Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Mini Rose Rescue: Re-pot early on

Communities > Forums > Article: Mini Rose Rescue
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mini Rose RescueReplies: 0, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
moonrose777
Topeka, KS
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9097785

My daughter and I have very pretty mini rose gardens with the plants from the floral dept at the grocery store. However, I was losing a lot of them in the beginning until I started repotting them when the blooms die back after the holiday. This gives them plenty of soil to hold water so they don't dry out as easily. Then they are in excellent shape when it is warm enough to get out and work a spot in the garden for them. It's amazing how much new root growth there is. Another thing to know is that there will actually be several plants in a four or five inch pot. They are crowded in and have very little soil in the pot they come in. We pull the individual plants apart when repotting. I bought one this winter that had three colors in the same pot. These little roses are actually much bigger than that tiny thing in the original pot as most grow to be at least a foot tall and most grow to two feet. I just love them in the gloom of winter and love them agian when they bloom all summer and fall.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mini Rose Rescue Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A really nice article Sharran 13 Mar 2, 2010 6:42 PM
Very inspiring! DMurray407 0 Feb 12, 2008 2:48 PM
What a Wonderful Idea!! SapphiresMom 1 Feb 12, 2008 11:34 PM
Thankyou Debbie2007 2 Feb 14, 2008 6:36 AM
Mini roses margieseyfer 0 Feb 18, 2008 4:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America