AuthorContent

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 24, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9095999

There are now 11 people in this group, and to do this we can now have TWO groups of 5 (I will simply do 2 centers...). We actually Could add one more person to Group One, if you know of someone, or if you'd like to belong to the larger group 2, or the smaller group 1, please let me know and I'll "rearrange" the groups.

This group is now closed to any new members - We have 2 groups going consequently for a really nice sized quilt.
At the end of April 2013 we will each end up having a large Lap Quilt.

As this is a "multi-site" group project, I will be adding postings between the two sites.
Please bear with me as people may post faster than I can copy/paste. Rest assured though, that we will all get our quilts!
Note: - it has been decided by a majority of members to extend the size of each round / border, so I will be updating the sizes once members have a say in what they think the new sizes should be (not 2" for them...)

Here's a sample of another group's Round Robin in Blue
[lightbox]2012-04-25/Tallulah_B/3e87a6[/lightbox]

People who have joined:

Tallulah (Susan)
Taters55 (Linda Kay)
Quilter5 (Barb)
Doe 41 (Audrey)
BettyPauze (Betty)
Diamond919 (Anita)
Mitzy (Mittsy)
Anjlsmom (Pat)
BarefootT (Thunder)
Lavonne (Dorothy)
Cherrific (Cher)

End date for all the lap quilts to be back to the originator is one year from the date this thread was started - April 22, 2013
We are re-vamping the size of the borders (as per request by members of the group. Please 'stay tuned' for the change. In the meantime, you can still make your center.

Here are the directions.
1st round-start with a 15 1/2"x24 1/2" inch unfinished center-everyone sends theirs to the next person on the list
2nd round -everyone adds a 2"border to the quilt they are sent. Send to next person on list.
3rd round - everyone adds a 3" border and sends to the next person
4th round - everyone adds a 4" border
5th round - everyone adds a 5" border
6th round - everyone adds a 4" border and then sends back to the next person on the list who will actually be the maker of the center (the owner).

As you finish a round, the next person on the list will always be consistent, you'll be sending each quilt to the same person. So by the time you finally get to the last round, you'll have worked on the quilt that belongs to the person you've sent to all along.
Each round can be appliquéd, pieced, plain fabric or embroidered if you wish. It's up to you to decide what you can do and what you think goes well with the center.

Group One:
1. Susan (sends to Linda Kay)
2. Linda Kay (sends to Barb)
3. Barb (sends to Audrey)
4. Audrey (sends to Betty)
5 Betty (sends to Cher)
6. Cher (sends to Susan)

Group Two
1 Susan (sends to Mitsy)
2 Mittsy (sends to Pat)
3. Patsends to Thunder
4 Thunder (sends to Dorothy)
5 Dorothy (sends to Anita)
6 Anita (sends to Susan)

As of Oct 23, 2012 - Dorothy is unable to continue. Anita is doing her own and Dorothy’s. Dorothy will still get her center of course.

When the originator receives the quilt top back, it is up to them if they want to embellish it, or extend it to be larger.
You can choose to stay within a color scheme or theme such as Christmas or do only red/whites, or do a makers' choice. The sky is the limit and it's such a treasure to get back your quilt and see all the wonderful work everyone from your group has put into the quilt.

People who want to see the "Work in progress"
Mittsy
Thunder
Susan

People who want to be "Surprised"
Barb
Pat
Audrey
Dorothy

This message was edited Oct 27, 2012 3:36 PM

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 24, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9096268

Sounds like a lot of fun Susan!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 24, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9096319

Great!! Glad you found us again Betty lol
How are you feeling? Did you get a good rest?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 24, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9096572

I forgot to say when we should have our center to the person we send to...

How about if we have the center to our "send to" person by the end of May? That should give us over a month to find a pattern and make our center. Agreed?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9096841

Sounds good.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

April 25, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9096870

I would like to join, please add my name to the list. Sounds like fun.

Mittsy

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 25, 2012
9:51 AM

Post #9097293

okay Mittsy - will do! You are now officially the last member of the group!!

Thank you for joining our little group, this will be fun!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 25, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9097870

I have had a request from BarefootT/Thunder to join the group, now that we have different sizes for the borders.
I told her I would let the group decide, because now this will be larger than a lap quilt (heck, it will be - because of the new sizes of the borders!)
Anyway, let me know

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

April 25, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9097942

Rats I was away a couple of days and missed out. I've been wanting to do a RR forever. Oh well I will drool over this one have fun everyone I'll just be over here sulking pay no never mind to the boo hoos your hearing. Lol
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 25, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9097954

Hey Cher - we could use another person in Group 1, if you'd like to join... then we'd have 6 in each!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9098743

This is going to be fun - I'm looking forward to it!!

Reminder - The centers are to be sent by the end of May, to the person below you in the list. I can't remember which post it was in, but it was something I posted. Maybe in page 2...

Each one of us should send our address to the person Above Us in our Group list. That way, they will know the address of the person they are sending to.

As to posting pictures as we go along... another decision I'd like to ask the group their opinion on (see how diplomatic I am?) (grin)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9098765

I would like to be surprised with mine!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9098779

y'know what?... so would I!! You can never really tell what it looks like during the construction - sorta like renovation. I would Never (for decorating anyway) presume that what I'm seeing in the middle of the job is what it will look like - you can only presume at that stage... and the additions of each border will change the entire look of the finished project anyway JMHO.

I will go with the majority, however...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9098974

I don't want to know anything about mine from the time I mail the center until it comes back to me at the end. I want to be totatlly surprised...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9099032

Well, that's 3 of us... Any other votes as to whether we post as we get centers/add our "rounds" or wait until we get our quilt tops back, finished?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9099107

Just thought of something - maybe the "directions" should be sent with the first center block, so there's a "printed" version.
I know how some of us have periodic computer problems, and having the directions handy is a good thing.
Saving them to Word on your system works if you don't have Internet access, but if your computer itself has problems, you'd lose the instructions anyway.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9099232

How about we post a picture of our centers, before we send them out...then just have chatter and questions...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9099412

Sounds good to me!! That way, even with us sending some fabric with our centers, if someone wants to find a specific Other fabric they want to put as a border they can know ahead of time what they want to add.

I don't know if I will be sending fabric with each "sending" I do, but I certainly will send some when I send out my center.
It may not be fabric I would necessarily want with my center, but it may be something "new" that my "send-to" may like for their Own use.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

April 26, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9099459

YAY! This is great ! I like surprises too but sending the center photos is a treat too.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
9:28 PM

Post #9099503

Yes, I like that idea - and will be doing 2, myself, because I'm "heading up" 2 groups. I will do a different one for each group, so not only want to make sure what I'm deciding, but make it different LOL
This is going to be Such Fun!! yaaaaaaaay!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

April 26, 2012
9:33 PM

Post #9099507

I am envious of participating but I KNOW it's best I sit this one out. I'll be watching all the fun and drooling all over the pictures when they can finally roll in!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2012
9:49 PM

Post #9099518

lol ok Pat - I really couldn't add any more to the group now, but... who knows, you may find another RR to participate in, or (in a year's time) I may start another one!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

April 27, 2012
2:44 AM

Post #9099596

Two groups, wow. I'll update my address as soon as we are back in NY, but I ask that you not send me anything until I have updated. Sorry, but you know how it is with snowbirds.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 27, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9099647

lol Mittsy! Well, we'll certainly look for your new address. Guess you're going to be busy when you get back! When Do you Snowbirds head back? May, June?!?!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

April 27, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9100022

May, but we visit the grandsons in KY before going home. Won't be long and they will be too old (14 and 16) for granparent's visits.

I have been giving this a lot of thought, and have decided that I (WE) will be making a Christmas quilt for my son in law Ray's mom. She was very taken with the one that I made for Taylor and the one I am making for Hannah. It will be traditional red, green, white, and gold, with lots of embellishments and a touch of sparkly glitter.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #9100053

That will keep you busy Mittsy. Do you need any blocks from us???

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9100108

Or fabric? I would be glad to donate to the cause!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 27, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9100176

Mittsy - is this the quilt "we're" making with you, and your fabric choices? If so, I have some really beautiful Christmas fabric I can add to yours!
What a wonderful idea (you Did say "WE" so I'm guessing this IS what you meant...?!?!)
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

April 28, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9100850

Absolutely, I can get by with a little { translate to a LOT} of help from my friends! All of our group swaps have evolved into beautiful quilts that have made many wonderful gifts over the years. If you have something Christmasy do set it aside for your contributing portion of this robin. I also like to make my 2 1/4" bindings on the straight, not bias grain from several different wof strips. So if you can add a strip of coordinating fabric for the binding that would be wonderful.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9100910

No problem, Do you want it sent to the address in the exchange?

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

April 28, 2012
7:14 AM

Post #9101058

Dang, makes me wish I had played, I never thought of doing a Christmas design.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 28, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9101203

ah well, Karen - maybe another time...
We're not expecting to finish these tops until Next April, so would be Christmas presents for Christmas 2013...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

April 28, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9101226

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 5:24 PM

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

April 28, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9101228

I'm not doing Christmas presents, I'm making tree skirts for all my grands. They actually get them as wedding gifts. I would want round or square for that. You all have fun, I'll just watch.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 28, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9101236

ok Karen

1st time we post pics will be Centers.
After that, we won't be posting pics until we receive our finished Tops.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 28, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9101244

As we're making larger tops, I need to see what everyone wants - within the sizes of approx 15 1/2 x 24 1/2, do you want to do squares instead of rectangles?
If squares, I think, to be fair to those adding, that we should Not do 24" centers. If a 15 to 18"" center, with 36" of width additions, would make a square, instead of a rectangle. Again, the originator, (when receiving the finished top back) could add to it to make it larger.

I can see the "challenge" of doing a rectangle, so will leave it Open to the shape of the center to either a square or rectangle IF it will not increase the amount of fabric used by the person adding the round. In other words, do not send a 24" square, as that is definitely larger than 15"x24" (78" diameter total). 19" square would be fine (77" - ish diameter total).

So, to sum up - if you want a square center, you can make Up To a 19" square, and that will not impact the amount of fabric used to make borders. A 19" center makes a 55" square top, once all the borders are on.

I leave it to each individual of the groups.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 10:35 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2012
1:54 PM

Post #9101440

I like the rectangle center.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 28, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9101475

Whatever you want for your center, is Entirely up to you, LindaKay - if you want square, that's fine - if you want rectangle, that's good too. The shape is up to you, as long as it's no more than a diameter of 78 inches.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

April 29, 2012
3:56 AM

Post #9102139

Linda Kay, you are not in my group, but thanks anyway! I like the rectangle, not a square center.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 29, 2012
1:04 PM

Post #9102741

It doesn't matter which group you're in - the shape of the center is what each individual wants. The people putting the borders on have to put a border around a square or rectangle (whichever the originator created - up to 78" total diameter). Each will take the same amount of fabric to put a border on.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 30, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9103757

Guess it's now time to get creative!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9103932

here is a mock up of a round robin, 15 x 20 center.

I think I have decided upon my center :-)

Thumbnail by barefootT

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9103994

I have decided on both my centers - now to finish the 2nd one (first is a panel and 2nd one is embroidered) and send 'em out!! And decide which group gets which one LOL

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9104147

I will have to just drool along.. having some promised quilts to complete. Maybe next year.
Susan, you have dmail.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
1:04 PM

Post #9104166

I see, Jaye dear, I see... :-)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9104200

I just saw the most fabulously funky quilt - looks easy to do?!?!
http://www.interweavestore.com/Sewing/Patterns/Paper-Shredder-Quilt.html?SessionThemeID=16&a=qp120430
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9104257

See what happens...I go away for a while a miss out on all the fun! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9104320

LOL oh, Janice - sorry you didn't get to join. Who knows...in a year, when this one's finished, I may be inclined to do another... (grin)
I have one center - it's a panel, and I'll see about getting it posted...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9104328

Here's the panel I chose - I'm going to let the group choose which one wants to work on it.
So, the first group to choose is the one I'll send it to.
This one is approx 23 x 16" Ignore the "woodgrain" around it - it's the bookcase I taped it to, to take the picture.
Later I will post the embroidered one I chose for the other group - it's a Water Lily and a 19" square.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2012 2:51 PM

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9104361

Please post your centers here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255414/

I've posted my Panel Center on the new thread.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 1, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9105468

Hey Janice !!! nice to see Ya :)

Susan that is very pretty :)

that looks like a Joe Cunningham quilt to me!!! I'd say this fellow borrowed the idea from him...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 1, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9105857

Sew, who wants to work from my center, as posted? Or do you want to wait to see the 2nd, embroidered on? It will be a week or so before I do that one...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 2, 2012
3:55 AM

Post #9106750

Well Susan you'll be sending to me so I'll claim this one but don't send it until I'm back in NY. I'll pull some fabric from my stash and pack it up with the rest of my stuff.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 2, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9107064

Okay Mittsy - Group 2 it IS - and I'll hold off until you say you're back in NY

As for the embroidered one - I'm looking for my Big Book of Embroidery, and it's hiiiiiiiii-iding lol
I will do a 19" square for it, but not sure it will be a water lilly... we shall see how quickly I find the book lol

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 2, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9107752

ohhhh book hunting...I did a bunch of that...trying to decide what to do for my center :)
between a picture and a fantastic suggestion from my darling baby boy !!! I know what I am doing...lets just hope we can get the vision to work...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 2, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9107821

I have the book...somewhere... And there are a lot of terrific embroidery patterns in it. Have had it for about 40 years!! There are Baby patterns, patterns for all different ethic groups, and all the holidays for Everyone, plus alphabet and kitchen/outdoors/animals... you name it, it has it.
If I remember correctly, there is a beautiful peacock one... oh gosh - hope I find it!!!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 3, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9108425

OK now I need clarification. When you say a 2" border does that mean I cut 2"' or 2.5" to finish 2" with seams? I have bought this beautiful fabric which has a hint of peach in it. I haven't cut it yet as I only bought half a yard. I had thought I'd embroider four butterflies to put in the corners (keystones ?) I love how they came out but I think I've screwed up on size. They need to be to a minimum of 3' to allow for a seam allowance. I am normally pretty good with spatial reasoning but with my machine at the repair shop and not knowing if i'll be able to get it to NY, thing are a bit iffy right now. I am trying to cover all my bases and have asked my sister if I could use her embroidery/sewing machine if the need arises. Of course she says YES, but we have one car so I know I wouldn't be able to get to her every day.

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9108462

Follow your heart Mittsy. If it is a bit wider than called for, I'm sure someone with one of the wider borders would make an allowance. If it comes to me then I will make mine narrower. I guess I think it should relect what each of us chooses to add for the center person.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9108880

Whenever a # of inches is even, it's the finished size. You would always need to add 2 times 1/4" (1/2") to the width of the border.
So, if it's a 3" border (finished), you'd need 3 1/2" width of fabric.
I love those Butterflies!! - guess as I'm sending my butterfly center to you, these are going on mine!! oh Wow - Thank you, Mittsy (VBGrin!!)

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 3, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9108918

Mittsy, if you're using them for cornerstones in the borders, there is an idea I just noted in one of my mags. Good for kids quilts too, as that a smaller pattern or a fussy cut square can be edged (enlarged) with small borders, like 1/2" or 1", similar to a Courthouse square or Log Cabin. That way you could use a smaller embroidered design and just add on skinny borders to 'frame' them, enough to equal the border strips. Your butterflies would set off the center design!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 3, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9109414

Susan, didn't you say you were going to make your quilt a larger one??? i for one...would not have any problem with it if Mittsy did 3 inches, Pat could do 4'', if that is ok with her,?? we could all just "carry on" with the next size...and you would end up with an inch larger in the end...

Or some one could skip an inch any where...up to you...it is going to be yours to live with in the end...

what's an inch or two between friends ??? :-)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9109559

lol yes, What's An Inch Or Two Between Friends, indeed!
Yes, I'm going to make mine a queen-sized bed quilt.
and if Mittsy has a 3" border, and 1/2" of it is used in seam, then it would be a 2 1/2" and that's just fine for me. After all - I won't be measuring the borders LOL LOL
It's simply wonderful that I will be getting my friend's "take" on what they see my quilt will look like when finished. It's fabulous actually, to be sharing our visions.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 5, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9111464

Got my machine back yesterday and it is all packed up for the big trip to KY and NY. Also have the fabric packed to make the first round on Susan's and I finished (Peggy's) my center last night. Followed your advice and put evergreen sprays with antique ornaments in each corner. I like it so think she will too! I'd mail my center but of course I've already packed my square and ruler and rotary cutter. Had to leave extra fabric so I could fit it in the embroidery frame. Camera is also packed so will take a picture when we get to KY. Don't dare unpack anything as that it how things get left behind. Winter coat is already to go even though it will probably hit 90 today Got to think ahead to the return in October. Will be cold when we leave NY.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 5, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9111799

That's Great, Mittsy!

re: Center - I have copied Mittsy's post of her Center, in the RRQuilt 2012 Centers thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255414/
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 12, 2012
4:05 AM

Post #9120657

Anyone needing my addy, I have updated it in the exchange. It will be good until beginning of October 2012. Thanks for your patience.
Mittsy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 12, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9120786

Susan, when do we mail out our first blocks?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 12, 2012
10:46 PM

Post #9121686

The centers should be received by the end of May by your "next in line"
Mine may be a little slower cuz it's coming from Canada, and I know it takes 2-3 weeks for things to get to the recipient...
Add to that, that I'm slow getting my embroidered center out... well, if it's mid-June your "next in line" get your centers, it should be ok.
I suggest we take No More than 6 weeks to have the next one to put a border on to receive it to add a border.
In my case, I would have a piece for 4 weeks before sending it, and if it takes 2 weeks to get there, that's the 6 weeks.

I know "life happens", but if we try valiantly to do this, we should have our completed centers back to each person.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 19, 2012
1:57 AM

Post #9129216

Anjlsmom, Pat please start watching for a white plastic bubble envelope. I mailed it yesterday morning. The postmistress went through her usual anything fragile, potentially dangerous etc. spiel. So I told her only addicting as I was participating in an online quilting round robin. She wanted to know what would become of the completed top, and was surprised that it would end up going to my daughter's MIL. Not so unusual to us quilters. Guess she couldn't get her head around the giving it away. I was out working in the yard (weeding) and noticed how wonderful the lilacs smell. They are early this year and are just past their peak. We usually have them for Memorial Day.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9130148

I received Pat's (anjilsmom) center...still getting mine put together..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 19, 2012
10:59 PM

Post #9130161

Great! Glad you got Pat's!!
I'm sending mine to Mittsy's out tomorrow.(the panel one - the embroidered one isn't done yet, and I wanted to give her Something!).
I'd better get more done on the embroidered one - still have fabric painting to do on it lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 19, 2012
11:05 PM

Post #9130162

LK - hope you don't mind waiting a bit for my Peacock center...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 20, 2012
1:30 AM

Post #9130180

Susan, thanks for letting me know. Do you think it will take two weeks to get to me here in New York?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9130342

No hurry Susan!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 20, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9130763

Ohhh need a rain day for sure, haven't even started and here some are mailing theirs out!
Better get a move on!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 20, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9130918

Mittsy - never sure how long things will take - 3 weeks was the longest, but have seen it mailed on Monday, and received on Thurs. Doesn't even matter how far - Sent from Western Canada, to Georgia, and took 5 days... another time to Thunder and took 3 weeks... it seems sporadic...
You're back in NY now, right? And you're going on a trip, too...right?

LK - almost finished embroidery - been really "pushing it" the past couple of days, and not being so slow when I AM doing it LOL

Betty - you've been sick, so as I said "life happens" - I won't send the "quilt block police" out, so don't worry lol If I were doing a pieced block, I guess I could get it done in a day... but my embroidery piece will take more time. I should have planned more time at least for mine, but I didn't, so here I'm the organizer and I'M late... anyway, don't worry.
Mine will get out, and so will yours. We're all human, right?!?!? (at least last time I looked, I had the Appearance of being human LOL )
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 20, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9130989

No trips for me until October. We did visit in KY on our way home from Cocoa Beach.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 20, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9131059

ok Mittsy - will get your panel off to you tomorrow - thought I would have time today, but don't... sorry I'm so slow :-(

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9134034

Audrey - my center is on it's way to you...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9134164

I am still working on mine but should be out by Sat
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 22, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9134178

Sounds good to me, Cher!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9134239

mine also should be going into the mail fri or sat...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 24, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9136724

Barb/Quilter5bdsr posted:
Mine is on its way to you Audrey...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 28, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #9142469

My center on it's way tomorrow morning to you Susan
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 28, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9142476

Great! Looking forward to seeing it!!
Likely won't get here for 2 weeks, but I will get it done and send out asap so we can get on track for having 6 week total turn-around for each set of borders, k?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 29, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9143574

Ok it is in the mail

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 29, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9143915

Thank you, Cher!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 29, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9144088

mine is in the mail, along with some pieces of fabrics. to be used as you wish...or not.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 6, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9154569

Linda Kay's first border is on and ready to be mailed on it's way to Audrey...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 6, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9154573

That's Great, Barb!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9154599

That was quick! I need to clear off the table and put my machine out so I can get things going!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 6, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9154674

I'm still waiting for the two centers... I haven't checked my mail yet today. Not sure what time it comes anymore - used to be after 1pm, but now sometimes at 11:30. Think we have a different letter carrier.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 6, 2012
11:11 AM

Post #9154689

Cher - I got your "Puppy" center - so cute!!!!
Now, to think of the best Black/White/Red fabrics to put with it... :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 9, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9158452

Just received Audrey's insert..fell in live with it! Know I've been lagging and it's time to step up to the plate..hope seeing Audrey's masterpiece will do it!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 9, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9158669

Glad you got Audrey's center!! I forget what it looks like - could you post a picture of it in "Our Centers"?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 9, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9158715

she also sent fabric, ae we to send fabric as well?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 9, 2012
8:36 PM

Post #9158726

You don't have to send fabric - some are, and some aren't. I didn't...

It's not part of the "deal", but if you have a particular fabric that you feel "must" go with your center, or you want to give fabric so one of your group, feel free to.

I wanted to be surprised with the choices others make, so I didn't want to hold anyone back, but that's ME.
I DO however want to see the progress. It's funny isn't it - how someone will see a fabric that just Goes Well with you piece, but you didn't see it, OR they shop at different stores than you, and I know I'll get fabric from the US added to my center that will not be available to me in Canada...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 10, 2012
4:25 AM

Post #9158892

Can you inquire with Audrey as to adding hers or mine?? Had little birdies that I though would add to her piece but then that is to my liking and perhaps not hers??

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 10, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9159577

Betty, Betty, Betty...the reason for us to add to each others centers is so we will we each have a unique quilt that is made with thought and love as to what "goes" with the center. I for one will not hold Anyone back from adding to my quilt.

One thing I've learned from quilters online is to "step out of my comfort zone". If I were to have a say on each border of the quilt, I may as well make it myself. Freedom of expression is a wonderful thing, and I want everyone to put the border they feel "fits" with my center. I don't need to approve each choice. We're all crafters here, and make these decisions all the time.
Please don't 2nd guess yourself, and "go" with what looks good to you...
I've already received swap blocks for another "swap" and found a way to go with my blocks and have been Very pleasantly surprised. Things I thought wouldn't have gone together, previously, I found have gone together very well indeed!!!
'sides - this quilt Round Robin is meant with love and what we've learned over the years of colour matching.
Remember - crazy quilts with their multitude of colours/patterns are Very Well Received. Things people think Don't go, DO!
And who Doesn't like birdies?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 11, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9160522

Betty - Audrey posted:
"Tell her I said birdies ALWAYS go with flowers! I'll love anything she puts on it!"

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 14, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9164726

How's everyone doing on creating centers, receiving them putting on borders and sending out?

I've gotten Cher's center, and have the material - just trying to figure out Where from the red fabric I'm going to cut for the best patterning...
I'll post asap when decision made

I have one more center to receive...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 14, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9165048

Susan, your center was received in WA, don't know anything more than that.

Mittsy

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 14, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9165163

s'ok - no worries! It can take time to get across customs. It will get here when it gets here :-)

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 14, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9165571

I have sent and am now awaiting a loverly creation to adorn.
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 14, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9165638

Thanks Cher - I have copy/pasted your post in the "other room"

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 21, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9174720

On June 19th - PatAnjlsmom, posted this:
Just wanted to let you guys know, I have been under the weather and not doing much of anything including sewing. I am a little behind and will try to catch up. I will make every effort to get the two I have to work on in the mail before the end of the month. Sorry for the delay. Please be patient with me.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 29, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9290053

I know some have sent their centers out, and have added to others, and they will be all taken care of, I assure you.
I feel badly that I've "slipped up" and not done what I should have - especially as I created this forum in the first place.
Please know that I will not let this "slide". I just ask your forebearance and please know that I am thrilled to be a part of this group - I am truly blessed to call you my friends, and fellow-quilters.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9290476

we all have things happen Susan, like "life" no worries...I for one have been very late on a swap, just could not be helped...

we all know, we all try our best to meet or even beet the time lines...but sometimes it just does not work. hugs to you my dear, hope you have a great tomorrow!! Happy stitchin' :)

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 29, 2012
11:07 PM

Post #9290573

Ditto what Thunder said do what you can when you can I am great with that.
Cher
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 30, 2012
4:08 AM

Post #9290664

Important notice:

PLEASE, as of today, do not mail anything to me in NY as we will be traveling to our winter home in FL. I will post when we are ok to accept packages.
Mittsy

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2012
6:08 AM

Post #9290736

safe trip, Mittsy

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9290739

From me too. Hope you are getting to see the grandkids this trip too!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 30, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9291334

ok Mitsy - thanks for the heads-up

Tell me, what do you think a policy is in a grocery store with a pharmacy in the back of the store:
A customer who is shopping suddenly sits down, looking in distress, for about 20 minutes or more... there is 1 staff in the pharmacy (behind a locked door), a store clerk walks by and several other customers, but no one stops or asks if there is anything wrong...
This happened to me today. I'm fine now, but I was having stabbing pains in my head (not a headache), pains in my chest, both sides front and back, and they were enough to make me weep.
I think they saw someone crying (not sobbing, just tears running down my cheeks) and decided not to interfere... I was scared and the pains hurt! I waited until they subsided and slowly went to the checkout at about 1/2 speed.
When I got home, my DH got the groceries and asked if there was anything he could do. There wasn't - the worst had passed. About an hour I started to *burp* and I think that's all I needed, but in the meantime, I was really scared...
I can understand why the pharmacist didn't leave the counter - they have to be wary of theives stealing pharmaceuticals, but why didn't she ask or call someone to assist? A friend of mine is a manager there, and I called his house & left a message to see what the policy is, but surely there is Something in place...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

October 24, 2012
4:56 AM

Post #9313793

No stops in KY this trip. We are in Cocoa Beach and I've updated the address in the address exchange. Thanks for your patience.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9313963

Thanks for the update, Mittsy!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #9313998

I think I said it somewhere else??? butttttt

Welcome Home Mittsy !!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 24, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9314056

ohhh glad the thread popped up, almost forgot about this swap

Enjoy the good weather Mittsy

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9314070

I have asked for Susan for an update on where all the different centers are. It's been quite a while since I've seen one..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9314092

I replied to your question, Barb, on the thread where you posted... across the street

Here is my reply:
I take full responsibility, Barb. First our wall i my sewing room was taken down cuz of the mold, then I was getting depressed with my work situation, now I just got let go from a job after 3 days...
SEW, I have access to my sewing table, and have Mittsy's, Anita's, Betty's, Audrey's, and Cher's pieces. I have the material, and am working on them TODAY.
I cleared all Bob's tools off my table, and cleared everything, with stuff in organized order.
I'm feeling a more energized today than I have for about ... I can't tell you how long.!

btw - I've released some of my stress and tension...with my clear lung test, a "bad fit" job behind me, my sewing room fixed, and a cardio app't in the future (I'm sure I don't have heart trouble, just stress), I can now move on.

For some reason I was stymied on Mittsy's center - I have the material, but was afraid to cut my part wrong, and it stalemated me... Now, I will just Do It, then I can move on. It was my stress I suppose.
So, between today & tomorrow, I will get the 6 done (properly) and get them mailed this weekend.

I really apologize for stalling this - my life is not as hard as others, and I let it become my stall point when I shouldn't have.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
1:46 PM

Post #9314256

I finished Mittsy's!!!
Now, 4 more to do!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 24, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9314329

That is progress

I'm home, had my bath, in my nightie, took a pain killer and am trying to go downstairs and sew..I'm sooo close to finishing a christmas quilt top

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9314359

I had my camera in my hand today, now it's ... gone missing IN the house lol
Well, I'm working on the next center, and it should be done this evening. I want to have 2 more done today, so all I'll need is to do the 4th one on Friday.
Now, whose is the one that has the cathedral windows on it? Shades of purple, green & yellow?
I'm going to put a note on it, so we know whose it is, when I send it on.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9314372

Thanks for bringing us up to date Susan. I hope you don't think I was pushing. I was just thinking about mine and wondered where it was...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9314376

Of course I didn't think you were pushing, Barb!!
I'm just pleased both our timings were good. I am feeling so much better, and I had the sewing table available, and all the centers out and ready for working on!
(((((Barb)))))) We all need to know what's going on with the RR, so I would ask the question if it were me!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 24, 2012
9:24 PM

Post #9314670

Stress and depression can make decision making AND concentration difficult. I'm looking forward to PICTURES!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2012
9:44 PM

Post #9314681

Susan, does Mittsy have yours with the flowers on it?? or does Pat (anjlsmom) ?
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

October 25, 2012
3:09 AM

Post #9314747

Thunder, I think you were without a computer when i posted all this. I don't have any. I've sent all that I received on to Pat. Pictures were posted on the centers thread. I had originally picked a mottled peachy pink fabric to go with the butterflies but then went shopping for a dark brown which I couldn't find locally in NY. My friend Fran let me go shopping in her stash and I found the brown I used. I think the contrast is more appealing than the peachy pink.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 25, 2012
4:18 AM

Post #9314774

Mittsy - I think the brown is Perfect (after all, what woman Doesn't like chocolate?!?! lol )
And you're right - the contrast is more appealing.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9314956

Thanks Mittsy :) I guess I did miss that. it is gorgeous, and I agree the contrast is fantastic ! ! !

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 28, 2012
9:40 PM

Post #9318595

Mittsy - which address should I send to you at?
Are you in Cocoa Beach?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2012
4:05 AM

Post #9318676

Mittsy is in Florida now Susan...
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

October 29, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9318761

I dmailed addy to Susan.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 29, 2012
8:33 AM

Post #9318930

Thanks - glad you're not up North, Mittsy! You're safer down South, aren't you?
With your travelling, I'm never sure where you are lol I see that you updated your account here, and "the other room". You're quick, girl!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America