes colors holding a lotus.
3. A frog rain gauge with a solar umbrella!

Oh Jalapeno Jax, I love them all and I don't have any solar frogs in my collection and now I have 3! WOW.
You must have peeked at my collection!

BTW, Jax had gifted me a whole set of lovely frogs a couple of years ago.
Again, she blew me away with her generosity.

Froggie lovers, wait till you see the pictures tomorrow. You'd be oohing and aaahing!!

LK, Betty will treat you right too!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9134196

Kathy, you have a nice collection there!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9134217

That's OK Kathy. I do believe you mentioned you had received, but had not been able to post the pics. Very happy you like them. I love the froggie holding the leaf. He almost stayed in my yard! :-)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9134220

I love the solar frogs. I have 2 that are on solar powered lights, but would LOVE to have some that light up! I have 2 hummingbirds on a stick that are solar powered and change colors. They are really neat.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 22, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9134231

Lucky you Jaye..
I too received some gorgeous solar frogs, trio set that sit on the cement rhubbarb leaves..love them

Guess we know who had you LindaKay, you are the last one waiting..sure hope postman comes tomorrow!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9134290

Would love to see the solar hummingbirds, Patti.

Betty, I'm thrilled to death with my solar frogs.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9134306

They are really cool Jaye. They are on a stake you stick into the ground then they start doing their thing at dusk until the battery runs down. As soon as my back starts to like me again, I'll go out and take some pictures.

My DH got them for me for Mother's Day last year.

This message was edited May 22, 2012 7:51 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #9134311

Can't wait to see your frogs Jaye!

Kathy, love those frogs too!

Once again, we have received a variety of frogs, with no duplicates! Nice going everyone!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9134314

Great swap LK. Thanks again!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9134321

Finally posting pics of the froggies from my swap partner! Love, love, love them all!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252   Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9134322

Debbie, love those frogs! bet they will look good in your garden!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9134323

I can only upload 2 pics at a time! If I try more than 2, I get booted out of the forum!

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9134342

gonna try this again...here are two more pictures of my froggies...I can't upload more than two at a time or I get the boot!

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9134345

two more...:) the one on the left is a tea light holder and the one on the right 'croaks' when you squeeze his back!

This message was edited May 22, 2012 9:09 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 22, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9134346

Too adorable for words..i would have been proud to receive any of them! Debbie will bring minefromChris when thry visit during the sistah'sgathering at end of June, excited ss can be to get them..

Froggies are a croaking here tonight, walked the gardens, so peaceful listening to them.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9134350

love the expression on this one! And who couldn't use gloves??!

thanks again to my partner Sundownr-Bev!

This message was edited May 22, 2012 9:12 PM

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9134356

almost forgot about the garden flag! One of my favorites!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 22, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9134491

Kathy, I love the froggies Patti sent you, especially the wind chime/spinner...beautiful!

Jaye, I love the solar stuff, too! I have collection of solar toads that one of my sons gave me last year for my b-day. I can't wait to see pics of yours from Joyce!

Debbie, Those froggies sure looked familiar, hehehe! I thought you already posted the pics and I just missed it. Sure glad you liked them!

This was definitely one fine froggie swap! Thanks again LK!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2012
2:49 AM

Post #9134640

aawwww heaven! so, so glad ya like them! an do apologize for their late arrival, but ya know, wit me bad back...tis so hard to jump/hop to catch thems little elusive creatures! so, kin i come out from under the table now? kin i show mw face agin? (kin sumbody fill me cuppa?)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9134693

Aw Jax, no worries for being late!
Hold out your cuppa, I will fill it up! :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 23, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9134753

Glad you are thinking that way LindaKay..lol

what time does your mail person come..must go check the tracking number

Edited to read:

LindaKay yesterday we tracked the number and got that it was in Chicago
I enter it today and says invalid number..hmmm maybe when it gets to post office they take it off system?

This message was edited May 23, 2012 7:50 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9134764

I get mail, anywhere from noon till 5 PM.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9135309

Well, they say they leave the best for last!

Betty, I got my frogs and they are beautiful! Love expression on her face!

And the second one is motion activated, when you move it front of it, it say's... ribbit... ribbit!!!!!

Thanks again to all who joined the froggie swap, it was a lot of fun, an I hope to see your names next year!!!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9135311

Well, the 2nd one did not show up, lets try again!

Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 23, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9135404

Glad they got there in one piece~~~

Did you see the note on the front box..Miss Froggie really was trying to escape..lol
Had to push her back into the box and attach a 'beware' sign

I think I'm going to pick up a motion froggie for myself..can just the people's face as they walk by and hear it 'croack' lol

thanks for the fun swap!!! Good Lord willing, will see you next year!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012

Post #9135414

I did, thought that was cute!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9135447

A tea light froggie? I want that!!!
Bev, you've certainly packed an awesome box.

I want a vocal frog too :p That's too cute Betty, a warning sign!

Left only me to post pics? We'll be out for the evening, and will get new batteries.

LK, you're certainly the Queen of Froggies.

I'm ready for the PJ swap which LK's hosting too. Don't miss that one ladies!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9135497

LK, I really like those Canadian froggies from Betty!! We had a ball with a big motion-detector toad by the front door greeting folks! I use it now to keep wild critters away from my goldfish pond, hehehe. I hope you have as much fun with yours!

LK, Give me a shout for next year's Froggie swap (I won't be able to participate in the PJ swap though, sorry)!!
Love y'all, and had so much fun giving and receiving precious froggies!!
--
Bev

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 23, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9135840

Love that motion detector, wow...wonder if I could borrow to scare off those four legged kritters that i don't want, lol.

So much fun...and thanks for arranging Linda Kay.

Hey, has anyone ever done a fairy swap???? Just asking, lol...(hint...hint), lol.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9135991

I believe Kris is going to do a fairy swap, and/or miniature swap some time this summer.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 23, 2012
9:18 PM

Post #9136104

Thanks...will find it.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9136400

Aww Bev. You'd be missing some PJ talk!!

Here they are folks!
My new family members from Jalapeno Jax.
Thank you so much!

Thumbnail by heavenscape   Thumbnail by heavenscape   Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9136417

Oh Jaye, those are so cute! Love those frogs!

Thanks again to all for joining the froggie swap for 2012! I love all the frogs, and I hope they all find a comfy spot in your gardens! Hope to see you all in 2013?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2012
7:46 AM

Post #9136428

I got mine lined up already for next year!! Thanks again LK!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9136440

:-)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9136463

Those are some cute froggies! Great swap as usual LK! See you next year...have my froggies already too!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9136665

Check out this frog I saw on FB! So cute! Waving bye until the next froggie swap!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 24, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9136669

Too adorable Jaye..bet they have a place of honor in your gardens!!!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9136785

Jaye, Love, love, love the froggies Jax sent ya!!! I'll miss the PJ talk, but I'm starting to get really busy and have computer issues to boot. The bad storms we've had over the last month or so have really done a number on our electronics. Seems we're finding something everyday that's been fried or now limping along.

Debbie, Cool 'bye bye froggie', hehehe!

I swiped this one off of Facebook this morning filled with succulents over a pond (I think). I wanna make something similar, soon as I figure how!
--
Bye y'all!

Thumbnail by Sundownr

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 24, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9136789

awe, think we all should have one!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9136884

That is too cool! Love it!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9137288

I WANNA MOTION ACTIVATeD FROGGIE!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL Have to try and find one.

Great swap LK with all the adorable froggies. Ready for next year!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9137308

iris, try reducing the size of your photo's and you can probably do 5 with no problems.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9138277

Ok, froggies croaking all night, kept me awake..this morning I went to get plants for the pond..just happen to walk by and guess who is resting so that he can croak tonight!!!! Should throw him off his resting place..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9138330

But they are so cute!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 25, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9138509

Frog legs/frog legs. Lol

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9138600

LOLOL
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9193118

Just found this forum. These are just too cute.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 4, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9193133

Just to let you know, I had the DG Sistah's reunion last weekend and although I saw photo's of my froggies I just got to ohhh ahhhh when she brought the box with her..

They are too adorable!
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #9193148

I would love to email those who make their own froggies.
I paint rocks for a starter. The electricity is blinking on and off here. Hope these pics go through.
The ones on the left were painted by my granddaughter with glitter spots. Those in the middle are painted by me and a ten yr old. The one on the left is out of cement. I repaint it every 3-5 years. I just have the eyes to finish.

Thumbnail by plantsforpeg   Thumbnail by plantsforpeg   Thumbnail by plantsforpeg

plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #9193156

This one I purchased at a discount since it has a flaw on the leg. The one in the middle is in a large dish garden. The one on the right is a Rhips that I am working on a trade for. OOOOPS!

Thumbnail by plantsforpeg   Thumbnail by plantsforpeg   Thumbnail by plantsforpeg

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 4, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9193197

They are just too adorable..you will have to watch for the next froggie swap and join us!! Always loads of fun..
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9193214

Maybe so. Depends on what's happening at the time.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9193777

Betty, post your pictures please?

plantsforpeg, love those frogs, they are so cute. Would love to have you next year for this swap!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9193802

Yah Betty.. pictures of your new frogs.. not frog legs!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 5, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9193871

They were already posted when they arrived at Debbie's..she got to do all the oooh's and ahhh's for me..then I did last week when she brought them
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9193949

Thanks for the warm welcome. You are drawing me in.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9193974

Sorry Betty.. the heat stole what's left of my brain cells!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America