Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Vegetables: Ipomea batatas with edible tubers

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 1, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Udyanik
Edmonton
Canada

April 25, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9097358

Hi !
I've just joined Dave's Garden this morning. I'm so excited to have found it and being able to join.So, it's quite possible that I'm chosing the wrong section or page for posting my querry.
It's about finding a source to buy the above plant.. It has to be someone in Canada.
Before I had registered I had stumbled upon a list of vendors ( some of them from Canada) and their comments on this plant. I needed to get in touch with them for further information. But, later I've not been been able to find that page. How would I go about it ?

I have bought an Ipomea batatas plant from Rona Home And Garden in my hometown Edmonton,Alberta.I was so excited to buy it because the name of the plant sounded so familiar to me. I was thinking of all those edible plants under this botanical name either in plant form or tuber form that I've seen mentioned in gardening books. Little did I know at the time that the variety would make a difference. the one i've brought home is absolutely ornamental -Bright black ideas or something like that, I think it's called Blackie in short.

My question now is (1) How do I find that page with the list of vendors and (2) if I haven't used the right section for posting my question which section do I go to for my questions ?
Do I need to pay for a subscription in order to post questions?
Thank you very much for giving me a chance to ask my questions!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2012
10:48 PM

Post #9108048

At the top of the Home page, you'll see Products and Sources. Click on that and then scroll down until you see Plant Scout. Click on that and then enter your plant name. That will give you a list of vendors who sell that plant.

Good luck and welcome to Dave's.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America